366 replies to this topic

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -4881 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Howdy!

I’m not much of a blogging gal, but I’m trying my best. Here is what has happened since our last blog post. Click here to read the full blog post. 

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Nitronik

Nitronik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3014 posts
  • Joined 08-March 12

"dotitlesmatter.html"

A++ for effort

Nitronik4ever / ElSalus - Citadel EU   \\\    ReggaeJones - Jericho NA

Zian

Zian

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13

Can you make hackers a priority? Given the last two days, it's been pretty terrible. I had to grit my teeth while playing in asylum, and last night was a major sign that there needs to be countermeasures taken after GMs are out for the night. 

There were three hackers on the enforcer side, and anyone with enough time put in this game could see that they were blatant.

Edited by Zian, 16 August 2016 - 04:06 PM.

Visionaireh

Visionaireh

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Joined 16-January 15

POPULAR

"Complete the Engine Upgrade and no content releases"

There ya go.

Weajh // Enforcer // WASP // Citadel // R255

Nouveh // Criminal // Citadel // R255

Naugladur // Criminal // Citadel // R110

SuperToaster

SuperToaster

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2496 posts
  • Joined 03-June 11

"Complete the Engine Upgrade and no content releases"

There ya go.

Pretty much

7auoeeI.png?1

Open for commissions

Examples on my Twitter

planeswalker

planeswalker

Initiate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 28-June 14

Engine upgrade.  It should be priority number one.  Many people are waiting on it and with in place, it should allow content to be made easier.  (Per some long lost post.)

Yukari R255 LGN Enforcer

Nitronik

Nitronik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3014 posts
  • Joined 08-March 12

ok ok, as for actually contributing :

We used to get some nice blog posts about the Engine Upgrade a couple years ago, where we were also shown abominations such as this :

http://3.bp.blogspot.../blog_img_1.jpg

It'd be nice to have similiar posts regarding PC and PS4 porting progress

Edited by Nitronik, 16 August 2016 - 04:12 PM.

Nitronik4ever / ElSalus - Citadel EU   \\\    ReggaeJones - Jericho NA

RubyGee

RubyGee

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts
  • Joined 10-January 14

Thanks a lot Tiggs :3 !

Edited by HeelSapphire, 23 September 2016 - 04:48 AM.

QjSCrfb.png   POUIC

FX-6300 @4.6 GHz // Radeon R9 290 stock @1050 MHz // HyperX Fury DDR3 8GB @2190 MHz

"It's got a soul."   VEGA

Sodium

Sodium

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts
  • Joined 26-November 14

Thank you Roby for making that video. HEEEEEEE MACARENA!

As for the Community Discussion... 

• Complete the Engine Upgrade and no content releases  icon-feature.png
  • Put the Engine Upgrade to the side and release new content red-cross-16x16.png
  • Define what you feel would be new content  red-cross-16x16.png
  • Other thoughts and suggestions? red-cross-16x16.png

MySodiuM 14px-twitch-icon.png

Realization ; notSodium ; PRlMOVlCTORlA ;  (Citadel) 

CarolHawke

CarolHawke

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • Joined 21-January 14
  • Complete the Engine Upgrade and no content releases 

CarolHawke | Enforcer | R255 | Citadel (EU) | Blonde

Dressed To Thrill

Fasalina

Fasalina

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Joined 20-February 15
Engine upgrade obviously.

Citadel

Fasalina 255 Enforcer | Ysana 255 Criminal

Scotish_Harpy

Scotish_Harpy

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Joined 18-November 12

YoLandii

YoLandii

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1803 posts
  • Joined 12-November 10

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6976 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10

Here’s a good one I’d love your thoughts on: What would be your priority for the rest of the year if you were calling the shots?  Tell us here

• Put the Engine Upgrade to the side and release new content
  • Define what you feel would be new content
  • Other thoughts and suggestions?

Priority One: Nerf low yields.

Priority Two: revert the sprint shoot patch for slow firerate guns like the Obir & Scout pls !!!

Priority Three: Complete the Engine Upgrade and no content releases

Balance isn't a big deal, but having an Open or Public test district is a great idea. I really hope u guys stick with that, and give testers an incentive to help the dev team. 

