Photo

Micro Stuttering, Freezing, high latency low fps.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

DarkShadowFoxx

DarkShadowFoxx

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Joined 01-August 12

Logged into day and the servers have been nothing but a problem.

stuttering freezing, laggy etc.

its not my network because I have good net.

its not my computer because I get well over 60fps or higher on this game which is more than playable.

its not me because my mouse reacts fine.

its these servers.

im tired of them.

ive paid money into this game and invested time and effort into getting somewhere.

you promised as a whole hearted company to deliver a product a fully functioning product and just because its free does not mean you need to deliver a less than subpar product. 

I want a return on my investment with a playable game.

fnmod_character_clottingagent3.pngfnmod_character_fieldsupplier_wideradiusfnmod_character_happylandings3.png    icon_sniperrifle_psr_muzzlebrake_gold.pnfnmod_weapon_huntingsight3.pngfnmod_weapon_extendedmagazine3.pngfnmod_weapon_heavybarrel3.png    icon_pistol_saspdw.png(<-SA-PDW)  icon_grenade_frag.png(<- Percussion Grenade) (Bishada Mako->) bishadagx8800_gt.pngfnmod_vehicle_mobilesupplyunit.pngfnmod_vehicle_armoredengine3.pngfnmod_vehicle_steelplating3.png

Umbreon TroubleMaker Master Race. D9lmULE.png  fnmod_weapon_silencer.pngfnmod_weapon_tagger.pngfnmod_weapon_huntingsight3.png50% Off (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club Is the Best) 76561198054121705.png

larrytheIants

larrytheIants

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Joined 28-January 14

whole day , just high latency on servers, playing like 10 fps... this is aful , would want to take a break from apb...

Posted Image

Sakurachan

Sakurachan

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Joined 21-November 10

this is actually a problem partially with your system. i have found this to be a result of an older slower generation processor, slow memory, slow hard drive. APB is extremely processor+RAM heavy and if they are not up to the task you get poor performance. worse if you have a paging file set because you have 4-8gb of RAM and even worse if thats set to the same old conventional drive you are running APB off of.

your network and your internet are two different things. you can have 100mb/s downloads and it does not matter if you are using a garbage router your ISP may or may not have supplied you. pair "good" internet with a good router and a good NIC.

its not my computer because I get well over 60fps or higher on this game which is more than playable.

my guess? you have an AMD processor, an entry level chipset(motherboard), and generic system memory or all of the above.

what does this have to do with anything?

its these servers.

yes the servers tend to have a hard time keeping up with the unreal demand sometimes.

im tired of them.

ive paid money into this game and invested time and effort into getting somewhere.

you promised as a whole hearted company to deliver a product a fully functioning product and just because its free does not mean you need to deliver a less than subpar product. 

quote this for me as i have never seen a 'promise' for anything in the 5+ years i have played this game.

if you paid at least 700$ for an intel based system you would not be having any of these problems. this games processing demands are like crytek's demands for graphics processing. if you want to play a crytek based game smoothly you dont buy a bottom of the barrel graphics card all the same if you want to play this game smoothly have a decent i5 processor on a Z series chipset with 16gb of ram 1600+ in speed. SSD is a bonus.

Posted Image

R.I.P. RTW

Resine

Resine

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2962 posts
  • Joined 09-April 13

Sounds like APB, when i read the title of this particular thread.

Ether

oerg866

oerg866

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Joined 27-December 14

APB has a furry filter that might be your problem.

tl;dr read the other 9000 topics that have been created about this issue the past few days

:^)

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3814 posts
  • Joined 07-February 15

Putting Heavy Barrel 3 on the HVR causes extra stuttering. 

Ia8NHrf.png

SW1FT

SW1FT

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Joined 08-July 12

Putting Heavy Barrel 3 on the HVR causes extra stuttering. 

I've heard using Percs also gives +10% stuttering.

m2nGaOE.png

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3814 posts
  • Joined 07-February 15

I've heard using Percs also gives +10% stuttering.

