618 replies to this topic

checkem

checkem

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1469 posts
  • Joined 16-January 12

How about we get 3 referral slots once a year?

Reloaded Productions: We make sniper rifles for a living

Shamis

Shamis

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7574 posts
  • Joined 14-January 12

I've made about 5 - 6 people start playing APB and spend money on it, and that's basically as far as I can stretch, tbh.

None of the ones I have ATM want to start playing, so yeah, no rewards for me because apparently I don't deserve any I guess.

Enforcers: Ganguro, Wizrar
Criminals: Shamis <- Click names to view! a200ff07d9.png
We're sorry! The tournament was closed due to G1's poor service management. Read more here.

:^)

:^)

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3845 posts
  • Joined 07-February 15

Should rename it to "Refer Yourself"

Ia8NHrf.png

Headset

Headset

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 06-July 15

Should rename it to "Refer Yourself"

Nah, it should be 'Refer a friend to reroll and farm the benefits and then do it for them'.

Forum Warrior

Forum Warrior

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1206 posts
  • Joined 26-March 15

So what are the requirements for earning the 600 points per referral?

kVVSx.jpg

ReapeR28

ReapeR28

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 05-October 11

Can anyone confirm if the full 600 points can be earned even if you never play with your friend? Unlikely to ever come up, but is important information nonetheless.

Also, why is the RAF weapon skin not free like the banner? The actual gosh darn Jobs.

A friend of mine from SPCT told me that you can only obtain 200 points if you don't play with your 'friend'. XD

Bellenettiel

Bellenettiel

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9990 posts
  • Joined 19-December 12

So what are the requirements for earning the 600 points per referral?

Your friend has got to accomplish 4 distict tasks, which he will never be notified of or rewarded for, in which require him to play APB.

Only 1 of the 4, includes you helping him in mission.

Edited by Bellenettiel, 10 July 2015 - 06:34 PM.

Posted ImagexPosted ImagexPosted ImagexPosted ImagexPosted Imagex Posted Image xPosted Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ✂- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[ ...Le Hairstyles Stuff ! ] x [ somethin kool ] x [ wts> girlfriends ] x [ Mystery link, click all buttons to explode ]

LUST

LUST

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5931 posts
  • Joined 27-February 11

Players are obviously going to refer themselves because there is an extremely low probability new players will stick around for the bajillons of issues this game currently has and has had for the last FOUR years... which can lead to a few outcomes:

1. G1 bans people who refer themselves (20% chance)
  2. G1 lets this happen because they know better (20% chance)
  3. G1 uses this test period and friend-amount limitation to see the small success-rate of actual new players joining and staying on the game to allow more referrals (like just open-links)--but keep the same rewards (20% chance)
  4. G1 doesn't do crap to improve the system (20% chance)
  5. G1 allows people to refer-themselves (as in alt accounts), or utilize friends who already exist, because they know the well has run pretty dry (20% chance)

Everyone should just refer themselves (alt accounts) or tell old friends to make a new account. Let's be honest...that's the only way to test the system and see how many people actually know to be COMPLETELY NEW friends to refer. Game is 4+ years old...pretty late and pretty ill-timing to refer anyone that hasn't be referred by friends already.

Edited by LUST, 10 July 2015 - 08:21 PM.

Sike2303

Sike2303

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 02-March 15

So ive refered myself( should not get banned for such as it was not stated you cannot) it works in a way that you get points by- completing the tutorials both basic and advanced and i think you get 5 points per mission done ,when you get your points and you redeem ONE of the rewards, the ammount catergory the item is in will be subtracted from your total points so its not get 175 points unlock them its get 175 points get one and farm over. If g1 would allow people to continue to refer themselves which should be done lets be honest not many people would want to play this game...or even stick around in its current state it will cause much more people to want to play as the rewards for farming are nice so if this refer yourself stays 10/10 .

