64 replies to this topic

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1723 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16

It's better to use both. Imagine, the disgrace it would bring to APB if G1 decides to abandon FairFight like they did to Punkbuster

Hundreds of thousands threads about "Hey, i was wrongfully banned, pls gooby g1, unban me"

So yeah, both would be nice. Server and Client side. Not that it couldn't be bypassed by the lowlife scum, but it would be a harder/longer task.

Spoiler

i really dont think anyone is turned off by an invasive client side anticheat

but pb was a huge resource hog as well

_|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|_|    _|   _|_|    _|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|          _|       _|  _|  _|   _|  _|  _|       _|        _|        _|  
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|    _|_|   _|    _|_|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    

Poperon

Poperon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1438 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

i really dont think anyone is turned off by an invasive client side anticheat

but pb was a huge resource hog as well

I don't remember the name of it, but quite some time ago there was a thread here talking about Client side ACs being invasive, and people defending this kind of thought. I'm lazy these days, but tomorrow i might take a look and see if i can find it.

Edited by Poperon, 23 February 2017 - 04:50 PM.

★★★★★ Proud Enforcer Brazilian Player ★★★★★

oq4j0eq.png

Brasileiros: Tutorial sobre como migrar sua Conta Hoplon!

Sl33pwolking

Sl33pwolking

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Joined 04-July 15

how you can compare two different things?

Crim:Sakurada(Cheatadel)    |Enf:Sakuraya(Nekrova)

Enf:Unfortune(Cheatadel)      |Crim:CherryTime(Nekrova)

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1463 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

It's better to use both. Imagine, the disgrace it would bring to APB if G1 decides to abandon FairFight like they did to Punkbuster

Hundreds of thousands threads about "Hey, i was wrongfully banned, pls gooby g1, unban me"

So yeah, both would be nice. Server and Client side. Not that it couldn't be bypassed by the lowlife scum, but it would be a harder/longer task.

Spoiler

That ban lift was total bs anyway. If you had 2 players on the same PC it counted as multiple account bans, even though it was a single HWID ban, so those players didn't get their bans lifted. It should of been all or nothing.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 1080
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

That ban lift was total bs anyway. If you had 2 players on the same PC it counted as multiple account bans, even though it was a single HWID ban, so those players didn't get their bans lifted. It should of been all or nothing.

I don't really understand about having multiple bans on one account. If the player is already blocked with just one ban, why would they need multiple ones, is what I'm wondering.

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1463 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

I don't really understand about having multiple bans on one account. If the player is already blocked with just one ban, why would they need multiple ones, is what I'm wondering.

It's to catch players who cheat on alt accounts. That's why it's best to contact support right away and waiting for a human reply instead of creating a new account.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 1080
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

It's to catch players who cheat on alt accounts. That's why it's best to contact support right away and waiting for a human reply instead of creating a new account.

So basically if player A is already FF banned on his/her 1st account and then gets FF banned on a 2nd account, player A would then have another ban added to his/her 1st account?

Apologies if I'm not understanding, just trying to get my head around it.

Edited by Enjia, 23 February 2017 - 09:45 PM.

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1463 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

So basically if player A is already FF banned on his/her 1st account and then gets FF banned on a 2nd account, player A would then have another ban added to his/her 1st account?

Apologize if I'm not understanding, just trying to get my head around it.

I'm not sure about how FF tracks players. Punk Buster used a unique ID that was assigned to your computer. If you were caught cheating PB would flag that ID and any account associated with it would receive a ban. Reloaded would see all of those bans as separate bans, however if they looked up that ID they would find all the accounts banned under it.

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

I'm not sure about how FF tracks players. Punk Buster used a unique ID that was assigned to your computer. If you were caught cheating PB would flag that ID and any account associated with it would receive a ban. Reloaded would see all of those bans as separate bans, however if they looked up that ID they would find all the accounts banned under it.

I wouldn't be surprised if every account had a unique ID number and FF was able to track those. Stuff like that usually have some ID with it, just like how steam accounts have their own Steam_ID number.

UubeNubeh DaWog

UubeNubeh DaWog

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1981 posts
  • Joined 19-August 12

Apologies if I'm not understanding, just trying to get my head around it.

Its simply multiple bans per PC, not account. Assuming they havnt changed their ip/hwid, its just another account on the PC and not an account thats added onto the first.

I'm actually done with this mess. Just make me a forum mod so we can have SOMEONE with some competence around here.

❤BR)))❤

❤BR)))❤

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1806 posts
  • Joined 04-August 13

Credit card verification for new accounts or something similar?

LMAO

also, they use HWID for banning but every HWID ban is as easy to bypass as an IP ban
there is no possible way besides making people pay prices that would actually hurt them
(or any kind of ID verification - which is... well not ideal.)

Edited by ❤BR)))❤, 24 February 2017 - 11:55 AM.

t r a   n s i   l v a   n i  a  n c   u n t   h u n   g e r

FreeHenryman90

FreeHenryman90

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 27-December 16

LMAO

also, they use HWID for banning but every HWID ban is as easy to bypass as an IP ban
there is no possible way besides making people pay prices that would actually hurt them
(or any kind of ID verification - which is... well not ideal.)

You don't trust this company to keep your information safe?  :Ha Ha Ha:

Edited by Henryman90v2, 24 February 2017 - 01:29 PM.

