111 replies to this topic

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1464 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

We've got other ideas too! One I am trying to figure out how it can work is a vote type kicking.  You're in a district, see someone cheating and do a report to kick. So may reports auto kicks someone.   Still trying to figure out the details but it's something I'm tossing around.

https://cdn.meme.am/...es/58237778.jpg

Well, it will keep the golds out of the bronze districts :P

Seriously though, it's a really bad idea to allow players to choose who gets kicked.

You should look for a way to analyze player activity to determine if a player is participating in the mission. Often I get opposed against players who just drive away and never bother to participate. Worst is when the final stage is VIP because then you're stuck sitting there for 15 minutes if you don't restart your game.

Edited by MrHappyPenguin, 05 October 2016 - 08:49 PM.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 1080
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -4852 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

I'd assume there are measures in place to prevent people abusing this feature to have someone kicked regardless of if they think they're cheating (streamsnipers, targeted harassment)?

And would it be disabled for players who do abuse it?

We're still working out all the details but yes we'd have to have a lot of checks in place :)

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

G1 White Knight

G1 White Knight

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4416 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

It just seems like a pointless system imo. I could see the potential abuse for FC, but requiring a mass vote just to kick someone from mission districts seems highly unlikely and only a minor inconvenience if it does finally pass.

Actually, for mission districts.... This might be the tool needed to kick dethreaters out when they are Gold.
IpP4AT3.png

Laugh and take pride that they require coded counter measures to handle all your awesomeness, because their sad, little ego just pales next to the greatness that is you, a true gamer.

BrianRolling

BrianRolling

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10299 posts
  • Joined 06-June 10

You know what also kicks?  :troll_face:

573608f813000001053818c7.jpeg

tumblr_lhnlm4Fmdz1qgb44h_zps10d4dc53.gif

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

What happens if a legit player gets kicked for suspicion and maybe gets banned if he continues to play the way he normally did?

I usually don't believe false positives but I don't know about this one.

maybe the player should stop dethreating for join green district?

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Actually, for mission districts.... This might be the tool needed to kick dethreaters out when they are Gold.

this^ ++++1

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

I'd assume there are measures in place to prevent people abusing this feature to have someone kicked regardless of if they think they're cheating (streamsnipers, targeted harassment)?

And would it be disabled for players who do abuse it?

as for /report fuction, should be.

KawaiPotato

KawaiPotato

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Joined 10-August 14

We've got other ideas too! One I am trying to figure out how it can work is a vote type kicking. You're in a district, see someone cheating and do a report to kick. So may reports auto kicks someone. Still trying to figure out the details but it's something I'm tossing around.

58237778.jpg

I can already see all the trolls toward the streamers, alot of streamers will get kicked for false reports...

KawaiPotato | Envious | Crim | R255 | Citadel

Loped | me bad no london | Enf | R24X | Citadel

★Narnia★

★Narnia★

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Joined 21-May 13

u21fstc.png

let call this future option * the Silvers Revenge* sound  good no ?

Edited by ★Narnia★, 05 October 2016 - 09:57 PM.

GLLm8EQ.jpg

TheFreelancer

TheFreelancer

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Joined 09-February 12

It's a warning shot, "we know you're cheating and now so does everyone else". If they keep it up they're gone. I'm trying to look into different options of letting people make better decisions before they lose their accounts that they have spent $$ on and cry to support.

Why is there no like button for your posts :(

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

u21fstc.png

let call this future option * the Silvers Revenge* sound  good no ?

maybe you could go to gold district with all your "pro" challengers and avoid any unfair hackusations. (and relative kick) 

i am sure match between gold will be very "skilled" and total "legit" ***

*** or not?

Edited by Queen of Love, 05 October 2016 - 10:33 PM.

Sayoree

Sayoree

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Joined 26-June 14

You're in a district, see someone cheating and do a report to kick. So may reports auto kicks someone.  

Dear god. No. Please no.

Kids will abuse it.

You can't expect this "community"  to self-moderate themselves responsibly.

Edited by Sayoree, 05 October 2016 - 10:48 PM.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

I wonder how its going to work just like csgo or quake live?

Vote by: (playerName)

Kick player: (playername?)

f1= yes f2=no

well anyone whos going to abused this system on me is 100% going to be recorded + sent to via support ticket = 1000% ban.