<Flavor>Jenni

<Flavor>Jenni

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7368 posts
  • Joined 04-August 12

So ive refered myself( should not get banned for such as it was not stated you cannot) it works in a way that you get points by- completing the tutorials both basic and advanced and i think you get 5 points per mission done ,when you get your points and you redeem ONE of the rewards, the ammount catergory the item is in will be subtracted from your total points so its not get 175 points unlock them its get 175 points get one and farm over. If g1 would allow people to continue to refer themselves which should be done lets be honest not many people would want to play this game...or even stick around in its current state it will cause much more people to want to play as the rewards for farming are nice so if this refer yourself stays 10/10.

Even if they did not state it, they have this 'knack' for banning people over unintended side-effects.

RIP accounts.

Edited by <Flavor>Jenni, 10 July 2015 - 06:54 PM.

Jericho (PC NA) (rest in sauteed goodness, Le' Onion):
CaramelJenni, ChocolateJenni, CinnamonJenni, MochaJenni, LatteJenni, AmarettoJenni

VanillaJenni, LemonJenni, CherryJenni, OreoJenni, StrawberryJenni, BananaJenni, HeathJenni

UubeNubeh DaWog

UubeNubeh DaWog

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2012 posts
  • Joined 19-August 12

When you couple these two quotes together, those chances suddenly skyrocket.

Even if they did not state it, they have this 'knack' for banning people over unintended side-effects.

RIP accounts.

3. G1 uses this test period and friend-amount limitation to see the small success-rate of actual new players joining and staying on the game to allow more referrals (like just open-links)--but keep the same rewards (20% chance)
  5. G1 allows people to refer-themselves because they know the well has run pretty dry (20% chance)

Inb4 we see numerous blatant 200+ rank rerolls with perma account gear because all they do every time they play is reroll.

I assume they are going to use IP/HWID identification, is there seriously any other way they would do it that isnt so obvious? I dont think they can use FairFight for it.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog, 10 July 2015 - 06:59 PM.

Attenzione

Attenzione

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1058 posts
  • Joined 19-October 12

I like rewards for referring but not exclusive rewards

ZDmWRoL.png

<Flavor>Jenni

<Flavor>Jenni

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7368 posts
  • Joined 04-August 12

When you couple these two quotes together, those chances suddenly skyrocket.

Inb4 we see numerous blatant 200+ rank rerolls with perma account gear because all they do every time they play is reroll.

I assume they are going to use IP/HWID identification, is there seriously any other way they would do it that isnt so obvious? I dont think they can use FairFight for it.

This company and fully thinking something through? Nah.

Jericho (PC NA) (rest in sauteed goodness, Le' Onion):
CaramelJenni, ChocolateJenni, CinnamonJenni, MochaJenni, LatteJenni, AmarettoJenni

VanillaJenni, LemonJenni, CherryJenni, OreoJenni, StrawberryJenni, BananaJenni, HeathJenni

Sike2303

Sike2303

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined 02-March 15
Well ill stop lol dun want a ban didnt reach far anyway but yh please clarify if such is legal so people wont get banned for such.

FIylow

FIylow

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Joined 05-November 14

Steam Everything requires an email for signup.

Fixed.

bRjZE5o.png

APB grills are so rood.

Annoyedb

Annoyedb

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

I don't know why both the "helper" and the new account don't get these rewards -- it'd be a very nice incentive for the new person to play... not like the weapons or rewards are tradeable anyway

Kino

Kino

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1568 posts
  • Joined 09-January 15
ACCOUNT BOUND JERICHO? OMG YES PLEASE.

ima bug my one irl friend till he agrees to play for a little bit lololol

Edit: How would that work for crims though? The default jericho has enforcer lights...

Edited by Kino, 10 July 2015 - 09:49 PM.

This game is an awkward joke that you only laugh at out of pity.

illgot

illgot

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5245 posts
  • Joined 17-December 10

Shockingly this is a Refer a Friend program that is quite literal.

Most companies require referred players to spend money.  If G1 keeps this current system, this actually encourages friends to play the game together which may help the life of the game.

This is a great program.

Edited by illgot, 10 July 2015 - 09:50 PM.

