TheDogCatcher

Dear Little Orbit your inexperience is showing.

5 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:
6 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
i thought it was rather obvious hyperbole

but i would very much assume that if it was on a request basis, orbit would put it out on twitter and facebook and perhaps even send out an email

that (plus the actual little orbit acquisition) would def catch a majority of people's attention - and yes every yahoo would send in an unban request imo, regardless of whether they actually cheated or not

I'd assume that most of these cheat accounts are F2P accounts, why would even legit cheater see all that effort to get some old accounts back when they can just create new accounts?
indeed you would be surprised at how many cheaters have joker box weapons along with other stuff
i suspect some of it is due to scammed joker weapons and hacked/stolen accounts 

The unban waves simply gave them an abundance of alternate accounts with weapons even if battleye bans them within 1-3 months
if they have around 20-30 decent alts and possibly even more that's 20 - 90 months of cheating or 1.6-7.5 Years
  Edited by Spaghettio

4 hours ago, Spaghettio said:
indeed you would be surprised at how many cheaters have joker box weapons along with other stuff
i suspect some of it is due to scammed joker weapons and hacked/stolen accounts 

The unban waves simply gave them an abundance of alternate accounts with weapons even if battleye bans them within 1-3 months
if they have around 20-30 decent alts and possibly even more that's 20 - 90 months of cheating or 1.6-7.5 Years

But it was said that accounts that had any other ToS violations like scamming will remain banned. Then there's minority of stolen and sold accounts for sure.

It's F2P game so they don't have to necessarily even spend a dime, irrelevant in a long term. I have to say that if someone is cheating and has this many alts or more, they should probably seek professional help or kill themselves.

4 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:
But it was said that accounts that had any other ToS violations like scamming will remain banned. Then there's minority of stolen and sold accounts for sure.

It's F2P game so they don't have to necessarily even spend a dime, irrelevant in a long term. I have to say that if someone is cheating and has this many alts or more, they should probably seek professional help or kill themselves.
people can still scam via RMT and not get reported/banned for scamming and get banned for something entirely different

but there are plenty of cheaters that have spent their own money on this game 
under the assumption in the past that they won't get banned Edited by Spaghettio

1 minute ago, Spaghettio said:
people can still scam via RMT and not get reported/banned for scamming and get banned for something entirely different
I don't believe that this is very common, only gullible noobs can become victims for these scams and they don't know how to report these scammers.

14 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:
I don't believe that this is very common, only gullible noobs can become victims for these scams and they don't know how to report these scammers.
Reporting for RMT scamming is a double edged sword it's against TOS to do RMT in the first place

you'd be surprised at how many people can be tricked within a time frame of a month or more
"Social Engineering" happens more than you think it doesn't take a genius to pull it off

I should also emphasize that you don't necessarily need to spend real money nor scam to get a joker box weapon
   I originally stated "some of it"
"indeed you would be surprised at how many cheaters have joker box weapons along with other stuff
  i suspect "some" of it is due to scammed joker weapons and hacked/stolen accounts " Edited by Spaghettio

Changing a mod that is LOCKED on many guns they SOLD for irl $$, is completely unaccpeable without a recourse as to how ppl can change the mod on those locked guns afterwards.

They destroyed a lot of guns that are STUCK with IR3 locked to them.

You can't just destroy X amount of guns in a players inventory and say "oh well, it might be revised down the road, just wait and let it play out."

No, if you change such a core thing of the game, as how a MOD works, then u gotta fkin roll out a plan for how everyone stuck with this mod on locked armas rifles, can at least remove or change that mod once as a choice.

I say it again, since they don't seem to listen.

A bunch of weapons has become so so bad... temptress with 18% fire reduction... ughhhh.... ATAC patroller too, the silenced AR also and getting -range too (issr-b? i dont recall the name)

Your attempt at giving people alternatives to the NTEC, has only made MORE people use the NTEC and ensuring the few alternatives there was are even worse now. 
It's every mission, shotguns and ntecs.

Edited by Tigrix

9 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

ATAC bodyguard

The bodyguard doesn't even have IR on it, how would this have been affected?
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kevkof said:
13 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

ATAC bodyguard

The bodyguard doesn't even have IR on it, how would this have been affected?

I think you kno' what I meant, unless you landed in apb 5min ago, but ok ty for pointing out my false reference: atac "patroller".

