Jump to content
Mercedeez

Threat - more than a display of 'skill'

Threat - more than an display of 'skill'  

67 members have voted

  1. 1. Should higher threat grant you privileges over lower threat?

    • Yes - revoke the district chat rights of all silvers.
      21
    • No - silvers deserve respect too
      38
    • Merc4life -Profiday
      8


Recommended Posts

And here i am alone , wishing all districts were open conflict 😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, -Rachel- said:

People who dethreat aren't usually real golds. I go between gold and silver frequently due to my badness at the game (I used to be a lot better and was perma gold for years), and the golds I fight on the bronze server are almost always trash at the game, even to me... and I'm about as rusty as a nail in the ocean.

You right.

in theory, have a threat that skip from silver to gold and back, should be the normality inside a little community like us.

i would add a special threat for real permaGold, League of Legend use Diamond threat level for about 3% of population, and this is the most great incentive for a gold to not "dethreath" in my vision.

like a champion label.

plus LOL give to diamond team/clan that won official championship some rare benefit that influence entire game (like the skins,gadget).

 

however the real problem is that different server threat give different PC game performance , maybe 10 fps are nothing for good pc, but for a 50/60fps pc is like a stomp on foot.

i can beat every silver in bronze district, but carry me in a silver district and also the pedestrians are able to kill me. 😞

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

You right.

in theory, have a threat that skip from silver to gold and back, should be the normality inside a little community like us.

i would add a special threat for real permaGold, League of Legend use Diamond threat level for about 3% of population, and this is the most great incentive for a gold to not "dethreath" in my vision.

like a champion label.

plus LOL give to diamond team/clan that won official championship some rare benefit that influence entire game (like the skins,gadget).

 

however the real problem is that different server threat give different PC game performance , maybe 10 fps are nothing for good pc, but for a 50/60fps pc is like a stomp on foot.

i can beat every silver in bronze district, but carry me in a silver district and also the pedestrians are able to kill me. 😞

 

 

I think threat is wrong-headed in the first place, it shouldn't be visible to anyone. Matchmaking/MMR/etc. should not be player facing. That's the only way to balance the game in its current state, as the game's weapons and mechanics are generally balanced, but the matchmaker usually created imbalanced matches. Of course the only way to resolve that is cross-district matchmaking.

Edited by -Rachel-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

that’s not how freedom of speech works

free_speech.png

 

Word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, -Rachel- said:

 

 

Word.

i disagree.

if there is a food blog and 99% of people that like meat, this doesnt concern automatic bann who talk about carrots and onions soup.

and however a different point of view is always useful.

at least for check if majority is correct and why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Queen of Love said:

i disagree.

if there is a food blog and 99% of people that like meat, this doesnt concern automatic bann who talk about carrots and onions soup.

and however a different point of view is always useful.

at least for check if majority is correct and why.

What the actual hell are you talking about and how does it even remotely relate to what we were saying?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Removing the ability to chat removes the team aspect from the game, and APB is a team game where you need to work as a team to achieve the obj and win. Barring certain skill groups from being able to use all features is once again a bias and it would lead to further imbalance between vets and newbies/lesser skilled players. There honestly really is no argument here. You cant restrict chat unless you take away a core feat of the game which is communication.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Removing the ability to chat removes the team aspect from the game, and APB is a team game where you need to work as a team to achieve the obj and win. Barring certain skill groups from being able to use all features is once again a bias and it would lead to further imbalance between vets and newbies/lesser skilled players. There honestly really is no argument here. You cant restrict chat unless you take away a core feat of the game which is communication.

One would assume the OP knows this and is trying to be ironic and / or funny. But with this being the APB forums, we can't be sure and it is possible they actually mean it.

 

If we're being serious, the idea is quite obviously absolutely terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrChan said:

One would assume the OP knows this and is trying to be ironic and / or funny. But with this being the APB forums, we can't be sure and it is possible they actually mean it.

 

If we're being serious, the idea is quite obviously absolutely terrible.

Some things yea but considering the wording of the OP and how some ppl have such hardons for blaming mid range skilled players I really think there srs. Its THE worst idea to ever be put in the forums and the ppl who voted yes should go look in a mirror.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

what are these garbage choices

 

i think we should revoke the chat rights of golds

This should work... Since a good part of'em are Annoying P.R.I.C.K.S. full of themselves. Some are nicer, others are just ego-driven idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maverick13 said:

This should work... Since a good part of'em are Annoying P.R.I.C.K.S. full of themselves. Some are nicer, others are just ego-driven idiots.

