Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16
A question to the community.

If you had to change the anti-cheat of APB, would you change it to Battleye or keep FairFight as it is?

You're only allowed to pick one, not both.

Edited by Enjia, 21 February 2017 - 02:23 PM.

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9791 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

i'd change it to skynet, since no goddamn anti-cheat is enough for this community

granted tho that the current one isn't perfect, but w/e

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

striker891

striker891

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Joined 16-July 13

FairFight is Serverside and BattleEye is Clientside.

Therefore those two arent interfering with each other and could run besides each other, like it's the case in Rainbow Six Siege.

It seems like that BattleEye is also one of the best client Side anticheats out there. Since Rainbow Six Siege switched to BattleEye I haven't faced a cheater.

Edited by striker891, 21 February 2017 - 10:41 AM.

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

Therefore those two arent interfering with each other and could run besides each other, like it's the case in Rainbow Six Siege.

It seems like that BattleEye is also one of the best client Side anticheats out there. Since Rainbow Six Siege switched to BattleEye I haven't faced a cheater.

Well let's say that G1 is only allowed to pick one anti-cheat. Either FF or BE, I'm guessing your side is on BE :P

Fasalina

Fasalina

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Joined 20-February 15
Both but if just one BE.

Citadel

Fasalina 255 Enforcer | Ysana 255 Criminal

policepatrol

policepatrol

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Joined 19-July 14
I already suggested...

MrChan

MrChan

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1674 posts
  • Joined 24-April 11

Great. Use both pls.

Citadel - MrChan - Criminal - Clanless

Citadel - Skrallis  - Enforcer - Clanless

JiMMY13

JiMMY13

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Joined 15-January 14

Great. Use both pls.

post-39688-show-me-the-money-gif-Imgur-J

The thought of cheaters not even getting past the login screen with their hack is a fantastic thought and if FairFight was to be sacrificed, the downside would be cheaters can run rampant in between updates, but then ideally get perm-banned on login when it gets done.

Edited by JiMMY13, 21 February 2017 - 11:20 AM.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7205 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

If you had to change the anti-cheat of APB, would you change it to Battleye or keep FairFight as it is?

Discuss.

You just asked what we would change the anti-cheat to if we HAD to change the anti-cheat, and gave us one option besides the anti-cheat we currently have, so you essentially just asked us a question with one answer. . .

. . . So it comes to follow that my answer is BattlEye.

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

????

????

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Joined 20-December 16

I don't think gamerfirst have the money to pay for both anti cheat running.

Fairfight now probably works like 40% of the time due to cutting the cost, which still not enough to ban even the most blatant cheater out there. 

GM's are now manual banning under Fairfight because they know Fairfight alone can't capture all the cheaters. Sadly a few legitimate players are mix into these bans also.

Edited by ????, 21 February 2017 - 01:11 PM.

notMateo

notMateo

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1597 posts
  • Joined 15-January 14

i'd change it to skynet, since no goddamn anti-cheat is enough for this community

granted tho that the current one isn't perfect, but w/e

/thread

close thread request

[ IGN:  bruhTeo ] - [ Jericho NA / Jolby ]

You catch more bees with honey than vinegar: http://puu.sh/lq8t2/d2d5547e21.jpg

My 'Name and Praise' thread! Please contribute to it!

Vanille

Vanille

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4113 posts
  • Joined 10-October 12

who won?! who's ne..

oh woops

Lucidy

Lucidy

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Joined 09-June 15

Battleye best anti-cheat ever created.

Them both together would mean a great deal for the game but I'm not sure if BE is a good investment, since it is most likely not an inexpensive anti-cheat at all...

I always remembered playing Arma and scripters and cheaters would get instant battleye kicked and banned whenever it detected unknown scripts. 

Good times.

4fb658e295.jpg

Jericho | Lucidy - Neuronecia |

FreeHenryman90

FreeHenryman90

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 27-December 16

I lost my faith in FF. BE sounds pretty good and its client sided, like a proper anticheat needs to be.

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1449 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

It doesn't matter what anti-cheat Reloaded decide on. APB is free-to-play and Reloaded will still be the ones controlling it. This isn't a mock to Reloaded, they simply don't have the resources to fine tune an anti-cheat application.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 1080
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

-snip-

Isn't FairFight still automatic? They would say something about automatic being deficient and reverting it back to manual.

