Jenz/Amaka

Jenz/Amaka

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2332 posts
  • Joined 02-April 11

mkoaU.png

Previous thread's OP was dead and bunch of useful links and tips were all over the forums. We figured we’d take this time to show off the more creative side of this community. And help those who want to do their own Renders too.

Thread will provide tutorials and links to programs we use in said tutorials. Resources for materials, skeleton and other bunch of stuff that will help you. And finished works for people who’ve created albums of their stuff they’ve made for people so you can see their progress as well.

Now start posting! Renders, ideas, projects. problems, instructions, Anything!

Tutorials

5a7d0c7acc.jpg0a21fc71e8.jpg

Downloads
2667d5e890.jpg108ec4b5da.jpg

nl5j4.pnga05f43e5e4.png

mknZw.jpgmknZq.jpg
d539566c4c.pngca429a0038.jpg
b2c901b098.png

a5abd158ec.png2c31a61089.png

Galleries

086363e6d5.jpg4fbc0c30c4.png

c8a84997b2.pngkFxWh4z.png6gcuzv3.png

lPLBQ.pngc0d04a42fc.pnglV0To.jpg

PM me(Jenz/Amaka) of your APB Renders album and I'll add the link here.
Banner size is 300 x 60

Discord
APB Render Help
d37ceb3ffa.png

FAQ

Spoiler

EXTRA

- APB Speculars and Vehicle Emissions
Spoiler

Edited by Jenz/Amaka, 31 October 2017 - 03:17 PM.

Bridgette

Bridgette

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1807 posts
  • Joined 04-June 11

Lovely.

Taking this spot to update stuff if Jenz goes Mia.

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7361 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Reserving this spot in case the above two go missing and for Cycles exclusive info.

Important Info:

1. Old render thread(For those who might find something useful in it)
2. Exporting models tut: SoonTM
3. Noesis/w plugin and Ninja Riper combos: Old or New
4. You should use the Advanced APB launcher for better quality rips, details on that in the new exporting models video
5. Jenz's Skeleton tips.

Seasonal/Misc Stuff:
Halloween Headless Horseman Items (Headless M/F, Turned M/F + Head, ENVEGAS)

Looking for tutorial videos?

Exporting models (Subject to change)

Setting up a character in blender

Edited by SkittyM, 25 May 2016 - 10:14 AM.

FVjIqxO.pngCAZ550X.png?1
Rest in peace [<GM>HEXodus] 2015-2016

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3970 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Wow this is nice. Hell of a lot more organized.  +1 to you guys.

NekuKiriyu

NekuKiriyu

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1020 posts
  • Joined 20-November 13

351 more district files to go, 351 files, you take one down, you texture it around, 50034 more textures to go ;-;

soon.gif

People are weak on their own, but when they have friends to lean on, they can grow much stronger. -Aneko Chan

Jenz/Amaka

Jenz/Amaka

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2332 posts
  • Joined 02-April 11

-snip-

Edited by Jenz/Amaka, 03 June 2016 - 01:58 AM.

SKay

SKay

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

Everything Source!

How to convert to Source Games (any really)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PREREQUISITES :

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

STEP 1 : IMPORTING TO BLENDER

Start off as if you were just doing some posing in Blender, import your newly converted prop into Blender and have it sit there nice and handy. DO NOT SWITCH TO CYCLES RENDER. We'll stick with Blender Render for now. Make sure you have the base texture ready cause the next step requires it.

Make sure your 3D view is set to Textured : 6e2a0992010ce25511dc1ab5fba4c660.png and your model looks like this now :

cb0493f06affceb9d23515047ef940ca.png

STEP 2 : SETTING THE MODEL UP FOR EXPORT

Select the model, switch to edit mode and click on the Materials tab that has now popped up : 5886ef4150edd0f87089ea323315aa15.png

Under the materials tab, rename the material name to your name of choice (It's usually Tex_xyz.dds) like in this example :

37d6d47cf8abf09851ddb27d469cf926.png

This material name is very important. It's the name of the material the model will look for once it is compiled.

