• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Fay Wray

Fay Wray

Novice

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Joined 28-December 13

Well, most of those issues would have been resolved if FE had been developed in the last 2+ years i expect, however there has been no Gamersfirst spend on FE in so long its just not gonna happen now (even a couple of years ago development was being seriously throttled back), APB is the only Gamers product that has recieved any attention in a long time as far as i know (havnt really checked recently, i only look for the G1C name on games to avoid like cancer now, zero faith in them).

Misha swag

Misha swag

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 02-June 13

My pc was not able to handle the game well. Somehow i managed to play the game for 2 years with 20-15 fps, then i got another pc and i just couldn't play it. Im definitely coming back soon! This was my first MMO so i gotta come back, the game is great

Agent Viscera

Agent Viscera

Novice

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 05-April 16

Best Extern SSD USB 100GB for your PC, i had no problems after i installed this one.

466a3558a026cd44c169686d022a0824.jpg

:Ha Ha Ha:  :Ha Ha Ha:  :Ha Ha Ha:

Edited by Agent Viscera, 30 June 2016 - 07:37 AM.

2c711cddfd4d1bd5a03c2044850985b0.png

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • 3718 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

after a good carreer in O-game, i have enough of daily check resources for have a game "working". that's why i am not a great fan of resource searching/combination/collection/use/searchagain infinite loops.
for example, Warframe have a complex sys of resource/build/collect/modding items too, but  with an huge difference with FE; the item dont expire and never run out of ammo (before mission start ammo are always full)
except for some kind of pets, there is not a real expiring time , and however is not hard to recovery the health/power/quantity.
in FE there is a searching time for resources that increase the difficulty for get any item, and is boring.
also the player skills/ability are heavy influenced by long time for reach a minimal time for get game items.
all these search/developing times are legit for an high level player experience, but they are not noob freindly at all.

example: learn to build primordialAxe--->find stone, find stick--->assembly--->use--->gain level and efficency(+damage,speed)
learn to build basic item should be standard (should not requires to find "blueprint") , resources like these should be available for free in every point of beginner map, assembly should take less than 1minute, and use should be without an expiring time, stamina.

cause the beginner will dont like search 30 minutes for a stick, find that he is not able to assembly,use 1 h to find the blueprint, lose other 2 h for assembly, finally gain the item and discover that after 3 shot item disappear or is unsable...
this amount of resource management is justifyed if the item is a LaserBeam Sword, but not for basic item or low level requirements.

same for the pets, there can be a "boost" that expires, and this is ok, but not a "surviving energy" that drop pet KO if expires.

about develope, i dont know.
FE is rude and look dated, but the game mechanic is not bad,is just too complex.
every graphic looks "old" after time, and playablity instead risk to become "banal".

in my 2 cent opinion, FE have both age's issues.
For the first , the issue is autosolved cause a simplest graphic is a warranty for 70+ fps also on low-tier PC (that were monsterPC 8y ago), and players love smooth 70+ fps. (but please fix the camera movement , is an headache generator)
For the second, we need to realize that 70+fps is not enough for have a "wow" from players, we need also playability, and a Infinite Tomb Raider research items is just a kickback on the past, when Playstation one was grey and Lara was looking all night long for the mythical red card for open a simple door.
removing some time killer passage from the gameplay could help a lot.

I like how you wrote a book and for the most part managed to be completely wrong when it comes to FE. Let's address those points!

1) Item degradation. This only starts after level 30 items or item level 30 items. Unless you no life FE and play all day every day an item will take YEARS to break. And even playing constantly and suffering numerous deaths(which degrade equipment more than normal play typically) it will take months to a year. Yes they break but by default have 20 repairs in them. Also any item within 5 item levels is capable of restoring fatigue to an item and every endgame item has a fairly easy craftable item that will restore fatigue. This is an issue you will rarely if ever run into in the actual scheme of things, and especially not while leveling even if you craft the first degradeable item and use it or keep it equipped to endgame.

Maybe you confused this system with having to repair gear no realizing that repairing it's easy and in most towns there will be a merchant that sells repair kits that are relatively cheap.

