12 replies to this topic

Charsi

Charsi

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Joined 22-February 11

A handful of people enjoyed my previous APB montage so I put together another one. I hope you guys will enjoy this one too. Constructive criticism is once again welcome!

enforcer.gifCharsi / criminal.gifRavenne - EU2
Member of the Furious Gaming community.

Watch Charsi: "Professional Pro" and Charsi: "Silver Tactics" @ Youtube

Charsi

Charsi

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Joined 22-February 11

This time around I put in the effort to have sound in every clip, I had to re-encode a couple of recordings due to the issue with importing variable framerate recordings in Premiere. I took your criticism to heart Felin even though music is louder than me in a lot of clips but that's okay because I say a lot of stupid mommy when I play. :D

Felin

Felin

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Joined 11-August 12

It definitely made a difference having in-game sound so I'd say it was worth the work.

Overall, enjoyable to watch, but I wouldn't expect any less. Keep it up!

l53g9ao.pngzYeLID4.pngiXrg5SV.png

thelinux

thelinux

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1347 posts
  • Joined 25-December 13

Overall nicely done, was fun to watch. Brilliant music choice for the gameplay part.

I liked how you minimized that clip and left it in the background and how you zoomed in later again. Also I personally like it if the proper gameplay part and funny clips/moments are separated like that, I usually do it like this myself. Could be edited more seriously but that applies to all apb montages I've seen/made.

Well done =)

Edited by thelinux, 02 April 2015 - 12:37 AM.

Avair | thelinux | thellinux | imthelinux - Citadel EU

YouTube <> Steam <> Twitch

xf4tg4.png

Charsi

Charsi

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Joined 22-February 11

Overall nicely done, was fun to watch. Brilliant music choice for the gameplay part.

I liked how you minimized that clip and left it in the background and how you zoomed in later again. Also I personally like it if the proper gameplay part and funny clips/moments are separated like that, I usually do it like this myself. Could be edited more seriously but that applies to all apb montages I've seen/made.

Well done =)

Thanks. What do you mean by "edited more seriously"?

thelinux

thelinux

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1347 posts
  • Joined 25-December 13

Thanks. What do you mean by "edited more seriously"?

Syncing kills, using different colour corrections, playing around with panorama cropping & -keyframes, coming up with creative ideas such as cinematic scenes or other no-killing footage and adjusting/syncing them to the music, adding special effects (explosions), adding a creative intro (cinematic spot + motion tracking text), etc etc etc.

Maybe it's just me who likes to see stuff edited like that, some might call this 'overedited'. So don't take this as criticism, this might be just me, your style is completely fine.

Obviously I'm unable to reach my personal objective regarding montages myself but if you cannot conceive an idea of what I'm talking about, these would be examples where I gave quite my best.

Avair | thelinux | thellinux | imthelinux - Citadel EU

YouTube <> Steam <> Twitch

xf4tg4.png

Charsi

Charsi

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Joined 22-February 11

Syncing kills, using different colour corrections, playing around with panorama cropping & -keyframes, coming up with creative ideas such as cinematic scenes or other no-killing footage and adjusting/syncing them to the music, adding special effects (explosions), adding a creative intro (cinematic spot + motion tracking text), etc etc etc.

Maybe it's just me who likes to see stuff edited like that, some might call this 'overedited'. So don't take this as criticism, this might be just me, your style is completely fine.

Obviously I'm unable to reach my personal objective regarding montages myself but if you cannot conceive an idea of what I'm talking about, these would be examples where I gave quite my best.

I get it, thanks for clarifying. Personally I don't appreciate footage that is speed up, slowed down, stopped, re winded, restarted, cropped, enlarged, shaken and stirred constantly but I have enjoyed videos where it was used sparingly and it added something to the experience for sure - I might try to mess with that a little more in my next montage, not sure I can pull it off though. :P

Kaolo

Kaolo

Initiate

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 19-February 14

Good (y)

Edited by Kaolo, 03 April 2015 - 11:35 PM.

Krz.

Krz.

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5301 posts
  • Joined 02-November 13

Editing was nice as well as the montage, a tad too long though.

Also, I'd like to know the song names.It's a fair move to give credit to authors as well.

Edited by Krimz, 04 April 2015 - 01:38 AM.

:^)

:^)

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3814 posts
  • Joined 07-February 15

Jesus. These were some of the longest gunfights I've ever seen. The ones I encounter usually never get past the first reload for a 1v1. It's usually melt or get melted for me. 

Edited by ayyyy lmao, 04 April 2015 - 03:09 PM.

Ia8NHrf.png

Riisa

Riisa

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Joined 10-November 13

Very good! Epic torch kills :P

A Blog Post Would Be Nice. G1 10/10 Communication Since 2013

G1 Logic : ACT44 Handgun. A forgiving sidearm that won't judge you for missing. It's a way to tell enemies "I want you to die more than I want to learn how to aim."

Charsi

Charsi

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Joined 22-February 11

Editing was nice as well as the montage, a tad too long though.

Also, I'd like to know the song names.It's a fair move to give credit to authors as well.

I wanted my second montage to be shorter than my first one, that didn't really work out. I'll try to make the next one shorter! Promise!

Songs used:

1. Vicetone vs Popeska - The New Kings Ft. Luciana
  2. Mord Fustang - Pop (Futuristik Remix)
  3. Paula Abdul - Opposites Attract (Saints Row 4 Version)

Jesus. These were some of the longest gunfights I've ever seen. The ones I encounter usually never get past the first reload for a 1v1. It's usually melt or get melted for me. 

I often run out of bullets, need to be able to exchange all the other consumables to ammo boxes!

Very good! Epic torch kills :P

Thanks. It's become somewhat of a sport for me, getting torch kills on golds. :D

Edited by Charsi, 05 April 2015 - 01:57 AM.

Charsi

Charsi

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Joined 22-February 11

Oh hey, this video recently broke 1K views which is pretty neat, especially considering I only have 30 subscribers - I think I have you guys to thank for getting so many views!

I've been toying with the idea of making another video with the small amount of unused clips I still have, finally got around to it this weekend!

Hope you enjoy!

Edited by Charsi, 30 April 2017 - 02:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users