Make sure the material covers the portions of the mesh that it needs to work properly with the UV mapping (in this case the whole model) by clicking Select.

5b933c60325358e1a50aea75f5939dca.png

Now that you've got the mesh you need to apply the texture to selected, click and drag the material of choice onto the model itself. It should now look a little bit like this :

851edac81ba6e5e6f7b90aeebb14e524.png

Remember to remove the doubles and flip the Normals under Shading/UV

2bdc16bf837d58e66f218c203d6c3676.png

That's it for setting up the model for exportation, now to export and compile!

STEP 3 : EXPORTING MODEL

If you have installed the Blender Source Tools at this point then you'll be absolutely fine for the next step. If you haven't do so now.

Under Scene properties, if you scroll down you should see this tab now :

2593f8ee75af2a145433a57f7ef0c940.png

I'll go through each at a time :

• Export Path : Where you want the processed model to sit after you click Export.
  • Export Format : Completely ignore DMX. SMD all the way.
  • Target Up Axis : Make sure this is ALWAYS set to the Z axis.
  • Engine Path : Not needed unless it's for a custom mod, and even then it's not necessary.

The first two must be set before exporting.

Once you've set these, head over to the export tab and export the model.

0051fbd2fe8fd3d4eb0b017069a61cf9.png

Congratulations! You should have an .smd model sitting in the directory you just exported to!

STEP 4 : COMPILING TO MDL

If you've already downloaded Crowbar, then this will be sneaky peaky like. If you haven't then I'd suggest you get it now.

Once you've launched crowbar, you should go to the Compile tab and it should look like this :

4611c731721611ba0397296e68446157.png

You should now create a qc file for your model (situated in the same folder as your recently exported model) and a sample is provided here.

If you need a list of commands the QC file can execute, then here you go.

If all is good, press compile and voila! You should have a nice set of files for the game of your choice!

STEP 5 : TEXTURE CONVERSION

This is very lengthy and annoying to explain. Follow this tool here and you should be able to get it done in a jiffy.

STEP 6 : FINAL RESULT

If all is good, if you are able to get your model loaded in, it should be similar to this :

S5zoytl.png

And it's as simple as that!

Any questions let me know!

- SKay

Edited by SKay, 19 December 2015 - 09:52 AM.

7nEgYyJ.jpg

Characters : Union - SKay (Crim) OfficerSK (Enforcer) Citadel - SKayCrim (Crim) SKayENF (Enforcer)

If you have a question about APB, it's weapons, cars, mods and LeBoyce, PM me! I am an SPCM!

u8YLaPP.png

noob 1v1 me pls ;D

LilacToaster

LilacToaster

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Joined 05-December 12

Hiiii >^.^<

zIIRUm9.png

Edited by LilacToaster, 13 December 2015 - 11:19 PM.

SKay

SKay

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

Mmmmmmmyesssssssss

fba9271513b99a83306832ac32544e53.png

kw5qayR.jpg

rVrnl49.jpg

Got it working finally! Whats working so far :

[✓] Collisions : Bullet penetration, how it interacts with the world etc.

[✓] Base Texture and Spec

[✓] Da

More to come soon....

Edited by SKay, 12 December 2015 - 08:12 AM.

7nEgYyJ.jpg

Characters : Union - SKay (Crim) OfficerSK (Enforcer) Citadel - SKayCrim (Crim) SKayENF (Enforcer)

If you have a question about APB, it's weapons, cars, mods and LeBoyce, PM me! I am an SPCM!

u8YLaPP.png

noob 1v1 me pls ;D

Cazadora

Cazadora

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Joined 26-October 14
Spoiler

This... Love the mood and the apartment!

I wanted to ask a quick question, is anyone planning or currently exporting buildings and stuff? I tried myself but it's really time consuming and I want to focus on animations, which you can participate if you want!

