MattScott

Quick post - Gamescom wrap up

So in the meantime if someone comes up to you and says "can you middleman for me" is it still legal ? or just tell them to wait for trading system.

5 hours ago, Keshi said:
5 hours ago, MattScott said:

It was in QA when I left, but there was an issue trading weapons (which is what the bulk of the system is for). I believe that got cleared up, but I'm still seeing unresolved items in our issue tracker.
I've been in Germany all week, so it's possible those have all been fixed but not marked complete.
If I had to take a guess, we'll be releasing Trading the week of the 3rd.

Thanks,
Matt
alright thanks for the reply. So the trade system will be live around september 19th on the Live server? or OTW for testing?
"Trading the week of the 3rd" That doesn't mean the third week lol (no offense).

Pretty sure Matt means sometime of that week (September 3rd).

32 minutes ago, Displ4yName said:

Why is this topic not listed in the Admin Tracker?

The Admin Tracker on the forums has been acting up for a bit now. You could use a different tracker for the time being: https://db.apbvault.net/tracker
  • Thanks 2

Pls don't leave us again for so long, I got worried :c

Honestly I think the "name and shame" rule is kind of absurd/outdated at this point. In most cases we saw it being used as an excuse to lock down complaints or discussions back when G1 was in charge. Also I really can't think of any other games which have a similar policy either.

Point is if someone is acting poorly/violating terms of service, I don't see what the issue is with other users calling out people on bad behavior, especially if they have evidence or recordings to back it up.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Percocet said:

People actually defended tiggs being a glorified chain smoking fax machine. Laugh 2 hard. You've done more work than that useless ham did her entire time here with one fart.

Course toxicity like this isn't necessary either.  Sorry she banned your friends.

@MattScottI am curious if there are any plans to allow trading of the various lease weapons, and/or the ones from JMBs etc, non-Legendaries.

I've always wanted to see a system in place where timers on these weapons didn't start until first equip; this would allow them to be in a "new" and "tradable" state.

I'd love being able to do something with the 100s of pages of JMB weapons I've accrued since 2013.

Edited by mynd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Displ4yName said:

Why is this topic not listed in the Admin Tracker? @MattScott

oxw4n86o.png

That's what i was about to ask here. Forum Admin Tracker stopped working out of a sudden

7 hours ago, kolaman91 said:
"Trading the week of the 3rd" That doesn't mean the third week lol (no offense).

Pretty sure Matt means sometime of that week (September 3rd).
reading on the phone can make you misunderstand lol but... str8 to live or otw? 🤔

Are you taking any further meassures to resolve the CS nightmare?

I've had a ticket oppened about ARMAS not granting me the item of the police lights megapack with no response for just over 2 months. If I wasn't super sure you would permaban me without a chance for appealing, I would have already charged back the item. This is absolutely ridiculous.

15 hours ago, notHunky said:

Honestly I think the "name and shame" rule is kind of absurd/outdated at this point. In most cases we saw it being used as an excuse to lock down complaints or discussions back when G1 was in charge. Also I really can't think of any other games which have a similar policy either.

Point is if someone is acting poorly/violating terms of service, I don't see what the issue is with other users calling out people on bad behavior, especially if they have evidence or recordings to back it up.

In my opinion the name and shame rule is needed to help reduce the toxicity that formed from hackusating people just for being better.
I'm a high silver/ low gold and a few were starting a mob even against me and anyone can tell I do not cheat.
I was skeptical before as well then a small mob started accusing me following me around over Christmas and New Years before Little Orbit arrived and that was over just one person insisting I cheated because they died from lag....
There is no perfect way really but the pros and cons shows to me that naming and shaming shouldn't be allowed from too many negative impacts to APB and it's forums.
This is just my opinion though.