2) Crafting. Unlike warframe you don't need to gamble for rng runs to get the blueprint while also completely rnging for the resources as well. In fe the blueprints or recipes are typically gained from quests, trainers or other recipes. A few of the newer items at endgame require you to kill a boss(but these are redundant items now that are more for the look) and to buy from trainers at endgame you may need to complete an event or do an activity to get the required currency. The recipes are fairly easy to get. Some mats may be difficult to get but the vast majority have farms, harvesters, merchants or specific spots to get them. Overall the rng and dicerolling is small. The only time it will take hours is for endgame gear that requires numerous mats and will not need replacing for months. Which is not comparable to warframe which is dependent upon a long continuous grind for most items as illustrated by the 3 day crafting time required for any warframe.

3) Warframe vs FE. This is instanced vs open world at the end of the day. You can run out of ammo in warframe in the individual missions and that is what that sort of thing is based around which is why only minor player interaction is conducted outside missions basically. FE relies on you the player stocking up and maintaining stock because your overall interaction level never really changes. Fe you can target farm specific mats and blueprints are capable of being bought the majority of the time. Warframe for the vast majority of items, with the exception of some basic weapons and then weapons that require a grind that is worse than the faction grind in fe due to the daily cap, is all rng. Want to build newer warframe enjoy farming a mission with 10-20 potential outcomes and your desired drop which has a 5% drop rate every 20 mins as 1 of the worst cases which is then followed by a 3 day building time...fe's closest grind to this you can afk while doing. This comparison was absolutely horrible due to the fact even for new players fe has only been made easier in the grind and crafting...warframe over the last few years has just gotten more convoluted and the grind made worse.

You should really play a game more and experience and understand a system before basing your entire decision on it. Item degradation seems to be a huge gripe of yours and due to the fact you talk about 1/2 shots for it breaking shows either you never actually reached it or never actually got to an item breaking. Nevermind your entire gripe about the crafting system is the learning curve more due to lack of community information on this anymore, while comparing it to warframe which is heavily datamined at every patch for information. If that information wasn't provided you wouldn't even be considering this because the level complications, time consumption and learning would be so incredibly against warframe you wouldn't consider it comparable.

In general it just seems you were bothered heavily with inability to learn the systems and a lack of information at your fingertips. Especially highlighted by your gripe about time when crafting yet in the same breath comparing it to warframe lol.

*comically made after starting warframe again and spending the last few hours grinding a specific mission for 1 mod drop that hasn't occurred lol...where as only gore has this issue or if you want to grind old bosses for mediocre rare drops*

Edited by AgentNoir, 30 June 2016 - 10:28 AM.

Heretic
Nysak

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • 3718 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Well, most of those issues would have been resolved if FE had been developed in the last 2+ years i expect, however there has been no Gamersfirst spend on FE in so long its just not gonna happen now (even a couple of years ago development was being seriously throttled back), APB is the only Gamers product that has recieved any attention in a long time as far as i know (havnt really checked recently, i only look for the G1C name on games to avoid like cancer now, zero faith in them).

G1 has no real new games. The 1/2 projects they have tried or wtv seemed to disappear. And it's just a case of actual income. At the majority of the time apb has had a continuous 5-10 times the amount of players fe has on steam, a gambling box which allows more potential money and more expensive items. Chances are it has little to do with what g1 has put into apb and more what apb/fe were capable of gaining in money.

Heretic
Nysak

MystMan

MystMan

Conscript

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12

Comparing Warframe and FE...... that is strange.  They are completely different games down to the core and genre.

The one thing I can say what I like in Warframe over FE is its game engine is simply superior and updated. Fast-paced, fast-paced FAAAAST PAAACED. The devs there actually care about their game.

And despite RNG drops, even if I don't get what I want, I get something else that is still worth something (either for later use or for another player willing to trade/buy).  In FE, not getting what you want results in you either not progressing at all or getting absolute low tier garbage, basically a lot of time wasted. Heavy diminishing returns due to terrible drop system and random node spawning.

