• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -4945 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

This thread is for the APB Reloaded Music Competition submission thread. Please do not hold any discussions in this thread. If you have questions about the contest, please ask in the main event thread

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Mikazu

Mikazu

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Joined 22-January 15

apb-logo.png

Hello!

I am an active music artist, and I actually happen to make music all the time. As of the recent year and a half, life has struck me with various things, and thus I've not been able to make music to post onto my YouTube page. However, I make music all the time in spare time, and have greatly improved since even my YouTube music!

My channel: www.youtube.com/CrimsonSuccubus

My Soundcloud is where I will be posting new music to show creation to G1. As of this post, I have already posted two songs which work with samples, and will be posting more to show creativity and such I have posted plenty of songs for this competition below, and I do hope you like them. The URL below this is the link to my Soundcloud, which contains all these songs.

www.soundcloud.com/Mikazu-1

I have made several bits of original music for this competition, and I've put a significant effort into them! Effort was made to show dynamicism in my ability, and many steps were taken so that it could be seen that I could not only make soundtrack music, but, through the flow and power of the songs, easily change it to an actual official "song".

If you aren't sure which songs to look at on my channel, I recommend Orbital Dance , The Railroad Goes Too Far , and Sex & Dice. However, these are old and only prove to show my musical talent in the previous years.

Enjoy!

FIRST RESPONSE

3:32 // Song Length \\ 3:32

Creator: Myself

Property of APB Reloaded upon acceptance.

Timetable:

4/19/2015 - Core concept designs. Ideal bass, ideal rhythms, planned drum kits and effects.

4/20/2015 - Established a general rhythm and theme, expanded on work.

4/21/2015 - Established a main introduction to the song, and the skeleton for the rest of it.

4/22/2015 - Finished the song in its barebones state. Developed further.

4/23/2015 - Completed the song and general finishing touches including EQ.

THEME:

SOUNDTRACK

GAMEPLAY

COMBAT

The original idea for this reminded me of Payday, really. A lot of Payday OST, if you look it up, has three parts to it. An idle (not caught by cops), a rising (caught by cops, police incoming), and an action (main bread and water of the song). This song was meant to reflect criminals getting caught in the Financial District, and while they might be alive, cops are incoming. The following is a bit of a quote created to reflect it.

"Caught. Nowhere to go; they saw our insurgent. He has too many red flags on him. He's wanted, notorious. He needs to run, NOW. But the longer it takes for him to escape the vault, the worse it'll get for him. Midnight and with little more than a rusty PMG, he's in for the fight of his life."

PLANNING

3:32 // Song Length \\ 3:32

Timetable:

4/21/2015 - Figured a tempo and drum line I wanted. Calm and rising. Built.

4/22/2015 - Barebones finish along with a drive brought in, along with complementing tones.

4/23/2015 - Completed the song, touches, EQ, and finalizations.

THEME:

SOUNDTRACK

GAMEPLAY

PRE-MISSION

This song was designed to be more of a calm one, something you'd hear while outfitting, planning a mission, or even just relaxing. The rising power through the song causes a light stress to show that there is never real safety in San Paro. In the end, someone must walk away from a battle, and the tones remind me of it.

"Not exactly the best time to get yourself ready for a contract, but sometimes it needs to happen quick. Get your kit and get out. Bring your friends. Have a drink or two. But remember; crime doesn't take a holiday. Go get 'em."

DAMASCUS LANE

3:35 // Song Length \\ 3:35

Timetable:

4/22/2015 - Decided genre and atmosphere of the song. Made backbone.

4/23/2015 - Incorporated synth with a heavy bass and mild crunch to provide a zesty tune. I'm kind of hungry now.

4/24/2015 - Song goes through mild EQ and continues on development of additions such as the 80's style synths being re-adjusted and new rhythms.

4/25/2015 - Finished song, which included additional drum configurations and EQ. While the EQ isn't perfect, it's better than it was.

THEME:

SOUNDTRACK

GAMEPLAY

UNDERGROUND

Damascus Lane is more of a soundtrack you'd hear somewhere tense. It's somewhere you don't want to be, somewhere that everyone knows is a death wish for staying too long. But Damascus Lane isn't just that; it's a haven for all sorts of lowlifes and bitter scum. And I thought this encapsulated it well. While I wasn't too sure if the higher synths would make it completely optimal for it, I couldn't just have low synths and bass the whole time or it would sound really one-sided and unbalanced. I like how it turned out!

