aedn

aedn

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11

Summary: game crashes to desktop mid-mission

Description:  crash caused by killing somebody. it can sometimes be instant and can take up to 10 seconds afterwards to crash.

Steps to Reproduce: 

1. do kill
2. wait 1-10 seconds

3. CTD

How many times have you recreated this bug: as many times as my client has been closed in the past few weeks, as it's 95% of the time been from crashes. killing somebody is what is causing it, but it doesn't happen every time, maybe 1/15 times. i don't have the time to constantly restart the game to test this and get an actual figure.

Results: crash to desktop, error report pop up with the "general protection fault" bollocks.

Expected Results: kill somebody and still be able to play??

this has been happening ever since the 25/01 patch, i'm fairly certain. running the game in compatibility mode set to windows7 or 8 works as a work-around for some people, but there are severe performance issues when doing so.

EDIT: turns out it does occur in fight club. sick.

EDIT 2: I've edited the post with corrections from other peoples' experiences and my own.

Edited by aedn, 15 March 2017 - 08:17 AM.

tApJpyS.png

Company Officer | w a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
Aidaan - Enforcer 255 | Aedn - Criminal 255 | Aedun - Enforcer 255 | Citadel EU | aedn - Enforcer 64 |
Jericho NA

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4538 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

I have had this lately as well and found a reason for it as I do not play via steam I use the non-steam client and do not even have steam installed on system but whenever I hit alt+tab or alt+enter or change screen resolution , accidentally when checking scoreboard+push to talk it would crash or kick me to log-in screen due to it could not authinicate my steam log-in nor log-in via steam tho is non-steam client(confusing)

Wonder if you use non-steam version as well more than one monitor as mouse accidentally clicking other screen would = same thing from experience

Error from log below

Spoiler

Edited by SixxstagesofMajik, 16 February 2017 - 02:09 PM.

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

underused

underused

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Joined 21-December 15

New anti snap system :`)

aedn

aedn

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11

This happens with both steam and non-steam installs of the game.

New anti snap system :`)

rip

Edited by aedn, 17 February 2017 - 04:30 AM.

tApJpyS.png

Company Officer | w a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
Aidaan - Enforcer 255 | Aedn - Criminal 255 | Aedun - Enforcer 255 | Citadel EU | aedn - Enforcer 64 |
Jericho NA

rooq

rooq

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 21-July 14

Same issue. Ever since the patch that broke Regoated hit, I haven't been able to play the game for longer than 15 minutes.

At one point or another when I kill someone and rotate the camera something like 90 degrees, my game instantly crashes with a "General protection fault!"

I have reinstalled the game completely, even reinstalled every supporting redistribuable that it ships with.

I have tried various versions of Nvidia PhysX as I thought that might be the problem. Didn't help.

Even vanilla APB (no advanced launcher) is crashing. The game is currently unplayable for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit:

Standing around in social for 8 hours straight yielded no crash. Game runs flawlessly.

Edit 2:

Running the game in compatibility mode for Windows 7/8 seems to make crashes happen less frequently, although it is very hard to reproduce consistently for testing.

Edited by rooq, 17 February 2017 - 04:21 PM.

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4538 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

So far seem to have situated what I was having issues with had to re-tweak some registry keys after a Win 10 update -.- 
Can give them a try n see if helps

Spoiler

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
Before ya judge think

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

So I was having these GPF crashes like once every game. Yes it was when I would get a kill and crash within a second afterwards. I do not think it has anything to do with turning afterwards though because some of them would crash even without a camera turn. Each time I would check the log file and it was usually an issue with unable to grab a ragdoll bone to velocity hit off. Though probably just happened to be the last thing it tried to do before something else jumped in. (Such as one was it was unable to assign a proper hair model and another being an audio sound.)