Also, pve and pvp content are completely separated, thumbs up to that.

Edited by MystMan, 30 June 2016 - 12:29 PM.

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • 3718 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Comparing Warframe and FE...... that is strange.  They are completely different games down to the core and genre.

The one thing I can say what I like in Warframe over FE is its game engine is simply superior and updated. Fast-paced, fast-paced FAAAAST PAAACED. The devs there actually care about their game.

And despite RNG drops, even if I don't get what I want, I get something else that is still worth something (either for later use or for another player willing to trade/buy).  In FE, not getting what you want results in you either not progressing at all or getting absolute low tier garbage, basically a lot of time wasted. Heavy diminishing returns due to terrible drop system and random node spawning.

Also, pve and pvp content are completely separated, thumbs up to that.

Yeah can agree to the engine but really in terms of it's gameplay it's more akin to apb than fe imo.

Well yeah early on you still get something if you don't get what you want, but it gets to a point where you just get junk. Especially if you get duplicate mods as only certain ones are worth anything. The only real point about always being able to progress is technically being able to level something at anytime. Like if you have to farm a specific pool to get rewards and the only thing you are looking for is a specific drop you can usually chalk it up to wasted time. Sometimes you will get decent core drops but if its not a core it's usually a waste. Spy, nightmare mods and others...the only exception when it comes to farming mission pools like this is the void/derelict due to being able to trade in prime stuff.

A good example is I was just farming nightmare mods. Now when these came out a couple years ago I didn't bother with them as I was basically on the way out to a break, but I still had a few. Well I did a capture variant for 2/3 hours looking for blaze. Managed to get every new mod and every mod I didn't have before but not 1 blaze. So for an hour or so it was worth it, until all I needed was a blaze...at that point anything past was a waste if it wasn't due to affinity being garbage, speed was what mattered as the main goal was at the end of the mission and side tracking is a waste as if I wanted affinity or drops survival/defense/void/spy are all far better. Yeah in fe getting a bad node drop was annoying especially if it's a midtier node or something, but that doesn't even come close in comparison to fe especially now with harvesters/farms.

Heretic
Nysak

MystMan

MystMan

Conscript

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12

especially now with harvesters/farms.

That's the kicker, farms and harvesters aren't for everybody.  Standing 3-6 hours straight in the same place to amass resources ain't exactly what most people would consider fun. For some of us, the journey is more important than the destination. In the years I played FE, I think I have deployed only 6 harvesters total. My god that was boring, like watching paint dry waiting for time to pass. I got a lot of mats but fun it was not.

Most people I know who played FE did so for the vast expanse the game has to offer.  Had I told them it's all about stationary grinding at harvesters and citadel, they would pack and move on to another game since exploration is no longer a viable fun option.

For sure the original crew of Icarus Studios would have never let the game turn into what it is now. Nobody takes the effort to make such a big area playground to only make 3/4 of it all end up useless in favor of stationary grinding in specific locations for hours on end.

Funny lines, looking at FE Steam store page:

- Completely classless, play the way you want to   <-- endgame disagrees. Very specific & limited choices in builds/weapons are required there.

- Over 1,000 square kilometers to explore   <-- explore?  what for?  For garbage mats?  or the 1 in a 1000 chance of running into a node that actually gives something good?

- Dynamically occurring events, including invasions and resource cache discoveries mean that there is always something happening <-- other than citadel, nobody bothers with the rest. crappy rewards.

In its current state, I can't even say for who FE is made for anymore. What is its target market?  It has a lot of content but they're all so badly maimed now, nobody is happy. The 2-3 people keeping this game (barely) running don't know either I bet.

Edited by MystMan, 30 June 2016 - 02:28 PM.

StubbyClaps

StubbyClaps

Conscript

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Joined 12-October 11

That's the kicker, farms and harvesters aren't for everybody.  Standing 3-6 hours straight in the same place to amass resources ain't exactly what most people would consider fun. For some of us, the journey is more important than the destination. In the years I played FE, I think I have deployed only 6 harvesters total. My god that was boring, like watching paint dry waiting for time to pass. I got a lot of mats but fun it was not.

