• This topic is locked This topic is locked
472 replies to this topic

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -4966 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Have you been banned in the past for cheating from Punk buster?  We have some good news for you, we're going to most of the Punk buster bans that happened from January 1, 2011 to today.  Now it's up to you to prove you can play without an unfair advantage over other players.  We hope that you've learned your lesson, and look forward to seeing you in game. 

Note: 

• If your account was multiple banned which means by Punk buster and Fair fight, or for another TOS violation and Punk buster, your account will not be unbanned. 
  • Do not contact support to be unbanned, this will be completed over the next hour and an email will be sent to your account. 
  • Only those that receive an email are being released. Email can take up to a hour to go out, be patient and again do not contact support or we'll not allow you this chance. 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

SpeedyCat

SpeedyCat

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • Joined 13-December 12

0o Wow nice for those who was on the wrong way.... now its time to use the right one.... Hope they use theyr chance wisely.

Genobee

Genobee

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5309 posts
  • Joined 20-April 11

This is all kinds of unexpected.

They better not be foolish about this and squander a free second chance. Something that generally doesn't exist in the gaming world.

New to APB:R? Take a look at this part of the forum || Find a bug? Report it here!

Looking for something to play until the EU get released?                                                                  フリルネックトカゲ

Mission Rewards Refinement - F2P Guns as Rewards | Improve Communication

Sapphire

Sapphire

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1112 posts
  • Joined 10-January 14

And then people never believe me when I say Tiggs is kind >.>

QjSCrfb.png   POUIC

FX-6300 @4.6 GHz // Radeon R9 290 stock @1050 MHz // HyperX Fury DDR3 8GB @2190 MHz

"It's got a soul."   VEGA

Bowser

Bowser

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Joined 22-February 14
What about people got banned like 3 years ago they should get a second chance plus 30 days punishment is not enough to come back than 3 years just saying.

phMG9hL.jpg B0WSE: Jericho (NA}     LbtNqyj.jpg Bowserism: Citadel (EU)

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -4966 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

What about people got banned like 3 years ago they should get a second chance plus 30 days punishment is not enough to come back than 3 years just saying.

We're monitoring to see how the release of the last 30 days works. If all goes well, you never know what's possible :) 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Bowser

Bowser

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Joined 22-February 14

We're monitoring to see how the release of the last 30 days works. If all goes well, you never know what's possible :)

God I hope will see.

Edited by Bowser, 07 October 2016 - 01:54 PM.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7226 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Damn, interesting move.

I mean, I don't think it will really hurt anything TBH, and there have been some weird bans, so why not?

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

Mitne

Mitne

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Joined 07-January 13

Amnesty for cheaters? Well. You take responsibility for it G1 though.

Although I think it's right move taking how recent bans were... fishy themselves.

enforcer_gold_250.png

Mitne

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4535 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

Could you post this to steam forum/posts as well know was a few people that posted there about this , thanks :)

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

Aeronaut

Aeronaut

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5262 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11

This is all kinds of unexpected.

They better not be foolish about this and squander a free second chance. Something that generally doesn't exist in the gaming world.

APBs pretty forgiving.

Honestly, this is more for regaining those naive new players who saw the advertisement for that free downloadable cheat.

jk pb wasnt the ones to ban those people

They already gave a second chance. If they unbanned those people 3 years ago, this would be their third chance.

Edited by Aeronaut, 07 October 2016 - 02:44 PM.

vLm

vLm

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Joined 08-June 16
Actually despite it being a really controversial move I think that it's somewhat a right step, heck I am pretty sure alot of people will have realized and we will eventually see a more active playerbase. I mean honestly, if they cheat again they'll get hammered by FF anyway :P

Edited by fictional, 07 October 2016 - 02:10 PM.

misanthropist.

Bowser

Bowser

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • Joined 22-February 14

APBs pretty forgiving.

Honestly, this is more for regaining those naive new players who saw the advertisement for that free downloadable cheat.