I managed to stop it though. Just reinstalled the game, validated files through steam, and repaired through launcher. Haven't gotten a crash in the past 2ish weeks.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit, 18 February 2017 - 12:22 AM.

rooq

rooq

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 21-July 14

So I was having these GPF crashes like once every game. Yes it was when I would get a kill and crash within a second afterwards. I do not think it has anything to do with turning afterwards though because some of them would crash even without a camera turn. Each time I would check the log file and it was usually an issue with unable to grab a ragdoll bone to velocity hit off. Though probably just happened to be the last thing it tried to do before something else jumped in. (Such as one was it was unable to assign a proper hair model and another being an audio sound.)

I managed to stop it though. Just reinstalled the game, validated files through steam, and repaired through launcher. Haven't gotten a crash in the past 2ish weeks.

I tried all of those things, and I am still getting these issues :(

rooq

rooq

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 21-July 14

So far seem to have situated what I was having issues with had to re-tweak some registry keys after a Win 10 update -.- 
Can give them a try n see if help

I did the registry edits, I'll check if this works tonight.

Edit:

No such luck. Removing all ragdolls through config edits does not yield any results either.

Issue still standing, crashing frequently unless I'm running in compatability mode for Windows 8 - with the result of having incredibly garbage FPS.

Waiting until the engine upgrade I suppose. RIP.

Edited by rooq, 18 February 2017 - 01:04 PM.

Visionaireh

Visionaireh

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Joined 16-January 15
Same crash here. I have been getting GPF crash since the Anarchy patch. Tried reinstalling APB 7 times, reinstalling nvidia, validate apb files through steam, downloading apb using g1 launcher and I even went that far to format my whole pc!
No luck, still crashing. Used to happen every hour of gameplay and now it only occurs each and every 5 hours or so.
I just hope it will get fixed once the Valentine patch is gone.

Weajh // Enforcer // WASP // Citadel // R255

Nouveh // Criminal // Citadel // R255

Naugladur // Criminal // Citadel // R110

rooq

rooq

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 21-July 14

Same crash here. I have been getting GPF crash since the Anarchy patch. Tried reinstalling APB 7 times, reinstalling nvidia, validate apb files through steam, downloading apb using g1 launcher and I even went that far to format my whole pc!
No luck, still crashing. Used to happen every hour of gameplay and now it only occurs each and every 5 hours or so.
I just hope it will get fixed once the Valentine patch is gone.

Try running the game in compatability mode for Windows 7 or Windows 8. It helps for the most part, but the game runs poorly.

Visionaireh

Visionaireh

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Joined 16-January 15

Try running the game in compatability mode for Windows 7 or Windows 8. It helps for the most part, but the game runs poorly.

To be honest with you, I would rather have my game crash every 4-5 hours than having the game run poorly.

rooq

rooq

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 21-July 14

To be honest with you, I would rather have my game crash every 4-5 hours than having the game run poorly.

How do I give you a "super like" ?

:(

It starts to become necessary when you can't play a full mission without crashing.

Edited by rooq, 19 February 2017 - 06:24 AM.

oqE

oqE

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Joined 12-January 13

Same issue. Ever since the patch that broke Regoated hit, I haven't been able to play the game for longer than 15 minutes.

At one point or another when I kill someone and rotate the camera something like 90 degrees, my game instantly crashes with a "General protection fault!"

I have reinstalled the game completely, even reinstalled every supporting redistribuable that it ships with.

I have tried various versions of Nvidia PhysX as I thought that might be the problem. Didn't help.

Even vanilla APB (no advanced launcher) is crashing. The game is currently unplayable for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit:

Standing around in social for 8 hours straight yielded no crash. Game runs flawlessly.

Edit 2:

Running the game in compatibility mode for Windows 7/8 seems to make crashes happen less frequently, although it is very hard to reproduce consistently for testing.

I'm pretty much on the same boat here, tried pretty much all this and still crashing with the 'General Protection Fault'

I did a log check and stumbled upon this line.

'(ChangedVehicleUseData - m_bGetInToVehicle True'

I've noticed whenever I kill someone and enter the car, my game decides to crash.