And again, thank you guys for the blender tips and materials!

deviantart_new_logo_by_th3emoo-d893lu2.p4qyZTDo.pngZuWT1Sj.png

93eyCKy.gifAPB Comics Wikij4MrKJk.gif

Bridgette

Bridgette

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1807 posts
  • Joined 04-June 11
Spoiler

This... Love the mood and the apartment!

I wanted to ask a quick question, is anyone planning or currently exporting buildings and stuff? I tried myself but it's really time consuming and I want to focus on animations, which you can participate if you want!

And again, thank you guys for the blender tips and materials!

I tried, Jenz did too. Jenz has the filler buildings, aka the buildings you can't enter, exported out. They work well for filling the skyline with buildings. As for specific rebuilding of san paro it's a bit wonky how buildings are exported and textures are layered. I've only managed to get suji's place and doubleb's train station reconstructed, not textured tho.

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7361 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

I tried, Jenz did too. Jenz has the filler buildings, aka the buildings you can't enter, exported out. They work well for filling the skyline with buildings. As for specific rebuilding of san paro it's a bit wonky how buildings are exported and textures are layered. I've only managed to get suji's place and doubleb's train station reconstructed, not textured tho.

An alternative to this(assuming you don't care what your buildings look like and don't mind spending a bit on something) would have to be a city generator.

http://cgchan.com/store/scenecity/

Is a good one, i even use it, think i've seen Bridge use it too.

Spoiler

Are some of my own examples, render times and quality can start to get really funky/heavy, but i would assume you're using BI render instead of cycles, so you should be fine.

FVjIqxO.pngCAZ550X.png?1

Bridgette

Bridgette

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1807 posts
  • Joined 04-June 11

Yeah, I've used scenecity. Which reminded me that the dude updated it to v0.9.

Ws04lK2l.png

But I've also just created my own scene/street with this pack in conjunction with the buildings Jenz exported out.

ZPBn7LUl.jpg

Because sometimes you don't need the whole city. You'll lag a bit depending on how much you get generated and for a picture it's easier to fill out your own frame, sometimes. Another option is to export sims3/4 stuff and use those as well. You can use TSR Workshop and export those buildings and even interior and exterior liveries. Sims props works way too well with APB characters.

Lots of options for lots of situations.

Edited by Bridgette, 12 December 2015 - 02:26 PM.

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7361 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Yeah, I've used scenecity. Which reminded me that the dude updated it to v0.9.

Ws04lK2l.png

But I've also just created my own scene/street with this pack in conjunction with the buildings Jenz exported out.

ZPBn7LUl.jpg

Because sometimes you don't need the whole city. You'll lag a bit depending on how much you get generated and for a picture it's easier to fill out your own frame, sometimes. Another option is to export sims3/4 stuff and use those as well. You can use TSR Workshop and export those buildings and even interior and exterior liveries. Sims props works way too well with APB characters.

Lots of options for lots of situations.

Really, you could use anything from anywhere and it'll work.

mB8QZx8.png

I know GTA IV has A LOT of prebulit interiors, though getting those together is a task...  Little bit of work and you can get something going though.

GTA V has a mines worth of interiors and come next week, interior options that you can also use, but the 3DSMax tools for OIV have yet to be updated to support the new file type, so you'd likely be stuck with Z Modeler for that stuff.

I also know Ninjaripper works in Payday 2, so if you want stuff from that, you can rip it the same way you do APB stuff. 

Loads of options for things, just not everything is easy to use.  Honestly though, id start with simple interiors, and work your way up from there.

FVjIqxO.pngCAZ550X.png?1

Cazadora

Cazadora

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Joined 26-October 14

Wow guys thanks a lot!! I rather work with small pieces of background, so single buildings work awesome! And I'll also try exporting from other games!

deviantart_new_logo_by_th3emoo-d893lu2.p4qyZTDo.pngZuWT1Sj.png

93eyCKy.gifAPB Comics Wikij4MrKJk.gif

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Nice! 

2zjgihi.jpg

Merry Xmas !

Trench model available. (it cover every type/size of model, like a true dress.)

(texture WIP)

LilacToaster

LilacToaster

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Joined 05-December 12

RIP Exporting APB Models

@Skitty, you still have to send me characters for material testing!