Vote by:Goldie Tryhard

Kick player: Silver with no ATAC or 120 fps on 5.000$ PC

F1= Yes , git gud nub

F2= No, i am not a bu77s77

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Dear god. No. Please no.

Kids will abuse it.

You can't expect this "community"  to self-moderate themselves responsibly.

Poor dethreaters kicked so badly from bronze !    _(ç__ç, )_

Really, try to avoid osmaw ,volcano or opgl sometime.

SanityFlex

SanityFlex

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Joined 20-January 12

We've got other ideas too! One I am trying to figure out how it can work is a vote type kicking.  You're in a district, see someone cheating and do a report to kick. So may reports auto kicks someone.   Still trying to figure out the details but it's something I'm tossing around. 

58237778.jpg

That is such an excellent idea!

I recommend you do something like "if more than 10% of the current district's players report said player within 15 minutes", it should trigger a menu from top mid like a group invite that says "Votekick for cheating?" and then 70% has to vote yes.

Also if more than 50% vote no, said requirement for reports should be raised. So that a player can have certain standings for a limited time, like:

Low (10% of current district has to report)

Regular (15% of current district has to report)

Trusted (20% of current district has to report)

And also vote percentage

Low (60% has to vote yes)

Regular (70% has to vote yes)

Trusted (80% has to vote yes)

You could also make it a seperate vote, so that you can vote:

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. No, this player is legit.

And i also think a specific amount of players should have to vote for a person to be trusted, before said person can get that status. 

This is such a great idea, since this would surely give us a way to break the hackers enormous egos, whilst giving the community the ability to fix the hacker problem themselves.

I also think it's very important to have a solution for streamers who may get harassed by votekicks.

Also a specific amount of time should pass before the kicked player can rejoin a district.

Edited by SanityFlex, 06 October 2016 - 12:30 PM.

Votekick System For APB          Add A Legendary Grenade          Mod ideas          Easy VIP Mission Fix          Add Forfeit System

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18380 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

So we are all now allowed to cheat once? :troll_face:

Anyways, i am against the votekick, that seriously will go wrong you know this community abuses everything you give them. Unfortunately with great power comes great abuse in here :/

on the other hand if they would use it responsible, at events like halloween where you always find people glitching themselves into bugged places it would be a nice thing to have.

a good try may be giving some trusted people these rights for such votes which use it repsonsible and are willing to take screenshots (just to backup the reason they use a kick), because it could also be used against people writing stupid stuff like wishing cancer to others or abusing said halloween bugged areas.

if it works and these people use it good some of them "doing it right" may be granted temp ban rights ontop. But seriously this will need you to filter these people correctly.

Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

L10P

L10P

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Joined 21-July 15

Does this mean people who got Banned  in the past can have a second chance to play the game legit but still be flagged and watched ? .

As if your giving everyone a chance now should they not get the same treatment specially if they have high ranking accounts .

I have a Buddy that regrets the day he cheated and only did it because he was getting wrecked by cheaters everyday and he says he just had enough , 

True or not i would like to play with him again 

TheJellyGoo

TheJellyGoo

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2935 posts
  • Joined 02-August 11

Hahaha ... hah those last two posts.... hue...no just to sad to even laugh about...

edit: Now only the last one

Edited by The Peanut, 06 October 2016 - 07:41 PM.

R.I.P. 14.10.2015 The Death of the 'God of Death'. G1, you destroyed it's Soul!

Citadel: Nanmin >< | Shinto ><

Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 480 posts
  • Joined 31-August 13

Yeah from the sound of it and thats my issue, what if its picking up (for example) perfect fire rate (joker spaming) and confusing it with macro. I dont want to be banned for something i didnt do, ive always thought people worried about false bans for suspect macro'ing was paranoia, but even im getting alil ansie. Its happened a couple of times so i guess im in the clear but what else could it be... kane'n able ??

For the record, it is 100% impossible to maintain a 100% perfect fire rate 100% all the time. If you can, you aren't human. Don't worry about it

As a deity once said: "You're not a criminal if nobody finds out"

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 18380 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

No, seriosuly, that just needs a tiny "if" in the code and disable the ability to ready up. problem solved.

