13 replies to this topic

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

I've encountered post online with the person apparently hacking apb accounts.

He has made pretty decently long list, and there are some accounts with g1c and legendaries. He posted account info with emails and passwords attached. I didnt test the accounts myself, for security reasons, but people claim that these accounts work.

Spoiler

Yes im aware that the image above looks like a joke, but i will not post the actual link to the forums because it leads to third party site.

There are at least 30 different accounts on these lists, and like i said some of those had G1C/Legendaries or other valuables.

What my question is, has there been any security breach recently? Is it possible that the account info can be hacked, or that this is rather done via third party sites (enter your email and password we will duplicate your weapons/send you 100.000.000.000$ type of stuff)

I tried. Im sorry everyone. Especially for you P.

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4065 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Think I'm gonna change my passes.

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

Shini

Shini

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3913 posts
  • Joined 14-November 10

Well its definitely happened to someone I know very recently. They got their account back and characters restored in the end but it took a while.

Heard from hearsay that if you want to best insulate yourself from G1's poor security you should definitely put symbols in your password as a minimum. So save yourself some trouble and go do that, I personally use password manager (lastpass) nowadays so I don't need to remember my jumbled pass.

Edited by Shini, 11 January 2017 - 09:25 AM.

• vLm likes this

DOsaP8z.png?1
Patriot | Obeya | Joker
gU5R8sY.pnguAHmOP2.pngJHRWB5q.png

vLm

vLm

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Joined 08-June 16

just did a bit research, this is definitely scary - will surely go with some cryllics in my future passwords.

Edited by fictional, 11 January 2017 - 11:04 AM.

misanthropist.

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1449 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

Fishing and possibly brute force trying commonly used passwords. Instead of posting it openly on the forums to risk other player's accounts, submit it to support.

Edited by MrHappyPenguin, 11 January 2017 - 09:32 AM.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 1080
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Fishing and possibly brute force trying commonly used passwords. Instead of posting it openly on the forums to risk other player's accounts, submit it to support.

If its brute, how are you supposed to obtain email then?

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1449 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

If its brute, how are you supposed to obtain email then?

People publicly display their email address on social media sites.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 1080
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Sadira

Sadira

Descended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3240 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11

jesus christ

NMS5SG2.jpg

RTW Veteran/CBT Veteran || Wife of Neonis || Got art to show off? Come to this thread! 
hi im sadira. Character commissions open! Send a PM.

thelinux

thelinux

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1347 posts
  • Joined 25-December 13

Yes it is possible and it did happen multiple times already.

Avair | thelinux | thellinux | imthelinux - Citadel EU

YouTube <> Steam <> Twitch

xf4tg4.png

Bambola

Bambola

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2160 posts
  • Joined 20-November 13
While ago, at the end of the last year I logged to my web account using my email and password, but system logged me into someone else's. I had access to G1C person had, ability to purchase things, all info as it was actually my account. After few failed attempts to log into my account I finally managed (I would log into accounts of random people each time with my login details) and immediately contacted the first person whose account I accessed to find out they were logging to my account and had full control over it.

I was pretty much concerned, not just because my account security, but also because I could be accused of hacking into someone else's or sharing accounts, so I explained my issue to the Support but unfortunately they refused to provide any info, I failed to prove my account is actually mine (I really couldn't answer to some silly questions regarding my activity from 3 years ago).

Anyway, so much about the security.

Edited by Bambola, 11 January 2017 - 10:28 AM.

XaMA1nH.jpg

~Living in a world of smart phones and stupid people~

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3951 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Can people just like, not be sh*tbags for a day?

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Can people just like, not be sh*tbags for a day?

What is the issue?

Ignas / qsn

Ignas / qsn

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1744 posts
  • Joined 16-September 14
Mobile confirmation, please...

I'm bad 24/7.

Mod Squad 76

Mod Squad 76

Reloaded Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Joined 01-August 16

You will have to submit this matter to support for investigation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users