Edited by PogoTheClown, 16 August 2016 - 04:37 PM.

thrown.

thrown.

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1220 posts
  • Joined 12-January 13

New content would be something that anyone that plays the game can obtain, not behind a paywall. MMO's live and die by end-game content, and APB is severely lacking. Contacts/Progression should be the next main priority after the engine upgrade. We've been stuck at the rank cap 255 now since spring 2013, that's over 3 years. Some effort from the next "potential" vehicle kit/clothing pack could go to pad the progression rewards for the next tier of contacts.

Other thoughts, you're doing much better as a CM Tiggs, so kudos to you, and that was earned. Please understand that the die hard fans of the game only vent their frustration because they want to see the game succeed as much as the company itself.

Finally, as far as a personal suggestion I'd love to see a contest like in the old days where the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners are awarded a weapon of their choice, with their own custom tagger on it. (I can diversify more if needed)

Thanks for the update blog, and please check on a new loyalty reward at your earliest convenience, It's a very nice gesture for the high dollar spenders like myself, and I'm sure It's appreciated by all.

Regarding the older content in the game files, I'm not even 100% sure this exists but it seems like an in-game screenshot (Maybe for unreleased advertising), but can you find anything like a Carbine-SD, or an SR-15 SD as pictured here:

ZKfBtwa.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by \\Thrown\\, 16 August 2016 - 04:37 PM.

due to the injustice of forum mods i am withdrawing from the forums

Uqe

Uqe

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1985 posts
  • Joined 12-May 12

engine upgrade pls lorises are dying

Jericho - Uqe, Signis, Orithia

Dicelz

Dicelz

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Joined 25-July 14
Can you guys shutdown innova and move playerbase here too ?

DiceLz : Enforcer ▒ Diceiz : Criminal - Citadel ▒ Jericho ▒ Han

The bans that are broadcast in-game or on the @APB_FairFight twitter feed are due to players using cheats and getting caught.  For those that are habitual cheaters,  they get moved over to the silent bans eventually.  For those that claim, omg I wasn't cheating... yes, yes you were and you've been caught. For those that emailed in and actually owned up to cheating, good for you for being honest (sucks that you cheated in the first place).

Haatred

Haatred

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Joined 13-March 14

after engine upgrade

after engine upgrade

after engine upgrade

:troll_face: 

kolaman91

kolaman91

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Joined 30-December 14

Complete the Engine Upgrade and no content releases  icon-feature.png

Engine Upgrade Release > Easier to create more content > Profit $$$

Edited by kolaman91, 16 August 2016 - 04:43 PM.

gWsVjM7.jpg

TheJellyGoo

TheJellyGoo

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2933 posts
  • Joined 02-August 11

Complete the Engine Upgrade and no content releases

I thought we are just waiting for PS4 and that the PC is pretty much ready to go? Oh welp.... summer 2017 here we come.

R.I.P. 14.10.2015 The Death of the 'God of Death'. G1, you destroyed it's Soul!

Citadel: Nanmin >< | Shinto ><

DominaLupus

DominaLupus

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1694 posts
  • Joined 11-October 11

Why not work on the engine upgrade and release that second set of contacts from 2014 and that other 2015 vehicle that was talked about but never given any info on. That vehicle and these found "Items" would go great hand and hand.

Edited by DominaLupus, 16 August 2016 - 04:44 PM.

Please bring back the ability to color text posts, White hurts my eyes. Bob's your uncle.

If you want more of my money, Give us the Communication overload you promised us.

As well as finally break all car kits from clothing packs.

Kino

Kino

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1567 posts
  • Joined 09-January 15
For me

Priority One: Look into better anti-cheat or phone number verification to prevent reroll blatants/closets. The ONLY reason why I don't play this game as much as I used to is the cheaters. There's seriously 0 consequence for cheating since they can just make a brand new account and re-enter the game with cheats. I can handle a lot of the issues with this game, (weapon balance, objective location balance, performance issues, toxic community) but the one thing I can't put up with is the cheaters. That's why I'm looking forward to the PS4 Release. Wouldn't be any cheats on that platform. I would prefer to be able to play on PC though. Fix the cheating and I'd be spend plenty more hours on this game again.