Try google this line btw, it shows another post similar to the error I see in my log.

Its weird because only certain people are getting the crash whereas other players seem to run the game fine.

Edited by oqE, 21 February 2017 - 08:32 AM.

This text is completely pointless, thanks for reading.

http://i.imgur.com/XI7ERjb.png?1

rooq

rooq

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 21-July 14

UPDATE: After patch http://forums.gamers...c/#entry4458059

Still not fixed. Issue is clearly not caused by any Valentines content.

Crashed in Waterfront district opposed to a group of 4.

A total of two kills (less than 5 minutes on the district):

First kill: No suddent aim adjustments, looked at the enemy pawn for a while before turning away.

Second kill: Immediately turned 180 degrees. Instantly crashed with a "General protection fault" error

13:49:42 - APB_StatWatch:    Spike Summary (Ticks): Day 0.576181
13:49:42 - MeshStreamingError: LOD finalize skip for mesh: GolemSkeletalMesh Transient.CharacterMesh_301 LOD Index: 0
13:49:42 - APB_Audio: Terminated audio NPC interface 1676804432 for vehicle 2391408640
13:49:42 - APB_Audio: Terminated audio NPC interface 1728429760 for vehicle 2024431616
13:49:42 - Log: Exception handler starts.
13:49:42 - Log: Main thread is suspended.
13:49:42 - Log: UE3 memory allocator is unlocked.
13:49:42 - Log: Memory freed for exception handler.
13:49:42 - Log: ErrorCode : 0x10A91710
13:49:42 - Log: Exception: Sending CrashReport callback event...
13:49:42 - Log: Client crash report
13:49:42 - Log: Map waterfrontdistrict_master
13:49:42 - Log: Pawn location 143436.0 154110.9 421.1
13:49:42 - Log: Exception: Calling HandleError()...
13:49:42 - Log: === Critical error: ===
General protection fault!

Edited by rooq, 22 February 2017 - 05:57 AM.

oqE

oqE

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Joined 12-January 13

UPDATE:

The crashing is still not fixed after I played aswell in Baylan for maybe a good two - three minutes.

