100 replies to this topic

Taint

Taint

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Joined 23-March 12

Bumping cos the original menu music was sick! Just an option to re-enable it in the audio options would be much appreciated. Just listening to it man, it takes me back... to when the M-1922 and the Nano were op as gosh darn... and the vegas still sounded beast... memories <3

Posted Image
Who is Taint and Timaman (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Whoa there! Check out the Paintable Rugido taillights thread. And why not check out the lovely Wodgestock?

Yoche

Yoche

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 08-February 13

As much as the old log in background went well with loading screens, representing identity and creative options of this game, the current one fits today's APB better. It's unoptimized, sometimes broken shows what the gameplay is all about: guns, running aroundshooting and even more guns.

By the way, still no option to turn off the Armas pop up screen at the start?

ahah

76561198035074156.png

Yoche | Yooche

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

the old login screen was so cool.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

canT be an option in launcher menu?

select: Old Login, New Login. Custom Login.

neemnoof

neemnoof

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 17-July 11
I want the old one also

maxedgold.pngmaxedsilver.png

RoyalMaiden

RoyalMaiden

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Joined 07-December 11

Just returned to this lovely post, the login nostalgia is real.

Edited by RoyalMaiden, 28 September 2016 - 11:46 PM.

AMYoVUC.png

Mr. Obeya

Mr. Obeya

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • Joined 21-December 14

I just cant stand the awful sounding foghorn I get greeted with every time I boot up the game. Who even thought that was a good idea?

This

RiotCop (Enf) - From Citadel with love.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3922 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Lol, thank you for posting my video.  I made that a while ago as a joke about how I see the new login screen, and its currently my most viewed video.   My view of the main menu hasn't changed.  

I still think the new one doesn't fit the game at all, and though this isn't an absolutely serious issue like a bunch of other things in the game that need fixed, I still feel that the first thing a player sees when they login should always be representative of the game itself.  The first time I played APB, the main menu actually did provide a really good first impression to me.  I sat there watching the background for a while actually, and really enjoying the music.  The old one actually inspired creativity, which is one of the main focuses of this game.  APB is like the LittleBigPlanet of shooters when it comes to how much creativity is encouraged.  When the new login screen was added at first I was like "Why's my game taking so long to load? Wow cool! A new background! This looks neat!"  Then very shortly afterwards the magic wore off after realizing how... hmmm, I don't know how to word it exactly.  It's not poorly done for what they have to work with, its just not APB and was an all around unneeded change and a poor design choice.  Well damn.  You got me all fired up and ranty again.

We're on our 3rd page of replies now, almost all in favor of the old background , I counted 2 out of 86 replies that were in favor of the new one.  Can it at least be considered to make it an option?  There were a lot of newbies (at their time of posting) in the thread that even like the old background more than the new one.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 05 October 2016 - 10:50 AM.

MissFortune

MissFortune

Initiate

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 01-October 16

+1

Szambi

Szambi

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4051 posts
  • Joined 18-June 14

Make totally new log in screen and put the old music.

AMYoVUC.png

God dammit!

Mr. Obeya

Mr. Obeya

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • Joined 21-December 14

Lol, thank you for posting my video.  I made that a while ago as a joke about how I see the new login screen, and its currently my most viewed video. My view of the main menu hasn't changed.

I view the menu* the same way. You win internets with that video.

I still think the new one doesn't fit the game at all, and though this isn't an absolutely serious issue like a bunch of other things in the game that need fixed, I still feel that the first thing a player sees when they login should always be representative of the game itself.

The only good thing that the current menu does is make connection lost/kick/ban messages more annoying. The sudden loading screen, the startup stinger and the zooming camera which then suddenly fades to a message like, "connection to the server lost," is like a huge middle finger (it does make the, "I just got banned," videos hilarious). They might as well make it worse by replacing the messages with an erect muscet.

