Sign in to follow this  
Swibby

Will you guys wipe the unmerged names?

I just wana change my from GRAVlTY (L) to GRAVITY 😞

Some guy took the damn name......

40 minutes ago, W1LL0W said:

Yes it did, however I am on vacation and can't currently log in until I get home next week....

And my character "kitty", along with all y other chars, are appearing as merged to Jericho, but with a long string of random numbers/letters attached to them...which sucks.

@lixil why do several of my character's now have strings of numbers/letters attached to them???

I can answer this. If a character on the server you merged to had the same name first yours got a random string added to it. Happened to one of my merged characters.

Thanks!
Cause I had the name "kitty" which is pretty rare...but now it's got the string on it.

Also kinda wondering about my PurpleCat gun being given out in joker boxes in Nekrova....since I won that in a contest and they changed the info about it on the apbdb....that's my gun...

But I'll file a ticket for it when I get back from vacation I guess. :3

Edited by W1LL0W

50 minutes ago, W1LL0W said:

Yes it did, however I am on vacation and can't currently log in until I get home next week....

And my character "kitty", along with all y other chars, are appearing as merged to Jericho, but with a long string of random numbers/letters attached to them...which sucks.

@lixil why do several of my character's now have strings of numbers/letters attached to them???

10 minutes ago, Lixil said:

Um... that's a good question... that probably has a good answer. It's 3am here so I won't get any reply regarding this. As soon as I hear something about it I will let you know.

That's what happens to unmerged characters that will be forced to rename their characters upon logging in with them for the first time.

-delete-

Edited by W1LL0W

30 minutes ago, Lixil said:

Um... that's a good question... that probably has a good answer. It's 3am here so I won't get any reply regarding this. As soon as I hear something about it I will let you know.

It was when G1 merged the European servers, the characters were renamed to solve the issue of identical names in the previously separate servers, but I think all characters were renamed, not just the ones were a duplicate was found.

@necromancer66

That's different. My character's were joker/colby characters. someone else must've shared my name on the opposing colby/joker servers. But ppl already answered my question anyways...

So I lost my names and will have to rename when I login.

Either way, I hope LO waits a couple weeks at least before wiping the old names....cause a lot of the pre-merge people still are dealing with the support ticket processes.

Edited by W1LL0W

@Lixil on a similiar situation, what about the cases where names were removed from players that should have got them at the merge? meaning, the eu merge was borked where players could steal other players reserved names. they fixed it then implemented a different server merge solution for na, causing  active na players (few) to lose their name (depsite meeting the merge criteria). few months in, players were given seemingly reserved names by support which in turn bugged the players who should have  got the names in the first place by making them unable to even rename their character for years.

@LUST

was pretty vocal about this issue (because it happened to her one character) but it they pretty much ignored the situation completely even when she provided years of activity compared to the low rank reserve and later the high rank which got the name via support.

this could be the same case for @W1LL0W but would depend on how active she was on Kitty in Colby/Joker versus the opposite on Colby/Joker. It was a case for the name 'fur', where that name was super active (and even banned) on Joker but after the merge, it pretty much went through multiple different players (and even banned again(. Another case was @Rapid99 (if i remember correct). pretty much active veteran players. Sure, some were able to rename and just deal with it, but that's easily a sore spot i bet. sorry if i called out these players, if they didnt want to be called.

third, this was also the issue with the merge and clan names.

tldr, there were unresolved problems with the merge (even after 4 years) should these players be welcomed to reopen their cases with the new support system ahead of any "unmerged" name decision? hate for them to lose their characters again.

10 minutes ago, tennogrineer said:

... Another case was @Rapid99 (if i remember correct). pretty much active veteran players. Sure, some were able to rename and just deal with it, but that's easily a sore spot i bet. sorry if i called out these players, if they didnt want to be called.

I still have the name Rapid99 on my main account, but my criminal / alt did have a forced name change; so my crim went from Agnosia to Allochiria.

Wasn't the end of the world though, since not a ton of people recognize my crim character anyway.

3 minutes ago, Rapid99 said:

I still have the name Rapid99 on my main account, but my criminal / alt did have a forced name change; so my crim went from Agnosia to Allochiria.

Wasn't the end of the world though, since not a ton of people recognize my crim character anyway.

ah cool, thought it was Rapid99. guess that makes sense if its unrecognizable. never would think Agnosia would be taken lol

3 hours ago, W1LL0W said:

@necromancer66

That's different. My character's were joker/colby characters. someone else must've shared my name on the opposing colby/joker servers. But ppl already answered my question anyways...

So I lost my names and will have to rename when I login.

Either way, I hope LO waits a couple weeks at least before wiping the old names....cause a lot of the pre-merge people still are dealing with the support ticket processes.

I am one of those, I haven't been too lazy to rename them until now, so a wipe would be a disaster for those people, but if it really is an issue, renaming them to numbers or something, so each has to struggle with a new name is less of an impact

On 5/27/2018 at 2:18 PM, Swibby said:

The server merge was about 4 years ago so I assume that the people who hasn't logged in since then probably won't even care if they have to change name or not if they ever come back.

Thoughts?

This is a good idea, but some accounts has been banned since the merge and are logging back in just about now as the first unban wave has been done and a second one is about to roll out too.

There are truly unused character names though, registered incorrectly as "in use" by the system. Example: I made a name change which I regretted. Payed for another name change to change back to that name, system says name is taken. I'm pretty sure it isn't. I think there are plenty of names like this registered as taken which are not taken at all. I wrote a ticket to support to see if that name could be released. We'll see what they reply.

Edited by SilverCrow

5 hours ago, W1LL0W said:

When Reloaded did the merge, they went by which characters were active in the last month, not who created the character first or which character had the longest hours played. Most likely someone on another server used that name and signed in once during that time period. Even on my storage account I had two characters with the same name. The one that was created first and played the longest was the one that was required to get a name change.

2 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

When Reloaded did the merge, they went by which characters were active in the last month, not who created the character first or which character had the longest hours played. Most likely someone on another server used that name and signed in once during that time period. Even on my storage account I had two characters with the same name. The one that was created first and played the longest was the one that was required to get a name change.

This didn't always work how it should've though. I had the name 'Kiida' on Patriot which I was actively playing on before the merge (it wasn't very high ranked, probably only ~60 but still active), and lost it to an unused, inactive R9 on Obeya.

Edited by Kiida

10 hours ago, W1LL0W said:

I'm glad that you got unbanned, i really hoped for it. I can't wait to see you around Jericho with your nice outfits and unique sniper, seeing you get banned for such a stupid reason was heartbreaking. :classic_sad:

I really appreciate the old vets of this game, specially the ones that bring color and life to APB, be it thru nice outfit customizations or thru making nice themes. We've lost a ton of quality in this areas.

Anyway, congratulations!! 🤗

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Well this sucks if it's true, cause I was banned a little before the merge...not sure how many months i was inactive because of it, but I would have logged in to reserve my names if u could have.

On 6/9/2018 at 1:44 PM, Kiida said:

This didn't always work how it should've though. I had the name 'Kiida' on Patriot which I was actively playing on before the merge (it wasn't very high ranked, probably only ~60 but still active), and lost it to an unused, inactive R9 on Obeya.

Which shows just how poorly they handled the merge.

On 6/9/2018 at 6:32 AM, Lixil said:

Server merge with duplicate names from different servers

I remember just after the server merge they did not reserve names properly and there was someone who made a new character on the new citadel server with my name, while I was unable to login because of an error. I was freaking out!

Sign in to follow this