Infinito

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1111 posts
  • Joined 23-February 12

Updated in last post || 20-3-2017

Like the title said: "When can we expect more news?"

I basically stopped playing apb a few months ago but am still reading the forums on a daily base. Checking the admin tracker every day hoping for a post with any news.

Is it that difficult to see the community is waiting for any kind of news rather than just posts about how there is no news? 
If there is no news, it would probably be a good idea to create news. More and more players are quitting the game, and I can imagine this will also affect Gamersfirst financially. 

- How about the PS4 screenshots / videos? It was said to be requested but after 3 weeks still no update on it.

It was said the PS4 release was expected last month. Most of us probably realise there are issues keeping it from being released, but why not keep the waiting community up-to date? Let us know some of the issues, the bumps in the road keeping us from playing the new engine. 

I'm not trying to create a new "Bash the company!" kind of topic. No intentions are in creating a topic full of negativity. I'm mostly in for a new positive approach regarding communication. Learnt from the past, it's not something we can demand, just hope for.

Edited by Infinito, 19 March 2017 - 11:49 PM.

DwGBVYM.jpg

❌❌❌

❌❌❌

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1598 posts
  • Joined 28-September 16
New blog post on the 30th of Neveruary

_|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|_|    _|   _|_|    _|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|          _|       _|  _|  _|   _|  _|  _|       _|        _|        _|  
 _|     _|     _|  _|     _|    _|_|   _|    _|_|     _|  _|     _|      _|  
 _|_|_|     _|      _|   _|       _|   _|       _|   _|      _|   _|_|_|    

HomoSuperior

HomoSuperior

Elite

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1906 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

But what news? EU was released in 2014 together with Overkill on Obeya

Infinito

Infinito

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1111 posts
  • Joined 23-February 12

New blog post on the 30th of Neveruary

But what news? EU was released in 2014 together with Overkill on Obeya

Thanks. This kind of feedback is exactly the proof that communication lacks.
I'm not saying it's the worst, but it's simply not enough.

Since Tiggs became Community manager, the communication has definitely gone up. Definitely if you realise that it was almost a whole year of nothing.
However, it's just not good enough to keep this game alive. Repeating the same thing over and over that there is nothing new, keeps feeling like a bigger punch in the face every time we get it. Or for those who simply don't care anymore it's most likely even a funny joke.

Edited by Infinito, 20 February 2017 - 09:39 AM.

DwGBVYM.jpg

KNickz

KNickz

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3270 posts
  • Joined 10-February 14

was there any in the first place

Its funny too because they've never quite replaced me. They just keep recycling my work 8)

APB Reloaded, the only game where the US is better than EU at being criminals.

WizYuan

WizYuan

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Joined 10-October 11

you'll get new news about the joker boxes in a week

Check out my music studio mixtape; its fire fam
http://www.youtube.com/wizyuan

Resine

Resine

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2962 posts
  • Joined 09-April 13

there are issues keeping it from being released

Issues, huh? I am not sure if trying to push a product that does not qualify as a playable through all of Ps4's certifications is a valid word. Mistake, perhaps might be more appropriate.

Ether

Progeekzy

Progeekzy

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2173 posts
  • Joined 14-October 13

You expect to much from them. We beg for communication, they meet the demand with silence. 
Thats the way its been, after promising we will have so much communication we will be sick of it. 

Drink up. Shoot in. Let the beatings begin. Distributor of pain. Your loss becomes my gain. Anger. Misery. You’ll suffer unto me. Harvester of sorrow. Language of the mad. Harvester of sorrow. All have said their prayers. Invade their nightmares.
To see into my eyes. You’ll find where murder lies.

e963b_metallica_loo.png

JaiX

JaiX

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Joined 26-September 12
Welcome to 2017. Yes 2017...still no news....wait few more years... maybe 5 years...it's 2022....any more news?...wait few more years...mommy how long have I been waiting?

Obeya EU Server ----------- Crim: JaiX R255  ------------ Cop: RaraX R230  -----------------

GamersRevolution - twitch_zpsa70295f3.jpg youtube_zpsef75e44e.jpg

Change Joker Mystery Boxes to include Joker Tickets (Click Here if you want to see change)

Eixo

Eixo

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Joined 30-June 15
We will get news when they will be cosing Apb

Garbo

Garbo

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Joined 30-January 17
Im just glad we hard how last Monday's meeting went. At least Tiggs didnt let us down there.

Gneffer

Gneffer

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Joined 30-April 15

Im just glad we hard how last Monday's meeting went. At least Tiggs didnt let us down there.

