13 replies to this topic

Akito

Akito

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Joined 17-April 16

So I recently just went with a dual rx 480s (Because 1070 is too mainstream and two cards look better than one :P)

and I kinda wanted to know if you guys have any tips on what to expect (bug wise since I heard APB doesnt really play well with SLI/XFire Set ups)

my set up right now works well with the games I play (Witcher 3, CS:GO, Etc) I just wanted to know if I'll be fine in APB even if I have multiple GPUs...

OR

I can just return the cards and grab a 1070...LOL (That Logic)

Aeronaut

Aeronaut

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5174 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11

why don't you try it and tell us how it goes?

Akito

Akito

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Joined 17-April 16

why don't you try it and tell us how it goes?

It went well I guess, 

but the true question is....Should I expect some "blue screens" like some people have said they have experienced? Is the game only utilizing One GPU? Should I worry if there is any glitches that might happen? (EX: the invisible characters glitch)

Sure it runs just fine now but idk about the long run. So I wanted to ask around. :D 

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9764 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

some games just don't dig SLI/crossfire that much.

and by that i mean that they have an core architecture that doesn't support SLI cards.

But for most of the cases, all recent modern games might just run it pretty well, plus this is sort of a viable gtx 1080 budget alternative as far as I've heard (though that burns out more power).

...now if you don't mind send me ur old gpu, kthx.. mine is broken

Edited by Bellenettiel, 18 February 2017 - 07:23 PM.

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

Abysymal

Abysymal

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3845 posts
  • Joined 07-August 11

but the true question is....Should I expect some "blue screens" like some people have said they have experienced? Is the game only utilizing One GPU? Should I worry if there is any glitches that might happen? (EX: the invisible characters glitch)

Blue screens, no idea.

Only one GPU being utilized? Well, a single RX 480 should run APB at more than 120fps. ("Should" being a key word, because APB is trash.). That said, you can download a program to monitor your GPU usage, such as MSI Afterburner, then see for yourself how much of your GPU is being used.

If I remember right, I had a 7870 that APB would only use about 70% of. Meaning even that old card wasn't being stressed to run APB at max.

Invisible characters are definitely a thing with Nvidia cards. Not sure about AMD.

You may also run into extremely glowy characters. Or more specifically, a single piece of their outfit.

Mad? No... I'm the only sane one left!

I play Dota and Dark Souls these days... APB is a "Watch to see if it turns into anything decent" game now.

Eixo

Eixo

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Joined 30-June 15

It went well I guess,

Sure it runs just fine now but idk about the long run. So I wanted to ask around. :D

No blue screens, i already play apb with 2 GTXs 970 but it has no impact on fps .. if you wanna more fps defintly OC CPU or get some with high frequency... gpu will only decrease fps drops during explosion and smoke, gun particles :) everything else in apb is mainly CPU based.. :) you wont benefit from 2 cards in apb while playing 1080p resolution, but with 2x 480 you can easily play apb at 4K 60fps stable easily

Eixo

Eixo

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Joined 30-June 15

Blue screens, no idea.

Only one GPU being utilized? Well, a single RX 480 should run APB at more than 120fps. ("Should" being a key word, because APB is trash.). That said, you can download a program to monitor your GPU usage, such as MSI Afterburner, then see for yourself how much of your GPU is being used.
If I remember right, I had a 7870 that APB would only use about 70% of. Meaning even that old card wasn't being stressed to run APB at max.

Invisible characters are definitely a thing with Nvidia cards. Not sure about AMD.

You may also run into extremely glowy characters. Or more specifically, a single piece of their outfit.

Apb is 80% cpu intensive
I play at around 113 fps at max. Settings AF, AA off
System:
I5 4690 (4,3ghz OC, 1,200v) around 80% usage
2x gtx 970 around 30% usage on single card
16 gb ram 2666mhz
Game is on SSD which helps a lot to load district after joining and eliminates then random spikes and freezes
Psu: 650w and yes its enough for double gtx 970 + OC on CPU
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 103
Temp while stresstest: after 4 hours 65°
Temp while apb: up to 45°

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

SLI on 2x980tis work fine for me.

Crossfire on 2x6870s would work but I'd get some annoying shiny lines around people and a few other annoyances sometimes.

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7266 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

APB used to not like SLI/Crossfire configs but they've mostly fixed that.  However AMD units just don't seem to work entirely well with some games.

Think most you get is just some visual artifacts.  Dunno if the Crysis trick works for AMD cards.

FVjIqxO.pngCAZ550X.png?1
 [<GM>HEXodus] Whisper: Help, I've fallen and i cant get up!

Akito

Akito

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Joined 17-April 16

Thanks Everyone :D I just needed some info on this since I havent really had a set-up that had two GPUs...

Word2

Word2

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4400 posts
  • Joined 22-November 13

So I recently just went with a dual rx 480s (Because 1070 is too mainstream and two cards look better than one :P)

That's exactly what I thought, though in the end I went with a single GTX 1070 over the red SLI option.

Imo it's more effective to have one beafy card powerful enough instead of two that even may cause issues in some games (Crysis 3 is known for having artefacts here and there, maybe that's what Skitty meant).

But wasn't SLI considered for high end videocards and not budget setups? At least back in 2007...

yv7Wtyf.jpg

Dennis Tahdella  Bridgette  Word2  Jenz Kempington  Tamara Gryazneva

[ APB The Movie: the cast suggestions ] [ Strange requests and 8bit sprites ]

Subroza

Subroza

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Joined 28-January 11

1 card is always better than 2.

B69CMir.jpg

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

1 card is always better than 2.

Not if you already have the best possible current card and want even more. Especially for higher resolutions and stable FPS in games that support SLI.

Akito

Akito

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Joined 17-April 16

Not if you already have the best possible current card and want even more. Especially for higher resolutions and stable FPS in games that support SLI.

U mean like in doom where you need like 2x1080s to run in 4K 60FPS stable? 

Makes sense :3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users