Cause silencing a huge section of the playerbase won't create even more toxicity. I've met plenty of silvers and bronzes who are just as much a-holes as any gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -Rachel- said:

Cause silencing a huge section of the playerbase won't create even more toxicity. I've met plenty of silvers and bronzes who are just as much a-holes as any gold.

This too... But the majority of toxicity I saw came mainly from some golds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maverick13 said:

This too... But the majority of toxicity I saw came mainly from some golds.

I don't think toxicity knows any borders, and muting the golds will only cause even more dethreating. It's not a feasible solution whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

please don’t have a serious discussion over my shitpost

 

it almost makes me feel bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -Rachel- said:

I don't think toxicity knows any borders, and muting the golds will only cause even more dethreating. It's not a feasible solution whatsoever.

True... The Bronze problem is. The majority of'em are novices that parachuted into the Silver Server, so if you kill them one or two times, they'll bother you by PM-ing calling you cheater... You know, that cheap stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -Rachel- said:

What the actual hell are you talking about and how does it even remotely relate to what we were saying?

sorry for triggering, i didnt would be offensive.

I was considering that an open door could be used in both ways.

if is shown as an exit, immediatly is tagged as a free entry for who support everything without any critic.

and sometime an army of yes-man is worst than some little pest around .

 

do you remember who hardly critized the EU4 for APB? We did the poll, Ue4 won,new content Not.

who critized has been put on door.( and even without gifting Tshirt! )

the majority of yes-man (i followed them too, they were nice people) plus entire players community had no Eu4 and neither a great amount of new content.

 

maybe leave the little pest trolling around a bit is not always a damage.

 

sorry for my bad english , i will try to have best luck with German.

Guten Tag :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

sorry for triggering, i didnt would be offensive.

I was considering that an open door could be used in both ways.

if is shown as an exit, immediatly is tagged as a free entry for who support everything without any critic.

and sometime an army of yes-man is worst than some little pest around .

 

do you remember who hardly critized the EU4 for APB? We did the poll, Ue4 won,new content Not.

who critized has been put on door.( and even without gifting Tshirt! )

the majority of yes-man (i followed them too, they were nice people) plus entire players community had no Eu4 and neither a great amount of new content.

 

maybe leave the little pest trolling around a bit is not always a damage.

 

sorry for my bad english , i will try to have best luck with German.

Guten Tag 😄

 

I.. think.. I understand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -Rachel- said:

free_speech.png

 

Word.

freespeech.jpg

 

It is an example where i gave you a contundent argument about my reasoning and you started insulting me.

Edited by Ken2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This kind of threads, we don't need. I don't see the point and it looks more like a trolling thread while I was about to post a new thread regarding a question about threat, but had to come here and waste time with more toxicity toward players and their threat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ken2 said:

freespeech.jpg

 

It is an example where i gave you a contundent argument about my reasoning and you started insulting me.

the principle of free speech is great and all but ultimately it doesnt matter without legislation backing it up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MrChan said:

OP, what about Bronzes and Greens?

The reason I targeted silvers alone - isn't due to less mechanical skill compared to higher or lowered threat players. It is merley due to their toxic nature, when you're in 2nd place you're more prown to be ambitious with a strong viligence towards reaching that said goal. Meanwhile people who happen to reside within the bronze and green district are simple - not minded, but humble people with goals too. They've still managed to retain their humanity and joy in the game, and cherish our every moment with their insatiable lust for knowledge and curiosos with everything that APB has to offer. 

 

1 hour ago, Salvick said:

This kind of threads, we don't need. I don't see the point and it looks more like a trolling thread while I was about to post a new thread regarding a question about threat, but had to come here and waste time with more toxicity toward players and their threat.

I usually detest commenting on such posts, but for once I thought it'd make a point. We've got a 'special' social culture among us here in the APB community, we've survived hardship, savioured victory and experinced strong emotions fluctating with a lack of a solid future for our beloved game. The only way to reach out and create opinion is to adapt and socially intergrate yourself to the readers. 

 

You only see, what you desire to see. But open your eyes, and thou shall see.

Quote

"THREAT - MORE THAN AN DISPLAY OF 'SKILL'"

Quote

"Should higher threat grant you privileges over lower threat?"

It is two open questions that validates some concerns and long forgotten ideas that founded the identity of APB. APB has a fundamental thought about 'creating your identity' - becoming a celeberity which previously was a theme inside the vision of Realtime Worlds APB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's known for his "mature" forum posts, I don't know how people still don't know this about Mercedeez

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...