4 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

Importing assets into a game is easy, even without an editor. Do the research yourself.

Okay? Going off topic here but alright.

Guess we're done here.

Edited by Tobii

Forum is being a jerk.

Edited by Tobii

2 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

I was hoping you would post, I love hurting butts.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/268500/workshop/

thousands of amature user made asset imports, lmao.

you are aware that these games are specifically tailored to accept things like this and to allow them to be made in the first place?

i don’t know for sure but i’d say that none of these games rely on custom, created-from-scratch programming for their customization - nor is that customization anywhere near as complex as apb’s

this is a bit like saying the local police force is basically the same as the local neighborhood watch

3 minutes ago, Tobii said:

Okay? Going off topic here but okay..

Guess we're done here.

1 minute ago, Tobii said:

Forum is being a jerk.

I'm not a jerk just because you chose to look stupid.

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

you are aware that these games are specifically tailored to accept things like this and to allow them to be made in the first place?

i don’t know for sure but i’d say that none of these games rely on custom, created-from-scratch programming for their customization - nor is that customization anywhere near as complex as apb’s

this is a bit like saying the local police force is basically the same as the local neighborhood watch

I will never believe the old g1 lie, I have worked with enough games to know what I am talking about, it may not be easy, but anyone can do it. G1 had 8 years and 2 magical devs and still came up with nothing. What do you want me to say? Lol.

1 minute ago, Puffdragon said:

I will never believe the old g1 lie, I have worked with enough games to know what I am talking about, it may not be easy, but anyone can do it. G1 had 8 years and 2 magical devs and still came up with nothing. What do you want me to say? Lol.

You're not the forum, are you? The forum made me double post, hence "forum is being a jerk".

I know you want everything to be about you but calm down there.

Pretty sure he is talking about forum double posting.

Just now, Tobii said:

You're not the forum, are you? The forum made me double post, hence "forum is being a jerk".

I know you want everything to be about you but calm down there.

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Pretty sure he is talking about forum double posting.

I'm sorry I misread, either case g1 mislead you tobii, that is what I am saying.

Just now, Puffdragon said:

I'm sorry I misread, either case g1 mislead you tobii, that is what I am saying.

How so?

Pretty sure I got most of my info from the actual devs, not G1. /shrug

Just now, Tobii said:

How so?

Pretty sure I got most of my info from the actual devs, not G1. /shrug

Then the actual devs are stupid and over paid. Get rid of them.

Then the actual devs are stupid and over paid. Get rid of them.

Tell that to OL, since the devs now work for them. 🙂

Or tell @Androvald yourself, pretty sure he uses the forum.

Edited by Tobii

Just now, Tobii said:

Tell that to OL, since the devs now work for them. 🙂

Yes, right up there with tiggs I'm sure lol.

5 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

i mean orbit has even said that g1 basically has the 3.5 code except for 2 core systems, one of which is the completely custom-made customization code

Just now, BXNNXD said:

i mean orbit has even said that g1 basically has the 3.5 code except for 2 core systems, one of which is the completely custom-made customization code

The 3.5 engine, I don't have an xbox, but just call my psychic when I say that it's broken and there is no new content.

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

let me upvote you already! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

• Like 1

Just now, Tobii said:

it’s okay i already know i’m loved 

30 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

it’s okay i already know i’m loved 

31 minutes ago, Tobii said:

I would love to be proven wrong, but the devs have had ample time and money to do something, but so far all I can recall is the out of bounds zones, which were a very good addition to the game, and prevented 70% of the exploits. But they stopped doing seasonal events, like easter I heard, which is a huge mistake because the holiday events draw everyone back to the game to get the new / rare content. I'm sorry if I seem rude and obnoxious but I love this game and it's been neglected.

I would love to be proven wrong, but the devs have had ample time and money to do something, but so far all I can recall is the out of bounds zones, which were a very good addition to the game, and prevented 70% of the exploits. But they stopped doing seasonal events, like easter I heard, which is a huge mistake because the holiday events draw everyone back to the game to get the new / rare content. I'm sorry if I seem rude and obnoxious but I love this game and it's been neglected.

It's hard to do anything when you're out of money.

There is a reason people had to pay for the entire KTTC incident.

And the event abusing as well.

orbit has already said that you’re wrong though

3 minutes ago, Tobii said:

It's hard to do anything when you're out of money.

There is a reason people had to pay for the entire KTTC incident.

And the event abusing as well.

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

orbit has already said that you’re wrong though

The words tiggs typed to me before she banned me the first time when I questioned the new engine were "we will see puff". Those words are burned into my brain, glowing like fire. So I say the same to you, we will see.

And we will see if I can survive this third ban.

Its simple, unless they update textures and poly count the game will look mostly the same.  You can see some changes due to new features, better use of them, but its not gonna turn teh old art into amazing 4k super realistic craziness.

35 minutes ago, ScottDaniels said:

Its simple, unless they update textures and poly count the game will look mostly the same.  You can see some changes due to new features, better use of them, but its not gonna turn teh old art into amazing 4k super realistic craziness.

Nope, it's super hard and complex basically have to rewrite all the code because we can't copy and paste it. And we lost the old shaders.

Oh boy, I am having too much fun.

Edit: Just re-hire burt / jobs at least he was competent.

Edited by Puffdragon

On 5/27/2018 at 12:10 PM, Puffdragon said:

Nope, it's super hard and complex basically have to rewrite all the code because we can't copy and paste it. And we lost the old shaders.

You misunderstood.  I don't mean the work is simple, I mean that its simple to understand what an engine upgrade will give us, without additional work done to improve the quality of textures, higher poly count models.  You dont upgrade to UE 4 and suddly just have all that.

On 5/27/2018 at 12:10 PM, Puffdragon said:

yeah rehire the guy who did nothing for us his whole year as lead designer great idea

I mean if UE makes game look like that, then something went wrong with fortnite ("insert Kappa here")

While moving to UE4 won't mean the game will look like that, it will mean the game has the potential to look better than it does now, assuming work is put in on updating textures and shaders and etc. At a bare minimum, it SHOULD run better, and allow the developers to do a lot more with APB's systems.

It really all depends on how far they take it.