Also players lose 20 fps in a 100m radius upon detonation. 

Ia8NHrf.png

BrianRolling

BrianRolling

Unreal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10299 posts
  • Joined 06-June 10

So far so good with the UPStyle Advanced Launcher.

Fatal1ty Pixels

Fatal1ty Pixels

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2140 posts
  • Joined 31-August 11

The only thing i noticed was my fps gong down by 10 after the last 2 updates

Mod Squad

Mod Squad

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3821 posts
  • Joined 28-July 09

Strangely, mine just decided to run at 120fps consistently.

Jericho : MrFappyPenguin | TokenPotHeadRickRitalin | MrsHappyPenguin
Bubblenut | AbbyAdderal | NubileBut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | luberness
Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy #NotEnoughCharacterSlots

StellaBridger

StellaBridger

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Joined 01-May 13

I have about +100 extra latency last few days too.
Btw tracert to the game server is fine. Looks like problem in their local net.

Sorry if my english bad, it's not my native.

And yeah, I learned it in game chats looking how kids speaking :\
uiyqOqm.pnglH6fKz5.png

Sodium

Sodium

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1552 posts
  • Joined 26-November 14

I still don't get why people are defending this game... It's more than noticeable the performance drop over the few latest patches.

The game doesn't even use 4 cores properly... 

MySodiuM 14px-twitch-icon.png

Realization ; notSodium  (Citadel) ; Within (Jericho)

Nitric

Nitric

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1358 posts
  • Joined 09-January 12

I played Asylum last night and it was dreadful, stuttering to the point of it making me queasy playing, it's not usually that consistently bad for that long and usually the only issues I have from my end are how weird everything gets when my computer is too hot, usually accompanied by a crash or blue screen of death.

But I really don't think it was my end this time, considering I heard a few others complaining about the same thing, freezing during the end of a fire fight and not seeing how you died is also something I get when the servers seem to be spazzing out, that happened a lot last night, too. 

Enforcer - NitricZenith
Criminal -Xiaolian

DarkShadowFoxx

DarkShadowFoxx

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Joined 01-August 12

I still don't get why people are defending this game... It's more than noticeable the performance drop over the few latest patches.

The game doesn't even use 4 cores properly... 

I feel like they keep bloating up the games code and optimizing it to the pcs they are designed on instead of optimizing it for a multitude of pcs.

id love for a moderator to post what computers the design team uses to build this game so we can all know what exactly its optimized for.

fnmod_character_clottingagent3.pngfnmod_character_fieldsupplier_wideradiusfnmod_character_happylandings3.png    icon_sniperrifle_psr_muzzlebrake_gold.pnfnmod_weapon_huntingsight3.pngfnmod_weapon_extendedmagazine3.pngfnmod_weapon_heavybarrel3.png    icon_pistol_saspdw.png(<-SA-PDW)  icon_grenade_frag.png(<- Percussion Grenade) (Bishada Mako->) bishadagx8800_gt.pngfnmod_vehicle_mobilesupplyunit.pngfnmod_vehicle_armoredengine3.pngfnmod_vehicle_steelplating3.png

Umbreon TroubleMaker Master Race. D9lmULE.png  fnmod_weapon_silencer.pngfnmod_weapon_tagger.pngfnmod_weapon_huntingsight3.png50% Off (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club Is the Best) 76561198054121705.png

aw4n674m6e4j

aw4n674m6e4j

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 08-June 13

Get a new computer. Stop complaining if your computer is old and "should run a 5 year old game fine".

DarkShadowFoxx

DarkShadowFoxx

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Joined 01-August 12

Get a new computer. Stop complaining if your computer is old and "should run a 5 year old game fine".

its not my computer its the game itself not being optimized and outdated. so go away. you know nothing of the games design and havent been around as long as I have.