"Walk through, walk fast. Don't turn your head. Don't cough. Don't even put your hands anywhere but in the open or you'll die. Criminals know all about this zone, and like hell Byeong is going to let people like you through once he knows who you are. Keep that OCA handy; you're going to need it."

DRIVE SHIFT

3:30 // Song Length \\ 3:30

Timetable:

4/20/2015 - Was made at this point. Previous dates were merely points of creation.

THEME:

SOUNDTRACK

GAMEPLAY

RACING

I was hesitant to submit this one because it was before the main APB songs and, well, I wasn't too sure if it fit the theme. You determine if so! I think it fits a racing theme, or at least a general driving theme. I wouldn't mind listening to this if racing, so you tell me all about what you think!

"Strike fast, strike hard. Don't let them get ahead of you. Keep that Jericho under control and it'll take care of the work by itself."

PREPARATIONS

2:48 // Song Length \\ 2:48

Timetable:

5/5/2015 - The general framework of the song was constructed.

5/6/2015 - The base of the song including beat was created.

5/7/2015 - Added the primary synths and synced them with the bass.

5/8/2015 - Finished song with the EQ and orchestral additions.

THEME:

SOUNDTRACK

GAMEPLAY

PRE-MISSION

This song is based on an older one I made without posting, but completely revamped and made into a new song with almost none of the old detail put into it. I focused thsi one on a simple build-up in a shorter song, just to give the illusion of, well, preparation. The closer you are to finishing things, the more intense it gets. The song should fit that.

"Life finds a way to make any plan come together. If you can stick to your guns, you can win. Choose your loadout, and get going."

ARCADE SHOWDOWN

3:13 // Song Length \\ 3:13

Timetable:

5/10/2015 - The base of the beat was made along with the 8-bit tune.

5/11/2015 - A significant amount of the chorus was created today.

5/12/2015 - Nothing exceptionally grand beyond EQ today. Was tired.

5/13/2015 - Finished it and deemed it fit for submission!

THEME:

SOUNDTRACK

PROMOTIONAL

ARCADE / PROMOTIONAL BG

Quite out of standards with the rest of my songs, Arcade Showdown is just a chippy, happy song that has an intentional repetition to keep as a general background tune., While I am most certainly capable of making these kinds of songs that stay up in your face and pounding, this one keeps to a mid-level, and creates a backdrop for arcade, or a showstage situation.

"Man, Pac-Man sucks balls."

Thank you for reading my post. I hope I win, and can guarantee effort continuously no matter what.

Edited by Mikazu, 13 May 2015 - 05:56 PM.

JERICHO

ENFORCERS | CRIMINALS

Mikazu   Kasuya

JungleFlaco

JungleFlaco

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Joined 20-March 13
Hey ho!

Had this parked from a few months so i thought this would be a good chance to finish it up. It was made on FL10 and the total time taken on the project was around 10 hours (9 hours and 41 minutes according to project info, to be exact).

•Theme: Spotlight (any aspect of APB)
I focused on creating a cool atmosphere with the idea of some sort of catchy trailer or showcase from the game. I was the only person involved in the creation of this track.

Hope you peoplez like it =)

JungleFlaco - Juliet & Sierra:

Thanks GamersFirst / Reloaded Productions for this opportunity and good luck to all the participants.

Edited by JungleFlaco, 22 April 2015 - 04:51 AM.

9BXQnYH.jpg
NINJA TECH

R0CC0

R0CC0

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Joined 24-July 12

Dither: Mens Rea

https://soundcloud.c...-rea-08-01-2013

Industrial & Psychadelic Metal

http://www.soundcloud.com/mea_ven

Havok5

Havok5

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 19-October 12

Hello, been working on music my whole life ive been dedicated on my album in the past few years, but since i like this game too much im giving part of my soul to go as a soundtrack. Im working with samples in general but im also playing the music. My work is fusion between Hip-Hop and Trip-Hop with elements of elektro, its electronic music in general. I named the track "Fear Loathing and Paranoia" its inspired by The Asylum server and it accurately describes the feeling of the Asylum i get :rambo:
My name is Orange Groove
here is the link ---> https://soundcloud.com/orangegroove/orange-groove-fearloathing-and-paranoiaapb-soundtrack-contest 

P.S.
I hope you like it

with love Havok

BlackJana

BlackJana

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 13-August 12

http://www.mediafire...New project.wav

Song Length: 2minutes

Creator: I did it myself^^

Timetable:

22.04.2015- I created the main voice and low voice.

