14 replies to this topic

Aeronaut

Aeronaut

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5174 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11
I'll preface this by saying I know this is probably overly ambitious for one person and that this might be a waste of my time.

APBHouse.com will hopefully become a go-to stop for tips, tricks, guides and news.

There is still a LOT of work to be done, and it clearly reflects on the website. I was going to hold off announcing this until I had some sort of respectable amount of work done, but I think it's more important to gauge interest, and know what needs to be added and worked on.

I'll list out my goals and progress here and provide an update log on the website somewhere. This is by no means a complete list of what is to be done. 

Goals and progress -
complete weapons/modifications/vehicles analysis articles - small amount of progress
need to add tables to where they currently don't exist.
create a table of contents of some sort, would make browsing easier
optimize text content for readability and entertainment - ongoing
need header image could use a better one, but this'll do for now
design related stuff
add ingame
promote content creators by adding a separate page. will be a catalogue that shows a featured picture they might want up. clicking on it will show their youtube page and a small bio/description of what they offer.

currently working on -
creating list of contacts and their unlocks
progress halted on statistics of things, will work on other things on the mean time

8/31/16 - currently making gifs for articles 
  • Crosshairs
  • Insta-enter vehicles
  • Slowly entering in-game descriptions of weapons.

9/19/16

• going to start working on implementing the official home page.
  • it will have categories available to navigate through with big words and pretty pictures. i might even go a step further and add some fancy animations
  • blog posts will actually be used properly

Edited by Aeronaut, 19 September 2016 - 01:26 AM.

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4051 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

AdBlock disabled :P

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

Lewd

Lewd

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Joined 04-December 15

Not to be rude or anything, this concept is nice. But shouldn't you try to find a better name? APBHouse honestly sounds like a betting website. You might aswell go with APBLotto or APBWild at this point.

• eax likes this

quoDTUt.png

Aeronaut

Aeronaut

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5174 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11

Not to be rude or anything, this concept is nice. But shouldn't you try to find a better name? APBHouse honestly sounds like a betting website. You might aswell go with APBLotto or APBWild at this point.

i can't believe gambling has ruined the innocence of houses...

what names would you recommend? 

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7185 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

It's not bad but. . . I'm not exactly sure who this is aimed at I guess?

It obviously isn't aimed at experienced players, as it doesn't have any really interesting information, but it isn't accessible and doesn't have information that easily consumable enough to help newbies.

Like, for example, yes, the RFP is technically 26 STK at 50m, yeah, but if you say that to someone who doesn't understand what's up already, they're going to assume that means they need to press LMB 26 times to kill someone at that range (not that the RFP is good at 50m, but it's not that bad.)

Or like, if you say the ACT-44, ". . . only seems to perform well for me in a certain range between the close and medium area," that means nothing to a newbie, and certainly doesn't mean to them as something more descriptive along the lines of, idk, "While the ACT-44 is technically capable of achieving 4 shot kills at up to 72m, it is disproportionately lacking in accuracy as compared to it's technical ~70m range, and this gun is primarily effective somewhere between 40-60m," which, while not amazing since I'm not going to bother to write a guide on the ACT-44 ATM, actually tells someone how to use the gun instead of giving vague information that relies on prior knowledge of APB (in the example excerpt from your post, referring to close/medium range, which, as I discovered recently, is vague even to APB veterans, and that's not even considering the fact that many of us consider range descriptors to be different for secondaries.)

TL;DR: I don't mind the idea, but I'm not sure who you're aiming to help.

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

Aeronaut

Aeronaut

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5174 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11

@Kewlin

Yeah, I was stuck at trying to write for weapons because of how range can different from player to player. I was planning to do something along the lines of a video or gif to demonstrate but wasn't sure which one, if any, was better.

Allie

Allie

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts
  • Joined 19-February 13

1800-Aerotips-555

If you do make the site. I hope new players will find it. Most of them avoid forums due to the salty veterans stomping on their ideas and opinions. So I really do hope they will find the site.

Best of luck. If you need incentives from people for on the site, make sure to let it be known. :P (as you've said, it seems a little ambitious for one person.)

icon_shotgun_nfas.pngicon_rifle_oscar.png9iWYS3B.png?1P4D7AON.png?1icon_assaultrifle_vespatactical.pngicon_assaultrifle_star_pink.pngicon_sniperrifle_hvr243_purple.pngicon_smg_oca_sd_whisper_purple.png766n0yM.png?1BhcVPGY.png?1vmqgGpC.png?1icon_rifle_obeyabattlerifle_bipod_gold.picon_lightmachinegun_ssw_gold.pngicon_sniperrifle_ncr762_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa-jb_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa_gold.pnghywy7is.png?1X8z09bb.png?1icon_pistol_colbyclassic.pngicon_pistol_snubnose_pink.pngicon_ltl_tazer.pngicon_pistol_nano_gold.pngyev6KIJ.png?1icon_grenade_ltl.png9H0r7U1.pngfnmod_character_blowtorch.png

Citadel (EU)                                                                  

Futaku q2aboCp.png?1 *******(old) XACMtje.png?1  xAllie 03bCAtj.png?1  | Valentines 2017: Permanent cherubs.icon_reward_vinyl.png fnmod_weapon_4roundburst.png fnmod_character_hardlanding.png

Lewd

Lewd

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Joined 04-December 15

what names would you recommend? 

