• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

Hark

Hark

Grunt

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Joined 08-May 13

So... i hurd and maybe seen where fans do amazeball stuff for a cult thing they like. I think they have a fan ran mmo for spacewars...star wars...whatever. Maybe we the fans should back a show to some company like hbo er something. I mean the zombie thing has run into the ground...wait this isnt a zombie game is it..its more right?  I mean the movies we see today are from the comics we used to read and we always wanted to see in the movies. Some times the toys would come first... that always got me. Wlaken down the isle of the store see a new toy and not know its back story but you knew it had one by the look of it. Yeah if FE had voice acting I bet it'd stayed a bit longer. Wait ..WOW just released a movie didnt they...dang FE is really slow on the draw getting to where the money is at. Still i think if who ever owns the rights er whatever to fallenearth they should hurry up and make the movie or show before fallout does. Then maybe they can stick some of that back into the game... cause i dont watch tv very much. :P

DakkaDakkaDakka

DakkaDakkaDakka

Conscript

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Joined 23-March 13
Regarding Tiggs locking down my topic about CEO talking about how fe isn't a viable way to make money in f2p :

First sign of any sort of life from g1, in years, on a forum where almost zero monitoring or moderation has been happening (there's still threads from spammers spamming love potion numbers in there somewhere for those who curious) just happens to be to lock down a thread

suddenly

cus apparently off topic

#totesnotsalty
#silencethediscourse

Update :
topic deleted. Okay. Sure. A bit thin skinned like nysek said. Guess I struck a nerve.

Edited by DakkaDakkaDakka, 19 August 2016 - 06:33 PM.

My locked & deleted thread (google cache) about reloaded games ceo saying <story-driven> f2p mmo's don't work  :
http://webcache.goog...n&ct=clnk&gl=ca

MystMan

MystMan

Conscript

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12

Regarding Tiggs locking down my topic about CEO talking about how fe isn't a viable way to make money in f2p :

First sign of any sort of life from g1, in years, on a forum where almost zero monitoring or moderation has been happening (there's still threads from spammers spamming love potion numbers in there somewhere for those who curious) just happens to be to lock down a thread

suddenly

cus apparently off topic

#totesnotsalty
#silencethediscourse

Update :
topic deleted. Okay. Sure. A bit thin skinned like nysek said. Guess I struck a nerve.

Illuminati conspiracy mode: ACTIVATED!!  

I can't imagine some G1 staff actually reading these forums all these years. So they got to have been using some script that detects posts containing certain trigger words that may harm their image.....  or something else?

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • 3728 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Illuminati conspiracy mode: ACTIVATED!!  

I can't imagine some G1 staff actually reading these forums all these years. So they got to have been using some script that detects posts containing certain trigger words that may harm their image.....  or something else?

5 new threads a month in 1/2 areas...upkeep is intense.

To be fair they prob skimmed over it and Tiggs has always been pretty anal about any sort of criticism of these sorts of things. Typically won't do anything but anything talking about how they handle things and it's closing/deleting. It's worse if her lapdogs read the area.

Heretic
Nysak

Mutarenebula

Mutarenebula

Conscript

• Wasteland Engineer - Hazmat
  • 383 posts
  • Joined 08-September 11

Stop gosh darning derailing my thread.  This is my fuzzy bunny post requesting a 2016 State of the Game update.  If you all wish to gosh darning discuss everything else...do so in your own topic.

Edited by Mutarenebula, 20 August 2016 - 05:11 PM.

Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off.

DakkaDakkaDakka

DakkaDakkaDakka

Conscript

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Joined 23-March 13

Stop gosh darning derailing my thread. This is my fuzzy bunny post requesting a 2016 State of the Game update. If you all wish to gosh darning discuss everything else...do so in your own topic.

I don't know if you mean me neb... But my topic got locked and deleted. I assumed it's because apparently it was meant to be here. Sorry.

My locked & deleted thread (google cache) about reloaded games ceo saying <story-driven> f2p mmo's don't work  :
http://webcache.goog...n&ct=clnk&gl=ca

MystMan

MystMan

Conscript

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12

This is my fuzzy bunny post requesting a 2016 State of the Game update.  

They will never do this.

The only thing the staff needs to update is announcing when the monthly sub reward is out.

"<month name> Subscriber Reward sent out. Log in to the marketplace to redeem."

(and occasionally a sale, when those happen.)

The last Blog update was march 2015. We're already way past half of 2016. 

The last "official" patch was december 2015. Afterwards there were times I saw the launcher download something but it is never explained anywhere what this is.

