TheDogCatcher

Dear Little Orbit your inexperience is showing.

It's their first online game, and also their first game that isn't targeted towards a younger age group.  
They're also already doing better than the original G1.
Get outta here with that shit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Player base is problematically small as it is and I don't believe unbanning everyone caused a massive surge of players eagerly coming back to the game, has it?

39 minutes ago, kukki said:

Player base is problematically small as it is and I don't believe unbanning everyone caused a massive surge of players eagerly coming back to the game, has it?

It did for a little bit, but keep in mind that most cheaters had many, many accounts.  I am still seeing some old faces I haven't seen for a long time in game, so it definitely brought some oldies back.

The biggest problem is still new player retention though.  APB is way too hard for a new solo player to get into that doesn't have any veteran friends to show them the ropes.  To a lot of new players APB looks like a dated unoptimized mess with an overwhelming amount of information on the screen at any given point the first time they play it, and the Tutorial doesn't help much.  I started in mid 2011 and instantly fell in love with the game because the uniqueness, customization and visuals just grabbed me, because it really did look beautiful back then.  Combine that with the fact that it had shooting and movement controls that I was already used to from playing Quake, with some extra little features thrown on like shoulder switching and leaning, and really cool vehicles.  Plus, everyone still kinda sucked back then, so you were only being put up against people that had a few months worth of experience max.  Now new players have to deal with people who have 8 years of experience, and the game doesn't do much to prevent that.
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:
It did for a little bit, but keep in mind that most cheaters had many, many accounts.  I am still seeing some old faces I haven't seen for a long time in game, so it definitely brought some oldies back.

The biggest problem is still new player retention though.  APB is way too hard for a new solo player to get into that doesn't have any veteran friends to show them the ropes.  To a lot of new players APB looks like a dated unoptimized mess with an overwhelming amount of information on the screen at any given point the first time they play it, and the Tutorial doesn't help much.  I started in mid 2011 and instantly fell in love with the game because the uniqueness, customization and visuals just grabbed me, because it really did look beautiful back then.  Combine that with the fact that it had shooting and movement controls that I was already used to from playing Quake, with some extra little features thrown on like shoulder switching and leaning, and really cool vehicles.  Plus, everyone still kinda sucked back then, so you were only being put up against people that had a few months worth of experience max.  Now new players have to deal with people who have 8 years of experience, and the game doesn't do much to prevent that.
I fully agree with you here. Game isn't well advertised, it isn't new, is difficult to get into and unpleasant playing solo. A recipe for disaster.

They've been a bit too eager a bit too fast. But at least these guys listen, that's why it'll probably be fine.

On 8/23/2018 at 10:23 PM, TheDogCatcher said:

no ,you were a plank.  😛

I completely forgot to comment on this rofl
See what happens when someone gets me drunk
On 8/23/2018 at 10:39 PM, Stunny said:
i think they're doing great
they made only one mistake so far the shotguns, and they have already replied to this and are fixing it in next patch
you're just being rude and hyperbolic for no reason at all
They've done a lot to help and sure they made a mistake with this shotgun update but they also acknowledged it and are working on things for this and other parts of APB.
Hopefully the engine update is soon so that we can fix the rest of what ails us.
  • Like 1