Most people I know who played FE did so for the vast expanse the game has to offer.  Had I told them it's all about stationary grinding at harvesters and citadel, they would pack and move on to another game since exploration is no longer a viable fun option.

For sure the original crew of Icarus Studios would have never let the game turn into what it is now. Nobody takes the effort to make such a big area playground to only make 3/4 of it all end up useless in favor of stationary grinding in specific locations for hours on end.

- Over 1,000 square kilometers to explore   <-- explore?  what for?  For garbage mats?  or the 1 in a 1000 chance of running into a node that actually gives something good?

Do you need a pat on the back everytime you discover a node or new town? The original devs didnt have to create such a massive world. They created it because some people love to explore in games. Clearly you dont.

I am finding it hard to log on with Derp Diggler Soulomon ranting religious mommy for literally weeks straight and no ban.

Edited by StubbyClaps, 30 June 2016 - 06:04 PM.

Heavehoe

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • 3718 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

- Completely classless, play the way you want to   <-- endgame disagrees. Very specific & limited choices in builds/weapons are required there.

- Dynamically occurring events, including invasions and resource cache discoveries mean that there is always something happening <-- other than citadel, nobody bothers with the rest. crappy rewards.

In its current state, I can't even say for who FE is made for anymore. What is its target market?  It has a lot of content but they're all so badly maimed now, nobody is happy. The 2-3 people keeping this game (barely) running don't know either I bet.

Depends how you want to look at it really. All gathering mats before was a slightly larger area than harvesters with far less typically especially if you only do the last hour of a harvester. And before it wasn't endgame and even now it isn't endgame. Mat grinding in reality will always be monotonous if it's any notable amount. Dunno how you saw harvesters being that much different from gathering before the only difference is you could gather more with harvesters and stock up, which typically required considerably more time on normal nodes even before their derpy node revamp.

Except when you consider last I checked all the current people were supposed launch employees.

I'd disagree on the very specific builds and weapons. Are there ideal weapons? Of course no game will ever escape from efficiency and optimization. Pistol/rifle dominate pve where as in pvp melee is the most accessible due to the no reload, middle ground dps and extreme ease at hitting. The closest you get for specific weapons is round 10 dome to my knowledge and that's for cosmetics. In pvp there is no set 'best' due to skill variance, group competence and the like all factoring in. And is there min/maxing? Of course it's a classless system you damn well believe there will be min/maxing especially with a capped allocation just like anything with systems like this.

Although the explore thing is worse now to my knowledge even before node revamp it was a lot of barren land. There were some interesting things out there randomly, but not usually entirely random or very common.

Can't disagree there. At best the faction towns people did for paint kit mats, but poor rewards is nothing new here.

Yeap they don't know where the road goes at this point and haven't really for a while. Nor what was/is important to what players. This isn't too surprising though, especially if you look at what fe was supposed to grow to and what happened in 2 years from launch.

Heretic
Nysak

MystMan

MystMan

Conscript

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12

Do you need a pat on the back everytime you discover a node or new town? The original devs didnt have to create such a massive world. They created it because some people love to explore in games. Clearly you dont.

I am finding it hard to log on with Derp Diggler Soulomon ranting religious mommy for literally weeks straight and no ban.

"Somebody is being critical about a game using facts! He is being religious and should be banned!"

Well, the ship of maturity has already sailed off and left you behind I see.  If you disagree with somebody, feel free to use counter-arguments instead of getting all emo and irrational. I didn't break any forum rules to get a :Ban2:

And what exploration games have you been playing for the past 20 years of gaming?   A well-designed exploration game has content worth finding. That's the point of exploration games since day 1 of videogame design. Look around you, is FE well-populated by exploring players beyond sector 1?  nope. They're all standing at Citadel or next to harvesters. Of course most just plain leave, I guess they were all religious and don't like exploring red herrings.  :Wat:

Crazzyhiipy

Crazzyhiipy

Initiate

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12

I still play once in awhile i am just tired of no Gm's or devs in help chat the sub rewards are starting to suck so bad did not even have a 7th yr anniversary party the rewards which you needed a code to get sucked  champagne,a cookie and 2 red keys and the lock boxes and a blue key and lock box was not relay worth it pvp started going down hill when they took the meaning of factions away I play b/c of my friends and that it i have been on this game since 2010 and now I just feel like not playing any more seems like the devs and GM's do not care about this game what so ever 

fighter12

fighter12

Conscript

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Joined 23-October 10

Dev/plubisher Who can only make an attempt to say maint. nothing else.

