TheKhimy

TheKhimy

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

Hello guys, im Khimy.

I was a content creator for the brazilian community of APB reloaded  and since we got back to the g1 servers, the only downside that i see is that the game in general is low on players, mby cuz new gammers don`t know about us or the F2P games getting way too competitive and some of the most popular games getting on top of the list.

For me the issue is simple, the community is short, making the game goes "underground" (only who plays, or got in contact from some sort of info), to resolve this i only see one solution -> PUBLICITY <- 

But how we can make the gamming comunity know about and apb go back to what it was? in terms of number of players.

We still have lovely content creators on Youtube, not that many on Twitch, for some is realy difficult to play live due to ping problems (for me at least) offstream usualy i get like 130ms, fps isn`t a problem, but still impossible to stream.

The idea bhind this post is to see if we can do a project (community based) getting all creators together and make some publicity videos for the game, like Trailers, Frag movies like shini or dopefish, content showcase for clothing, themes and guns, etc, show thats the game is simple, competitive. and still alot of things to show up!

if it succes the game will get more newbies involved, and we gonna be able to play with different players.

I think thats it ( kinda bad english, getting used to the language again), so who wuld be up for this?

Edited by TheKhimy, 15 January 2017 - 07:54 AM.

Nevv

Nevv

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Joined 10-January 15

I should be releasing stuff on the 28th, but I'm in for w.e you guys plan to do :>

Jericho - Nokoe (Criminal) // Nevv (Enforcer)

Steam  //  ‎¥outube

Porkupimp

Porkupimp

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 21-June 15

First off, I do believe this should be in "Suggestions & Ideas" ;)

This game's issues extend to technical flaws and, for some people, design flaws too aside from population.

Things like the disastrous fps, lagful driving and more would be technical flaws while design flaws vary completely between individuals, depending on what they want or expect from APB.

Population is definitely an issue, and I do agree to an extent that publicity is lacking, but the Xbox soft launch of APB did in fact get the game some publicity. Mind you, it was not the kind of publicity a game wants.

There is no simple answer to how to revive this game's pop unfortunately, due to the pop dropping for various reasons. Everyone to an extent chooses their own reason(s) to leave so advertising alone isn't necessarily going to win any veteran players back. Fixing the issue(s) they and others had might not even bring them back, or it could cause others to leave, depending on the change(s) the game receives.

Showing off the features and mechanics of the game can be an effective way to attract new players, and every bit of effort to show the good in this game should help, but as soon as said new players have entered a green, bronze, silver or gold district they don't stay long due to a septic combination of all issues I mentioned plus ones I haven't.

I don't intend to shoot this good idea down. In fact, I mean to support it. It just isn't likely to be as effective as you may think. APB's current state is no simple problem by any means. Several core mechanics need serious adjustments for new players to stay in the game and not just try it out, get stomped and uninstall.

Life is the sum of your perceptions. Perceptions are representations of, but are not correctly reality.

Life is not reality.

Your existence, however, is part of it.

TheKhimy

TheKhimy

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

I should be releasing stuff on the 28th, but I'm in for w.e you guys plan to do :>

New stuff is alweis wellcome, planning to do some effort to give publicity to the game with some ppl that are used to create apb content. 

First off, I do believe this should be in "Suggestions & Ideas" ;)

There is no simple answer to how to revive this game's pop unfortunately, due to the pop dropping for various reasons. Everyone to an extent chooses their own reason(s) to leave so advertising alone isn't necessarily going to win any veteran players back. Fixing the issue(s) they and others had might not even bring them back, or it could cause others to leave, depending on the change(s) the game receives.

Showing off the features and mechanics of the game can be an effective way to attract new players, and every bit of effort to show the good in this game should help, but as soon as said new players have entered a green, bronze, silver or gold district they don't stay long due to a septic combination of all issues I mentioned plus ones I haven't.

I don't intend to shoot this good idea down. In fact, I mean to support it. It just isn't likely to be as effective as you may think. APB's current state is no simple problem by any means. Several core mechanics need serious adjustments for new players to stay in the game and not just try it out, get stomped and uninstall.

I agree with you, the main thing is the lack of publicity, we have games way worse on the driving mechanics and slow movements that are on top of APB.

By no means im saying that the game is perfect, its not, starting for the huge computer config demand to run at 60fps, like you said, wich can limit the ppl that join in. Mby the new engine will help this, but  i have no clue when that will be added to the live game.

