Mercedeez

Threat - more than a display of 'skill'

Threat - more than an display of 'skill'  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Should higher threat grant you privileges over lower threat?

• Yes - revoke the district chat rights of all silvers.
    • No - silvers deserve respect too
    • Merc4life -Profiday

How to solve the toxicity is by simply removing the problem, but alas we cannot remove a large portion of the community since we need them to populate the game.

ย 

On 5/27/2018 at 8:25 PM, Sniperturtle said:

You got a point there - just wrong side round, i think anyone who is in a district not appropriate for their threat should be prevented from chatting and even whispering others.

Good idea, no?

EDIT: (Sry for late reply my internet broke)

This man makes a really good point. I honestly think this is the right choice, exept ofcourse. Gold should be able to talk everywhere regardless of which district they visit.

Edited by Mercedeez

God yes, tired of silvers messing with game mechanics.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is a joke or serious... but I'm quite sure LO already stated they will rework the threat system if not scrap itย entirely?

1 minute ago, Nessie said:

I'm not sure if this is a joke or serious... but I'm quite sure LO already stated they will rework the threat system if not scrap itย entirely?

Where did they say that?

2 minutes ago, Nessie said:

ย 

Just now, Puffdragon said:

Where did they say that?

This. I too, am curious about this. Which would render my unquestionable perfect solution unecessary.

2 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

Where did they say that?

ย 

Just now, Mercedeez said:

ย 

This. I too, am curious about this. Which would render my unquestionable perfect solution unecessary.

ย 

"The threat system has to be altered at a minimum, or if necessary, scrapped and started over." -Matt Scott

ย 

coming from the dev stream Q&Aย ->

ย 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

Where did they say that?

• Like 1

This is.. I'm uncertain about my feeling for this. But I'll add it on the topic start. Then, how we will show dominance over the confused herd of silvers?

• Like 1

Mercedeez is very known for being a very serious forum user.ย 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Nessie said:

ย 

ย 

"The threat system has to be altered at a minimum, or if necessary, scrapped and started over." -Matt Scott

ย 

coming from the dev stream Q&Aย ->

ย 

ย 

I'm not sure if you remember, but it was normal to modify the threat system once in a while or it would get bloated with golds.

Everyone deserves basic respect as human beings.

ย 

Anyways, the threat system is broken and everyone knows it. Threat should be hidden, and matchmaking should be refined (potentially cross-district or add phasing tech).

Edited by -Rachel-

what are these garbage choices

ย 

i think we should revoke the chat rights of golds

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

what are these garbage choices

ย 

i think we should revoke the chat rights of golds

Thats not democratic

3 minutes ago, Kingley said:

Thats not democratic

this is an oligarchalย republic not a democracyย 

4 hours ago, Puffdragon said:

God yes, tired of silvers messing with game mechanics.

As a maxed rank Silver, I admit I feelย a bit of resentment towards your comment.

We have feelings too.....:classic_biggrin:

ย 

Edited by Westford

7 minutes ago, Kingley said:

Thats not democratic

There are more not-goldsย than golds in the playerbase. If there were to be a vote that was arranged democraticly, golds would lose most of these elections unless they get support from silvers.

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

this is an oligarchalย republic not a democracyย 

Pretty much. There are currently some gold players who have way more power over the game than the random silver due to their heards of followers and whatnot.

ย 

I'm just a hermit living inย a cave near the village, rarely seen by anyone.

3 minutes ago, Chinook said:

There are more not-goldsย than golds in the playerbase. If there were to be a vote that was arranged democraticly, golds would lose most of these elections unless they get support from silvers.

Pretty much. There are currently some gold players who have way more power over the game than the random silver due to their heards of followers and whatnot.

ย 

I'm just a hermit living inย a cave near the village, rarely seen by anyone.

lol i was actually right?

ย 

i just threw some half remembered high school social studies terms together lmao

v2qhb.jpg

• Like 1

Are we srsly asking for chat revoke cause of your threat? You do realize thats bias on all lvls for lower skilled players. Freedom of speech dictates that anyone and everyone has a fair right to speak wether right or wrong. Everyone should be able to speak regardless of threat and or lvl and the OP should be ashamed of themselves for trying to revoke this simple right. Its not right to remove a game feature that allows someone to enjoy the game, to make friends and group up and would only serve to impact the game negatively.

You got a point there - just wrong side round, i think anyone who is in a district not appropriate for their threat should be prevented from chatting and even whispering others.

Good idea, no?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sniperturtle said:

Good idea, no?

No, it's not a good idea. Threat segregation was a mistake in the first place, doing this would only encourage further toxicity and isn't conducive to the long term health of the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Are we srsly asking for chat revoke cause of your threat? You do realize thats bias on all lvls for lower skilled players. Freedom of speech dictates that anyone and everyone has a fair right to speak wether right or wrong. Everyone should be able to speak regardless of threat and or lvl and the OP should be ashamed of themselves for trying to revoke this simple right. Its not right to remove a game feature that allows someone to enjoy the game, to make friends and group up and would only serve to impact the game negatively.

thatโ€™s not how freedom of speech works

if silvers are so lesive to the good taste of goldie lifestyle, why EVERY gold dethreat for 30 minutes for join the bronze district?

should be logic for a gold that wish to avoid any contact with silver people move to Gold district or stay on not Officialy gold district (the current silver districts)

ย 

oh i forgot, i am gold too sometime.

i should be bronze , never understood where the game sys find any kind of combat skill in my fight style.

i guess is the power of placebo.

๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

1 minute ago, Queen of Love said:

if silvers are so lesive to the good taste of goldie lifestyle, why EVERY gold dethreat for 30 minutes for join the bronze district?

should be logic for a gold that wish to avoid any contact with silver people move to Gold district or stay on not Officialy gold district (the current silver districts)

ย 

oh i forgot, i am gold too sometime.

i should be bronze , never understood where the game sys find any kind of combat skill in my fight style.

i guess is the power of placebo.

๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

People who dethreat aren't usually real golds. I go between gold and silver frequently due to my badness at the game (I used to be a lot better and was perma gold for years), and the golds I fight on the bronze server are almost always trash at the game, even to me... and I'm about as rusty as a nail in the ocean.