76 replies to this topic

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -5074 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

Hey San Paro!

Just a quick update on the status of the EU merge. In the first two hours we have seen 12,000 characters merge in to Citadel, most (98.97%) making it safely across to the new world in this first batch. There are at this moment over 2100 players on the Citadel, and this combined world filled up its action districts at a record pace! 

Unfortunately a small number of merged characters, 1.03% to be exact, did not fully transfer or ran in to a database conflict during the transfer, and as a result are in a broken or partially working state in the Citadel (issues with names, mail etc.). There are also a few secondary issues, including some reserved names being taken by newly created characters which should not have taken place, unexpected clan name changes, and friends/ignore lists not working correctly.

The team is working to resolve all these anomalies right now, and working to have fixes in place before the weekend so you can resume your APB-ing on the larger world. Some fixes will take a few days, but some we expect to roll out as early as today. Rest assured – no character data from EU1/EU2 has been lost at any point and we will preserve this data indefinitely to make sure every single character has properly transferred to the Citadel. Given these items, we have also decided to take extra time to verify all fixes before the upcoming NA merge, and we have decided to hold the NA merge until we are confident all issues are totally resolved.

a8H4mYh.jpg

So – we are thrilled to see the vibrant activity in the Citadel within just hours of launch, but apologize to those accounts that are not able to fully enjoy it (yet). For anyone who has been in the unfortunate “merge-glitch” category, we will take care of you and give you some extra goodies for your troubles while we fix the issues affecting your account.

Jobs

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Ellix

Ellix

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4993 posts
  • Joined 04-July 12

Good luck guys!

ETA on when the clan names will be fixed? :(

Edited by Ellix, 19 May 2015 - 10:43 AM.

EllixOnline dw_EX2_Hi.png Citadel EU

Lord Cashpoint

Lord Cashpoint

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4757 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12

I must say, this has been a remarkably successful operation.

Years ago, such a process was written off as impossible, and yet here we are today.

Good job.

Royal-Forum-Logo.png

Patriot | yfqv.pngLordCashpoint | criminalgold230.pngAdvancedRookie |

Saikozou

Saikozou

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1340 posts
  • Joined 22-November 11
Do you still forsee Jolby being a thing by this weekend?

seU0leX.png

[Saikozou | EverFlow | **?**] Joker NA East

Aggression

Aggression

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2649 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

I'm a bit concerned about the "Some reserved names being taken by newly created characters."

Does this mean some of my alts could have lost their names? Will I get a free name change if this is the case? 

It would also suck to be a new player and then have your name taken away. I'd be fine losing some of my old, unused alts if the name went to a new player rather than snatch it away from someone just getting started.

apb stuff

Enforcer - The Agrotech Company of Tanberia

Criminal - Nekrova International                                                                                      don't make the mistake of taking me more seriously than I take myself.

Serro

Serro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2086 posts
  • Joined 18-July 13

Do you still forsee Jolby being a thing by this weekend?

I really hope it isnt pushed further past its originally intended date.. I'm really looking forward towards thursday and I hope they can fix the small issues within these next 2 days

`` We're is my mod status ``
JtATN3i.png

Jobs

Jobs

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 03-December 10

I'm a bit concerned about the "Some reserved names being taken by newly created characters."

Does this mean some of my alts could have lost their names? Will I get a free name change if this is the case? 

It would also suck to be a new player and then have your name taken away. I'd be fine losing some of my old, unused alts if the name went to a new player rather than snatch it away from someone just getting started.

If the name exists on a character from EU1/EU2 that has yet to be merged, it gets priority over a newly created one. We gave free name changes to the new characters that claimed a name that was already reserved, which will allow those older characters to reclaim those. 