New players need to be aware of the mechanics of the game, wich the tutorial don`t show, several videos of tips and triks were made, but only the newbies that realy want to play try to get info, idk if we have a better way to show them what the game is about.

Porkupimp

Porkupimp

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 21-June 15

I agree with you, the main thing is the lack of publicity, we have games way worse on the driving mechanics and slow movements that are on top of APB.

By no means im saying that the game is perfect, its not, starting for the huge computer config demand to run at 60fps, like you said, wich can limit the ppl that join in. Mby the new engine will help this, but  i have no clue when that will be added to the live game.

New players need to be aware of the mechanics of the game, wich the tutorial don`t show, several videos of tips and triks were made, but only the newbies that realy want to play try to get info, idk if we have a better way to show them what the game is about.

What I find is that the lack of positive publicity and the poor player retention flow in a deplorable cycle:

Poor publicity means players who join don't give the game much of a chance and they dismiss it without hesitance. If they could be invited to the game and given a chance to start at a low skill level without being stomped by the abused matchmaking system's player puddle (it's no longer a pool, most of it evaporated) the game could regain valuable population to at least preserve its lifespan.

The most we can do though is our best to freshen up APB's stained name and state  :knight:

Life is the sum of your perceptions. Perceptions are representations of, but are not correctly reality.

Life is not reality.

TheKhimy

TheKhimy

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

What I find is that the lack of positive publicity and the poor player retention flow in a deplorable cycle:

Poor publicity means players who join don't give the game much of a chance and they dismiss it without hesitance. If they could be invited to the game and given a chance to start at a low skill level without being stomped by the abused matchmaking system's player puddle (it's no longer a pool, most of it evaporated) the game could regain valuable population to at least preserve its lifespan.

The most we can do though is our best to freshen up APB's stained name and state  :knight:

so a "tutorial district" for newcommwes play until lvl idk... 60 and get the hand  of the game wuld fix that? 

Ranking the districts as green, bronze, silver and gold tryed to solve this but... failed completly, maybe we shuld return to the old match making and rank system, wasant perfect but 4 newbies against 1 gold they had the chance to win lol, also that depends totaly from g1 decisions anyweis, as a small comunity we can just fix the publicity, with enought content creators.

Porkupimp

Porkupimp

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 21-June 15

so a "tutorial district" for newcommwes play until lvl idk... 60 and get the hand  of the game wuld fix that? 

Ranking the districts as green, bronze, silver and gold tryed to solve this but... failed completly, maybe we shuld return to the old match making and rank system, wasant perfect but 4 newbies against 1 gold they had the chance to win lol, also that depends totaly from g1 decisions anyweis, as a small comunity we can just fix the publicity, with enought content creators.

A better tutorial would help, even though it was previously worse. I don't know what features would help the most, but a wall of text is just that: A wall.

Threat in this game is broken, matchmaking needs to be fixed though. 

Honestly though, the best thing for this game is for G1 to improve it before advertising it. I don't know how they deal with their massive workload and the toxic community.

Life is not reality.

TheKhimy

TheKhimy

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

A better tutorial would help, even though it was previously worse. I don't know what features would help the most, but a wall of text is just that: A wall.

Threat in this game is broken, matchmaking needs to be fixed though. 

Honestly though, the best thing for this game is for G1 to improve it before advertising it. I don't know how they deal with their massive workload and the toxic community.

yea, they said something about the new engine last year, but nothing till the moment, threat shuld be able to derank as well, i agree with you.

Nevv

Nevv

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Joined 10-January 15

So did you guys finish with the talk about unchangeable core issues of the game and move back to stuff we can actually change/affect?

We already know about all the wrenches thrown into the game's mechanics, but that doesnt mean we just sit on our asses and mope.

Let's do something.

Steam  //  ‎¥outube

NotZombieBiscuit

NotZombieBiscuit

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2139 posts
  • Joined 04-March 11

It is not about creating digital media. It is about getting that content seen. APB just has almost no interest from outsiders.

Nevv

Nevv

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Joined 10-January 15
Idk, I feel like something is better than nothing. I came in during the phase of decline through watching those kinds of videos, so why not others?

If the engine upgrade ever arrives, we'll be better equipped to create those types of videos anyways.

Steam  //  ‎¥outube

Nevv

Nevv

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Joined 10-January 15
I lied, it's probably coming tmw

Steam  //  ‎¥outube

Nevv

Nevv

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Joined 10-January 15

There ya go

Steam  //  ‎¥outube

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

There ya go

my ears  are blooding....