They already gave a second chance. If they unbanned those people 3 years ago, this would be their third chance.

When was that I never heard about it can you find a link that say says that ?

Aeronaut

Aeronaut

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5262 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11

When was that I never heard about it can you find a link that say says that ?

"Do we need some sort of cheater amnesty"

here you go

G1 White Knight

G1 White Knight

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4416 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

Ummmmmmmmm....

Guys.....

It's only for PunkBuster bans......

This is why we can't have communication... Y'all can't comprehend what's said.

Edited by G1 White Knight, 07 October 2016 - 02:27 PM.

IpP4AT3.png

Laugh and take pride that they require coded counter measures to handle all your awesomeness, because their sad, little ego just pales next to the greatness that is you, a true gamer.

ilikecake

ilikecake

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Joined 23-January 11

is this how ur gonna save the /pop?

LUL

I read hentai mangas for the storylines im srs.

WOLFABLE

WOLFABLE

That Wolf Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2909 posts
  • Joined 06-February 13

Now... be good or no cookies.

Posted Image

RaveTheWolf

RaveTheWolf

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Joined 30-December 14

Why? I mean personally I hate the idea of unbanning cheaters... But if you are only unbanning cheaters in the past month (punkbuster bans only)... then why not previous months? How is that fair?

Edit: Well people should just be grateful that they are even getting a second chance at all...

Edited by RaveTheWolf, 07 October 2016 - 04:26 PM.

slvrlithium

slvrlithium

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Joined 25-November 11

i disagree with previous cheaters getting unbanned however i understand with the quicker to action fairfight, they will just get banned again if they use their old "tricks" which could sting more to lose the same main/high rank account twice but i dont feel as though they should be rewarded with all their armas/unlocked items as well as high rank characters because they have already attempted to "drown" this game with negativity while others have played clean the entire time... my 0.02

" You think you're going to heaven because you're "Honest"... You're NOT! You're going to the same hell as the crooked cops you CAN'T STAND!!"

G1 White Knight

G1 White Knight

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4416 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

Why? I mean personally I hate the idea of unbanning cheaters... But if you are only unbanning cheaters in the past month (punkbuster bans only)... then why not previous months? How is that fair?

Edit: Well people should just be grateful that they are even getting a second chance at all...

So... All those accounts that logged in when PB was going haywire were cheaters?

No, they weren't.

This is simply to fix an error from a PB update instead of just going, 'Contact EvenBalance.'

Will a cheater be unbanned? Maybe one or two. But they'll still cheat and still get banned.

But people like SupahFuzzy and Foe (and another uncounted but easily 30+) who aren't cheaters and were wrongly banned are reinstated.

Seriously.... Why can't people comprehend this?

Edited by G1 White Knight, 07 October 2016 - 05:00 PM.

IpP4AT3.png

Laugh and take pride that they require coded counter measures to handle all your awesomeness, because their sad, little ego just pales next to the greatness that is you, a true gamer.

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -4966 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

So... All those accounts that logged in when PB was going haywire were cheaters?

No, they weren't.

This is simply to fix an error from a PB update instead of just going, 'Contact EvenBalance.'

Will a cheater be unbanned? Maybe one or two. But they'll still cheat and still get banned.

But people like SupahFuzzy and Foe (and another uncounted but easily 30+) who aren't cheaters and were wrongly banned are reinstated.

Seriously.... Why can't people comprehend this?

Where did you get that tin foil hat, give me it!  

Yes, they were cheating. We removed the bans from everyone that was hit on Saturday wrongly by PB. There were 4 people that were also hit by a mistake with FF and those were reversed.   The people that were given a second chance today, were cheating and were banned for it. We're giving them a second chance and it may open up to all PB banned accounts in the future.  I've posted a few times that I am not a fan of PB,  "why can't you comprehend this"?  :) 

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4535 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

Yes, they were cheating. We removed the bans from everyone that was hit on Saturday wrongly by PB. There were 4 people that were also hit by a mistake with FF and those were reversed.   The people that were given a second chance today, were cheating and were banned for it. We're giving them a second chance and it may open up to all PB banned accounts in the future.  I've posted a few times that I am not a fan of PB,  "why can't you comprehend this"?   :)

Wish could like this , I never cared nor liked PB myself from experience of working with game companies in past it was by far one the last companies/programs we thought of using due to the many issues it  can cause and it itself being out of today's times

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

Vaporware

Vaporware

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 26-June 16

Thank you.

