enhancment worthless?

4 replies to this topic

Kitsuki

Kitsuki

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 21-November 14
Ive poured over many builds and never see this line mentioned. Is the extra armor of no use compared to reducers like duck and weave? (in pve/dome)

Edited by Kitsuki, 29 July 2016 - 05:37 AM.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7747 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Duck & Weave works in PVE far more effectively than PVP, as you won't get stamina nuked by most mobs. The linebacker, of course, nukes all resources so that's a thing.

Now the 5% reduction from the stance happens before resists, so a 100 hit will do 95 before doing 38 after 60% resists. So you see, it's not a "huge" difference. Even when it was 10% you'd only see a 4 damage difference. That being said Dodge is nice to reduce critical chance and armor penetration of your enemies, but only really shines in PVP except when fighting mobs with decent critical chance.

Enhancement is far from worthless, as even with GT armor/Helm you will be a bit over 40%. Paste and Enhancement will easily get you to 60%. Enhancement > Duck & Weave.

The only reason D&W used to be so strong was because we had sabotage, bulwark proc, and patho. Especially with sap stamina back, they could probably bring it back to 10%. But I doubt it will happen now.

Dodge is simply a "leftover AP" line, imho, and shines more for it's passive as it has no actives.. :(

Edited by Reaps989, 29 July 2016 - 09:44 AM.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Kitsuki

Kitsuki

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 21-November 14
Wonderful breakdown :) Sorry for the constant questions.. its just I always want to be able understand the "whys" of builds instead just copy them ;)

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7747 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Wonderful breakdown :) Sorry for the constant questions.. its just I always want to be able understand the "whys" of builds instead just copy them ;)

At this point the only way not to copy builds is to go to extremes.

Even then, every build has been done... the question is who did it the best and how? I'll probably be doing more videos in the upcoming weeks.

On a side note of D&W, every 100 points of damage period to resists is reduced by 5.

So a sniper doing a charge shot with an argumentation rifle to the head... we will say 419.9 (AP sniper before resists.

The damage will be reduced by 20.9 prior to resists. So based on a 60% primary and 28% tertiary resist spread, prior to factoring D&W the damage is 399 total. So 17.784 electric damage and 158.08 ballistic after resists. Thus a total of 176 damage.

So with D&W you're going to reduce this damage by 5% before resists. The augmentation damage is reduced by 1.235 and the ballistic damage by 19.76. Thus brings our damage total to 375.44 ballistic and 23.465 electric. Now after the resists stayed above..

16.89 electric and 150.176. And since damage rounds up a total of 167 with D&W vs 176. So 9 damage :(

Granted this only is true if I ha v the formula right... so gotta test if augmentation damage can be modified by a charge shot based on it's type (primary, secondary, or tertiary) and what modifiers apply.

Oh and after critical hit, which you'll notice a bit more of a difference as thats another 50% modifier... so that 9 damage can be a bit more.

Edited by Reaps989, 29 July 2016 - 05:51 PM.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Kitsuki

Kitsuki

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 21-November 14

At this point the only way not to copy builds is to go to extremes.

Even then, every build has been done... the question is who did it the best and how? I'll probably be doing more videos in the upcoming weeks.

Not that think can do better, what meant is not simply copy but understand the build so know why certain things there and how to make best use of them. :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users