Do Not Pay For This Game

10 replies to this topic

Raimi Campbell

Raimi Campbell

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 02-March 13

You will receive zero support from Gamers First if you do. If ever there was a mis-named company it is this one. Since returning to the game, i have seen zero GMs online and my one simple support ticket to resolve a game breaking bug was left unanswered (character stuck in mid-air trying to mount next to  an object). I came back because i love the game despite its flaws but the lack of support for paying players is intolerable. Play for free or not at all. You will receive zero consideration for your hard-earned dollars. This is a very salty post from someone who expects a minimum level of customer service and did NOT receive it.

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

In G1C's defense, Raimi, the devs and GMs are working without a safety net here. There is very little money on the table for them, and in the end, it's a business; they have mouths to feed and bills to pay, and their energy has to be directed at the larger source of that. Unfortunately, G1C's moneymaker is APB Reloaded, not FE. But my hope is that they find a way to inject more capitol into FE or sell it to someone who can return it to it's former glory. Sadly, that's a far-flung hope.

DLBanner1.jpg

Kit Southworth, Kitness Everdeen, Ophanim-Dying Light

Tomerant

Tomerant

Grunt

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 06-May 14

GM was online yesterday, and a day before that, and day before that. 

I'm either very lucky to catch them online or they are active...

You tell me...

Elvedin Semanic - solo roamer of Grand Canyon

Tomerant - storage boyo

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7747 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

In G1C's defense, Raimi, the devs and GMs are working without a safety net here. There is very little money on the table for them, and in the end, it's a business; they have mouths to feed and bills to pay, and their energy has to be directed at the larger source of that. Unfortunately, G1C's moneymaker is APB Reloaded, not FE. But my hope is that they find a way to inject more capitol into FE or sell it to someone who can return it to it's former glory. Sadly, that's a far-flung hope.

For FE to get better funding, they need to actually put in work to please the playerbase as a whole.

"New" and "End-game" hardly matter when they can hardly keep people playing past S2/S3... hate sounding like a broken record but it's the truth.

Not to mention 90% of their complaints could be resolved by simply communicating with the community as a whole, rather than hiding in a hole.

People might dislike me, but they know I will at least get opinions heard. But I can't help if they don't wish to be helped...

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

For FE to get better funding, they need to actually put in work to please the playerbase as a whole.

"New" and "End-game" hardly matter when they can hardly keep people playing past S2/S3... hate sounding like a broken record but it's the truth.

Not to mention 90% of their complaints could be resolved by simply communicating with the community as a whole, rather than hiding in a hole.

People might dislike me, but they know I will at least get opinions heard. But I can't help if they don't wish to be helped...

Who are these people that dislike u? NAME THEM!!!!!! They are toast...

DLBanner1.jpg

Knifeborn

Knifeborn

Novice

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 28-January 14

Allow me to clear this fog of confusion;

The devs do not get paid for any work on this game, Occasionally they get a few dollars here and there for a job well done. Gamersfirst are NOT the company who develops this game, it's a Sub company called Reloaded, same guys who do APB, so quite frankly complaining to G1 is useless.

Furthermore, GM's have a "Rota" or something (I'm unsure of the name) - they have to put a minimal amount of time on the game (Or games)- therefore some will be more willing to put in time than others. The GMs as said, operate on multiple games, as a result are not always available.

Please, also take into consideration your timezone, You may be playing at a time which the GMs are asleep, working or with family.

I'll be the first to admit I'm disappointing with this game, but getting any support is better than none.
I suggest making use of your /unstuck command in situations like that.

Yes, the game could be better, but also it could be worse.

(Quick fine print; Any facts in here are solely those that I have collected based on evidence, or have been told of and checked, based on evidence, please do not under any circumstances assume these facts are 100% accurate)

Contacts: Sjel Knifeborn | Malt Drikker | Kira Bloodpainted 

TheHidden-Tember

TheHidden-Tember

Supreme

• Members
  • 9070 posts
  • Joined 25-June 13

Unfortunately, G1C's moneymaker is APB Reloaded, not FE. 

You guys should see how they treat the playerbase of their moneymaker sometimes.....

Well at least unlike you guys we get tons of useful and relevant communication yay \o/

Making indie games while I wait for the engine upgrade:

http://gamejolt.com/...duel-king/21289

Reaps989

Reaps989

Supreme

• Members
  • 7747 posts
  • Joined 18-May 12

You guys should see how they treat the playerbase of their moneymaker sometimes.....

Well at least unlike you guys we get tons of useful and relevant communication yay \o/

Difference is, APB can handle being treated like crap since the community is poor as is.

FE, however, would still enjoy such attention... people are suckers when it comes to someone in power xD

Nysek - Mednaught : The only character in FE made of Gammina™

Walls are for horses, I build gosh darning castles of logic to protect us from your constant rain of derp.

Posted Image

Special thanks to Thrillchase for ze banner.

LilRedhare

LilRedhare

Elite

• Members
  • 2052 posts
  • Joined 02-December 13

Allow me to clear this fog of confusion;

The devs do not get paid for any work on this game, Occasionally they get a few dollars here and there for a job well done. Gamersfirst are NOT the company who develops this game, it's a Sub company called Reloaded, same guys who do APB, so quite frankly complaining to G1 is useless.

Furthermore, GM's have a "Rota" or something (I'm unsure of the name) - they have to put a minimal amount of time on the game (Or games)- therefore some will be more willing to put in time than others. The GMs as said, operate on multiple games, as a result are not always available.

Please, also take into consideration your timezone, You may be playing at a time which the GMs are asleep, working or with family.

I'll be the first to admit I'm disappointing with this game, but getting any support is better than none.
I suggest making use of your /unstuck command in situations like that.

Yes, the game could be better, but also it could be worse.

(Quick fine print; Any facts in here are solely those that I have collected based on evidence, or have been told of and checked, based on evidence, please do not under any circumstances assume these facts are 100% accurate)

Bottom line is, they could really stand to see a greater investment in this game. IMO, it has more potential than APB (as in, not everyone wants to play an outlaw...a LOT more faction options, among other things), as it isn't a difficult thing to increase customization options in FE (adding "barber shops" or "plastic surgeons"...expanding the clothing lines and possibly more skins for the weapons...weapons with  laser sights, like the Deathmax, actually adding a red dot to your cross-hair...more silenced weapons...a silenced and/or end-game auto pistol...and the grand prize, balanced PvP: Knocking down that ridiculous 7M melee range (and giving melee the ability to be a bit tankier to compensate), lowering the dps of heavy pistols a tad and giving rifles the love they deserve. I think seeing these changes would definitely help increase the player base significantly, and even bring back former players.

DLBanner1.jpg

Sharkdog

Sharkdog

Grunt

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Joined 27-August 11

http://www.ironfootstudios.com

Still waiting for the flying puppy with a wingsuit to be added to FE....

Edited by Sharkdog, 30 April 2015 - 03:17 PM.

Op Hooligan

Op Hooligan

Conscript

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • Joined 24-May 14

http://www.ironfootstudios.com

Still waiting for the flying puppy with a wingsuit to be added to FE....

I wouldn't mind that either, LMGs are still in my far fetched dreams :)

Op Hooligan, Jugg Hooligan, Op Crafter, Salty Sjel, Im Fine, Big Juicy

Reroll Patrol

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users