APBLounge :troll_face:

quoDTUt.png

SixxstagesofMajik

SixxstagesofMajik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4535 posts
  • Joined 28-March 15

Nice finally made post here on it did mention you to as would get more viewage :P

Majikal PC Tweaks
How bad i get serious, can talk about Trump gosh darn the politics with the Syrians
You wanna ban immigrants? Start with your wife
You wanna end wih some bullshoot? Start with your life
Before ya judge think

Aggression

Aggression

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2649 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

i think if anything you should try to make it hyper focused on complete new players

this game has absolutely awful player retention rate because a huge amount of the game just has to be learned through experience

I know people who are like "where do I go to see what guns are good how do I know what guns are good or bad" and the only answer is "ask the community but then again most of them are idiots so they might give you the wrong info"

so with that in mind "tons of info specifically designed to get new players up to speed with the average silver without giving them personal opinions like "bruh the oca is op bc i die to it and the ntec is bad cause it got nerfed a while back" 

things to consider; a guide on finding the best sensitivity for you, something involving 'how to stay in cover when you can', picture examples of 'how to park your car so you skip the animation to get in it' etc

Edited by Aggression, 16 August 2016 - 08:51 PM.

apb stuff

Enforcer - The Agrotech Company of Tanberia

Criminal - Nekrova International                                                                                      don't make the mistake of taking me more seriously than I take myself.

Nevv

Nevv

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Joined 10-January 15

Categories & such could be a bit more organized.

For me, it's pretty cluttered. Glad to see a new project related to APB though :)

Jericho - Nokoe (Criminal) // Nevv (Enforcer)

Steam  //  ‎¥outube

thelinux

thelinux

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1340 posts
  • Joined 25-December 13

Very good idea.

I personally think the layout/structure could use some elaboration. Especially regarding the weapon section, I guess the purpose is providing what consumers are looking for as promptly as possible, super stylish/modern layout isn't quite top priority here and noone should have to scroll through literally everything. - I'd personally rather keep it clean and simple (apbdb might look "old" but works very well for this part).

It would be great if you could come up with a balanced mixture between a stylish, attractive aura (news/tips&tricks page -> new players?) as well as a plain and modest interface (weapons, stats etc.).

As for tips 'n tricks, 'thoughts' on weapons etc., a team of experienced players is indeed a necessity, I sincerely hope you'll get decent support on this. Not sure if I'm eligible for this really, but I might be able to add some bits and bobs, just drop me a msg and I'll give my best.

Avair | thelinux | thellinux | imthelinux - Citadel EU

YouTube <> Steam <> Twitch

xf4tg4.png

Aeronaut

Aeronaut

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5174 posts
  • Joined 29-March 11

Categories & such could be a bit more organized.

For me, it's pretty cluttered. Glad to see a new project related to APB though :)

Sorry! I'm waiting on some information, and as soon as I get all the content-facts filled, they'll be super organized.

Very good idea.

I personally think the layout/structure could use some elaboration. Especially regarding the weapon section, I guess the purpose is providing what consumers are looking for as promptly as possible, super stylish/modern layout isn't quite top priority here and noone should have to scroll through literally everything. - I'd personally rather keep it clean and simple (apbdb might look "old" but works very well for this part).

It would be great if you could come up with a balanced mixture between a stylish, attractive aura (news/tips&tricks page -> new players?) as well as a plain and modest interface (weapons, stats etc.).

As for tips 'n tricks, 'thoughts' on weapons etc., a team of experienced players is indeed a necessity, I sincerely hope you'll get decent support on this. Not sure if I'm eligible for this really, but I might be able to add some bits and bobs, just drop me a msg and I'll give my best.

For sure! Thanks for the input, I'll definitely try integrate what you've said.

dvs

dvs

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Joined 27-December 12

pretty cool stuff, keep it up!

FNgAAnv.png

Support | Code of Conduct | Guidelines

JustAdamTV        

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15183 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

How about APB Vault... RTW planned that for a similar website. :P

38ceX7a.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users