We're in the 3rd quarter of the year. I wouldn't hold my breath expecting an honest state of the game announcement, especially when the average player base has dropped below 100. On a weekend.

Check the link in Dakka's signature and watch the video. That shows all the state of the game you will need to see.

Edited by MystMan, 21 August 2016 - 05:27 AM.

Mutarenebula

Mutarenebula

Conscript

• 383 posts
  • Joined 08-September 11

Not you Dakka or Myst. that anarcho kid can beg to buy the game in another thread though.

Vicki Pond

Vicki Pond

Initiate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 16-January 13

I, like Mutarenebula, would like to know if there is any new content upcoming to Fallen Earth.  Are there plans for any anniversary goings on or not.  Something to say to those who have spent time and money on your game, that you appreciate their support and dedication to Fallen Earth.

I've enjoyed playing Fallen Earth since January 2012.   Always looking forward to changes to make the game better.  But today, while I was chatting with Steelsky, I finally looked into the announcement forum and saw there has been nothing since March 2015, by anyone at G1.   Very sobering.

I will not like the idea of moving on to something else to spend my time and money on (definitely not G1 related for sure).  But if nothing new is coming for Fallen Earth, then I will be saying so long to this old friend.

AgentNoir

AgentNoir

Ascended

• Members
  • 3728 posts
  • Joined 23-January 13

Not you Dakka or Myst. that anarcho kid can beg to buy the game in another thread though.

To be fair he actually already did or someone did, but I'd say a bit of mommyposting or further derailing is fine as it isn't like this is being derailed by clan vs clan stuff on the old forums.

@Dakka

The mindset actually explains a lot of why some changes were made. When gore came out it felt like a poor cash grab ripped off from asian f2p games. The decision to neuter factions rather than to invest in them isn't surprising either. The change to dt vs exp etc. This is based on his other video as well which also shows the mentality they approach things. This guy legitimately seems to be your stereotypical marketing guy who likes numbers and stats with limited insight. The comparison in fe vs apb income without expanding on the marketplaces and how they will unfold shows either he didn't want to discuss this or he is considerably blind to something obvious(1 has clear nearly repeatable systems of gambling and high investment...and the other has or well had mainly cosmetic and neat options that typically had limited purchase at fairly low prices).

Also looking at the stuff under each of those 3 guys games and 2 of them had mainly flash game hits and the other had legitimate game hits...pretty funny.

Heretic
Nysak

Lothlorrienne

Lothlorrienne

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 09-February 12

I will be in star citizen dreaming about the good old days

DoesntMatter

DoesntMatter

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 23-June 12

I`ve actually never been very active in this forum but tbh. i`d really like an actual state of the game... even though i know, it won`t happen any time soon.

It`s been last night, when we have been talking about the good old times with Dismay, PE and and all the opposite sides like Condemned, heretic, RA ... just watched old videos, getting a slightly sad feeling because these times are gone and never will be back again.

So I logged in today after almost 1 year and even though there only have been around 40 people online, the lag has been horrible - that took the last bit of hope since they haven`t been able to fix this in more than 1 year...  :NuhUh:  :doh2:

It really is time to move on and to just let one`s imagination run wild about would could have been if ...  :faq:

Edited by DoesntMatter, 02 September 2016 - 01:51 PM.

Stalker2001

Stalker2001

Conscript

• Members
  • 260 posts
  • Joined 09-September 15

I`ve actually never been very active in this forum but tbh. i`d really like an actual state of the game... even though i know, it won`t happen any time soon.

It`s been last night, when we have been talking about the good old times with Dismay, PE and and all the opposite sides like Condemned, heretic, RA ... just watched old videos, getting a slightly sad feeling because these times are gone and never will be back again.

So I logged in today after almost 1 year and even though there only have been around 40 people online, the lag has been horrible - that took the last bit of hope since they haven`t been able to fix this in more than 1 year...  :NuhUh:  :doh2:

It really is time to move on and to just let one`s imagination run wild about would could have been if ...  :faq:

Rest in Memories 

"The GamersFirst support team is committed to preserving the integrity and fairness of the game for all players."

3-HZlD6_Dz4.jpg
Original and rerolls: Disnuke, Walking Disaster, Nuclear Disaster, Lady Disaster, Skripka, Egao, Em Shady

Mutarenebula

Mutarenebula

Conscript

• 383 posts
  • Joined 08-September 11

The 7 year anniversary is in a few days..and still no "2016 state of the game".