Priority two: Engine Upgrade and PS4 release. They've gotta be so close, I'd push those out before making any new content at all.
This game is an awkward joke that you only laugh at out of pity.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7284 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Engine upgrade for sure.

I know it won't do a ton upon release, but I'd rather that than content TBH.

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -4881 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

For me

Priority One: Look into better anti-cheat or phone number verification to prevent reroll blatants/closets. The ONLY reason why I don't play this game as much as I used to is the cheaters. There's seriously 0 consequence for cheating since they can just make a brand new account and re-enter the game with cheats. I can handle a lot of the issues with this game, (weapon balance, objective location balance, performance issues, toxic community) but the one thing I can't put up with is the cheaters. That's why I'm looking forward to the PS4 Release. Wouldn't be any cheats on that platform. I would prefer to be able to play on PC though. Fix the cheating and I'd be spend plenty more hours on this game again.

Let's expand on this a bit.  No anti-cheat is 100%, and free to play games have a tendency to attract more cheaters.   Adding a phone number verification won't solve this problem either, it's easy to obtain a proxy to hide your number.   There is no fool proof method in modern times to stop the rerolls, it's just a matter of slowing them down.  

One way I've seen in the past to cut down on cheaters is a monthly subscription based model, I'm not saying they don't exist in these types of models but they're less in numbers since it costs them to come back.  What's your thoughts on that?  Would you like to see F2P games move to having the subscriber options available? For example, subscriber only servers with perks?  It's something I've always thought about, and I'm just wondering what the communities thoughts are, maybe I should have asked this in a different thread =)   

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

senua

senua

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2287 posts
  • Joined 08-June 15

That video is hilarious. Fave apb video yet. :D

Also: engine upgrade first, please. I'll donate a kidney if that'll help any.

KNickz

KNickz

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3288 posts
  • Joined 10-February 14

Things we’re looking into (this does not mean it will happen; we’re in an exploratory stage)

• District Queuing - We're looking into this. We may be able to salvage some of the older code from the RTW days and make it workable with our modern game client and server.

this is literally just adding more days to the engine

much appreciated but dont

but hey maybe after another year or 4 when the engine is out this would be a great idea!

Edited by KNickz, 16 August 2016 - 05:07 PM.

Its funny too because they've never quite replaced me. They just keep recycling my work 8)

APB Reloaded, the only game where the US is better than EU at being criminals.

RubyGee

RubyGee

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts
  • Joined 10-January 14

Would you like to see F2P games move to having the subscriber options available?

Please no :c !  APB won't be world's best F2P anymore if this happens :/

QjSCrfb.png   POUIC

FX-6300 @4.6 GHz // Radeon R9 290 stock @1050 MHz // HyperX Fury DDR3 8GB @2190 MHz

"It's got a soul."   VEGA

Hexerin

Hexerin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1499 posts
  • Joined 05-June 15
Find a way to make the queue work, put the engine update on hold if you have to. Should have been added to the game years ago, even if coded from scratch. The spam-clicking is just so damn frustrating.

Moving on...

Here's hoping you actually have the loyalty rewards dev teach you how to add to the list, and start adding stuff to the list. You don't even need to find unreleased content, you could literally just add vanilla content at low G1C amounts and still make a TON of people happy. Veterans who own better content can just trash the filler stuff, but newer players (or low-spending F2P) would benefit enormously.

Should also look into adding secondary weapons, vehicles, clothing, etc to loyalty rewards. That would open up a myriad of new potential marketing options, and would also give the veterans something they've been asking for forever (account-bound vehicles and clothing).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, some shameless self-advertisement:

Spoiler

Edited by Hexerin, 16 August 2016 - 05:15 PM.

If you act like an idiot, you'll just get tossed on /ignore and forgotten. Feel free to waste your time trying to get me to care!

SW1FT

SW1FT

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • Joined 08-July 12

Let's expand on this a bit.  No anti-cheat is 100%, and free to play games have a tendency to attract more cheaters.   Adding a phone number verification won't solve this problem either, it's easy to obtain a proxy to hide your number.   There is no fool proof method in modern times to stop the rerolls, it's just a matter of slowing them down.  