Jobs

Jobs

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 03-December 10

I really hope it isnt pushed further past its originally intended date.. I'm really looking forward towards thursday and I hope they can fix the small issues within these next 2 days

I understand and we hate delaying dates as much as you do. That said, our top priority is to ensure that the next merge process goes as smoothly and bug-free as possible so that your experience 'just works'. So while we won't have enough time to fix all the outstanding issues by this week, we will post an update as soon as these have all been resolved, tested and verified. 

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15209 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

Tiggs, Jobs or someone that has control, could you please look into ticket Case #: 514516, i bought a name change to use a supposedly free name, and now i am stuck, not being able to log into my main character because i do not want to change my name, because said name is taken by an inactive player now.

• LIF likes this

38ceX7a.png

Raichu

Raichu

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Joined 24-July 11

If the name exists on a character from EU1/EU2 that has yet to be merged, it gets priority over a newly created one. We gave free name changes to the new characters that claimed a name that was already reserved, which will allow those older characters to reclaim those. 

Thats a huge relief to hear, thanks for clearing that up and will be patient for this to get ressolved. As I know theres a new Raichu running around.

Will higher rank characters with more playtime get priority over the name than a low rank character from the other old server? As I know the Raichu from Patriot was rank 10 I think and most likely not active.

Edited by Raichu, 19 May 2015 - 11:47 AM.

Raichu - Criminal - Citadel

Etro - Enforcer - Citadel

Cherohala

Cherohala

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1540 posts
  • Joined 24-June 11

Nice work on the fast response, my own characters on obeya merged without problem but I'm glad to see the people having issues are getting taken care of. I was hoping for NA merge this week but I guess it's for the better. I feel pretty confident that it'll be overall successful as well, whenever it occurs. 

cedarijnforumcut1_by_91coffees-d8lluo1.p  epheebackforumcut1_by_91coffees-d8lm3qb.   oktoberforumcut1_by_91coffees-d8lls7g.pnjoke_rchars_by_91coffees-d8llxfn.pngobeya_chars_by_91coffees-d8lla0w.png

cedarijnforumcut2_by_91coffees-d8lluob.p  epheebackforumcut2_by_91coffees-d8lm3qi.   oktoberforumcut2_by_91coffees-d8lls7n.pnlinktower1_by_91coffees-d8lm4wd.png               linktower2_by_91coffees-d8lm4wh.png        linktower3_by_91coffees-d8lm4wo.png

Я плохо говорю по-русский но я пытаюсь

Jobs

Jobs

• Retired Reloaded Staff
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 03-December 10

Thats a huge relief to hear, thanks for clearing that up and will be patient for this to get ressolved.

Will higher rank characters with more playtime get priority over the name than a low rank character from the other old server?

In most cases yes, but not always. We also take recent activity heavily into consideration, so you might see a highly-ranked character with lots of total playtime but no activity over the last 2 years being edged out by an only slightly lower-ranked character that is very active.  

Aggression

Aggression

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2649 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

What if the older character never merges?

For example, if I have a name on a character who's account I've forgotten the login details to, and cannot log in to merge it. If I wanted to use this name on my main Citadel character, would never merging it allow this?

apb stuff

Enforcer - The Agrotech Company of Tanberia

Criminal - Nekrova International                                                                                      don't make the mistake of taking me more seriously than I take myself.

Raichu

Raichu

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Joined 24-July 11

In most cases yes, but not always. We also take recent activity heavily into consideration, so you might see a highly-ranked character with lots of total playtime but no activity over the last 2 years being edged out by an only slightly lower-ranked character that is very active.  

Ohh oki, the Patriot Raichu was rank 10 I believe, I am max rank from Obeya.

And also do the new characters get a name change once we are able to login with our characters or do they get them now? As someone else could change their name to a reserved name also.

Edited by Raichu, 19 May 2015 - 12:01 PM.

TrinityFSB

TrinityFSB

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Joined 18-May 14

It's good to hear such a high rate of success with this merge.  I do still wonder though....  Will I be able to transfer my character in the new Asian server to the new North American server after the merge/sometime in the future?