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 18360 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

The 7 year anniversary is in a few days..and still no "2016 state of the game".

because

85201607195051297.png

Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

Vicki Pond

Vicki Pond

Initiate

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 16-January 13

I sent messages to several of the GMs asking about updates, new content, and the 7th Anniversary, and received no response from anyone.

I have also noticed that there was no August subscriber reward posted.  Were there really NO subscribers in August ?

My warm and fuzzy feelings for G1 and the game are slipping away fast!!!

EvilPeppard

EvilPeppard

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 23-August 11

Just curious, has anyone contacted support and asked about an update to FE? I could not find a phone number, but I see you can 'email' support.

https://fe.support.g...t.com/?t=591574

EDIT: I submitted a support ticket directing support to this thread for an update. May not do anything, but at least we tried something else to get Gamers First's attention.

Edited by EvilPeppard, 20 September 2016 - 11:02 AM.

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 18360 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

better don't say anything, maybe its fully automated, and someone may realise: oh wait we have FE servers still running, better shut them down :P

Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

ChinchillaDakilla

ChinchillaDakilla

Novice

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 22-March 11

I sent messages to several of the GMs asking about updates, new content, and the 7th Anniversary, and received no response from anyone.

I have also noticed that there was no August subscriber reward posted.  Were there really NO subscribers in August ?

My warm and fuzzy feelings for G1 and the game are slipping away fast!!!

I have noticed that sometimes the news update doesn't include their August update.  There was an August reward though so you know.

EvilPeppard

EvilPeppard

Initiate

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 23-August 11

Just curious, has anyone contacted support and asked about an update to FE? I could not find a phone number, but I see you can 'email' support.

https://fe.support.g...t.com/?t=591574

EDIT: I submitted a support ticket directing support to this thread for an update. May not do anything, but at least we tried something else to get Gamers First's attention.

Well, got a reply from Tiggs yesterday evening, 9/22/2016:

"Hello

I've been reading the thread and I do not have a State of the Game to share with you. I've sent a request to the Dev's and until they respond there is nothing I can do.

The game is here and still going, enjoy the Anniversary gifts :)

Tiggs "

Thanks for the reply Tiggs. At least we know someone is looking at this thread. :)

jeeeembo

jeeeembo

Novice

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Joined 03-April 15

game is dead get over yourselves only thing that matters is APB Reloaded also im in Heretic best fallen earth clan bye bye

Mutarenebula

Mutarenebula

Conscript

• 383 posts
  • Joined 08-September 11

As the end of the year 2016 approaches, I  wonder will we ever get a "current state of the game" from anyone in Gamers First?  Game has been suffering tremendous lag, and crashes since mid November.  Will the Grunch appear for Christmas this year? Or will I need to do a player event like I did for the games anniversary, and Thanksgiving?  Hello at this time I just wish to curse and spout epithets..but that would just get a GM to ignore me...Oh wait..aren't we already being ignored?

fighter12

fighter12

Conscript

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Joined 23-October 10

thanks abcrap. I'm hoping another publisher/ dev picks the game up.

Obviously those guys won't be doing anything. 

Magnuslebanc

Magnuslebanc

Grunt

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 19-December 13

Is it viable to start playing FE?  I have been and apb player for years and just got curious about FE. Is it worth the time to start playing it or should I just pass over it? Is there any RP groups playing the game actively?

MystMan

MystMan

Conscript

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Joined 15-June 12

Is it viable to start playing FE?  I have been and apb player for years and just got curious about FE. Is it worth the time to start playing it or should I just pass over it? Is there any RP groups playing the game actively?

For a short term period just for giggles: sure. Just stick with the starter map and don't go further than that. That should last you a month. 

For a long term to experience the whole map and content: don't bother. 80% of the entire map is too abandoned to give you that MMO feeling. 

Magnuslebanc

Magnuslebanc

Grunt

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 19-December 13

For a short term period just for giggles: sure. Just stick with the starter map and don't go further than that. That should last you a month. 

For a long term to experience the whole map and content: don't bother. 80% of the entire map is too abandoned to give you that MMO feeling. 

thank you for your answer, I think I will do just as you suggested.

To bad G1 is letting both FE and APB go to total waste.

Edited by MikeSweet, 30 January 2017 - 06:57 AM.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7747 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

thank you for your answer, I think I will do just as you suggested.

To bad G1 is letting both FE and APB go to total waste.

APB is still focused, FE however... nope.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

Mutarenebula

Mutarenebula

Conscript

• 383 posts
  • Joined 08-September 11

Time to release this thread and start a new  one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users