How did it go ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I don't know how to forum                        icon_shotgun_csg_gold.pngicon_pistol_act44_gm_gold.pngcriminal_gold_200.png   icon_sniperrifle_hvr243_gold.png75ez1Gw.png                                   Obeya | Gneffer996ad6a2ebf1.png

SanityFlex

SanityFlex

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Joined 20-January 12

Sincerely wish they would just give some sort of update, just to prove that something's happening.

Votekick System For APB          Add A Legendary Grenade          Mod ideas          Easy VIP Mission Fix          Add Forfeit System

underused

underused

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Joined 21-December 15

Tiggs? Letting us down? good one

Scavenger*from*Joker

Scavenger*from*Joker

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1775 posts
  • Joined 18-January 14

We will get news when they will be cosing Apb

If they even tell us

tApJpyS.pngw a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
Scavenger | HIVE | Jericho

Progeekzy

Progeekzy

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2173 posts
  • Joined 14-October 13

At this point im actually amazed this game has any player base. Why keep supporting a company that has no issues with treating its players like crap? They obviously dont care about us, otherwise they would talk to us. 

Drink up. Shoot in. Let the beatings begin. Distributor of pain. Your loss becomes my gain. Anger. Misery. You’ll suffer unto me. Harvester of sorrow. Language of the mad. Harvester of sorrow. All have said their prayers. Invade their nightmares.

e963b_metallica_loo.png

digitaldeath

digitaldeath

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Joined 11-February 17
I agree.

fang

fang

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2015 posts
  • Joined 03-July 12

no news but don't panic, there will be a paypal rebate promotion or double jmbs coming up again soon I'm sure

Glubbable

Glubbable

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Joined 05-March 14

Tiggs said about a week ago that they were going to be discussing the release date on PS4 with Sony. Wonder what happened to that.

Progeekzy

Progeekzy

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2173 posts
  • Joined 14-October 13

They never keep there promises and they always keep us in the dark. 

e963b_metallica_loo.png

mynd

mynd

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4279 posts
  • Joined 26-January 12

There's no news because there is no news.  The fvcked up big time committing to the console releases and have dug their graves.  IF the PS4 release ever happens, it will probably be the last release period.  Too many mistakes were made, too much time has passed, there simply is nothing to tell until the doors close for good.

Yukate

Yukate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1172 posts
  • Joined 20-June 13

you'll get new news about the joker boxes in a week

Well, I'd like to see new JMB. There's nothing I'd like to play with of current legendary weapons we have. Maybe except Dow, OCSP and BM.

BPaUWGC.png
Citadel EU | Obeya EU1 - 
VarmieN [Crime] | Yukate [Enfo]

Helping newbies... Some1 need :> kappa

HomoSuperior

HomoSuperior

Elite

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1906 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

Tiggs said about a week ago that they were going to be discussing the release date on PS4 with Sony. Wonder what happened to that.

She didn't say it was a meeting with Sony. Could be as well some skype call with leftovers of dev team to discus if they will be ready in one year or 10.

Vir Tristis

Vir Tristis

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1361 posts
  • Joined 23-April 14
I've got news: words.

News means zip.
Let's see Results.

3753642644_5e3f6c9524_o.jpg

xertioN

xertioN

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Joined 15-July 15

they are a "greedy" company don't forget that

AMG, 3K

Obvious Lesbian

Obvious Lesbian

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4065 posts
  • Joined 28-July 14

whats a ps4

qBJ6qeZ.png?1

Emotional - Burvington

JudgeAnderson

JudgeAnderson

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Joined 01-November 11
Now! Wait ... Now! Hangon. ... Now! No? What about Now!!?? ... ah dammit

SanityFlex

SanityFlex

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Joined 20-January 12

Let's see if we can get Tiggs to say "Hello" again, and then nothing else.

Votekick System For APB          Add A Legendary Grenade          Mod ideas          Easy VIP Mission Fix          Add Forfeit System

HomoSuperior

HomoSuperior

Elite

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1906 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

and what if they are silent for all those years just to build the...hype you know?

Abysymal

Abysymal

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3845 posts
  • Joined 07-August 11

Soom™

Mad? No... I'm the only sane one left!

I play Dota and Dark Souls these days... APB is a "Watch to see if it turns into anything decent" game now.

Infinito

Infinito

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1111 posts
  • Joined 23-February 12

and what if they are silent for all those years just to build the...hype you know?

Only difference is, a company like Valve has the money to maintain a dead game for years. Unlike g1.

Edited by Infinito, 20 February 2017 - 11:00 PM.

DwGBVYM.jpg

HomoSuperior

HomoSuperior

Elite

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1906 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

Only difference is, a company like Valve has the money to maintain a dead game for years. Unlike g1.

