Photo

Small Solution for a big problem (Must Read)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Knifeborn

Knifeborn

Novice

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 28-January 14

Quick note, this mostly concerns the CHOTA. Others are welcome to read however.

I've seen many clans, from the Smokers to the Wives of lincoln, etc etc.
I wont bore you this time. I'll get to the point.

There are more CHOTA clans than there are CHOTA at this point, (I mean not literally but it seems so)
This means that each clan has 10-20 people, instead of one big clan having 100+ people.

My proposition is straight forward.
Let's MERGE a few of those clans.

I don't own my clan, but I'll certainly be talking to the owner about it.
So allow me to begin.
My name is Sjel, this means "Soul", The Knifeborn, That's my roleplay name.
My clan is PvE Crafting, PvP sessions, Semi RP (which means it's optional, some members will partake, others not so much)
We prefer mature players of course.
But mostly all are welcome.

If there is a clan which considers themselves small, like us, hit me up ingame at "Sjel Knifeborn" or "Malt Drikker" (Which means Malted Drink.)
and hopefully we can come to an arrangement.

Edited by Knifeborn, 20 June 2015 - 05:02 PM.

Contacts: Sjel Knifeborn | Malt Drikker | Kira Bloodpainted 

Calais

Calais

Elite

• Members
  • 1683 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12

Most big clans suffered from internal conflict and evidently disbanded or are only left with a very few remnants now. This has occurred numerous times over in every faction and occurs in every game with a clan system.

oum60z.png

Love me or hate me. I am flattered to make the minds of so many.

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7747 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

Most big clans suffered from internal conflict and evidently disbanded or are only left with a very few remnants now. This has occurred numerous times over in every faction and occurs in every game with a clan system.

Depending on the groups and their mentality... it isn't hard to keep a large group of people together if you try.

Problem is, I hate zergs. It wouldn't be difficult for me to make one by any means, even if I trolled them daily >_>

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

baddog

baddog

Novice

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 24-June 15

Also, i would guess older clans would resist merging, and losing their name and 'history', as well as the many individual personality clashes that split/kept a lot of the clans apart anyway.  As for Smokers, were only a small clan, but i would expect my long time members to be very unhappy about any merging, as well as practical problems (who leads, who is made officer, what happens with each clans money/valuable items). I can see whats in it for new clans tho.....

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

It is possible to make a merger happen, though. When Heaven's Thunder was formed, Allen and I brought Rebel Yell over from Heretic. We sat down with HT's original leaders, Kayliegh Stanway and Syd Frisco, and agreed to a few things:

1) Ego goes out the window.

2) The Leader of the larger clan stays leader of the new clan; we used the larger clan's name as well

3) The leadership of the merging clan stays officers in the new clan

4) Each officer had a domain (i.e. recruiting, quartermaster, etc..).

5) Any officer could recruit; however, the recruitment officer had final approval following a probationary period.

6) As it was a PvP clan, any experienced PvPer was welcome, despite their faction.

7) Important decisions were made by a council of officers, with the leader having final say.

I even wrote a manifesto that we agreed to follow and was to be posted in the clan MOTD; HT held to it and it worked for a while. Eventually we were torn apart by the discovery of hackers in the clan and the dissension it caused. However, it is still possible to keep a clan together, even after something as tumultuous as that.

DLBanner1.jpg

Kit Southworth, Kitness Everdeen, Ophanim-Dying Light

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users