Another person asking for build advice

46 replies to this topic

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7737 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

I guess since I have the free time I can give feedback to each.

Attack Posture, GT, 65 Dodge, 186 FA

This build is fairly optimized, honestly, the only complaint would be the high Empathic but honestly that's a personal choice. It can't really be invested anywhere else if you want more healing for self/other. As for damage wise it could have gone to Dirty Tricks, Thermal, or Sonic. Or for supportive PVP into Patho or Suppression (suppression also works in PVE for groups quite well) as both are entirely viable mutation lines.

With the 188 Pistol Skill you'd definitely be using AP lights, which are the best option for PVE anyways.

Enhancement, Desperado, and Dirty Tricks

This one I tweaked slightly as power and precision weren't optimized. Increased DT for a higher armor cut, which points came from dodge for this as well. Pistol was increased to 153 for Perfect Timing.

Enhancement Attack Posture (Had Thermal)

Honestly the 180 thermal build was impossible to salvage. Just far to much AP everywhere between Enhancement, Empathic, and then thermal while being a crafter... just to expensive. So I simply tweaked it to a Enhancement crafter to run Attack Posture with lower dodge and higher AP. Precision is min/maxed to increase overall critical chance even with GT precision aura. Strength was leftover AP, since it's PVE it's better off using for health.

Was unsure on the second thermal I saw.... this was kinda odd. 0890 definitely did most of it ok. The 174 AU is odd... I'd completely scrap the idea of thermal in this manner if you aren't going Desperado. So I guess I'll make that build instead.... which will look more like this.

Then we have another thermal that's lower, just gonna post it here. Not really much difference going on there.

The rest kinda just repeat themselves, so I'll give a quick rundown on advise for other builds.

• Soak Elements only has a use in fights that involve mostly fire/ice damage which the only situation it's viable is Buzzkill if you aren't tanking.
    • Another option is running Soak Elements during Outpost if you won't gain agro from NPCs, as they do have fairly strong fire AoEs (unless those were removed... definitely hurt haha)
      • Thus going Soak Elements and Calibration isn't really advised, you'd be better off running Dreadnaught with Resilience from Enhancement so you aren't countering your own aura. And in PVE the snare isn't that much of a big deal that is attached to Dreadnaught.

• Armor Use should only scale based on it's passive scaling unless running Dreadnaught stance, sadly Soak Elements is easily the worst stance in-game.

• Power should scale based on Dent Armor up until 141, if you aren't taking Attack Posture as your main stance you should not invest beyond this point. And for builds that aren't invested in both strength and endurance, beyond 153 even with Attack Posture has very poor returns. Pistol and Shotgun builds should refrain from going beyond this point unless going primal as well.

• Mutations tend to fall off around 144-168, there are a few that can be warranted but only if they already fit within your stat layout. Most will actually "max" out at 162 before you find yourself spending far to much AP. But most will "cap" at 162 unless considering 168 Patho in terms of AP efficiency.
    • 156 : Enhancement, Illumination, and Primal (Unless going 162 Beast Might unlock)
    • 153 : Nano-manipulation and Empathic (Unless going 162 for Preservation unlock)

Beyond that it's mostly making sure you just aren't spending more AP into something you don't "need", a well rounded character is superior to a overkill character... well except in PVP where you can go overkill on a power/precision (Still recommend at least 2 armor cuts) junkie :troll_face:

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Initiate

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 29-July 15

Was unsure on the second thermal I saw.... this was kinda odd. 0890 definitely did most of it ok. The 174 AU is odd...

• Soak Elements only has a use in fights that involve mostly fire/ice damage which the only situation it's viable is Buzzkill if you aren't tanking.
    • Thus going Soak Elements and Calibration isn't really advised, you'd be better off running Dreadnaught with Resilience from Enhancement so you aren't countering your own aura. And in PVE the snare isn't that much of a big deal that is attached to Dreadnaught.

As stated above, in this case I'm not scalling on passives but on available stances. Armor Use 174 is to reach Dreadnaught 9.

The problem with Dreadnaught + Resilience is the speed debuff. Maybe we should specify: If you expect mainly primary damage and speed isn't a problem, you can run this combo. If you expect mainly secondary/tertiary damage, I like the combo of Soak Elements + Calibration (with Hulk Plate or Brass Nut Ring trinket and optional Green Paste for some more primary resist). Or for secondary/tertiary damage-only (Blighted Tree Event in OP) Soak Elements + Resilience.

Edited by 0890, 27 January 2017 - 01:53 AM.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7737 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

As stated above, in this case I'm not scalling on passives but on available stances. Armor Use 174 is to reach Dreadnaught 9.

The problem with Dreadnaught + Resilience is the speed debuff. Maybe we should specify: If you expect mainly primary damage and speed isn't a problem, you can run this combo. If you expect mainly secondary/tertiary damage, I like the combo of Soak Elements + Calibration (with Hulk Plate or Brass Nut Ring trinket and optional Green Paste for some more primary resist). Or for secondary/tertiary damage-only (Blighted Tree Event in OP) Soak Elements + Resilience.

Ah I tend to recommend Muscular Regulator (10 strength and 15 stamina regen) or Vile Fungal Culture (20 gamma regen and body resist... forgot how much) so I don't factor hulk/ring. Green Paste is nice but again not exactly required.

The snare from Dreadnaught won't really effect 90% of PVE, besides maybe NPCs like Stage 2 Dome (Scorpions) and gets offset by Adren Shot and Tent City's speed buffs. :D

But yes, if you aren't getting hit by primary damage SE would be viable if taking secondary/tertiary damage from AoE's.

Also most of the builds posted seem to benefit from Desperado or Attack Posture... so only the attack posture ones could benefit from secondary stances.