Battleye best anti-cheat ever created.

Them both together would mean a great deal for the game but I'm not sure if BE is a good investment, since it is most likely not an inexpensive anti-cheat at all...

I'm taking a guess that FairFight is cheaper than Battleye, despite that both companies won't give out pricing details to the public.

I do agree that BE sounds a lot more effective, judging by the fact that it's being used in games with high population. Also the thing is if you ever get false punished by BE, I believer you would have to take your case up to BE support rather than G1's support.

TheJellyGoo

TheJellyGoo

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2917 posts
  • Joined 02-August 11

Isn't FairFight still automatic? They would say something about automatic being deficient and reverting it back to manual.

[...]

With the way it went my theory is that FF didn't run automated for longer than a week. 

Pretty much everything points at that. gl expecting G1 to communicate that out of their own volition.

R.I.P. 14.10.2015 The Death of the 'God of Death'. G1, you destroyed it's Soul!

Citadel: Nanmin >< | Shinto ><

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

With the way it went my theory is that FF didn't run automated for longer than a week. 

Pretty much everything points at that. gl expecting G1 to communicate that out of their own volition.

I mean if it did go manual after a week, there wouldn't be the false Christmas event that occurred.

But yeah, we really don't know until G1 tells us.

MrKindlyCat

MrKindlyCat

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Joined 31-August 13

I hope G1 will think about BE in APB and let us know about the final decision

Edited by MrKindlyCat, 21 February 2017 - 04:52 PM.

Abysymal

Abysymal

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3845 posts
  • Joined 07-August 11

What was it that Innova used? ICE or something, if I remember right... That's what APB needs. But because it seems to be a bit restrictive on what you can have running in the background, some people would bitch that it gets in their way. Mostly closet hackers who claim they use some "music" program that ICE doesn't have white-listed.

(Going 100% from memory here. I believe ICE was its name, and that it had a white-list of programs that were allowed to run while APB Innova was running, or it'd kick you. Common programs, such as OBS, were white-listed so that wouldn't be a problem.)

Admittedly, I didn't play a lot of Innova, probably around 50 hours or so, but during that time I never ran into a single cheater. I never met anyone (who spoke English) who had ran into a cheater either. Of course, that's just my experience.

Mad? No... I'm the only sane one left!

I play Dota and Dark Souls these days... APB is a "Watch to see if it turns into anything decent" game now.

Enjia

Enjia

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Joined 18-November 16

-snip-

I actually think it was called "Frost" but I could be wrong.

The problem with that program is it's actually illegal to use in the United States, from what I've heard. It's extremely invasive when it scans your system, but applying with that, it's probably super effective.

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1449 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

I actually think it was called "Frost" but I could be wrong.

The problem with that program is it's actually illegal to use in the United States, from what I've heard. It's extremely invasive when it scans your system, but applying with that, it's probably super effective.

Yup it's called Frost.

It's too invasive. It won't even let you run the game with windows in test mode. I couldn't use my old mouse or have my controller setup for other games if I wanted to play APB. It's also just as useless as PB since it's client sided.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 1080
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Hypothesis

Hypothesis

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 09-July 16

You're only allowed to pick one, not both.

battle eye 

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15209 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Battleye does a great job in the games I play that have it, so battleye it is.

38ceX7a.png

UubeNubeh DaWog

UubeNubeh DaWog

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • Joined 19-August 12

Client side programs always have the issue that they are far easier to bypass/trick than a server sided one.

BE dealing with false bans is the same way PB dealt with theirs.

Having an anti cheat that will catch people eventually as opposed to never is a pretty easy choice.

You always have to remember, regardless of the anti cheat there are going to be people who will try to undermine what it does.

The more invasive the better but with information security laws the risk is too high for people to use such programs responsibly.

As for people who liked Frost, there were still a number of times blatent cheaters would stream on innova. No idea why people still say the game was 100% clean with a PB wannabe.

I'm actually done with this mess. Just make me a forum mod so we can have SOMEONE with some competence around here.

im only good at ERPvP

im only good at ERPvP

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3601 posts
  • Joined 30-January 12

Fairfight paired with battleye would be amazing.