One way I've seen in the past to cut down on cheaters is a monthly subscription based model, I'm not saying they don't exist in these types of models but they're less in numbers since it costs them to come back.  What's your thoughts on that?  Would you like to see F2P games move to having the subscriber options available? For example, subscriber only servers with perks?  It's something I've always thought about, and I'm just wondering what the communities thoughts are, maybe I should have asked this in a different thread =)   

Too late for a subscription based model for this game. Even if it was just a Premium+ feature only for a set of districts like Prime matchmaking in CS:GO, I don't see people buying this just to play with/against "legit" players. Also, what makes you think a person that pays monthly for a cheat won't pay for this Premium+ feature?

m2nGaOE.png

悲しい春

悲しい春

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Joined 29-December 13

Don't listen to people talking about anti-cheat, they're scrubs (no offense). Fairfight is amazing at doing what it's doing, a lot better than it was back in the days.
But seriously, if you want this game to survive, focus everything you got on releasing the PC Engine update ASAP. The console ports won't save the game, the PC version will.

P C  E N G I N E  U P G R A D E  S H O U L D   B E  Y O U R  M A I N  P R I O R I T Y .

Edited by 悲しい春, 16 August 2016 - 06:10 PM.

Fasalina

Fasalina

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Joined 20-February 15

Let's expand on this a bit. No anti-cheat is 100%, and free to play games have a tendency to attract more cheaters. Adding a phone number verification won't solve this problem either, it's easy to obtain a proxy to hide your number. There is no fool proof method in modern times to stop the rerolls, it's just a matter of slowing them down.

One way I've seen in the past to cut down on cheaters is a monthly subscription based model, I'm not saying they don't exist in these types of models but they're less in numbers since it costs them to come back. What's your thoughts on that? Would you like to see F2P games move to having the subscriber options available? For example, subscriber only servers with perks? It's something I've always thought about, and I'm just wondering what the communities thoughts are, maybe I should have asked this in a different thread =)

Love the idea, but i'd only pay for it if the servers werent lagging either.

Edited by Fasalina, 16 August 2016 - 05:20 PM.

Citadel

Fasalina 255 Enforcer | Ysana 255 Criminal

Selias

Selias

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Joined 06-December 10

Why not work on the engine upgrade and release that second set of contacts from 2014 and that other 2015 vehicle that was talked about but never given any info on. That vehicle and these found "Items" would go great hand and hand.

How?  Are they going to magically receive more devs that have knowledge of the inner workings of the contacts AND the engine upgrade?

I vote for:

Tiggs, I recall hearing a suggestion from one of my past clannies that I felt had merit.  Why not at the time of creating an account, require that a credit card be placed on file and charging them a set amount per account?  And if they are caught cheating, place the credit card on a black list?  This will  prolly take a lot more time.. but it could make it difficult for cheaters to continually create accounts..

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7188 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

First create the tools necessary to provide better and faster content.

So even I would have to agree to fully go bunkers on the Engine.

Maybe buy to play and have a subscriber option?

5 euro tops to buy it, excluding the people that already bought stuff on APB of course or have been playing this game for years already.

Although I guess you have to extend the customization from the non premium folk if you did that.

Personally I'm not really sure that APB could take that hit for going buy to play though.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Zian

Zian

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Joined 27-June 13

Tiggs, turning this subscription based before removing the current problem would be more of a detriment, than a benefit. 

With the amount of microtransactions in this game, you should already have the funds to combat the problem. Trying to turn this game subscription based is only adding another avenue for your company to make money without taking the extra effort to do what can easily be done. You'll only be making legitimate players pay for a broken game, that has needed an update for years. While we have already been supporting this game through ARMAS by buying account bound weapons which can cost up to $50.00 USD per transaction.   

It's nice that you throw newish guns into the game, and have given us more communication from your end. But when RTW tried subscription based, it failed horribly. Right now this game is potential to that goal, but it is not subscription worthy at the moment. MAC or VAC bans would likely slow down the cheating problems, and you will lose a huge portion of your community at first. But at least it will be a beginning to cleaning up this game. Fairfight does nothing except catch the players that are using free hacks, or simple non-subscription type programs.