*Edit: Damn auto-correct

Edited by Mr. Obeya, 08 October 2016 - 08:28 PM.

foz

foz

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 04-January 15

Tactical bump, please don't tell me that idea is dead

At least let us choose between the new 3d login screen and the old one somewhere in options

My Citadel (formerly Patriot EU2) characters:                                                                                  

Dunes | Criminal   

LoveLoveLove | Enforcer   

MrHappyPenguin

MrHappyPenguin

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1437 posts
  • Joined 14-August 15

I hate waiting for the menu to load so I can be deafened by that fog horn. It's such a pita swapping weapons between characters. I'm temped to risk it and download one of the custom login menus at this point.

Jericho : ELDrillPresso | MrFappyPenguin | MrsHappyPenguin | RickRitalin                              CPU: Xeon X5690 4.75GHz; RAM: 24GB DDR3-1900 9-9-9-24; GPU: GTX 970
AbbyAdderall | Bubblenut | MasticationMan | MrHappyPenguin | Diverted                         SSDs: V300 120GB (OS), MX200 500GB (Games); Sound: Sennheiser HD598

Innova : somethingchewy | somethingcrispy   Citadel : DCarp | DCarpel                              Mouse: Logitech G400; Keyboard: IBM Model M; MIC: AudioTechnica AT2020

breeniix

breeniix

Initiate

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 31-March 12

Just came across this post as I was watching an old video showing the old character selection screen. I'd love to see G1 bring the old login screen back or as foz said, let us have the option to choose between the old and latest one!

4mnj5Ah.png

Mr. Obeya

Mr. Obeya

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • Joined 21-December 14

Judging by the fact that OTW (right?) has a different login screen, G1 hopefully is working on a new design.

STRIVERUS

STRIVERUS

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 28-October 13

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1
PLEASE BRING THE OLD ONE BACK !!! It even felt more next gen than the 3D one, that we have now... and damn that old menu song!!!
The new one is so annoying... (I mean the first time I saw it, it was pretty cool, but unlike the old menu, it became really annoying after a month... at least for me)

and just like Brandon wrote... "
Now to discuss the other reasons why I believe it should be implemented.  It still had the original style of the game.  All those broken glitchy sounds, combined with the moving, constantly re-adjusting graffiti in the background just gave it a vibe that was really unique."

Edited by STRIVERUS, 26 January 2017 - 05:54 AM.

Vir Tristis, on 02 Sept 2015 - 07:30 AM, said:

Hvr 2 shot? Nerf. | Csg/jg 2 shot? Nerf. | Carbine no recoil? Nerf. | Percs too much stamina dmg? Nerf. | Guns do damage? Nerf.  Nerf.  Nerf.  Nerf.
This is what you idiots sound like.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3922 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Judging by the fact that OTW (right?) has a different login screen, G1 hopefully is working on a new design.

I hope so, also here's hoping that they make this old one an option.  Really hope they don't just stick with that one of the center of Social.  Social just looks flat out boring without players running around.

victoremz

victoremz

Grunt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 11-March 15
This login screen should make a comeback along with the mythical engine update.

Visionaireh

Visionaireh

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • Joined 16-January 15

This brings so much nostalgia!

Weajh // Enforcer // WASP // Citadel // R255

Nouveh // Criminal // Citadel // R255

Naugladur // Criminal // Citadel // R110

Annily

Annily

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Joined 21-November 14

i still love and listen first main menu song for remember old stories.

IAmDisappointSon

IAmDisappointSon

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Joined 24-May 17

G1/RP staff whoever the heck reads this, can't you see the literal mass majority of people replying to this thread are in favor of reverting to the old main menu, just gosh darning do it, I bet you guys even think your own new menu is mommy. admit it, it's mommy. You're only choice is to revert it to the original or create a better one using the old theme.

G1/RP always seems to make poor decisions for APB:Reloaded all the time, I don't think I'll ever understand

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users