03c86027a4.png
Just some dumb silver
Spoiler

VROCK

VROCK

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Joined 14-February 13
I hope FF will be removed as well as PB was. We need a real anticheat, not a fail system banning everyone instead of real cheaters.

UubeNubeh DaWog

UubeNubeh DaWog

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • Joined 19-August 12

I hope FF will be removed as well as PB was. We need a real anticheat, not a fail system banning everyone instead of real cheaters.

So every ban Above rank 9 is false?

I'm actually done with this mess. Just make me a forum mod so we can have SOMEONE with some competence around here.

JungleFlaco

JungleFlaco

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Joined 20-March 13

A bit Off-Topic, but:

Eventually, they will silently integrate a new anti-cheat system, just like happened with FairFight, and a big part of those imbeciles will get straight into the pit again, having wasted money and a lot of time they could have invested on actually understanding the game..

After all, i guess it's not their fault tho.. Since they are unable to properly use a mouse and a keyboard.

Edited by JungleFlaco, 22 February 2017 - 04:23 AM.

9BXQnYH.jpg
NINJA TECH

❤BR)))❤

❤BR)))❤

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1720 posts
  • Joined 04-August 13
punkbuster + frost pls

t r a   n s i   l v a   n i  a  n c   u n t   h u n   g e r

Spore

Spore

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts
  • Joined 06-March 11

EasyAnticheat + FF + Punkbuster + battleye

CBT - Colby: Vulc (r255 Crim) PwnCakes (Crim) razrwire (r255 Enforcer) XeroSkill (Enforcer) Joker: Modulated (Enforcer)

2015_10_09-01_29_24-f0.png - 2015_10_10-05_35_02-f0.png

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6976 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10
Didn't a couple cheat services get halted from working for a bit of time not too long ago? So that's proof that Fair Fight isn't only server-sided right ?

or no

Loom

Loom

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Joined 27-February 12

Didn't a couple cheat services get halted from working for a bit of time not too long ago? So that's proof that Fair Fight isn't only server-sided right ?

or no

more likely that the interface the cheat used got patched

is this how you forum ?

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1449 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

or no

The memory addresses get rearranged each patch. I'm not sure if the hardware based speed hack was fixed, but I'm not about to test that even though I should be allowed to on the test servers, since they are for finding bugs and stuff.

drtitanium

drtitanium

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Joined 25-February 15

I choose the two working together. But it will not be possible, because g1 seems to have taken a policy of allowing up to a certain "level of hacking" to increase the population.

Poperon

Poperon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1438 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

It's better to use both. Imagine, the disgrace it would bring to APB if G1 decides to abandon FairFight like they did to Punkbuster

Hundreds of thousands threads about "Hey, i was wrongfully banned, pls gooby g1, unban me"

So yeah, both would be nice. Server and Client side. Not that it couldn't be bypassed by the lowlife scum, but it would be a harder/longer task.

Spoiler

Edited by Poperon, 23 February 2017 - 09:40 AM.

★★★★★ Proud Enforcer Brazilian Player ★★★★★

oq4j0eq.png

Brasileiros: Tutorial sobre como migrar sua Conta Hoplon!

afk

afk

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4188 posts
  • Joined 14-February 14

I'd change the anti-cheat to actual GMs that play the game and ban the hackers.

There is nothing more frightening than a man who has nothing to lose.

Kutri

Kutri

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Joined 31-December 14

Battleye for sure would be the way to go, but as far as i remember Tiggs said somewhere that she wasnt impressed of Battleyes features or something like that, so i guess all we can do is to dream about good stuff )) FF is fine, just give it some time xddd

Gneffer

Gneffer

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Joined 30-April 15

All the anti-cheats out there, all of them, because APB is cursed, nothing can stop rerolling cheetah's.

I don't know how to forum                        icon_shotgun_csg_gold.pngicon_pistol_act44_gm_gold.pngcriminal_gold_200.png   icon_sniperrifle_hvr243_gold.png75ez1Gw.png                                   Obeya | Gneffer996ad6a2ebf1.png

FreeHenryman90

FreeHenryman90

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Joined 27-December 16

All the anti-cheats out there, all of them, because APB is cursed, nothing can stop rerolling cheetah's.

Credit card verification for new accounts or something similar? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users