Edited by LilyV3, 06 October 2016 - 01:42 AM.

Posted Image
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

Pragmatix

Pragmatix

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts
  • Joined 19-May 09

I believe everyone deserve a second chance when it comes to almost everything, but it is honestly bittersweet reading that they get a slap on the wrist when they should be banned instantly. Everyone can download cheats, it's a none effort thing. And some of us has the means to even make hacks or afford custom ones if we wanted to.

Oh well. Lets hope they learn from their mistakes.

Nefarious

Nefarious

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1226 posts
  • Joined 22-January 12

Someone ELI5 how the coding works that it's impossible for the dev team to deliver an instakick/ban for someone speeding?

Or rather, why won't it work with APB's code?Doesn't sound like a very difficult thing to do or sort out with a tool such as FF.

Muscle

Muscle

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1341 posts
  • Joined 27-March 12

this sounds Interesting, I gather that the total hour account playtime will be taken to account? or money spend on the account? 

are the full blatant cheaters still going to be 1 chance wrecked By FF?  

Vanille

Vanille

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4116 posts
  • Joined 10-October 12

For some reason I have this scenario in my head about some edgelord loser doing fake snaps hoping to get kicked for suspected cheating, just so he can improve his e-peen by saying he's "too good for the system". Yes, I am calling it right now, it will happen.

Edited by Vanille, 06 October 2016 - 02:06 AM.

vLm

vLm

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Joined 08-June 16

For some reason I have this scenario in my head about some edgelord loser doing fake snaps hoping to get kicked for suspected cheating, just so he can improve his e-peen by saying he's "too good for the system". Yes, I am calling it right now, it will happen.

this wont happen though as FF is able to distinguish between a fake snap and a robotic snap to a target.
misanthropist.

Vanille

Vanille

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4116 posts
  • Joined 10-October 12

this wont happen though as FF is able to distinguish between a fake snap and a robotic snap to a target.

Well, it was more about the idea of someone actually trying to do it for e-peen, than it actually happening.

• vLm likes this

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

So we are all now allowed to cheat once? :troll_face:

Anyways, i am against the votekick, that seriously will go wrong you know this community abuses everything you give them. Unfortunately with great power comes great abuse in here :/

on the other hand if they would use it responsible, at events like halloween where you always find people glitching themselves into bugged places it would be a nice thing to have.

a good try may be giving some trusted people these rights for such votes which use it repsonsible and are willing to take screenshots (just to backup the reason they use a kick), because it could also be used against people writing stupid stuff like wishing cancer to others or abusing said halloween bugged areas.

if it works and these people use it good some of them "doing it right" may be granted temp ban rights ontop. But seriously this will need you to filter these people correctly.

this^

with some level of power ranking:

• Executioner Level: never banned , more than 3000h of gameplay,at least silver threat = can kick everyone, in less than 1 second. ^-^ (like me!) if 10 kicks are injustifyed ,rank down.
  • Judge Level :never perma-banned, more than 1000 less than 3000, at least silver threat = can kick until rank 195 in less than 1 second :P  if 5 kicks are injustifyed  ,rank down.
  • Jury Level:never perma-banned, more than 100 and less than 1000h, at least silver threat = can kick until rank 100 in less than 1 minute. (O_o)  if 2 kicks are injustifyed rank down.
  • Witness Level: never  perma-banned and never flagged as suspiciuos cheat, less than 100 h ,at least silver threat = canT kick no one, just play and git gud. (ç_ç) one day will be ranked up

Gro

Gro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1127 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11

DId someone say "vote"?

ZL1BlXB.jpg

UubeNubeh DaWog

UubeNubeh DaWog

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1981 posts
  • Joined 19-August 12

<snip>

You keep saying that like FF one day up and decides to ban someone.

FF is watching all the time think of being in the big brother house, or under surveillance. You're literally being watched all the time and any evidence you have, they have in 10x more detail.

Why do people talk about FF like its not there all the time? Every second its running its adding information, details, evidence.

Ie: your evidence doesn't mean anything, because they have the actual evidence of everything that happens to a character at any given moment. When someone starts cheating, they cheat while being watched. Its like denying you broke the law while being caught on camera.