Nevv

Nevv

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Joined 10-January 15

my ears  are blooding....

Yeah its a bit loud apparently

Pretty easy to turn down the volume slider tho

Edited by Noko¥, 30 January 2017 - 08:50 PM.

Steam  //  ‎¥outube

SanityFlex

SanityFlex

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Joined 20-January 12

So did you guys finish with the talk about unchangeable core issues of the game and move back to stuff we can actually change/affect?

We already know about all the wrenches thrown into the game's mechanics, but that doesnt mean we just sit on our asses and mope.

Let's do something.

The core issues are changeable though, maybe not by us, but definitely by G1.

If you say that even though G1 fails to solve these issues, you'll still support them and give them free publicity. Then you remove a big part of the incentive for them to improve the game.

G1 has had this game for years, but how much has it really changed since RTW had it, honestly?

Don't get me wrong, i love the game, and want to see it succeed in every way possible. But when the game is dying out, and G1 spends an eternity solving the issues, then you're honestly not that inspired as a content creator, or as a player for that matter.

If G1 actually puts out the engine upgrade, and a valuable difference is made to the development cycle, then i'll be back in a heartbeat.

But saying that we as content creators need to save the game from itself is stupid, and you should rather direct your energy towards making G1 fix what they promised they would.

This game is great, i enjoy the hell out of it's quirks, random chaos, amazing customization and fun gunplay. But if G1 doesn't do something fast, it's gonna die out, because every other game out there is gonna grow so much better. And we'll all end up like our grandpas, talking about the good ol days when a game like APB was a thing.

Votekick System For APB          Add A Legendary Grenade          Mod ideas          Easy VIP Mission Fix          Add Forfeit System

Nevv

Nevv

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Joined 10-January 15

But saying that we as content creators need to save the game from itself is stupid, and you should rather direct your energy towards making G1 fix what they promised they would.

And what would we direct our energy towards exactly? How do players like us try to make G1 fix their issues? By whining about the problems like just about every other person, by boycotting and not playing/buying anything at all or by actively sabotaging them?

If there was a direct way to aid G1 in improving the game, I'd be on it in a heartbeat.

Edited by Nevv, 17 February 2017 - 06:05 PM.

Steam  //  ‎¥outube

SanityFlex

SanityFlex

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Joined 20-January 12

And what would we direct our energy towards exactly? How do players like us try to make G1 fix their issues? By whining about the problems like just about every other person, by boycotting and not playing/buying anything at all or by actively sabotaging them?

If there was a direct way to aid G1 in improving the game, I'd be on it in a heartbeat.

The exact same thing that happened when RTW lost the game. Why would you think that G1 are the only ones who could possibly fix this game?

I understand that you may love the game, but directing that love towards G1 is misguided, they did not make the game, and they barely keep it afloat.

Edited by SanityFlex, 18 February 2017 - 12:11 AM.

Votekick System For APB          Add A Legendary Grenade          Mod ideas          Easy VIP Mission Fix          Add Forfeit System

Nevv

Nevv

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Joined 10-January 15

The exact same thing that happened when RTW lost the game. Why would you think that G1 are the only ones who could possibly fix this game?

I understand that you may love the game, but directing that love towards G1 is misguided, they did not make the game, and they barely keep it afloat.

You still haven't told me what I should do instead. It's also far from "love" for g1 but publicity might draw potential players in, so we still have people to play against. Strictly hating g1 isn't going to do squat either.

Steam  //  ‎¥outube

Nevv

Nevv

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Joined 10-January 15
To put it into perspective, if I were a dev trying to make the engine upgrade happen, I wouldn't be very motivated to work if 75% of the population was bashing me into the ground and declaring the game to be dead.

Calling it dead is just going to convince people to leave and ironically, really make the game dead. I'm tired of edgy forum heroes repeating the same statements and just bashing cause it's "cool".

Edited by Nevv, 18 February 2017 - 12:37 AM.

Steam  //  ‎¥outube

SanityFlex

SanityFlex

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Joined 20-January 12

You still haven't told me what I should do instead. It's also far from "love" for g1 but publicity might draw potential players in, so we still have people to play against. Strictly hating g1 isn't going to do squat either.

To put it into perspective, if I were a dev trying to make the engine upgrade happen, I wouldn't be very motivated to work if 75% of the population was bashing me into the ground and declaring the game to be dead.