15:13:31 - APB_StatWatch:    Spike Summary (RPC): Day 0.634387 InBytes 1574116  InPackets 5974  TOTAL 0
15:13:31 - APB_StatWatch:    Spike Summary (Ticks): Day 0.634387 
15:13:32 - APB_UI: TriggerGameplayPopupDialog( EquipsOrChangesWeapon )
15:13:32 - ScriptLog: (cHoldableItemManager_1) m_CurrentItem replicated cRaycastWeapon_0
15:13:33 - ScriptLog: (cAudioDisplayPoint_1) Display point volume modified
15:13:33 - APB_Audio: RegLog - cAudioProjectileImplementation - Unregister Game Object 1389857204
15:13:33 - ScriptLog: (cAPBPawn_53) cAPBPawn_53 cAPBPawn::ChangedDyingData!!!
15:13:33 - ScriptLog: (cAPBPawn_53) m_DyingData.eDyingState - eDS_OnFoot
15:13:33 - ScriptLog: (cAPBPawn_53) m_DyingData.bForceRagdoll - False
15:13:33 - ScriptLog: (cAPBPawn_53) m_DyingData.fImpulseScale - 0.0000
15:13:33 - ScriptLog: (cAPBPawn_53) m_DyingData.nExplosionType - 0
15:13:33 - ScriptLog: (cAPBPawn_53) m_DyingData.vExplosionLocation - 0.00,0.00,0.00
15:13:33 - ScriptLog: (cAPBPawn_53) m_DyingData.nControllerUID - 7785379
15:13:33 - ScriptLog: (cAPBPawn_53) bTearOff - True
15:13:33 - ScriptLog: (cAPBPawn_53) TearOffMomentum - 147.00,-386.00,-1852.00
15:13:33 - ScriptLog: (cAPBPawn_53) DamageType - DmgType_Fell
15:13:33 - ScriptLog: (cAPBPawn_53) m_fDespawnDelay - 5.0000
15:13:33 - ScriptLog: (cAPBPawn_53) m_fDespawnDelayMax - 30.0000
15:13:33 - ScriptLog: (cAPBPawn_53) BeginOnFootDeath - (WorldInfo.TimeSeconds - LastRenderTime) = 11.7891
15:13:33 - APB_Audio: RegLog - cAudioCharacterImplementation - Unregister game object 1389666148
15:13:33 - APB_IGABF: Request cVehicleRequest_23 switched to the mesh generation stage.
15:13:33 - Warning: GolemMeshBaker::AddMeshFragment, pSrcMesh is NULL, part: Door
15:13:33 - Warning: GolemMeshBaker::AddMeshFragment, pSrcMesh is NULL, part: Door
15:13:33 - APB_IGABF: Request cVehicleRequest_23 switched to the texture generation stage.
15:13:33 - Log: Exception handler starts.
15:13:33 - Log: Main thread is suspended.
15:13:33 - Log: UE3 memory allocator is unlocked.
15:13:33 - Log: Memory freed for exception handler.
15:13:33 - Log: ErrorCode : 0x10A91710
15:13:34 - Log: Executable not found!
15:13:34 - Log: RunAppProc failed!
15:13:34 - Log: ProcessMiniDump failed!
15:13:34 - Log: Search for callstack text.
15:13:34 - Log: Callstack text not found.
15:13:34 - Log: Get GPF description.
15:13:34 - Log: 
15:13:34 - Log: Exception: Sending CrashReport callback event...
15:13:34 - Log: Client crash report
15:13:34 - Log: Map pgcratedistrict_master
15:13:34 - Log: Pawn location 162279.8 91150.9 93.7
15:13:34 - Log: Exception: Calling HandleError()...
15:13:34 - Log: === Critical error: ===
General protection fault!

Pls fix the game :Anyone:

Edited by oqE, 22 February 2017 - 07:41 AM.

aedn

aedn

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11

as posted above, this is still a problem. 

tApJpyS.png

Jericho NA

rooq

rooq

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 21-July 14

I sent a ticket to support with some full logs and crash dumps. Maybe it'll help bring some attention to the issue, although I doubt anything will be done about it before the PS4 release has been reached.

In the meantime, some tips for those hit by this issue:

You can cut down the amount of crashes by setting your APB.exe executable to Windows 8 or Windows 7 compatability mode.

For some strange reason your framerate will tank completely and become super choppy if you alt tab / minimize, so make sure you never do that.

Speculation: Pretty sure the same thing happens when you change districts, so make sure you restart the game fully every time you wish to do so.

The game will still have the occasional crash and much poorer overall performance, but this allows you to still enjoy the wonders of San Paro to some degree.

Edited by rooq, 23 February 2017 - 01:46 PM.

oqE

oqE

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Joined 12-January 13

Few things I tried:

- Windows updates 

- Reinstalled APB to my SSD instead

- Restart PC

The crash still exists but it's not as bad as it used to be and the game seems to be somewhat playable. 

rooq

rooq

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Joined 21-July 14

Support replied to my ticket, so the issue "should" be known of.

aedn

aedn

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11

still a thing.

tApJpyS.png

Jericho NA

Visionaireh

Visionaireh

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Joined 16-January 15
Same here, still crashing.