Reason why they don't take videos anymore, they're useless. If there's any information worth looking at, its on their end.

I'm actually done with this mess. Just make me a forum mod so we can have SOMEONE with some competence around here.

Gangbang

Gangbang

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Joined 06-February 16

We've got other ideas too! One I am trying to figure out how it can work is a vote type kicking.  You're in a district, see someone cheating and do a report to kick. So may reports auto kicks someone.   Still trying to figure out the details but it's something I'm tossing around. 

That's bad idea, because we have to not forget players who hackusates everyone even newbie bronzes in their bronzes districts

DreAmGirL

DreAmGirL

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Joined 19-July 11

i would restore that banned sc**b dog to his place by voting... give it to us :D

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

That's bad idea, because we have to not forget players who hackusates everyone even newbie bronzes in their bronzes districts

join a pro gold district, so nobody will hackuse you.

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 18380 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

didn't that already happen with people who tried to show how legit snaps look like got nbanned later just to cover up their cheats and claimed the same? That attemp was already there. But they failed to blame the system.

Posted Image
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

Yukate

Yukate

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1172 posts
  • Joined 20-June 13
Cool idea, VarmieN approves!

BPaUWGC.png
Citadel EU | Obeya EU1 - 
VarmieN [Crime] | Yukate [Enfo]

Helping newbies... Some1 need :> kappa

UubeNubeh DaWog

UubeNubeh DaWog

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1981 posts
  • Joined 19-August 12

<snip>

You have less evidence than they do.
You haven't proved anything wrong. You constantly make up reasons why G1 would have a personal vendetta against you and its all mommy. There is no reason to ban a perfectly legit clean person playing by the rules.

There is always a number of people that should end up being banned when ban waves happen and they don't, but they turn up later.

You literally cant just ignore that FF watches you because that is their law enforcement which is far more credible than anyone that plays this game.

I'm actually done with this mess. Just make me a forum mod so we can have SOMEONE with some competence around here.

Obvious Lesbian

Obvious Lesbian

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4130 posts
  • Joined 28-July 14

'vote kick by reports'

That idea wouldn't really be too great considering the current community.

qBJ6qeZ.png?1

Emotional - Burvington

KattFallon

KattFallon

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Joined 03-October 15

I was kicked yesterday still waiting on support to reply but this is the 2nd time I was kicked in a week, obviously I am not cheating and my account was unbanned earlier this week --- not sure what happened yesterday or why I was banned again  :(

Edited by KattFallon, 06 October 2016 - 06:16 AM.

255 Crim ~ KattFallon

200 Enforcer ~ xKattx

|| D I V I N U S ||

Haganu

Haganu

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3677 posts
  • Joined 22-June 14

we could use some GMs to kick glitchers

now if GMs only existed in yurop...

<snip>
You have less evidence than they do.
You haven't proved anything wrong. You constantly make up reasons why G1 would have a personal vendetta against you and its all mommy. There is no reason to ban a perfectly legit clean person playing by the rules.

There is always a number of people that should end up being banned when ban waves happen and they don't, but they turn up later.

You literally cant just ignore that FF watches you because that is their law enforcement which is far more credible than anyone that plays this game.

On the other hand, the video you have there in that spoiler says absolutely nothing about Deadliest illegitimacy. 

Lust, Wrath, Envy, Pride, Greed, Gluttony and Sloth

JRavtd5.png

Haganu - Criminal | - - - - - - Symbols by LarsJack on DeviantArt, remade and made bodypaint off of them ingame. - - - - - - | Matoii - Enforcer  

G1 White Knight

G1 White Knight

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4416 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

For the record, it is 100% impossible to maintain a 100% perfect fire rate 100% all the time. If you can, you aren't human. Don't worry about it

Pffffffffffffffffffffft. I can. I hold down LMB, my gun fires. 100% of the time.

Perfect fire rate.

IpP4AT3.png

Laugh and take pride that they require coded counter measures to handle all your awesomeness, because their sad, little ego just pales next to the greatness that is you, a true gamer.

PersianCheetah

PersianCheetah

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Joined 01-August 12

Pffffffffffffffffffffft. I can. I hold down LMB, my gun fires. 100% of the time.

Perfect fire rate.

not on semi-autos ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users