Calling it dead is just going to convince people to leave and ironically, really make the game dead. I'm tired of edgy forum heroes repeating the same statements and just bashing cause it's "cool".

Oh you can put it into any perspective you want, doesn't change the truth of the fact that G1 has failed to do anything meaningful to keep APB interesting. When is the last time there was a proper content update to the game? How long ago did they promise the infamous Engine Upgrade?

People have been supporting the s**t out of this game for years, and obviously your approach has failed miserably. So no, i don't believe in your perspective, even less since you're not a developer. This is not some spare time hobby, this is a job. The devs work for a paycheck, not for the love of strangers on the internet.

And excuse me, what? You're the forum hero here, there's no gain in talking s**t on here. If i wanted to win a popularity contest, i would just do like you, and suck that G1 D like there's no tommorow. People who are sick of this game don't go here, the ones who do go here are people who still see potential for the game. I'm not checking the forums to see which thread i can s**t on G1 on now, i'm checking that stupid blog several times a week, just hoping that it finally says "PS4 release done, now introducing what you've all been waiting for...".

Don't pretend you're the good guy here, just because you're not willing to say anything negative. If you really gave a c**p about this game, you'd be willing to criticize, in order to get some attention to the real problem that's killing the game.

Saying that the game is dying because it's not getting more publicity, just tells how little you've actually been around.

Lots of APB veterans wants to come back and play, but there's no new content, no new graphics, nothing new to do. All you can do is try to recreate what once was, and pray to god that it will be as fun as the first time.

Spoiler

Put me in all the boxes you want, to discredit my opinion. It still doesn't change the fact that G1 has done nothing to deserve a YouTube campaign, and until they do, they shouldn't get anything of the sort.

• Gro likes this

Nevv

Nevv

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Joined 10-January 15

Oh you can put it into any perspective you want, doesn't change the truth of the fact that G1 has failed to do anything meaningful to keep APB interesting. When is the last time there was a proper content update to the game? How long ago did they promise the infamous Engine Upgrade?

They've already put out the Xbox version, so the upgrade isn't an impossibility at this point.

People have been supporting the s**t out of this game for years, and obviously your approach has failed miserably. So no, i don't believe in your perspective, even less since you're not a developer. This is not some spare time hobby, this is a job. The devs work for a paycheck, not for the love of strangers on the internet.

You can say the same about critics of the game as well. If there's any direct evidence of some correlation between whining and G1 making improvements to the game, I'd be interested in seeing it. Making videos however, still helps the game by the possibility of some bloke watching the videos and taking up the game, and there is proof because that's essentially how I started getting into the game. Thus somewhat maintaining a population. Understandably, it is their job but nothing will really motivate them to work other than a paycheck. However, the quality and ideas that are produced could very well be affected by the community they're making it for. Additionally, its not like they haven't seen the same suggestions and criticisms repeated over like a broken record.

And excuse me, what? You're the forum hero here, there's no gain in talking s**t on here. If i wanted to win a popularity contest, i would just do like you, and suck that G1 D like there's no tommorow. 

Take a look at the posts and you can probably agree that there's more mommy talking than praise for g1 going on. I find it hard to believe that you possess an understanding of what the word "popular" means. Criticizing the company makes one seem more pragmatic, realistic rather than if you supported them and so people leverage off of that and repeat criticisms that others have already addressed. I'm just tired of hearing specifically that.

You are excused I guess? Stop taking it so personally lol. Just stating an opinion, but apparently that's not allowed in present society.

Don't pretend you're the good guy here, just because you're not willing to say anything negative. If you really gave a c**p about this game, you'd be willing to criticize, in order to get some attention to the real problem that's killing the game.

I didn't suggest myself to be anything. It's just your assumptions. You may be a bit confused, but the main purpose (at least mine) was to make content to suade new players to play; therefore giving me and others a population to play with. It's mostly self-serving, so I wouldn't consider myself a "good guy". If criticizing g1 of the same things over and over would amount to something, let me know and I'll hop right aboard. BUT the same things have already been said by other mouths, so there is no point in repeating them. The changes they want can be made after the upgrade arrives [if ever]. So with the criticism approach "failing miserably" as well, it only serves to irritate others. In other words, bulls***.

Saying that the game is dying because it's not getting more publicity, just tells how little you've actually been around.

Saying that those were my intentions just tells how little you understand.

Evidently, publicity is not the main issue with APB as anyone could observe. We're just doing our little part in keeping a playerbase, regardless of the fruits of our effort. And what exactly are you doing to change the core problems of the game? 