23.04.2015- Finished creating the song by adding some instruments and the drums.

THEME:

Soundtrack

Advertisement

Combat

This soundtack is based on a criminal elecronic shop employee who drives around in his Charge Mikro while he plays pranks on random enforcers.

Edited by BlackJana, 28 April 2015 - 11:29 AM.

MiLeen4

MiLeen4

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 25-April 15

Hello, this is a little Song i made. I Hope someone likes it. :P

Titel: Eclipse

Lengh: 3:13

Theme: Soundtrack for Districts (Financial/Waterfront)

Her is the link to my little Song: https://soundcloud.c...8360688/eclipse

Lord Sykocutioner

Lord Sykocutioner

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 26-April 15

I will be entering this as well. I have a song started but it is not yet complete. this is to act as a placeholder and to remind myself I have work to do.

007omari

007omari

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 04-March 15

Hey guys this track i made is to describe the feeling that u get when you are just dominating as an enforcer and you

reach prestige 5 i have made an effort to capture the elements of APB that keep me coming back for more :

• The snare rolls represents the gun shots :uzi:

• the brass give the song that since of heroism

• The filter represents the when you are in critical health

• The vocal chants is obviously for the Lebroyce vox kit in the music maker

• There is a siren which is to show the great chaos the city of san parro is in

• The arpeggio is for those warning beeps on the osmaw

• Finally the guitar is for that adrenaline rush you get when you are all close and personal with an OCA

I made it short and sweet because i didn't want it to drag on and i wanted to leave you feeling like you want more

members involved: me(traplegend)

time taken to complete: 14 hrs in total

contact info - OmariKerr007@gmail.com

:dj: GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE CONTESTANTS   :dj:

Edited by 007omari, 13 May 2015 - 04:09 PM.

Redgroove

Redgroove

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Joined 23-December 13

Saved for future post.

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.” https://wasp-inc.com/
5b4v9z.jpg

lordcdr

lordcdr

Initiate

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Hi...I dont know what to say really. I'm lordcdr/Knash two of the probably most well known cop/crim on the game...If anything I think I could make An ingame playlist or ad for the game . I've been making music for years. And i am the owner of www.8cutrecords.com . so hear it goes this is my submission.https://www.youtube....h?v=4J3CYirl4O0

JohhnyRouddro

JohhnyRouddro

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 14-April 15

Track Title: Hypnotic Mayhem

Artist: Me

Duration: 2:52

richboy683

richboy683

Initiate

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 05-May 15

Hey guys this track i made is to describe the feeling that u get when you are just dominating as an enforcer and you

reach prestige 5 i have made an effort to capture the elements of APB that keep me coming back for more :

• The snare rolls represents the gun shots :uzi:

• the brass give the song that since of heroism

• The filter represents the when you are in critical health

• The vocal chants is obviously for the Lebroyce vox kit in the music maker

• There is a siren which is to show the great chaos the city of san parro is in

• The arpeggio is for those warning beeps on the osmaw

• Finally the guitar is for that adrenaline rush you get when you are all close and personal with an OCA

I made it short and sweet because i didn't want it to drag on and i wanted to leave you feeling like you want more

members involved: me(traplegend)

time taken to complete: 14 hrs in total

contact info - OmariKerr007@gmail.com

:dj: GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE CONTESTANTS   :dj:

Bornstunner was here

CtrlAltDance

CtrlAltDance

Initiate

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 22-January 11

Greetings, i'm Alex.

This track was originally created in-game some time ago. Thinking about what track/song will suit the game atmosphere most, i realized that it should be the one that was inspired by the game itself. :)

•Creator: Me (in-game: iheartpivo EU2)

•Theme: I think it can be used as soundtrack, advertisement, or district background music (shops, etc.) as well as in the action related situations.