You'd also see an indirect positive effect upon the level of toxicity within this community. Mostly because it's no secret that cheaters like to fan the flames that are already burning the foundation of this game to ash. Your priorities with player vs player harassment would likely be reduced to about 10%, getting rid of your daily headaches with racism, homophobia, transphobia, etc.. This would eventually also bring back adult gamers to this game, seeing as I keep bumping into children like Leahi on VOIP calling people "*****" and "tranny". 

If you're going to propose anything close to a effortless solution, you need to establish threat segregation back into the game. At the end of the day, dethreaters are going to do their best to get out of that district, but it will take a longer time to do so. At least then cheaters will be caged in a district, rather than have the ability to freely torture newer players. 

Edited by Zian, 16 August 2016 - 05:39 PM.

checkem

checkem

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1468 posts
  • Joined 16-January 12

DAMNIT TIGS YOU MADE ME LOG IN

COMPLETE ENGINE UPGRADE NO UPDATES. JUST GIVE US SOME REALLY GOOD EXCLUSIVE ARMAS SALES FOR THE TIME BEING

Reloaded Productions: We make sniper rifles for a living

Vipertechs

Vipertechs

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2516 posts
  • Joined 23-June 12

Completing the engine upgrade has to be first priority. Get it done so that it is easier to move forward with other things.

Getting involved with the community does not necessarily mean spamming broken events. The joker store needs a revamp; new items, properly displayed so you can see what it is you would be buying. There are a bunch of talented designers still playing!

More visible GM presence would be desirable. Not all the time - we know why they have to be in stealth mode most of the time, but firstly it would reassure legit players and secondly cheaters are cowards and a more visible presence would help. (Ever see traffic all slow down because there is a police car cruising at the speed limit?)

Frosi

Frosi

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1200 posts
  • Joined 09-May 12
I think alot of us have stopped caring about content releases. The game in itself with what it has now is fine (With some exceptions like the HVR, ATAC, Remote det and yolos) and doesnt need more additions as of right now.

At this point most of the playerbase just wants a game that is well optimized and can actually run without the massive fps dips we are having right now.

So i'd say it would be a wise choice to simply stop with the content updates and focus on the Engine Upgrade.

2772310b11.png

Dutch_Experience

Dutch_Experience

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Joined 13-August 14

The priority list should be as follows:

1. More effective anti-cheat against blatant cheaters and SOL (lol?)

2. Engine upgrade and improved server stability/netcode

3. Improved matchmaking system and threats (and new levels?)

4. Rebalancing some weapons here and there, removing percs and tweaking low yields. Edit: Remote detonotar delay +x.xx seconds

5. New content, all you could wish for... Maps, money, game modes etc.   :)

Might seem like a long way to new content but it's not too bad.

1. Only needs tweaking some settings and enabling automatic temporarily fairfight bans aswell (Everybody wants this)

2. Well, not sure how much longer that'll take...

3. Needs some feedback from the community and a good system (What would actually work?)

4. True Ogre, PMG, Atac etc.

It's certainly the right way to go for APB. And please make fairfight an automatic system for blatants and ban more obvious closets... Even if it's a temporarily ban at first I'm not complaining. As long as hey don't screw over my entire gameplay and cause me to rage quit once again...

Edited by Dutch_Experience, 16 August 2016 - 06:13 PM.

Spoiler

SamK

SamK

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • Joined 18-August 14

Engine upgrade. We've waited with delays long enough. :|

That being said, I'd also like it if the devs looked into getting more free clothing items for both factions. The clothing looks like it was designed in 2003 to be honest, and all the paid clothing is so much better.

Enforcer   |   Jericho   |   Fake gold   |   I've discovered that I'm bad. :ninjalook:

BetaAlanine

BetaAlanine

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1855 posts
  • Joined 11-June 08
Thats great!
Start with the noob protection and go on with the engine upgrade nothing kills ur playerbase faster than car surfing r255 silvers with osmaws vs Ts and bronzes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users