"Time comrade?"  (Laughs)  "Time...  Time is relative."

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Gaff: You've done a man's job, sir. I guess you're through, huh?  Deckard: Finished.  [Gaff throws Deckard his gun]  Gaff: It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?

Saikozou

Saikozou

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1340 posts
  • Joined 22-November 11

I'm just going to point out that Citadel's population is incredible
JVFvtU8.png

seU0leX.png

[Saikozou | EverFlow | **?**] Joker NA East

Esther

Esther

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4282 posts
  • Joined 21-May 11

GamersFirst/RP, I personally have to say you guys did an amazing job there! I'm heavily surprised and didn't expect it to see it happening with "small" issues only since there could be critical and a lot of issues.

You guys took the right step (the merge should've happened 1-2 years ago already though :P) and I hope we'll see some more interesting months with listening to the community.

Thank you guys for the merge, keep up the good work! Nicely done, thanks.

Hopefully everything will get sorted out as soon as possible like the name issue as example.

Edited by Esther, 19 May 2015 - 12:03 PM.

WngO77I.png  You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else. - Albert Einstein  | 

izLYWoA.png    Clan Progression | Haircuts and haircut colors | New mission typest70C8a9.png  

iDev

iDev

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Joined 29-November 14

Sorry for creating new chars with "reserved names", was unaware ;~;

Mahones

Mahones

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Joined 12-November 10
I can't wait. Must have na merge now. Like right now.

COLBY COMMANDER DOUBLE KILL ONE SHOT------COMMANDER KILLS

PrincessTwilight

PrincessTwilight

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2463 posts
  • Joined 02-April 11

I can't wait. Must have na merge now. Like right now.

Right meow?

San Paro City Mentor (SPCM)

PrincessTwilight - Jericho, Han

PrincessTwi - Citadel

xLyDiA

xLyDiA

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 27-January 14
Aw more waiting! O well, if it helps things be better for everyone then so be it.

Can't wait to meet all our new friends! <3

Raichu

Raichu

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Joined 24-July 11

Sorry for creating new chars with "reserved names", was unaware ;~;

You are forgiven ^-^ (also you must now edit your signature for the new server :P)

Mahones

Mahones

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Joined 12-November 10

Right meow?

No faster than that. Right meow,meow!

Edited by Mahones, 19 May 2015 - 12:14 PM.

iDev

iDev

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Joined 29-November 14

You are forgiven ^-^ (also you must now edit your signature for the new server :P)

I can't :( 

I think they changed the maximum characters in your signature. It claims I have more than "3 lines" now, so whenever I try to edit it.. It won't let me.

FIylow

FIylow

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
  • Joined 05-November 14

I'm just going to point out that Citadel's population is incredible
JVFvtU8.png

Holy mommy, this is the most populated I have ever seen a server be in APB. I might actually come back if the US servers are anywhere near this.

Edited by FIylow, 19 May 2015 - 12:17 PM.

bRjZE5o.png

APB grills are so rood.

Usas

Usas

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Joined 24-January 12

For those who are interested what it looks like when someone on the other server had the same name:

Spoiler

Now i have to think of a different name for them.

Also, i'm glad i could keep the name "Usas" on Citadel since it was already taken on Obeya. Guess i was more active than him.

Posted ImagePosted Image

iDev

iDev

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 952 posts
  • Joined 29-November 14

Is there a possibility some names will be free again?

Mahones

Mahones

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Joined 12-November 10
Also looking at that district pic......still not even on full gold district. Shame on everyone.

Prov

Prov

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Joined 23-August 11

Really really good job. I am impressed on how just the 1% of the total players encountered issues with their characters. Transfering all the data from one DB to another is just a mindgosh as big as my flat right now (since I am working into DB2/Oracle environment, Dunno which ones you are using :P and I can just partially imagine how hard is to migrate all the records.)