I agree and looking at G1's portfolio I wonder how can they pay their bills now.

Denkxz

Denkxz

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 31-August 14

Without communication, a game will die ...

Edited by Denkxz, 21 February 2017 - 12:01 AM.

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

Without communication, a game will die ...

Not really. The game will die without players (questionable in this case) and financial backup.
You can still run business without uttering a word to your customers, some may buy your products regardless, but it hurts the public image.
Which is something G1 could not care less in this point.

yv7Wtyf.jpg

Dennis Tahdella  Bridgette  Word2  Jenz Kempington  Tamara Gryazneva

[ APB The Movie: the cast suggestions ] [ Strange requests and 8bit sprites ]

Talla

Talla

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1972 posts
  • Joined 29-August 13

I agree and looking at G1's portfolio I wonder how can they pay their bills now.

In fact the company even uses other non-APB sources of revenues to subsidize part of the APB team, and for as long as we have run the game, the company (what you refer to as Reloaded, GamersFirst etc. which is really the same thing) has never once taken out a penny in profits from APB. Every penny spent by players goes back into continuing the development, with the plan that one day in the future “All Points Bulletin” and all its successor games will be large meaningful franchises, where players can move freely between different game versions.

I'd speculate Bjorn used Reloaded Technologies profits to sustain the new engine development.
What I wonder is how good that partnership with Deep Silver ended up.
Seems like The Workshop Entertainment couldn't quite figure out the APB beast & Reloaded ended up shouldering most of the port.

But financially, how much did they contribute?

We should have a talk about the F2P model & Armas soon.

Pretty sure the Console ports won't pay up as much as expected, and the PC playerbase will remain the major source of revenue.
Have you ever seen wealthy & engaged Console players? Sure, you'd think porting to console will reach a broader market, but the reality is that most of the target audience is underaged. Example

So yeah, we need to have some communication on it Soon, because I'm pretty sure Reloaded doesn't realize how much more money they could make with minor additions & adjusments to Armas, without creating new content. (Plot Twist: Pay2Win guns and Gambling JMBs aren't part of the strategy)

Edited by Talla, 21 February 2017 - 12:38 AM.

SanityFlex

SanityFlex

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Joined 20-January 12

We should have a talk about the F2P model & Armas soon.

Pretty sure the Console ports won't pay up as much as expected, and the PC playerbase will remain the major source of revenue.
Have you ever seen wealthy & engaged Console players? Sure, you'd think porting to console will reach a broader market, but the fact is that most of the target audience is underaged. Example

So yeah, we need to have some communication on it Soon, because I'm pretty sure Reloaded doesn't realize how much more money they could make with minor additions & adjusments to Armas, without creating new content. (Plot Twist: Pay2Win guns and Gambling JMBs aren't part of a the strategy)

Yeah i never quite understood the decision to move the game to consoles, i'm pretty sure that PC has always been the most lucrative home for Free 2 plays.

And i imagine that having to develop all future updates for consoles aswell now, will just make the development cycle even slower.

I guess that lifeline of money forced them to do it, but i just don't get who in their right mind would think it was a good move.

Mr Derp

Mr Derp

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Joined 14-November 12

Soom™

bfdf26d5cc6f9584a4faa7d1021d6c1cec66c586

vfj2ybZ.png

SanityFlex

SanityFlex

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Joined 20-January 12

Tiggs:

giphy.gif

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4491 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

DayAfter-b.jpg

<3

Edited by Word2, 21 February 2017 - 05:24 AM.

yv7Wtyf.jpg

Dennis Tahdella  Bridgette  Word2  Jenz Kempington  Tamara Gryazneva

[ APB The Movie: the cast suggestions ] [ Strange requests and 8bit sprites ]

Sleepykat

Sleepykat

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 17-July 13
At what point can we realistically say, "They could have just started from scratch and made an entirely new version or sequel by now."?

I really feel like if they had decided to do that a long time ago, we'd be further along than we are now? Maybe they don't even have the manpower to do such a thing - I don't know much about their company and what they're able to do over there.

Or is that what the new engine is? Did they scrap everything for this or continue to try and rework the old code? I don't know much about coding or the details of what they're doing. Not even entirely sure what an engine is, lol.

Edited by Sleepykat, 21 February 2017 - 07:56 AM.

SLEEPYKAT - ENFORCER - JOKER SERVER - BALLISTIC CLAN  //  FULLMETALKITTEH - CRIM - JOKER SERVER - ATTITUDE CLAN
♫ All the other kids with the pumped up kicks.  You better run, better run, outrun my gun.  All the other kids with the pumped up kicks.  You better run, better run, faster than my bullet. ♫

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users