Regardless of its bugs and what not this is a great game just people who currently own it... not so much.

forrower

forrower

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 27-December 15

This game was my life. Literally. For approximately 1 year.

I was having a hard time in my life. I was in deppression. I was numb, emotionless, hollow. 

I had tried this game before, but didn't get very ahead back then. Then I somewhat decided to pick up again as a fresh account, "Tr Ruthless" (as if it matters).

I also got invited to a Turkish clan "Estergon", which then (sadly) fell apart as leader left the game. But I didn't quit on the clan, since it really didn't matter. 

One day I came home again, after a long and boring day, logged in to Fallen Earth, and decided to go hunt some minerals at Sector 1 to make ammunition. Then I noticed someone was online in the clan (her nickname was "Niasdamn"), I didn't know how exactly, but we started to chat. I was shocked to find out that I still had the ability to chat with someone after everything I have been through lately. I was excited, I had a new friend.

Tomorrow I logged in and had some chat with my new friend again, she brought me to the factory near the progression town at sector 2, and we started grinding together.

Chatting with her was really like a teraphy for me. We talked about everthing; music, walking under rain, watching sunset, tv, other games... everything.

I loved her as a friend. She was really friendly. We then also had a common friend named George, which I can't remember his nickname. And we three started to grind together at White Crow on Citadel sector.

Then she told me about the hitbox thing, the weird feature of game that favors midget female characters in PvP. I thought it wouldn't matter, since nobody would be able to gain advantage over 0.1 mm hitbox difference...

Well, turns out I was wrong.

I dueled a lot while I was grinding to 55 at Citadel, and I kept losing and losing. It was really frustrating. And after a final duel, I decided to giveaway all my stuff and quit on the game. And I did.

As I said, this game was my life for a whole year. And I ended it just like that. I didn't even say goodbye to my friends, I just send a mail and that's all. I still feel sorry for that.

After a couple of days I logged in again to check out if she was online. I waited about 5-6 hours in-game for 2 or 3 days, and she didn't log in. I guess she also quited after me.

Anyways, if we come to the topic, I stopped playing because of the unbalanced and weird PvP system. The gosh darning broken PvP system made me quit on this wonderful game.

Edited by forrower, 11 December 2016 - 12:43 PM.

Merusalem

Merusalem

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12

What was the final straw that made you quit FE? As well as what overall lead to that decision?

I played FE for two years when it was still run by Icarus Studios, hoping all the time that they would fix the code.

It was the bugs that killed it for me. Things like pointing at a thing that clearly should be interactive, but is not. Shooting and getting a big hit indicator, with the target's health bar never moving.

After the honeymoon period, I found myself spending more time on the forums than in the game, usually to find that these were long-known bugs, and in a few cases how to work around them. Bethesda (Fallout / Elder Scrolls) has a long-standing reputation of "Publish or Perish", to meet their financial goals. Icarus's motto obviously was "Publish and Perish" - probably involuntarily. Some time after the game was sold to Gamers First, I tried it again, and found the code to be in the same sorry state as years before. No surprise. If you do not have the money to pay programmers, your code is not going to get any better. You need deep coffers to re-program your complete code, like CCP did for EVE Online over the past few years.

I do not blame Gamers First for the game's quality problems. They bought broken code, running on a broken platform, and invested the minimum effort to keep it running. It is their business model to wring the last few drops of dollars out of commercially failed games, not to win innovation prizes.