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4538 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

Did seem to find a temp type fix that works for me so far tested on 2 diff desktops own

• one having Win 10 64x pro redstone 1 ,
  • the other(current using) Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15055(Redstone 2/Creator Update coming april-may)

non insider preview was more easier to config for temp fix due to the added "upgrades/bloatware" added to coming update to win 10 testing on other desktop

I would have it happen when in lower game resolutions( in game setting) when fullscreen after messing around for past week and half found out which was best 

1. Open Display settings 
  2. Make sure text size is at 100%(recommended value per GPU/Monitor) #1 in pic
  3. Click advanced display settings(#2 in above pic) 
  4. Have resolution of desktop set to recommended will say as so > pic  
  5. Open APB change in game resolution to full screen window/border less full screen window NOT WINDOW/FULLSCREEN(so will use recommended win 10 setting due to below)

After time n messing with things with graphics and visual in game and out this was simple fix no crashes/no kicks/no probs since playing full screen window for 4-5 days now can give it try and see if works for you as well or not did help 2 friends of mine that also had sim issues hope it helps !:)

"Another takeaway from this section is that most games need to be upgraded as they still run on lower resolutions while most of todays’ operating systems, like Windows 10, support much higher resolutions. That could be a reason why you cannot play games fullscreen in Windows 10."

Majikal PC Tweaks
Before ya judge think

aedn

aedn

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11

snip

you had the same crashes, right? After a random kill the game would crash? It just seems to me that this fix doesn't actually change anything, there's no logical reason for that to stop the game from crashing. Although, that being said, compatibility mode fixes it apparently :/

That quote you pulled up has been taken somewhat out of context I think. If playing in full screen was a problem as long as APB had been in development, then that might sense, but it's not backing anything up that you've said and I can name three people off the top of my head playing this game beyond 1080p without crashes.

Edited by aedn, 11 March 2017 - 03:31 AM.

tApJpyS.png

Jericho NA

obsesseD

obsesseD

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 05-March 17

Even the compatibility mode doesn't fix it for me, just for a short period of time.. and my pc specs always used to run apb easy and my pc didn't know about those crashes before :D

weird thing, hope it get fixed soon...

senua

senua

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2287 posts
  • Joined 08-June 15

Glad I'm not the only one. This has happened to me ever since I got into playing a bit again. Annoying as Hell.

Visionaireh

Visionaireh

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Joined 16-January 15

Don't know if this has anything to do with the crashes but windows 10 had an update right now. might solve something and might not. don't feel like testing at the moment.

aedn

aedn

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11

crashes are totally chance after killing somebody. I've had sessions where I've played 2 hours without crash, and some 2 minutes before crashing. I haven't had a chance to try with the win10 update.

Edited by aedn, 15 March 2017 - 08:07 AM.

tApJpyS.png

Jericho NA

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4538 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

you had the same crashes, right? After a random kill the game would crash? It just seems to me that this fix doesn't actually change anything, there's no logical reason for that to stop the game from crashing. Although, that being said, compatibility mode fixes it apparently :/

That quote you pulled up has been taken somewhat out of context I think. If playing in full screen was a problem as long as APB had been in development, then that might sense, but it's not backing anything up that you've said and I can name three people off the top of my head playing this game beyond 1080p without crashes.

Yep when killing also had it random times changing cars/other iteams mid missions or viewing scorboard mid-missions

Thought I replied but seems it did not -/-
Last part is due to win 10 changing how it operates(UWP) , also not sure why this helped fix it for me at all
If want can do quick check to see if anything else might be interfering>PM  pc specs +any running programs while playing+services >as well any tweaks to win 10 you have done(ask as link in my sig is some thing i have done to mine not many do)

Majikal PC Tweaks
Before ya judge think

aedn

aedn

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Joined 04-May 11

still a thing, now found that I'm crashing on compatibility mode as well. :/

tApJpyS.png

Jericho NA

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

Haven't crashed since mid February after clean installing from steam, validating in steam, and repairing in launcher.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

obsesseD

obsesseD

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 05-March 17

How can I clean install from steam? I never installed APB on steam just downlaoded the apblauncher on gamersfirst lol.

Mod Squad 6

Mod Squad 6

Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 31-October 14
Thanks for all of your feedback for this.

Please create customer support tickets with logs and crash reports as discussing it on the forums won't resolve the problem anytime soon.

Locked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users