ManiacMagpie

ManiacMagpie

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Joined 04-May 12

Questions, 1, For the first 30-100 point slots is it the weapon or the skins you are showing as the reward because for one you're showing a nanno and secondly on one of the 100 reward point slots you are showing the nanno connoisseur weapon skin and how do we get the refer a friend weapon skin.. 

2, Do the weapons in the 150-175 reward points slots have open slots or are they stock, and how many slots do they have and most importantly i guess how many of what is shown in these reward slots do we get when redeeming our points ie with the clothing slots do we choose just one article of clothing like do we only get to choose the hat or the vest or the pants ect or do we get all the clothing being shown and same goes for weapons, kits, vehicles...  

Edited by ManiacMagpie, 10 July 2015 - 09:59 PM.

ManiacmagpieNSW Crim Violetrage Crim
Ragingviolet Enforcer Ragingmaniac Enforcer
xlMANIACMAGPIElx Enforcer Aussiejuggalo Enforcer 

Hakuoro

Hakuoro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1113 posts
  • Joined 25-May 11
U wanted free stuff. U got it, and acc bound. Still complaining .
What's wrong with u, raf working in same way almost in every gaem, excluding p2p. :(

Posted Image

Suiginto/Demetori -eu2 | Necrofantasia

Soroosh

Soroosh

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Joined 05-May 11

Players are obviously going to refer themselves because there is an extremely low probability new players will stick around for the bajillons of issues this game currently has and has had for the last FOUR years... which can lead to a few outcomes:

5. G1 allows people to refer-themselves (as in alt accounts), or utilize friends who already exist, because they know the well has run pretty dry (20% chance)

Everyone should just refer themselves (alt accounts) or tell old friends to make a new account. Let's be honest...that's the only way to test the system and see how many people actually know to be COMPLETELY NEW friends to refer. Game is 4+ years old...pretty late and pretty ill-timing to refer anyone that hasn't be referred by friends already.

i wanna test it if it's working u know, only for testing , and beside that maybe use some permanent items  :troll_face:

Revoluzzer

Revoluzzer

Signature Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18569 posts
  • Joined 29-April 09

I really wish you could roll out this system right after overhauling matchmaking

They should have waited until the engine update too.

Releasing this before both is the smarter move. That way it's hopefully ready when those more important improvements happen. Otherwise your friends might start playing before the RAF-system exists and then you're SoL.

Fixed.

E-mail doesn't require an e-mail to sign up. :CoolDaddio:
APB VETERAN BETA TESTER // HEAVY HITTERS GROUP // APB:R CLOSED BETA TESTER
IJVJaCR.png

THREAT & MATCHMAKING // COMMUNICATION // MOD SQUAD

Serro

Serro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2086 posts
  • Joined 18-July 13

Grinding the points is really easy, it only took a half-hour to get a 175 point gun.

Edited by Staiax, 10 July 2015 - 10:40 PM.

`` We're is my mod status ``
JtATN3i.png

Kiida

Kiida

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3564 posts
  • Joined 23-April 13

Shockingly this is a Refer a Friend program that is quite literal.

Most companies require referred players to spend money.  If G1 keeps this current system, this actually encourages friends to play the game together which may help the life of the game.

This is a great program.

Too bad everyone's just exploiting it and not actually referring anyone. lol APB community. :l

Edited by Kiida, 10 July 2015 - 10:54 PM.

BillehBobsHoe

BillehBobsHoe

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 23-November 13

Too bad everyone's just exploiting it and not actually referring anyone. lol APB community. :l

what do you mean too bad?

we've either A) already got our friends to play apb or B) ran out of people we can convince to slash their standards

4Au7LRH.jpg icon_rifle_ffa_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa-jb_gold.png icon_sniperrifle_ncr762_gold.pngicon_pistol_colbycommander_gold.pngicon_pistol_colbycommander_gold.png

Galleoth

Galleoth

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3624 posts
  • Joined 05-June 13

@Devs

Why can't we just call back people who haven't played in <specified ammount of time> ?