Crusadeer

Crusadeer

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2583 posts
  • Joined 13-June 11

GM's are now manual banning under Fairfight because they know Fairfight alone can't capture all the cheaters. Sadly a few legitimate players are mix into these bans also.

xD

xD

lTheDarkness

lTheDarkness

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Joined 29-August 14

i think it's good idea to improve a real anti-cheat like battleye

UubeNubeh DaWog

UubeNubeh DaWog

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1981 posts
  • Joined 19-August 12

i think it's good idea to improve a real anti-cheat like PB 2.0

I'm actually done with this mess. Just make me a forum mod so we can have SOMEONE with some competence around here.

❤BR)))❤

❤BR)))❤

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1806 posts
  • Joined 04-August 13

You don't trust this company to keep your information safe?  Ha%20Ha%20Ha.gif

no, your suggestion is just ridiculous.

t r a   n s i   l v a   n i  a  n c   u n t   h u n   g e r

Eixo

Eixo

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Joined 30-June 15
BE- Client sided anticheat, FF- Server sided anticheat, to protect game properly both of them should run , now there is only FF so there is no client anticeaht it means every free bullshot cheat will work now easily ...

FreeHenryman90

FreeHenryman90

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 27-December 16

no, your suggestion is just ridiculous.

Come up with something better, besides better anticheat this company can't probably afford.

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

how you can compare two different things?

i like ur avatar i like anime aswell :33

Come up with something better, besides better anticheat this company can't probably afford.

If G1 had the money, I wouldn't be surprised if they got both FF and BE working together on APB. I don't know about G1's revenue since it's not shared publicly. However, I do remember a few years back that they removed a lot of songs from the media player because they couldn't afford the music licensing anymore. That's usually not a good sign.

FreeHenryman90

FreeHenryman90

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 27-December 16

i like ur avatar i like anime aswell :33

If G1 had the money, I wouldn't be surprised if they got both FF and BE working together on APB. I don't know about G1's revenue since it's not shared publicly. However, I do remember a few years back that they removed a lot of songs from the media player because they couldn't afford the music licensing anymore. That's usually not a good sign.

Maybe they should sell this game before its worth of few pennies.

Tigrix

Tigrix

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Joined 20-August 14

Battleye does a great job in the games I play that have it, so battleye it is.

Same impression. It really does seem a step above any other client-side anticheats. Probably also more expensive and perhaps too late to contemplate upon. (if they added such significant anti-cheat 1-2 years ago, then the size of APB would have remained far more healthy than it currently is).

Of course if they could negotiate a deal with BE, considering how small APB now is, then yes it would be awesome & should run alongside FairFight.

quote from BE's homepage:

Fighting cheaters in all games with success, it was obvious that BattlEye had the potential to be more than a traditional anti-cheat that only kicks or bans players after the damage has already been done. Consequently, BattlEye transformed into a proactive system in late 2014 completely preventing most cheating from happening. This marked the biggest milestone so far.

The cheater-plagued DayZ community has confirmed many times that cheating has been reduced to an absolute minimum ever since the new proactive system was introduced in February 2015. Mission: Success! Being passionate about protecting games for almost 11 years, we are looking forward to assisting game developers in their fight against selfish cheaters for many decades to come.

I've never played DayZ, so I can't confirm nor deny, but I play H1Z1 with friends (battleye) and I've yet to encounter anyone I got the feeling was cheating and definitely yet to encounter anyone that straight up was spinbotting or speedhacking etc. 

Anyway, yes bring it on ... Tiggs, please contact BE and see if they're lenient on the price for a small-time game? (if you haven't already).

Next step, deal with selfish de-threat scumbags running away the few new players daring to venture the streets of San Paro. :)
They're imo almost as detrimental as the cheaters. (and don't get me started on your interfaces and new player tutorials lol, obviously they've been needing a re-haul since the years n years back when you announced the elusive engine upgrade) :(

Edited by Tigrix, 01 March 2017 - 01:43 AM.

https://www.youtube....h?v=STpXy7gXzC4

Being online doesn't mean you're suddenly not responsible for who you are. Embarrassing, threatening, harassing, attacking and insulting - based on gender, race, nationality or simple difference of opinion? ...This shows who you are as a person, sitting behind the monitor. You think nobody will care? Think again.

The age of Cancer is over. The dawn of Justice has come.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

best anticheat = put 1 dollar price for account.

Sl33pwolking

Sl33pwolking

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Joined 04-July 15

You'll excuse me, I have seen only 1 case of the ban on anti-cheat.
but the people driving on the walls of every day (in the Stream)
oops, let's recall the ARMA 2*.

whatever players are faring? They drowned in the cheaters.
I think better than FairFight not find anything. or to use them in the same complex
Spoiler

Edited by Sl33pwolking, 01 March 2017 - 10:14 AM.

Crim:Sakurada(Cheatadel)    |Enf:Sakuraya(Nekrova)

Enf:Unfortune(Cheatadel)      |Crim:CherryTime(Nekrova)

FreeSnubnose

FreeSnubnose

Initiate

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Joined 14-March 17

I don't think gamerfirst have the money to pay for both anti cheat running.

Fairfight now probably works like 40% of the time due to cutting the cost, which still not enough to ban even the most blatant cheater out there. 

GM's are now manual banning under Fairfight because they know Fairfight alone can't capture all the cheaters. Sadly a few legitimate players are mix into these bans also.

this.

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18360 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

what makes you think battle eye will stay as secure as it is? wait some time and when it spreads, it's wirth it to the professional cheaters to develop a cheat to be sold to the masses.

Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users