8 replies to this topic

Rachey Bear

Rachey Bear

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 22-August 12

Hello my fellow Fallen Earth members,

I am sure the majority of us have sent in support tickets in the past. It has come to my attention that us players are not being provided the information that we have a right to know about.

When we submit a support ticket, the GamersFirst responses are skimpy and do not "define" the case in detail. Say your account has been banned or suspended, most if not all of the responses state that you have violated a part of the agreement and that you will not be getting your account back. Would anyone else like to know in more detail how GamersFirst came up with this verdict? Would anyone like the complete reason onto why your account is no longer accessible? 

All of the support tickets have case numbers, it is as if it is a lawsuit type matter. We as players and supporters of this business have a right to know the reasoning behind why our tickets are being denied, or why certain things have happened. We deserve the full story behind our tickets and our questions.

I hope that others reach out to this post and comment how they feel about the matter. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this post.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7747 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

In truth, yes, they should but even in the ToS/EULA they can decline giving you any information at all.

There should, however, be a "Wall of Shame" like how Fair Fight handles their bans on APB. Then you don't need to ask "why".

P.S. If you share accounts with a hacker/duper, expect to be treated as a hacker/duper. And don't claim you haven't shared accounts Rachey... most already knew for awhile >_>

Edited by Reaps989, 29 July 2015 - 07:50 PM.

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

_yy_

_yy_

Conscript

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Joined 16-October 14

They definetely should.

And yeah the wall of shame would be awesome.

Edited by _yy_, 29 July 2015 - 10:36 PM.

R.I.P  Banned for flagging up.

Rikkus

Rikkus

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 14-May 11

They should tell you, and if  they are  giving a righteous ban for something that  you should be legitimately banned for there shouldn't be a problem telling you precisely why you were banned. In some cases it could be a misunderstanding that can be  grounds for an appeal. However its difficult to appeal anything when you do not know what you are accused of. It is not unreasonable for staff to  go on the record as to why since it becomes a customer service issue.

FDCSigCDRRIKKUS_zpstwaghaie.png

Op Hooligan

Op Hooligan

Conscript

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14

They should tell you, and if  they are  giving a righteous ban for something that  you should be legitimately banned for there shouldn't be a problem telling you precisely why you were banned. In some cases it could be a misunderstanding that can be  grounds for an appeal. However its difficult to appeal anything when you do not know what you are accused of. It is not unreasonable for staff to  go on the record as to why since it becomes a customer service issue.

In their defense, they can choose whether to explain why the account was locked or not (don't get me wrong, I absolutely hate this), we have to remember that this is G1 we're talking about though.

Op Hooligan, Jugg Hooligan, Op Crafter, Salty Sjel, Im Fine, Big Juicy

Reroll Patrol

Rachey Bear

Rachey Bear

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 22-August 12

In their defense, they can choose whether to explain why the account was locked or not (don't get me wrong, I absolutely hate this), we have to remember that this is G1 we're talking about though.

It may be G1, but that doesn't mean they can't change somethings around here and actually take care of their supporters. They are losing people right and left, we deserve to know.

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

The 6th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution states that an accused has the right to a face-to-face confrontation with witnesses against them, in the form of cross-examination. An accused also has the right to defend themselves, in other words, the right to present evidence that proves them innocent of any charges against them.

Where this falls short is this: Confrontational rights only apply to criminal cases, not civil. Technically, G1 does not have to tell us who our accusers are, what we did or why we were banned.

That being said, some of us have spent good money in support of Fallen Earth and that makes us customers. Last time I checked, the customer is always right. As a part of the service, I want to see any person who is banned extended the right to know why they were banned and be given the opportunity to appeal their ban. This process should be standardized and made public for the FE community at large. Changes like this (and quite a few others that have been more than well-covered) would help to bring back the veteran community and attract new blood. Such policy would not cost any additional money to implement. That same generic message sent to ban players can simply say, "you were banned for XYZ...you may appeal this ban within XX days by writing to So-and-so@FE/support...". Simple, effective and shows this community that they are valued and appreciated...something I definitely don't feel right now.

DLBanner1.jpg

Kit Southworth, Kitness Everdeen, Ophanim-Dying Light

baddog

baddog

Novice

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 24-June 15

+1

Player (X) was banned on (Date) because (Reason) for (Duration)

it could even be pinned and locked if needed, just so everyone can see a full list of bans and reasons for any ban.

Mutarenebula

Mutarenebula

Conscript

• Wasteland Engineer - Hazmat
  • 372 posts
  • Joined 08-September 11

As long as trolls do not have the ability to post on the Wall of Shame, I would be OK with one. I just don't want a wall that goes

Mutare Nebula was banned from Fallen earth for cussing in Global

Then a million posts from trolls and haters next to it about what a pain I am.

As long as only the moderator can post in the WAll, I would be fine with that.

Edited by Mutarenebula, 14 September 2015 - 12:13 PM.

Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users