Edited by DarkShadowFoxx, 19 July 2015 - 12:20 PM.

Puffdragon

Puffdragon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1187 posts
  • Joined 30-April 12

Fox get in teamspeak I'm having coffee right now but I can help you fix your mommy maybe.

Big_Battery_Term_Caution.jpg

signature removed twice due to g1 gestapo

Pay.

Pay.

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2152 posts
  • Joined 09-November 13
in 90% of times latency issues are caused by bad ISPs routing

fc hero

i make bad themes

aw4n674m6e4j

aw4n674m6e4j

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 08-June 13

its not my computer its the game itself not being optimized and outdated. so go away. you know nothing of the games design and havent been around as long as I have.

It's not the game, it's your computer.

The fact that after you've said

"its not my network because I have good net,"

"Buy servers that can handle extreme loads,"

"release things on time,"

proves you know nothing about how it works.

DarkShadowFoxx

DarkShadowFoxx

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Joined 01-August 12

It's not the game, it's your computer.

The fact that after you've said

"its not my network because I have good net,"

"Buy servers that can handle extreme loads,"

"release things on time,"

proves you know nothing about how it works.

its the game stop fighting the fact that it needs to be updated and optimized, accept the facts for the facts, its not my computer or net because every other game I play besides this one runs amazing and smooth and crisp and perfectly and keeps an extremely low latency.

Vlaamske

Vlaamske

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Joined 16-June 11

It could be the servers, they sometimes act a bit strangely, but even I run this game perfectly fine on a system that's at least 3 years old and that on high detail with 70-100 fps. 

You say you know a lot about game design, yet you didn't feel like sharing your system spec? Afraid its not that good or a bit old?   And no don't look on the game box, because those specs are really out of date by now. 

i7-2600K 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3, GeForce GTX 580 lightning, Win7 64bit

ANG3Lskye

ANG3Lskye

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Joined 19-May 11

its the game stop fighting the fact that it needs to be updated and optimized, accept the facts for the facts, its not my computer or net because every other game I play besides this one runs amazing and smooth and crisp and perfectly and keeps an extremely low latency.

Dude why are you arguing with this guy, obvious troll is obvious, I mean just look at his name.

Taylor Swift is my Waifu <3

DarkShadowFoxx

DarkShadowFoxx

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Joined 01-August 12

Dude why are you arguing with this guy, obvious troll is obvious, I mean just look at his name.

because im bored.

Forum User #863

Forum User #863

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • Joined 28-October 11

Over 1000km from where EU servers are located, I am getting stable under 50ms latency. Also locked at 101 fps.

Edited by Tahabata, 19 July 2015 - 01:05 PM.

KyoukiDotExe

KyoukiDotExe

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Joined 10-February 14

this is actually a problem partially with your system. i have found this to be a result of an older slower generation processor, slow memory, slow hard drive. APB is extremely processor+RAM heavy and if they are not up to the task you get poor performance. worse if you have a paging file set because you have 4-8gb of RAM and even worse if thats set to the same old conventional drive you are running APB off of.

your network and your internet are two different things. you can have 100mb/s downloads and it does not matter if you are using a garbage router your ISP may or may not have supplied you. pair "good" internet with a good router and a good NIC.

my guess? you have an AMD processor, an entry level chipset(motherboard), and generic system memory or all of the above.

what does this have to do with anything?

its these servers.

yes the servers tend to have a hard time keeping up with the unreal demand sometimes.

im tired of them.

quote this for me as i have never seen a 'promise' for anything in the 5+ years i have played this game.

if you paid at least 700$ for an intel based system you would not be having any of these problems. this games processing demands are like crytek's demands for graphics processing. if you want to play a crytek based game smoothly you dont buy a bottom of the barrel graphics card all the same if you want to play this game smoothly have a decent i5 processor on a Z series chipset with 16gb of ram 1600+ in speed. SSD is a bonus.

APB needs processor and perhaps a SSD as requirement. But certainly APB loves GHz man.