Still, for my fun factor - if even playing 2008's Fallout 3 and fiddling for hours to make it run is easier to my mind than playing FE, I happily stay with single player games, accepting that no good post-apocalyptic MMO was ever made. (I understand if you view this from a different angle, but I do not consider a half-built game like Repopulation a success, although I applaud the devs' effort.)

What, if anything, would bring you back?

I keep having a look at the players' feedback for FE every few years, in a pipe-dream hope that its code quality will ever reach what I expect from a game, and this is why I am here today. Being fully aware that this will never happen, as no dev team could ever hope to recoup the cost.

So, fixing the majority of bugs would bring me back. I am not holding my breath, though. :)

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7747 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

I keep having a look at the players' feedback for FE every few years, in a pipe-dream hope that its code quality will ever reach what I expect from a game, and this is why I am here today. Being fully aware that this will never happen, as no dev team could ever hope to recoup the cost.

So, fixing the majority of bugs would bring me back. I am not holding my breath, though. :)

We had an active Dev, then they ruined that for us.

I am not the hero this game needs right now, but I am the hero it deserves :troll_face:

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Ziv100

Ziv100

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 19-January 17

What the game does not work APB

Kutal

Kutal

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 13-February 13

Hello everyone.

I quitted FE around 5 years ago.I just had to give a break back then.Tried other mmos at my spare time.None was deep enough with a story or reason to play.

Runescape,Dead frontier,Fallen Earth were my most favorite mmos for the story line and some stage of freedom to roam free and able to pick craft aswell.However,Fallen earth with the amazing open world and the back story allways had a special place for me those days.

Why left back then ?

First of all lag is too often and too much.Long story short.

Secondly if we get disconnected due to net issue,our character stays in the game.We need to manually relog back to game after disconnection....Character name and password.ok.cool.

Then a second screen pops up.(?) Game tells us our character is still in the game.(!) Tells this is needed to manually force our character to log off.

We then need to re-write our pass at a third (!) screen...  pops up we need to rewrite the pass the third time just to get back to the game.When we are back our character is dead and all crafted items are damaged at Life net pod.

This happens everytime we get disconnected due to net connection issue and we are automatically left to death every time it happens.We need to pass three different screens (  a wall of china ) just to log back in.

Pve content is awesome but was shut at a point.We are stuck there ,side of a big cliff between the pve content and the pvp content.It is obvious the team who wrote the original sceneario and developed the game left somehow.(?)There is a dead end there and is filled with a pvp tool that had nothing to do with the original story but only covers the Tribal names as factions.

I wished and after many years hoped that it was fixed.More pve content would be added.Story line would have been continiued; would allready be tied to a reasonable scenario for why and how the FE fans be pvping.Why they also should be continiouing the pve content.

Another issue is monsters are just staying where they are and waiting to be killed.I really wish monsters and mutant beings attacked the setttlements certain times of the day without picking pve or pvp areas.Instead of several zones that get harder.All areas can have easy,hard and hellish mobs spread around the map and roaming randomly as stated above.

Several Quests and events that can be repeated for the purpose of rebuilding the settlements and cleaning the area of beasts(Spider hill is the closest one to that but very limited) and raiders. and pumping the thrills...Just imagine how Fallen earth could to be...An upgraded and enlarged version of the starter area with more interaction.

Developers can also add survival part as thirst,hunger.Fallen earth had all these potential allready...A survival game.A zombie -mutant invasion-defense game-pvp and truely deep story...

Anyhow,I get back today, reloaded the game with great hopes.I am a bit stunned that almost no new videos or update news about this wonderfull game is released.

Fallen earth's great potential at this single package was never used.

I really fail to understand how this game is left in dust when sh1tty games keep running just by selling skins.They have no scenario, no reason ;nothing;opposing Fallen earth.

Shall the next generation of players be blamed not supporting this game as much...May be a some cosplay conventions and selling skins in the game would turn that around ? ;(

I hope Fallen earth keeps going somehow and we can support as the gamers.

Hope to see more wastelanders  in the game.Have fun.

Edited by Kutal, 13 April 2017 - 05:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users