You're asking too much.

3 minutes ago, RodriguesPTF said:

Can someone please enlighten me about Unreal Engine 4? Is APB going to look like this? Or am I asking to much?

Youtube Video About Unreal Engine 4

My experience with game design is limited to the source engine and crappy JRPGs, but, it all depends on the polygon count of the assets. This task would be immense but pretty doable. Just plop the assets in and rewire the scripts / code. That is the problem, the code. But It should be easy to stumble through even with someone using youtube tutorial videos.

Coders won't admit it but 70% is copy and paste 😛

At the least, I think what we can expect is just better optimization, some neat graphics maybe here and there and it being easier for the devs to roll out new content.

I don't think you should expect true to life or movie like graphics just because you hear unreal engine 4. I mean, fortnite is unreal engine 4 lol.

Edited by Shini

Optimization/Performance

Better rendering/Content Creation

Singular code-base between platforms

In short, no more needing a potato to actually run APB better than a beastly gaming rig.

• Like 2

No, I can assure you it won't look as bombastic as that. The Limitations of APB are clear, you cannot run the game with such a High poly count of character and objects, it would counter the thought of optimization. 

You sure can Expect a Difference, not as big as some might hope but that only due to the fact and I hope LO keeps that in mind that the game stays Playable for a vast majority of people. 

As Shini said, you can expect better Optimisation, and the move is needed, desperately, a lot of things in the original APB code weren't available back then, RTW had to basically create their own engine based on the Unreal Engine to make APB work. With a Switch to a Newer Engine, the Developer will have it far easier to deal with Problems, add content more frequently and so on. Currently, it's impossible to do anything and simply wasted time. 

All we can do is wait, all these changes won't be coming anytime soon. We can be lucky if it's this year. Haven't worked much with UE4, all my experience with Game development was in BF1942 and a bit of UE2.something. And some other lesser known in-house engines in some Private server setting. And all that is like 10+ years ago. 

But overall the game should with UE4 in place be a more well-rounded slightly better looking Massively better working Game.

1 hour ago, AgentWatson said:

Mmm, projectile based hit registration. 

oh god please no

tbh i doubt that graphics will get better

maybe some textures here and there

and maybe better bloom and effects or what ever

APB's graphics would be optimised but I think it's more the game mechanics, features and standard operations that would see the most benefit.

It does open the door for better quality models and textures for future content though, but don't expect previous content to get a total make over so it beautiful in 4k any time soon.

I don't really ask too much for the engine upgrade but all I really want to see is better optimization and maybe more physics implements, like (when we get longer hair), wavy hair, car bumpers hanging from one side after getting hit, jiggle physics and fluent movements. 

(Still waiting for the speed vaulting and jumping and grabbing a ledge to come in)
(Oh yeah we need a better stance for car surfing, the static one is buggy)

Edited by MoeEveryWeek
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Puffdragon said:

My experience with game design is limited to the source engine and crappy JRPGs, but, it all depends on the polygon count of the assets. This task would be immense but pretty doable. Just plop the assets in and rewire the scripts / code. That is the problem, the code. But It should be easy to stumble through even with someone using youtube tutorial videos.

Coders won't admit it but 70% is copy and paste 😛

APB is more than 50% custom code and plugins made just for APB.

You can't just copy paste stuff over, that won't work.

They've said that before, even porting to 3.5 is a HUGE task.

As Matt mentioned, APB on UE4 is really far off. The current goal is to release a proper anticheat, then getting the game to UE3.5 so that they can release content. Then they'll start the huge process of writing APB to UE4.

what you can find about apb and unreal engine 4 on youtube :

Edited by Takotak

34 minutes ago, Tobii said:

APB is more than 50% custom code and plugins made just for APB.

You can't just copy paste stuff over, that won't work.

They've said that before, even porting to 3.5 is a HUGE task.

Gamersfirst was incompetent though, so let's help LO fix the game.

5 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

Gamersfirst was incompetent though, so let's help LO fix the game.

LO stated the same.

And the people working on 3.5 under G1 still work on it for LO.

So there is no difference there.

You can't just copy and paste it.

6 minutes ago, Tobii said:

LO stated the same.

And the people working on 3.5 under G1 still work on it for LO.

So there is no difference there.

You can't just copy and paste it.

Oh really, who are their coders? What are their names? Modsquad maybe?

3 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

Oh really, who are their coders? What are their names? Modsquad maybe?

@Androvald and @Aphadon I believe.

But since they're with LO now, there might be more.

Edited by Tobii

Just now, Tobii said:

@Androvald and @Aphadon I believe.

But since they're with LO now, there might be more.

Hmm let's hope so, and I know coding is more complex then I explained, but the process of importing assets is pretty much copy and paste.

Just now, Puffdragon said:

Hmm let's hope so, and I know coding is more complex then I explained, but the process of importing assets is pretty much copy and paste.

Seeing as the assets were broken on some of the blog posts, I think there's more to it than that.

4 hours ago, Shini said:

At the least, I think what we can expect is just better optimization, some neat graphics maybe here and there and it being easier for the devs to roll out new content.

I don't think you should expect true to life or movie like graphics just because you hear unreal engine 4. I mean, fortnite is unreal engine 4 lol.

apb runs better on my laptop than fortnite,hopefully they actually optimize it rather than kill us poor people

1 hour ago, Tobii said:

Seeing as the assets were broken on some of the blog posts, I think there's more to it than that.

With all due respect, g1 ran the company into the ground, so I find everything they say suspect.

4 minutes ago, Puffdragon said:

With all due respect, g1 ran the company into the ground, so I find everything they say suspect.

This wasn't G1 saying that.

G1 is the company that pays the people working on the porting.

Look at the screenshots from the blog posts, they are from the devs, not "G1".

Unreal+Upgrade+Progress+Shot+1.png

Just now, Tobii said:

This wasn't G1 saying that.

G1 is the company that pays the people working on the porting.

Look at the screenshots from the blog posts, they are from the devs, not "G1".

Unreal+Upgrade+Progress+Shot+1.png

I was hoping you would post, I love hurting butts.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/268500/workshop/

thousands of amature user made asset imports, lmao.

1 minute ago, Tobii said:

Huh?...

Importing assets into a game is easy, even without an editor. Do the research yourself.