I agree you should get rid of that obsolete software. It's killing FPS for people with low performance CPU, and, compared to FairFight, you get alot of cases of false positives.

Isolated cases or not, makes no difference.

Beside, the supported version of PB on APB is... 0.993

When was the last actual collaboration between APB and Evenbalance?

APB doesn't even appear in their supported game list? http://www.evenbalance.com/games.php

If I had to compare PunkBuster and Gamersfirst support service after ban, I'd say Gamersfirst is actually better.

Punkbuster only gives you a single automated reply.

Suggested many avenues on what could have triggered the ban and tried to replicate it. They never went further than the autoreply.

Spoiler

I'll say it again,

Thank you.

Edited by Vaporware, 07 October 2016 - 05:05 PM.

G1 White Knight

G1 White Knight

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4416 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

Yes, they were cheating. We removed the bans from everyone that was hit on Saturday wrongly by PB. There were 4 people that were also hit by a mistake with FF and those were reversed. The people that were given a second chance today, were cheating and were banned for it. We're giving them a second chance and it may open up to all PB banned accounts in the future. I've posted a few times that I am not a fan of PB, "why can't you comprehend this"? :)

Well then... That's interesting...

I must correct my statements.
IpP4AT3.png

iDev

iDev

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Joined 29-November 14

Yes, they were cheating. We removed the bans from everyone that was hit on Saturday wrongly by PB. There were 4 people that were also hit by a mistake with FF and those were reversed.   The people that were given a second chance today, were cheating and were banned for it. We're giving them a second chance and it may open up to all PB banned accounts in the future.  I've posted a few times that I am not a fan of PB,  "why can't you comprehend this"?   :)

That's nice of you. It does seem like it's an easier way to just press the rollback button and have everyone cleared, so you don't have to spend time sorting out the cheaters and the ones that got unfairly banned.

Not gonna give others a second chance? No tinfoil, just curious.

Edited by iDev, 07 October 2016 - 05:06 PM.

Sedustic

Sedustic

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Joined 13-August 14
Tiggs fixing apb step by step. I like the idea, it's controversial but I think it could help with the relations Players <----> G1 (and maybe dampen the rage hackers) #TiggsForPresident

Snubnose

Snubnose

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Joined 18-December 14

what about false-positives that happened over all the time APB existed?

IMO, it would be nice to see punkbuster deleted and FF tweaked to work really good. after that happened, everyone should get unbanned for the sake of falsely-banned people, and to give other people that really cheated a second chance. if they cheat again with their old account, FF will get them. (unbanned accounts can be put to priority for FF I guess). and if they don't cheat again and continue playing the game, it's just another few more players for the community and also potential cash, which keeps the game alive.

ofc, some people will cheat again even if they get a second chance, but I think the falsepositives and the people that regret cheating overweight the scumbags and therefore this idea should really be considered.

just for the record, I hate cheaters. I'm not trying to defend cheating, it's disgusting.

icon_pistol_snubnose.png"flawless", "there are no falsepositives, you got caught", said tiggs. and you all s*cked her d*ck for ages...  YouTube-icon.png

untill you see yourself on FFbans or one of your friends.

f*cking pathetic.

RaveTheWolf

RaveTheWolf

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Joined 30-December 14

Too bad I can't like your post, but yeah, the ones getting unbanned ARE cheaters. 

The Saturday incident is a whole separate incident.

Pragmatix

Pragmatix

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts
  • Joined 19-May 09

Why not just unban everyone at this point and let them start a new chapter? Yes, including those banned by FF.

