Sign in to follow this  
Letter

How to kill a comminity in the most efficient way

Just now, :^) said:

If all it takes is downvotes to make trash posters go away then it's a good thing.

way ahead of you 

:^)

Personally I would just remove karma/rep/whatever you wanna call it all together cuz its crazy how much people care about it.

3 minutes ago, ScottDaniels said:

Personally I would just remove karma/rep/whatever you wanna call it all together cuz its crazy how much people care about it.

removing content is never the answer

Thread in question,  you can also argue that trash posters don't care if you downvote. (and that they can down vote themselves)

But then again... 

ugh.. i am not sure myself.. it depends on who we're talking too.

29 minutes ago, :^) said:

If all it takes is downvotes to make trash posters go away then it's a good thing.

I may never leave entirely. .

Edited by Westford

Are there any negatives to the reputation system? Like I can't post anymore or just I'll have a stigma of being a troll? I can see the pros & cons, but generally being a civil human being and not getting caught up on such a rating system should play out well I think.

i don't see why it's a problem to be honest.

58 minutes ago, Bellenettiel said:

Thread in question,  you can also argue that trash posters don't care if you downvote. (and that they can down vote themselves)

But then again... 

ugh.. i am not sure myself.. it depends on who we're talking too.

-*-=+

I get people's concerns because I've noticed people just downvoting a persons posts on one thread just because.

But tbh who cares. You got weirdos like zombie who wanna have negative thousand and will use alternate accounts to do it. Lol

You have to be some kind of weirdo to think positives and negatives will change how people act on the forums. I'm still a banana and I have plenty of downvotes lmao

34 minutes ago, Ketog said:

i don't see why it's a problem to be honest.

depends on who it is really

But long story short, echo chambers. 

3 minutes ago, Bellenettiel said:

depends on who it is really

But long story short, echo chambers. 

idk if that would really happen tho, i don’t think there’s any actual effects from excessive likes/dislikes other than the number next to your name

no artificial thread dropping/raising minimizes the echo chambers imo

6 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

idk if that would really happen tho, i don’t think there’s any actual effects from excessive likes/dislikes other than the number next to your name

no artificial thread dropping/raising minimizes the echo chambers imo

kinda what i meant with depends on who we're talking about
But on the offset that it demotivates (be it good or bad topics), it sorta leads to that, peps afraid of the backlash of saying something controversial.

Edit:
the whole point of me asking before for more useless liking reactions, was also in the same vein of making the like system more of a gimmick too.

Edited by Bellenettiel

1 minute ago, Bellenettiel said:

kinda what i meant with depends on who we're talking about
But on the offset that it demotivates (be it good or bad), it sorta leads to that, peps afraid of the backlash of saying something controversial.

ah that’s a good point

then again we have no shortage of controversial community memebers lol

I made this suggestion in my suggestion topic. Negative karma will be abused and it just brings out a negative environment. I know on imgur I corrected people and stated facts only to be downvoted. Same thing can happen here. Dont like the truth? Downvote! Just let there be upvoting. People who deserve it and are good will have loads of points and people who are not great will have no or low karma. This way you cant even judge the person if they had a large negative karma. Its like you see their red and already dislike them or something.

Edited by killerskull