Edited by Reaps989, 27 January 2017 - 05:19 AM.

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Koraboros

Koraboros

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 04-January 17

Thanks Reaps for your clarifications. I can see that both know this game very well. Your advices helps me a lot. I find myself at a point where every point counts and I do not want to throw it away (I do not plan for now to make a second char). I'm going through every point on the maps doing each quest and crafting everything that's available, I'm really enjoying this game and I do not want to end up with a broken char.

(Reaps what you mean with "AP heavy / medium / light" the ammo for pistols?)
Maybe because of the fact that we can only use one aura and one stance, I would not go for desperado, I find it more comfortable to raise pistol to 192 + 3 from the shirt and reach the 195 and not worry about using that stance for high lvl weapons. Maybe remove some points from thermal and raise pistol. i think i prefer the high heals in case of pvp (suck it up 6, stanch wound 7, benevolence 7 for extra heal etc.) I only choose thermal because I already have intelligence in 96 and that seemed the most logical option, but I can put it aside to go for something else.
I play with some friends, so I will also be receiving their group auras and stances (GT and such). Can you have your own aura plus group ones? In  that
case maybe enhancement is not so useful and could change it for some more damage. And how 0890 says, using Dreadnaught 8 (AU 174).  What do you guys think of that.  maybe something like this .... (I put the rest in dodge because I did not know where to put it, and rise prec to 171 for precise hit 5).

Edited by Koraboros, 27 January 2017 - 06:24 AM.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7737 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Thanks Reaps for your clarifications. I can see that both know this game very well. Your advices helps me a lot. I find myself at a point where every point counts and I do not want to throw it away (I do not plan for now to make a second char). I'm going through every point on the maps doing each quest and crafting everything that's available, I'm really enjoying this game and I do not want to end up with a broken char.

(Reaps what you mean with "AP heavy / medium / light")
Maybe because of the fact that we can only use one aura and one stance, I would not go for desperado, I find it more comfortable to raise pistol to 192 + 3 from the shirt and reach the 195 and not worry about using that stance for high lvl weapons. Maybe remove some points from thermal and raise pistol. i think i prefer the high heals in case of pvp (suck it up 6, stanch wound 7, benevolence 7 for extra heal etc.) I only choose thermal because I already have intelligence in 96 and that seemed the most logical option.
I play with some friends, so I will also be receiving their group auras and stances (GT and such). Can you have your own aura plus group ones? In  that
case maybe enhancement is not so useful and could change it for some more damage. And how 0890 says, using Dreadnaught 8 (AU 174).  What do you guys think of that.  maybe something like this .... (I put the rest in dodge because I did not know where to put it, and rise prec to 171 for precise hit 5).

Well at end-game you'll be using Heavy, Medium, or Light pistols (Check AH for Deathmax) which have 4 (2 per heavy), 6 (3 per medium), and 8 (4 per light) to pistol skill. Thus you can go 188 with Heavy Pistols, 186 with Medium Pistols, and 184 with Light Pistols.

http://fallenearth.w...Deathmax_Magnum - Heavies

http://fallenearth.w...eathmax_Special - Mediums

http://fallenearth.w...m/wiki/Deathmax - Lights

Any aura will stack as long as it isn't the same type, highest rank takes priority. Thus Calibration 7 will block rank 6 and lower from other group members, but Give 'Em Hell and Offensive Coordination will stack without issue.

But ya the pistols you'll want to use is Deathmax AKA Light AP pistols. But I would recommend an aura line on any build, which is why most actually go for Desperado/Marksman/Bloodlust stances to save AP at times. Bloodlust is the least used as melee has a +10 modifier on their end-game weapons, well that and they can sacrafice some endurance as they already have strength investments.

http://bukkaketrain....1010101010101B4

Adjusted the build a bit, but based on how you have it so far I'd recommend going for Desperado and using the build below as PVE content won't exactly require Dreadnaught/Soak Elements (Green Paste will handle what you lost from Dreadnaught)

http://bukkaketrain....1010101010101B4

Difference?

• 30 less Precision (3.03 crit chance)
  • 4 less armor use making you lose one rank of Dreadnaught Stance, which I wouldn't use over Desperado with that setup.
  • 6 higher weapon skill (Smaller crosshair but it's about .105 critical chance increase)
  • 54 higher dodge which puts you at 21% dodge passive rather than 11%, once a 50 dodge aura is involved it jumps to 31% from 21%.
  • 1 strength which is 3 health from leftover AP.
  • 31 Dexterity removed which causes a loss of 93 stamina, sadly... but can be made up for by using Vitamin Shots (Science buff consume)
  • Thermal increased by 6 for higher Molotov Cocktail.
    • For PVE mutations aren't entirely strong, but they do help DPS slightly.

This is before considering the enchancement added to the build which will give you a ton of resistance for your and your team.

Posted Image

Koraboros

Koraboros

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 04-January 17

Perfect, that's what I was looking for. Useful and substantiated information. That second build looks great, knowing now that there are those Deathmax weapons I can resign pistol points to increase other stats and keep enhancement as you and 0890 recommended. I will also have the auras and other modifiers of my teammates to raise power and precision (GT). I think I have clear now where to direct my AP. Many thanks to both of you for taking the time to clarify this for me. Bear hug and I'll see you in game.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7737 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Perfect, that's what I was looking for. Useful and substantiated information. That second build looks great, knowing now that there are those Deathmax weapons I can resign pistol points to increase other stats and keep enhancement as you and 0890 recommended. I will also have the auras and other modifiers of my teammates to raise power and precision (GT). I think I have clear now where to direct my AP. Many thanks to both of you for taking the time to clarify this for me. Bear hug and I'll see you in game.

Maybe, I rarely log in now adays... :(

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users