PEEPS

PEEPS

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 01-November 11

taking the piss much , they cheated but hey have another chance , reallllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy ,

its like saying hey you cheated here it dont matter have your account back and use another for cheating , realllllyyyy , they not gonna learn anything when you give the stuff back they lost , playing this game much longer myself i dont think so when they let cheaters back in with their main accounts that was banned for cheating whats the point in having cheat protection when you just give them back after their banned , just turn the anti cheat software off , no point in having it

RaveTheWolf

RaveTheWolf

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Joined 30-December 14

Why not just unban everyone at this point and let them start a new chapter? Yes, including those banned by FF.

I would literally uninstall APB

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -4966 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Because I have faith in Fair Fight that I don't have in PB :) 

darker

darker

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Joined 03-December 15

if someone was banned by punkbuster over a year ago and never took action at the time, is it still disputable?

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15239 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Is that playerbase really that low so you have to start unbanning cheaters?

Meh.

38ceX7a.png

Pragmatix

Pragmatix

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts
  • Joined 19-May 09

I would literally uninstall APB

I get it, you're pissed because they've been taking advantage of us that follow the rules for too long. However, some people can change for the better when given the opportunity. I'm sure most will start cheating again, but a few will probably have learned their lesson.

Okay then, that explains it.

Rana

Rana

Initiate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 19-June 16

Thank you very much tiggs no words.....

:^)

:^)

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3816 posts
  • Joined 07-February 15

Who tf is using cheats so outdated that they get caught by PB

Ia8NHrf.png

akathemangoman

akathemangoman

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 30-October 12

Have you been banned in the last 30 days for cheating from Punk buster?  We have some good news for you, we're going to remove all Punk buster bans that happened from September 1st 2016 to today.  Now it's up to you to prove you can play without an unfair advantage over other players.  We hope that you've learned your lesson, and look forward to seeing you in game. 

Note: 

• If your account was multiple banned which means by Punk buster and Fair fight, or for another TOS violation and Punk buster, your account will not be unbanned. 
  • Do not contact support to be unbanned, this will be completed over the next hour and an email will be sent to your account. 
  • Only those that receive an email are being released. Email can take up to a hour to go out, be patient and again do not contact support or we'll not allow you this chance. 

Thanks tiggs you are awesome!!!

ilr6cEb.jpg

http://akathemangoman.info                                                                                            http://facebook.com/akathemangoman/

Aggression

Aggression

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2650 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

i mean if u got pb banned chances are youre a dumb kid who got slammed for dling a free cheat and now you're slapping yourself over a stupid decision

those people might actually not cheat again. and if they do, they'll just get re-banned. giving people second chances in a game like this is valid as long as the measures to re-ban them if they're just like "lmao this saves me a reroll" are solid.

Who tf is using cheats so outdated that they get caught by PB

moneychixx

Edited by Aggression, 07 October 2016 - 08:31 PM.

cyclebreaker

Enforcer - The Agrotech Company of Tanberia

Criminal - Nekrova International                                                                                      don't make the mistake of taking me more seriously than I take myself.

Snubnose

Snubnose

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Joined 18-December 14

so FF banned a few people falsely in the past banwave and G1 admitted it, but won't face the fact that there have been false positives all along since FF release? (especially in the first few days after release where it was going nuts, and way too triggerhappy)

I'd love to see the reaction of G1 when they'd actually investigate my case that happened over 2 years ago and find out I wasn't cheating at all.

also tiggs, I know you've been speaking of unbanning everyone a few month ago and yes, it was just a thought of you, but you know it can happen and you also know it's not as bad of an idea. sure, some people will cry when cheaters get unbanned (they won't see the positive effects of it and won't care about the falsely banned ones), but these people are ignorant anyways so F them :)

icon_pistol_snubnose.png"flawless", "there are no falsepositives, you got caught", said tiggs. and you all s*cked her d*ck for ages...  YouTube-icon.png

untill you see yourself on FFbans or one of your friends.

f*cking pathetic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)