•Development timetable: ~10-11hours (with redoing, rethinking, adding/removing stuff all the way)

Hope you guys enjoy!

Edited by CtrlAltDance, 15 May 2015 - 12:08 PM.

JillV5

JillV5

Initiate

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 26-September 13

Hi, yes I know, nobody know Im a Song designer but I have that creation made my self like a Promotional for a Legendary Weapons, I hope you like it, anyway I do this music for fun, now the info in this song

Creator: My self aldelink - Coop GabyQueeny
Contact Us: Adelink: aldelink@gmail.com GabyQueeny: queenykiss657@gmail.com

In Game: JillV5 and GabyQueeny
Theme: Promotional for the legendary weapons in APB Reloaded
Timetable:
-(0:13 / 22 hours) add a sound likes the VBR Huntress on Starting
-(1:50/22 hours) Searching form to make a suspense theme for a little videoclip with excelent edition, material song for fusion or  theme while buy an Item on Armas Marketplace
-(3:60/22 hours) add harmonic instriments on the song without much electronic pieces, this have to sound clean from any electronic beat and source
-(6/22 hours) making the Strings Solo in the song for addition on the  song, I wont to leave it without the String solo but It Sound simply
-(9:30/22 hours) preparing theme with the GabyQueeny Percussion paths help and finishing the song
-(10/22 hours) "Done!" Partial

-(20/22 hours) upgrading Quality and add some pretty notes

-(22/22 hours) really done!

and the song is here

I dont know how to put it here and instead I put the link for the song here, see you later and GL for everyone

Edited by JillV5, 14 May 2015 - 10:16 PM.

Azov

Azov

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Joined 15-February 11

THIS WOULD BE A THEME FOR FIGHT CLUB

My best friend and I made it when we were 16 years old. Took a month to write and a weekend to record.

This isn't my only submission however. 

Basically ever since I started streaming APB:R on Twitch (MercenaryKing) I also started a little independent record label to promote good music while I streamed...

MEGAGEM RECORDS

Funny enough it grew a lot faster than my streaming career, lol

Now I always have amazing music to listen to... just wish others could hear it as well

So I spoke to the MULTITUDE of amazing artists I currently promote about the idea of having their music in the game. Not one didn't think it was a great idea. Turns out the only payment a talented musician needs is their work heard and credited to them. This is what they came back with... In my opinion, exactly what everyone should be listening to when they play APB:R :]

EDM SUBMISSIONS

WE ARE THE STARS

BLUE GOD

RIVERS RIVERS

ZARKILOR

THREE PART INVENTION

RAP SUBMISSIONS

LFLF

SUGAR CHOCOLATE SLIM

FLACCO

ALT SUBMISSIONS

MEGAGEM 

MODERN NOMAD

SAMUEL HAMILTON
TWO STEPS

VICT

(There is Much More)

The Only Condition We Have

Is that all songs already made and submitted would also remain the property of the current owners

Since everything would be given for free it makes sense that the musicians keep their rights to their work

Since all you want is a lot of good music and all we want is for that same music to be heard

I think we can call this a WIN-WIN for everyone involved

If we win the contest

We would be able to continue to contribute new music for the In Game Radio on a regular basis.

Anything made from scratch specifically for APB:R would belong to you at that point

whatever you may require or have in mind

Even if we don't win

I still urge everyone to listen and download all these amazing songs

And for the Reloaded Team to put them into the game for the benefit of everyone :]

- AZ

Edited by Azov, 15 May 2015 - 10:09 PM.

MaelstromIvy

MaelstromIvy

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 27-October 13

Band / Project Name: MaelstroM
Song Name: Ephemeral
Genre: Metal

Theme: Soundtrack for your headbanging needs while driving and shooting /dancepunk \m/
Development Time: ~ 30 hours

Members:
1. Akshay (Mael) - Guitars, MIDI, Mixing
2. Jake - Lyrics, Vocals

In Game Preview:

Development Timetable:

Akshay:
4/23/2015 - Wrote the main intro riff and verses. (2-3 hours)
4/24/2015 - Followed up with the chorus, breakdown, solo rhythm and bridge. (3-4 hours)
4/25/2015 - Programmed drum and bass track with MIDI and VSTi. (2-3 hours)
4/26/2015 - Recorded rhythm guitars, intro and chorus leads. (2-3 hours)
4/30/2015 - Recorded verse, breakdown leads. Improvised solo over rhythm track. (3-4 hours)
5/1/2015 - Wrote and programmed piano and synth tracks with MIDI and VSTi. (1-2 hour)
5/2/2015 - Mixing and EQ (1-2 hours)

Jake:
5/8/2015 - Vocals test over breakdown. (1 hour)
5/9/2015 - Wrote lyrics. (3-4 hours)
5/11/2015 - Recorded first and second vocals take. (2-3 hours)
5/12/2015 - Recorded third vocals take. (1-2 hours)
5/14/2015 - Recorded retakes for outro and chorus. (1-2 hours)

Akshay:
5/14/2015 - Vocals mixing, Final EQ and mastering. (2-3 hours)

------------

Lyrics:

Will we live to see the day
When the thread starts to fray
And everything stands still?

Yet the current flows away
It washes you astray
And nothing stands still

Is it too late to change the past?
What we had it went by too fast

Take me back to when we first met
How I lit up your eyes, I’ll never forget
Two hearts became one but now
Your heart it beats
Another’s name

And we’ll hold our breath as the sun goes down
‘Cause when it rises I won’t be found
Wings stolen and heart broken, I’m left
Replaying these
These Memories

You and I, it feels so right
We’re doing fine, we’re doing fine
Together we’ll stand the test of time
You’re all mine, you’re all mine
Dream turned nightmare while I’m wide awake
This distance, it haunts me
I never thought I’d see the day where
We’re not fine and you’re not mine

Time
It moves in straight lines
Running parallel through our minds

And I’d turn it back for you
Invert the hourglass, or we’re through

Take me back to when we first met
How I lit up your eyes, I’ll never forget
Two hearts became one but now
Your heart it beats
Another’s name

And we’ll hold our breath as the sun goes down
‘Cause when it rises I won’t be found
Wings stolen and heart broken, I’m left
Replaying these
These Memories

You and I, it feels so right
We’re doing fine, we’re doing fine
Together we’ll stand the test of time
You’re all mine, you’re all mine
Dream turned nightmare while I’m wide awake
This distance, it haunts me
I never thought I’d see the day where
We’re not fine and you’re not mine

Change the future, fight back
There’s no plan, attack
Hopes and dreams, though fleeting
Give my life new meaning

Though I’m left forever asking

Will we live to see the day
When the thread starts to fray
And everything stands still?

Yet the current flows away
It washes you astray
And nothing stands still

FM77

FM77

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Joined 11-July 11

Theme: Lore
Artist/Credits/Contact: FM77

Created on:   5/14/15 @ 1000 Hrs. EST
Develop time: 8hrs

Geetie

Geetie

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Joined 07-July 11

This is basically a track i've made a few years ago, but remaked it a bit for this event
spent about 2 hours a day for the past week to mod it, but the main job was done previously

im not sure which "theme" to choose, seems liks it was generally meant for the art competition..
but i think ill go with the soundtrack.. either putting it on the music player/environment music/main menu whatever you guys feel like

good luck to everyone! there are some great tracks here

Edited by Geetie, 14 May 2015 - 11:03 PM.

sneekface

sneekface

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Joined 15-March 11

I made a song about the coolest contact in the game.

Band: Spyflue (Zenith: guitars, bass, programming. Stefan Festila: saxophone)

Songtitle: Devil Dog

Theme: Lore

The saxophone solo is made by my neighbour Stefan who was kind enough to help me on this song.

Development timetable:

26.04.15 - came up with riffs

27.04.15 - programmed drums, recorded guitars

28.04.15 - more guitar recordimg

29.04.15 - even more guitar recording + working on drums

30.04.15 - recording bassguitar + working on mix

11.05.15 - saxophone testing

14.05.15 - saxophone recording

15.05.15 - mastering

total time spent: about 20-40 hours

Edited by sneekface, 15 May 2015 - 09:01 AM.

9tHHDo3.png   icon_grenade_eightball.pngicon_grenade_eightball.pngicon_grenade_eightball.png

"This is an epic race between engine update and hl3" - Ourumow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users