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
In my opinion the name and shame rule is needed to help reduce the toxicity that formed from hackusating people just for being better.
I'm a high silver/ low gold and a few were starting a mob even against me and anyone can tell I do not cheat.
I was skeptical before as well then a small mob started accusing me following me around over Christmas and New Years before Little Orbit arrived and that was over just one person insisting I cheated because they died from lag....
There is no perfect way really but the pros and cons shows to me that naming and shaming shouldn't be allowed from too many negative impacts to APB and it's forums.
This is just my opinion though.
Agreed, but enforcing it in regards to warning someone about a scammer, or to call out an obvious dethreater... thats a bit different.
Though in the end once we have an actual trade system, and if we ever get active GMs, these problems should no longer exist.

Just now, CookiePuss said:
Agreed, but enforcing it in regards to warning someone about a scammer, or to call out an obvious dethreater... thats a bit different.
Though in the end once we have an actual trade system, and if we ever get active GMs, these problems should no longer exist.
Yes I agree.
And yes I agree
Which is why I believe there is no perfect way.
We are all getting better at this all we can really do is put one foot in front of the other and just keep on keeping on now that Little Orbit is here working on all of it.

On 8/24/2018 at 10:18 AM, AsgerLund said:

Since I have nothing more to say than "appreciate the update", I'll add a cat-ear gif to my comment!!1
e5xnL1d.gif

This .Gif is a fucking trip.

On 8/24/2018 at 11:18 AM, AsgerLund said:

Since I have nothing more to say than "appreciate the update", I'll add a cat-ear gif to my comment!!1
e5xnL1d.gif

Many wrongs happened on that day.

25 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

Stahp teh cat-ear shaming!!!11!one!

4 hours ago, AsgerLund said:
4 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

Stahp teh cat-ear shaming!!!11!one!
I ear ya, but I cat ignore the wrongs.

On 8/24/2018 at 10:49 AM, MattScott said:

2) It appears there was a scamming report being broadcast in-game, and our GM handled it poorly.
I want to start by acknowledging the player who was trying to broadcast warnings and help make sure other players didn't fall into a scam trap. While they were technically violating our name-and-shame rules, I suspect their heart was in the right place. I understand the frustration players experience when scam tickets take a long time to complete. They take hours and hours to sort through logs and systems to revert items back to their original owners. That is one of the large reasons we escalated the new trading system ahead of the Engine upgrade. We are doing our best, and that is why I have publicly posted for players NOT to trade right now.

Did I miss something? What happened and when? Was it on Citadel? Someone please tell me the story..

2 hours ago, PHM said:
On 8/24/2018 at 4:49 AM, MattScott said:

2) It appears there was a scamming report being broadcast in-game, and our GM handled it poorly.
I want to start by acknowledging the player who was trying to broadcast warnings and help make sure other players didn't fall into a scam trap. While they were technically violating our name-and-shame rules, I suspect their heart was in the right place. I understand the frustration players experience when scam tickets take a long time to complete. They take hours and hours to sort through logs and systems to revert items back to their original owners. That is one of the large reasons we escalated the new trading system ahead of the Engine upgrade. We are doing our best, and that is why I have publicly posted for players NOT to trade right now.

Did I miss something? What happened and when? Was it on Citadel? Someone please tell me the story..
+1

7 hours ago, PHM said:
as far as im aware player1 was advertising for trading in social and player2 called them out for scamming

GM currently online took exception to this and silenced (or possible only threatened to silence) player2, and told them to take it to the forums if they had an issue (which is against the forum rules)

confusion and salt ensued

take this all with a grain of salt since this is all secondhand info that im remembering like a week later
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:
as far as im aware player1 was advertising for trading in social and player2 called them out for scamming

GM currently online took exception to this and silenced (or possible only threatened to silence) player2, and told them to take it to the forums if they had an issue (which is against the forum rules)

confusion and salt ensued

take this all with a grain of salt since this is all secondhand info that im remembering like a week later
player 1 was asking if someone was a trusted traded, player 2 responded that not only was the person in question not a trusted trader, but was in fact a known scammer.
gm then silenced and threatened to ban the player giving the warning, as well as telling them to "take it to the forums" if they didnt like it