11 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

I think you kno' what I meant, unless you landed in apb 5min ago, but ok ty for pointing out my false reference: atac "patroller".
No need to be rude, homie.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
12 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

No need to be rude, homie.
Cause' Kevkof, after how many years in apb? of course he had no clue what gun I was referring to.

No need to support bored forum trolls homie. Maybe he misspelled his entire phrase and meant to write "nah, you mean patroller m8".

That's likely.

Just now, Tigrix said:
Cause' Kevkof, after how many years in apb? of course he had no clue what gun I was referring to.

No need to support bored forum trolls homie. Maybe he misspelled his entire phrase and meant to write "nah, you mean patroller m8".

That's likely.
Yer a big meanie sometimes, Tigrix.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:
2 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

That's likely.
Yer a big meanie sometimes, Tigrix.

not really. I just say things as they are.
He has god knows how many years in APB. He wanted to "find a wrong statement" instead of acknowledging he knew exactly what was meant. 

anyways... on topic, they made any news on status of all locked guns with this new 18% fire reduction?

12 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

He has god knows how many years in APB. He wanted to "find a wrong statement" instead of acknowledging he knew exactly what was meant. 

Almost at 6 years by now, I assumed you meant the patroller, but since I can't read minds I prefer not to post assumptions about what others might want to say.

And on topic, they are allowed to change any part of the game as they see fit, without having to offer anything in exchange for that.
This is quoted from the EULA that we all agreed to when we first launch the game. This is on line 531.
Your installation and use of any updated or modifications to the Game or your continued use of the Game following notice of changes to this Agreement as described above will mean you accept any and all such changes. LITTLE ORBIT MAY CHANGE, MODIFY, SUSPEND, OR DISCONTINUE ANY ASPECT OF THE GAME AT ANY TIME.

Hello everyone,

After moderating a great number of posts in this topic, I will remind you all to stay on topic, and maintain a healthy, reasonable argument. Thank you.

26 minutes ago, Kevkof said:
Almost at 6 years by now, I assumed you meant the patroller, but since I can't read minds I prefer not to post assumptions about what others might want to say.

And on topic, they are allowed to change any part of the game as they see fit, without having to offer anything in exchange for that.
This is quoted from the EULA that we all agreed to when we first launch the game. This is on line 531.

1) Let's be honest, you knew the gun being referenced Kevkof and could've simply quoted that.
2) quoting generic game ToS, present in literally every game ever to continue development beyond release.

That's supposed to rationalize the topic?

Can you explain why you think their way of re-doing IR3 is a good change? or if you don't ?

You managed to respond my post, with nothing but 1) and follow up with nothing but 2), neither being arguably adding anything to the topic of LO's current development style. Edited by Tigrix

2 minutes ago, Tigrix said:

You're 1) stating you obviously knew what gun was in question.
2) quoting generic game ToS text, present in literally every game ever to continue development beyond release.

Can you explain why you think their way of re-doing IR3 is a good change? or if you don't ?

Since, you managed to respond my post, with nothing but 1) and follow up with nothing but 2), neither being arguably adding anything to the topic...
I personally like the changes they made to IR. It changes up how some weapons should be played, without making them useless. I welcome more changes like this so that there is finally some real change to the game. I too own several preset weapons with IR3 and have tried them since the change. They require a bit of relearning the weapon but they are still viable in my opinion

1 hour ago, Kevkof said:
I personally like the changes they made to IR. It changes up how some weapons should be played, without making them useless. I welcome more changes like this so that there is finally some real change to the game. I too own several preset weapons with IR3 and have tried them since the change. They require a bit of relearning the weapon but they are still viable in my opinion
I have to agree here. It definitely took some getting used to, but I think this is a good first step towards a better overall balance for the game.

7 hours ago, Tigrix said:

Changing a mod that is LOCKED on many guns they SOLD for irl $$, is completely unaccpeable without a recourse as to how ppl can change the mod on those locked guns afterwards.

They destroyed a lot of guns that are STUCK with IR3 locked to them.

You can't just destroy X amount of guns in a players inventory and say "oh well, it might be revised down the road, just wait and let it play out."

No, if you change such a core thing of the game, as how a MOD works, then u gotta fkin roll out a plan for how everyone stuck with this mod on locked armas rifles, can at least remove or change that mod once as a choice.

I say it again, since they don't seem to listen.