I mean let's be realistic here. If someone wants to play a game they have Steam and there they can see F2P games there, sadly APB is not that high on the list now, but it's still there. New people came in in big numbers but they left, because -for starters- the MM is utter BS, not just for them, but in general.

The game has a steep learning curve AND a very high ammount of random frustrating stuff (which BTW you guys keep adding to with almost all "new content"), that turns even the most seasoned veterans away.

So ... why couldn't this w8 until the engine upgrade if there is a 3 referral cap on each account?

Why couldn't we invite old players back, who -might- actually stick with APB (again)?

EDIT:

Also people already "referred" their friends to APB, so they are either here or left, because ... quality.

Edited by Galleoth, 10 July 2015 - 11:31 PM.

BillehBobsHoe

BillehBobsHoe

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 23-November 13

what do you mean too bad?

we've either A ) already got our friends to play apb or B ) ran out of people we can convince to slash their standards

4Au7LRH.jpg icon_rifle_ffa_gold.pngicon_rifle_ffa-jb_gold.png icon_sniperrifle_ncr762_gold.pngicon_pistol_colbycommander_gold.pngicon_pistol_colbycommander_gold.png

BlackBird

BlackBird

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2201 posts
  • Joined 12-February 14

And....How do i earn points?

What should these newbies do so that i get points?

And time to get random people in the game...Im hoping they stay ATLEAST for 3-4 days (and the inevitable quitting cuz of APBR performance n MM)

One more thing, what would happen if my referal gets banned? I THINK I SHOULD BE PUNISHED FOR THAT ! Why? I could be an A-Hole and refer myself then cheat to get points faster....

I THINK, we should get rewards for bringing back players who havnt played for over 2 months ! (well that includes me)

Edited by BlackBird, 10 July 2015 - 11:41 PM.

hahah_zpss8pny6wq.pngERRMAHGAWD!

My logic is flawless.If you are against my argument, then you are an idiot - Some Moron

FIylow

FIylow

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Joined 05-November 14

E-mail doesn't require an e-mail to sign up. :CoolDaddio:

bRjZE5o.png

APB grills are so rood.

ManiacMagpie

ManiacMagpie

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Joined 04-May 12

Well referred a friend and they made a new account (due to having one but hadnt played on it since round christmas  last year) and they verified the email ect and have been completing the tutorials yet it still says they got the refer but still havent verified it or made a char and i know they have because ive been with them for the last hour or so while they did the tutorial tasks. is there a time limit on this or is it bugged,...

ManiacmagpieNSW Crim Violetrage Crim
Ragingviolet Enforcer Ragingmaniac Enforcer
xlMANIACMAGPIElx Enforcer Aussiejuggalo Enforcer 

wassey

wassey

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Joined 17-April 13

nice, that this feture is finnaly starting to be something more that just a "unlockable gun skin" to bad i have allrdy referd this game to most of my friends and they all stoped playing years ago

Posted Image

Djelorean

Djelorean

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 31-January 14

And....How do i earn points?

What should these newbies do so that i get points?

Finishing Basic tutorial is 40 points, Advanced is 100 points

Each mission they go on without you is 5 points, each one with you is 15 points.

Don't know what the limits are on the missions.

SAFETY FIRST!
Public Safety is Priority #1

Knight

Knight

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Joined 25-January 15
  • You may refer up to three (3) friends for the lifetime of your account
  • You can earn a maximum of 600 points per referred friend (1800 total)
  • You can refer only one (1) friend at a time. The invitation form will only be available if you are not currently referring a friend
  • If a friend has not created a character after three (3) days of accepting your invitation, you will be given the option to remove them as a referral. This will not count toward your lifetime referrals
  • If a friend has been inactive for seven (7) days after creating a character, you will be given the option to remove them as a referral. Warning: removing a previously-active referral will count toward your total lifetime referrals, and you will miss out on earning the maximum points from this referral! We recommend that you instead simply encourage your friend to complete their game goals.