You still haven't addressed what actions I should take instead. If you can't think of anything else, then I believe this is the best we can do, and you can stop wasting my time.

Lots of APB veterans wants to come back and play, but there's no new content, no new graphics, nothing new to do. All you can do is try to recreate what once was, and pray to god that it will be as fun as the first time.

Spoiler

Put me in all the boxes you want, to discredit my opinion. It still doesn't change the fact that G1 has done nothing to deserve a YouTube campaign, and until they do, they shouldn't get anything of the sort.

Sure, you've been here a while but all you can do is mope about the good old days and **** on the company. Congrats. 

If that's your hobby, fine. I'll be doing something slightly more constructive in the meantime.

Edited by Nevv, 18 February 2017 - 03:20 PM.

Steam  //  ‎¥outube

Playluxe

Playluxe

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 15-December 12

This game is dead, anyway. Not because of the communty, it's because of the devs. They're not working with the community, they're working against us.

And as "NotZombieBiscuit" mentioned, they don't have any interest to work with talented people from outside.

They rather milk the remaining customers as long as they exist and go down with that sinking ship with two middlefingers up.

Edited by Playluxe, 22 February 2017 - 11:54 AM.

qngcnpem.png

Nevv

Nevv

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Joined 10-January 15

This game is dead, anyway. Not because of the communty, it's because of the devs. They're not working with the community, they're working against us.

And as "NotZombieBiscuit" mentioned, they don't have any interest to work with talented people from outside.

They rather milk the remaining customers as long as they exist and go down with that sinking ship with two middlefingers up.

All we can do is hope for some changes if the Engine Upgrade's released I suppose.

Until then, I'll just keep doing what I enjoy - even if there's no significant payoff. 

Steam  //  ‎¥outube

-Reagan-

-Reagan-

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2212 posts
  • Joined 12-May 11

just to be that guy, it's simple marketing, there's not much they can do other then milking hardcore customers, it's tecnically the right move when a game is simply going down, try to sell whatever you can with the ppl you have now, in order to pay what you have to pay and turn a little profit for the boss.  

as far as creating media , you simply can't do anything to help this game, you will never attract ppl (well i can, cuz i have the power of the 4x4) , biggest channel apb related is what , shini ? with 15k ppl ? he can try posting 10 videos per days, with always his top noch editing and plays , but he already reached his audience and he will stop growing as channel. 

ok to make things clear a bit, let's take as example always shini, he has 15k subs and his last video , in 1 month, made 11k views, that video (no matter how good it is) will never reach the real big audience, because there's not enough audience (inside the community) to let a video go viral and being noticed by a huge amount of ppl. 

so basically unless G1 help creators getting big first, creators can't help the game, at all. 

i've been in contact with more then just tiggs , and they kept being less motivated while the years where passing. 

i'm asking tiggs since forever to get a free camera, i got promises and nothing else, after a while i just gave up because there's no reason to play the waiting game, it's just frustrating and nothing else.  

bottomline, a creator will never be enough big to attract external audience doing apb videos.  

they had summit streaming apb, they couldn't even keep close 1 big streamer.  

PRDnvMj.jpg

Playluxe

Playluxe

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 15-December 12

just to be that guy, it's simple marketing, there's not much they can do other then milking hardcore customers, it's tecnically the right move when a game is simply going down, try to sell whatever you can with the ppl you have now, in order to pay what you have to pay and turn a little profit for the boss.  

That's basically what I said. But advertising only doesn't work well for a technically poor developed game with practically no support from devs. Even if they spend 10 million dollar in advertising, as long as the product is trash, most people won't play it.

From all the people I recommended APB to, at least 95% stopped playing after a short while, because of technical problems or that Pay2Win feeling you have when you start this game from the beginning.

Edited by Playluxe, 03 March 2017 - 03:28 PM.

qngcnpem.png

BloodyMisha

BloodyMisha

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 02-January 17

That's basically what I said. But advertising only doesn't work well for a technically poor developed game with practically no support from devs. Even if they spend 10 million dollar in advertising, as long as the product is trash, most people won't play it.

From all the people I recommended APB to, at least 95% stopped playing after a short while, because of technical problems or that Pay2Win feeling you have when you start this game from the beginning.

Dude, its to ways to win in this game - pay or up skill. (and hack of course). So, if we want more newbies to play with us - we need to teach them how to play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users