Chenelle

Chenelle

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 09-February 11

I am trying to do almost everything he did in Blender, but it smeems its not that what i saw on the video.. :( I did everything good with Noesis! 

Bridgette

Bridgette

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1807 posts
  • Joined 04-June 11

I'm not sure if anyone still downloads the weapons pack and keeps up with it but I do keep it updated/dated in my sig. Added the new guns n whatnot.

Jenz/Amaka

Jenz/Amaka

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2332 posts
  • Joined 02-April 11

Releasing one last update for the skeleton that should fix the knee problem, and some other few tiny fixes.

Use Knee Controllers to rotate 'em.

20ffd7dc2f.jpg

I'll give another update once I learn something new, currently its lacking tutorials on rigging process itself but I plan to do something soonish. Probably in a video format.

lZuBc.png

Edited by Jenz/Amaka, 17 December 2015 - 05:09 PM.

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9834 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

This thread should be pinned already, not to mention the awesome renders alone.

1uVO6I8.pngxe9son3d.pngxwETgqUG.pngx247ErQH.pngxu77JliO.pngm0gXBtA.png x9hq5r2E.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! x [ somethin kool x [ wts> girlfriends x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

SyllyBear

SyllyBear

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2499 posts
  • Joined 28-May 15

Reserving this spot in case the above two go missing and for Cycles exclusive info.

Enjoy a random image while you think im doing important things when im actually not...

Spoiler

Pm everything.

pmV9AdQ.png

YAMEROOOOOOOOOOO

SKay

SKay

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

10e873d6568084cd5ee24cefd56e6295.png

This is coming later today (once I stop attempting to convert EVERYTHING and gosh darning it up.) I got (slightly) carried away and converted quite a lot more than I anticipated, but at least it was good practice getting back into the swing of things.

A word of warning before I publish the tutorial :

•  The model scale between the two games engines are completely different. On average you're looking at a 2:1 difference (sometimes 3:1) where comparing APB:Source
  • Source relies on a lot of third party tools to get stuff converted over. (explained below)
  • Collision models have to be built manually. If the model is a simple nice cylinder like a set of barrels then there's absolutely no need to create a collision model for it (since the compiler can automatically build one for itself using simple data) but if it's more complex, you'll be working your arse off for it.

If I take the example of lets say CoD4 (cause I have recently ported over a few bits from it) the tools that I need to get converted from one to the other are as follows (Source being marked in bold, third party marked in italic) :

1. CoD Radiant Tools
  2. Blender conversion
  3. Source Blender Tools
  4. VTFEdit
  5. Crowbar
  6. Directory Compilation
  7. CS:GO SDK
  8. End.

End result looks a little bit like this :

Spoiler

Now while the steps for APB are a (bit) smaller, you will have to go through a fair few steps to get to the end result. It'll be worth it though.

Stay tuned for the text version that I will release later today and the video version to come soon (maybe even today as well, who knows?)

Edited by SKay, 18 December 2015 - 04:43 AM.

7nEgYyJ.jpg

u8YLaPP.png

noob 1v1 me pls ;D

Sadira

Sadira

Descended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3254 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11

I'll go ahead and reserve this spot for those that wish to do this stuff on Maya. I'm on the final steps of figuring things out, just waiting for my rigging course from school to come up now - of course gonna start researching things myself for a speedier process.

Glad there's a new, more organized thread now!

Edited by Sadira, 18 December 2015 - 06:56 AM.

NMS5SG2.jpg

RTW Veteran/CBT Veteran || Wife of Neonis || Got art to show off? Come to this thread! 
hi im sadira. Character commissions open! Send a PM.

Bridgette

Bridgette

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1807 posts
  • Joined 04-June 11

Yeah, I'm going to try my best this holiday season to get out a comprehensive but straightforward guide on how to do the render thing. Because we're at a point where it's really easy to do with all the materials groups and premade things that we have set up for it.

SKay

SKay

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Joined 19-January 14

Merry Christmas from me! I've (finally) written up a very basic conversion tutorial here.