This is an open beta test period so your feedback is very important to us. We will be making tweaks and improvements to the system in the following weeks based on that feedback.

Why not just keep the maximum accrued points for your account to be 1800, keep the maximum of 600 per referral, and remove the maximum of three referrals?  That way people can get the maximum 1800 when some of their friends decide not to keep playing the game(or are unable to play the game) and the referrer ends up referring more people to the game.

That is, unless the 1800 maximum is inherited from the 3 referral maximum each having a point maximum of 600.

Edited by Knight, 11 July 2015 - 12:17 AM.

APBLUL

APBLUL

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3565 posts
  • Joined 13-November 11

Rewards are really good.

I thought Weapon was 30 days max leased or something but instead are Permanent Account bound! Really nice doe.

The sad part is that no one of my IRL friend want to play APB and my friend steamlist consist of 95% of APB players :'(

Tw1ZtiD

Tw1ZtiD

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Joined 04-May 12

How do you verify a new account. My friend clicks the link but it just takes him to the Gamersfirst.com site. He updated the game and signed in made a character and has been playing but it still says the new account has not been verified but like i said every time he clicks on the link in the email it just sends him to the Gamersfirst site again but thats it.

Edited by Thaemarkedone, 11 July 2015 - 12:28 AM.

icon_assaultrifle_cr5_gold.pngicon_pistol_nano_sd_gold.pngicon_rifle_jokercarbine.pngicon_pistol_colbyclassic.png
           patriotvegasg20.png

Djelorean

Djelorean

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Joined 31-January 14

One bit of feedback, is I'd like better preview windows for the rewards. For weapons, that means telling me exactly how many slots and what mods are in it, much like a normal store page.

For the clothing and kits, that means a good-sized full image, again, much like store pages already are.

SAFETY FIRST!
Public Safety is Priority #1

Etcetera

Etcetera

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Joined 07-March 14

I think the typo mean't to say 'Will'

aH4KvV1.png

omUtqym.png Minds  omUtqym.png Etcetera

Yoshi72

Yoshi72

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Joined 27-January 11
I have some questions about this system:

1. Are those guns like their armars counterparts? Same mods or equipped with 3 open slots.
2. Do those car unlocks also have 4 open slots? (Well it states that it has on the vegas 4x4, so assume the other ones have one as well?) And I guess they are all customizable
3. Do you get the same car for all your characters regardless of faction? (mikro on enforcer, jericho on crim)

About the system: It really is a shame that you are bound to 3 invites. This kinda destroys the idea of refer-a-friend because this way you are forced to give out those invites only on those that are sure to stay at the game. It's O.K. to have some kind of limitation on how many invites you can give out in order to not just spam them and automatically get rewards, but limiting them to only 3 invites per accout is kinda breaking the system.
Also, it would be nice to actually have a list of what exactly you have to do in order to get how many points.
Posted Image

SkittyM

SkittyM

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7403 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Questions, 1, For the first 30-100 point slots is it the weapon or the skins you are showing as the reward because for one you're showing a nanno and secondly on one of the 100 reward point slots you are showing the nanno connoisseur weapon skin and how do we get the refer a friend weapon skin.. 

2, Do the weapons in the 150-175 reward points slots have open slots or are they stock, and how many slots do they have and most importantly i guess how many of what is shown in these reward slots do we get when redeeming our points ie with the clothing slots do we choose just one article of clothing like do we only get to choose the hat or the vest or the pants ect or do we get all the clothing being shown and same goes for weapons, kits, vehicles...  

I dont see any nanos, i only see the normal OCAs and Future Tech weapon skin, you know you can click on the icons to see what they are.

Everything is account life time and from what i can tell ,they all appear to have slots.

CiKcbvX.pngCAZ550X.png?1
Rest in peace [<GM>HEXodus] 2015-2016

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15508 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Its like asking a friend if he could take a knife and cut himself.

Theres no nano in the reward list, there is no nano weapon skin either.

Edited by GhosT 8747, 11 July 2015 - 01:15 AM.

38ceX7a.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users