If I even count the total population it's simply amazing. As someone says, a project like this some years earlier could be impossible on 360 (degrees).

Keep going guys, now go direct to the point with the Unreal Engine!

Edited by Prov, 19 May 2015 - 12:50 PM.

Enforcer: ReiAyanami
Criminal: Razorshade

Anuld

Anuld

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Joined 09-May 12

Awesome stuff G1, keep it up. Can't wait for the NA merge. And of course the engine :D. feeling excited. A lot of players are going to comeback!

ketsknots

ketsknots

Initiate

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 05-April 11

I guess im the 1% .. well good luck Tiggs and  the team!  Besides with numbers like that it looks like a pretty solid merge. Nice. Ill have to wait i guess

gogol

gogol

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3457 posts
  • Joined 06-August 11

nice population hacks, citadel. reported, gg

hi i like purple im a vegan and i vape

WDYmX4i.png

4slot nascar)

Azumilol

Azumilol

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Joined 17-March 15

Everything went smooth for me, thanks for the update and all the work you've put in.

Azumilol - Criminal - Patriot (EU 2) - NEET Crew

LIF

LIF

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Joined 27-April 12

Tiggs, Jobs or someone that has control, could you please look into ticket Case #: 514516, i bought a name change to use a supposedly free name, and now i am stuck, not being able to log into my main character because i do not want to change my name, because said name is taken by an inactive player now.

Exact same thing man. I bought a name change for nothing, I'd like to change my name, but it's taken by an inactive low rank player that i have never seen in ages, and now I'm stuck here, can't get on my character because I'm forced to change name, but since I doubt I could get the desired name, I gotta stay with current one, but the hope is the last to die. Just need to refund me the namechange so I can keep my current one, or delete that inactive character that's never gonna be playing, and give me that name.

Raichu

Raichu

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Joined 24-July 11

This might be a silly question but I cant help but wonder, have the new characters names been swiped? Or do they still have the names until they logon to them to change the name?

-Killerskull-

-Killerskull-

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5548 posts
  • Joined 10-January 11

wow, the feels I got seeing those full districts.

Seriously, Im from joke server and though Ive not had access to a pc recently, I do want to join a proper clan so I can mission a bit. With all these full servers if I keep getting the same OP in one /d, I can always change. Now, clans will also be larger from the merge. Atleast this is all happy and full till the hype dies down.

Im most worried about my char names being taken up by some newb.

"Careful not to cut yourself on those edgy words"

vv Clicky licky to watch vids of my city vv
5xmxx.jpg

Vanille

Vanille

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4113 posts
  • Joined 10-October 12

Assuming your successrate is legit, I'll have to say you did a good job, I expected more issues (not complete chaos, just some more issues). 

I'm wondering if this technique could be used to offer Server transfers in Armas, for example. I don't know how much effort is required to move a single character, but I'd gladly appreciate to have my main characters on citadel where I have an average 20-30ms. I wouldn't mind paying a small fee.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3953 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Great job RP, I honestly wasn't expecting it to go this smoothly.  I hope that future updates go this well too such as the Engine Upgrade, though I'm assuming that there is a lot more that can go wrong with that one... Anyway, today is a good day for APB :)

RadeonPro

RadeonPro

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Joined 12-March 15

Alright now that the merge is completed, and next is Colby and Joker, please for the sake of this company do the engine upgrade, add new visuals, new maps, weather system and bring back old threat system before 1.6 patch and you will have even more players joining up.

Take heed please.

Forum Warrior

Forum Warrior

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1206 posts
  • Joined 26-March 15

we have decided to hold the NA merge

While I completely understand why, this is still the worst news possible. The US servers are in absolute desperate need of merging, Colby can't even keep a single district instance full during peak hours. You're hemorrhaging players at an extremely alarming rate right now.

Edited by Forum Warrior, 19 May 2015 - 02:15 PM.

kVVSx.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users