Any questions let me know!

7nEgYyJ.jpg

u8YLaPP.png

noob 1v1 me pls ;D

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7361 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

So, for those who haven't noticed, i managed to get the old Exporting models thread locked a few days ago so all 3d activity should be posted here or in its own separate thread.

Meanwhile i have been busy with things...

sNXYW1W.png

Also, i do swap out the image in my first post (Post #3) so keep and eye on that if your interested.  Maybe when you're not looking there will be something ultimately lewd in it...

(What did i do with that Exporting models video i made?)

FVjIqxO.pngCAZ550X.png?1

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

i am working on a sys that allow a simple dualcore 2.6GHz to manage over than 70 AI in real time, it works on the first test! with more than 40fps!

video will come soon 

Jenz/Amaka

Jenz/Amaka

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2332 posts
  • Joined 02-April 11

So, for those who haven't noticed, i managed to get the old Exporting models thread locked a few days ago so all 3d activity should be posted here or in its own separate thread.

Saw that, thanks!

Mr. Obeya

Mr. Obeya

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1293 posts
  • Joined 21-December 14

sNXYW1W.png

Is the cloudy HDR image seamless? Where did you get it from?

RiotCop (Enf) - From Citadel with love.

Bridgette

Bridgette

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1807 posts
  • Joined 04-June 11

Is the cloudy HDR image seamless? Where did you get it from?

http://cgchan.com/st...city/sceneskies

Or if you buy SceneCity it comes with it as well.

Mr. Obeya

Mr. Obeya

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1293 posts
  • Joined 21-December 14

http://cgchan.com/st...city/sceneskies

Or if you buy SceneCity it comes with it as well.

Thanks. I wonder what the free version resolution "original size" is. lol

I swear that I saw one of these used somewhere, these panoramas are pretty awesome. 

Edited by Mr. Obeya, 20 December 2015 - 12:55 PM.

Jenz/Amaka

Jenz/Amaka

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2332 posts
  • Joined 02-April 11

Little Xmas comic

m6qGO.jpg

m6qQs.jpg

m6qQW.jpg

m6qRe.jpg

m6qRB.jpg

m6qSn.jpg

m6qSQ.jpg

Storyboard Version

im only good at ERPvP

im only good at ERPvP

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3601 posts
  • Joined 30-January 12

Little Xmas comic

Storyboard Version

Lmao!

03c86027a4.png
Just some dumb silver
Spoiler

Sadira

Sadira

Descended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3254 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11

Little Xmas comic

Storyboard Version

LMAO

(Soon as I get on my PC I'm liking the mommy out of this)

Edited by Sadira, 23 December 2015 - 11:16 PM.

NMS5SG2.jpg

RTW Veteran/CBT Veteran || Wife of Neonis || Got art to show off? Come to this thread! 
hi im sadira. Character commissions open! Send a PM.

ZeroGravity-010-

ZeroGravity-010-

Initiate

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 17-October 13

That is gold.

g8bze8-5.png

GenerallyLethal [ no clan -|-  zerogravity010 [ NINJA TECH ]

Render (Thanks Bridgette!)

LilacToaster

LilacToaster

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Joined 05-December 12

It's been a long time since i rendered anything... Made this Hong Kong MTR and I hope I will render my character in it:

14cy7i8.png

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7361 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

It's been a long time since i rendered anything... Made this Hong Kong MTR and I hope I will render my character in it:

14cy7i8.png

Oh no, i feel like i know where this is going to go...

FVjIqxO.pngCAZ550X.png?1

Mr. Obeya

Mr. Obeya

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1293 posts
  • Joined 21-December 14

Oh no, i feel like i know where this is going to go...

Can someone enlighten me? D:

Ellix

Ellix

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4993 posts
  • Joined 04-July 12

14cy7i8.png

d2cdf4bb77049c1bc6cc17869c5031a3.png

84c337a2297c2030ee6924e353e0d819.png

EllixOnline dw_EX2_Hi.png Citadel EU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users