"If you're going through hell, keep going."

Guide(s) by me to improve APB Framerate: - http://forums.gamers...-apb-framerate/ - http://forums.gamers...ess-stuttering/ - http://forums.gamers...utter-checktip/

aw4n674m6e4j

aw4n674m6e4j

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Joined 08-June 13

redacted

Edited by aw4n674m6e4j, 19 July 2015 - 04:49 PM.

Uqe

Uqe

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1985 posts
  • Joined 12-May 12

another performance thread...

Jericho - Uqe, Signis, Orithia

Martinez49

Martinez49

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1953 posts
  • Joined 08-August 14

You don't get it do you?

The game is working AS INTENDED!!! :P 

Citadel EU1 Enforcer: Martinez49 - Midgard Officer/ Criminal: Akira49 I'm the biggest n00b in APB:R history :P

76561198008848262.png

Sakurachan

Sakurachan

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts
  • Joined 21-November 10

because im bored.

humor me since your bored. list me your system parts. i'll tell you whats wrong and how you can resolve it. its silly already that you have been arguing its 100% not your fault without adding a single detail as to what you have. i have been in this game since RTW closed beta roughly what 6 years ago now? believe me i know how this game and your computer works better than you do.

Edited by Sakurachan, 19 July 2015 - 05:10 PM.

Posted Image

R.I.P. RTW

DarkShadowFoxx

DarkShadowFoxx

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Joined 01-August 12

You don't get it do you?

The game is working AS INTENDED!!! :P

bug-vs-feature.jpg

BuggedOut

BuggedOut

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Joined 30-May 11

Servers cannot:

• Cause your computer to stutter
  • Cause your computer to freeze

Servers can:

• Cause the client to experience latency, warping, and input delay
  • Cause the client to experience infinite loading (when not responding)

Unoptimized game clients can:

• Cause your computer to freeze
  • Cause your computer to stutter
  • Cause your computer to experience FPS drops

Unoptimized game clients cannot:

• Provide the ideal end-user experience

Good PC's can:

• Workaround client freezes
  • Do not stutter
  • Avoid FPS drops

Good PC's cannot:

• Account for human ignorance

Edited by BuggedOut, 19 July 2015 - 05:57 PM.

It'd take a big (Sequel-worthy?) overhaul, to render APB on Gemini (Multi-threaded rendering) and bring it up to spec. The way the game is rendered now...that's a huge job. Shedding light on APB's performance issues

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
z00t | Joker

Faizan123456

Faizan123456

Initiate

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 25-March 16

I am also getting high latency :( but when i play in en 2 i get 200 ms and when i play in en 3 or soical i get 500ms **** really ??? i have true ogre and medusa and FFA Bullshark and i also buy alot of things in apb so what should i do ? is it i waste my alll money on this game ? my fps is 60 but ms is like ..... please some one help me

JungleFlaco

JungleFlaco

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Joined 20-March 13

I am also getting high latency :( but when i play in en 2 i get 200 ms and when i play in en 3 or soical i get 500ms **** really ??? i have true ogre and medusa and FFA Bullshark and i also buy alot of things in apb so what should i do ? is it i waste my alll money on this game ? my fps is 60 but ms is like ..... please some one help me

I'd guess:

1 - You are not playing on your time-zone.

2 - Something is locally eating your Bandwidth.

3 - All the above together.

Anyways, having latency pikes @ Social District is normal.

Getting stutters and FPS drops happens (To me) on full districts, and/or when APB decides to place different missions on the same location, at the same time.

Edited by JungleFlaco, 08 March 2017 - 03:21 AM.

9BXQnYH.jpg
NINJA TECH

JudgeAnderson

JudgeAnderson

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Joined 01-November 11
Depends on your play style, if youra style is stuttering and freezing then you should be ok, if not, you might need to change your play style to suit it more.

*Insert another unhelpful paragraph here*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users