A bunch of weapons has become so so bad... temptress with 18% fire reduction... ughhhh.... ATAC patroller too, the silenced AR also and getting -range too (issr-b? i dont recall the name)

Your attempt at giving people alternatives to the NTEC, has only made MORE people use the NTEC and ensuring the few alternatives there was are even worse now. 
It's every mission, shotguns and ntecs.

they havent given refunds for fundamentally changing actual guns, so there shouldnt be any refunds for changing mods

just because you dont like how the change works doesnt mean you get a refund

At this point it's hardly worth reading threads like this anymore. Just like it's actually not worth to make threads like this anymore. It's the same discussion over and over again, why not keep it to 1 thread instead of creating threads over and over? It's just the same but in a slightly differently colored coat.

I'm glad they reworked Improved Rifling - there's no real thought put behind choosing the mod prior to the update - it was and upgrade, not a sidegrade. The downside was by far outweighed by the upsides of the mod. Now people actually have to put thought behind the choice of putting Improved Rifling on a gun that prior to the update would greatly benefit the gun, which is a very welcome change to me. Mods were never meant to be an upgrade to a weapon.

As for shotguns - The rework is sloppy. Yes shotguns are more reliable - way more even - but they outperform SMGs for the majority of the players now. Maybe if the damage curve mechanic could be more finetuned it would make the game a lot better for everyone. The curve needs to be more harsh IMO - the first and last hit of a pellet need to be closer to each other in damage values.

I agree the release of the first rebalances were way too soon, and shows Little Orbit shows a lack of experience with this game and the community (the forums are literally going rampant, I get why but still), but unlike G1, at least they try. I'd love to see Little Orbit try to touch Explosives and LTL. It could be interesting.

All I wish for now is for the netcode to be more reliable. A lot of short, fast-paced shootouts just don't make sense. You easily see this in Fight Clubs, especially in CQC.

I really hope this community can stay patient with Little Orbit, from what I've seen sofar they only have the best intentions. Just in some cases their way of acting needs some improvement. I'm sure that will grow as time passes by though.

Edited by Haganu
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2018 at 5:16 AM, wibsey said:
They shouldn't of touched the weapon mechanics until they understood the game... 

That's my take on this whole debate. There are a bunch of more important things than tweaking weapons first... it's like being inside a house burning, and instead of taking your children and run away, you decide to get your smartphone first. lol

What i truly think, is that LO thought balancing weapons first would be good, because of multiple cry babies whining about "nerf this, nerf that, nerf this particular weapon for me because it's not good enough for my personal taste. now nerf that because i demand so". All this certainly lured their attention to something so unimportant at first sight.

4 minutes ago, Poperon said:

That's my take on this whole debate. There are a bunch of more important things than tweaking weapons first... it's like being inside a house burning, and instead of taking your children and run away, you decide to get your smartphone first. lol

friendly reminder that the guy changing weapon value inputs is probably not the person you would want making code for the networking systems, and vice versa 
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Poperon said:

What i truly think, is that LO thought balancing weapons first would be good, because of multiple cry babies whining about "nerf this, nerf that, nerf this particular weapon for me because it's not good enough for my personal taste. now nerf that because i demand so". All this certainly lured their attention to something so unimportant at first sight.
Even though babies may cry, the whole rush of things show a clueless mind. If i was in there shoes i'd revert the weapons back to how it was until the team play n understand the game... Then think about balancing. 

But i guess there's a stubbornness to wanting changes to happen, which I'm all for, If it's the right way... 
  • Thanks 1

Hello, i am new here, by reading everyones story (well some of them, cuz Wall of Texts) i want to share my feelings too.

1. Unbanning someone (alooot of players) who were knowingly cheating, is a bad idea tbh.

2. I dont want SPCT back, open conflict districts should be replaced with the OTW servers instead.

3. Improve Rifleing 3 changes were not needed, it was fine as it used to be.

4. I like the NHVR changes.

5. I dont know, how the yukon is now, but never really bothered with it anyways.

6. In my opinion it is better to change / tweak weapons one by one, bring them to live servers and let people compare, how they perform towards other guns which didnt receive changes yet, then tweak them again either more or less, whatever is needed. It may take some longer, but it might makes weapon balancing easier. 

While doing so, u can keep those changed weapons live for like 2 weeks and work on other thing which needs more attention at some point, for example server performance / network coding, which leads me to the next point.

7. Server Performance / Network Coding: I like the fact, that u guys highered the max fps in the game up to 145 fps, but it seems like hitreg and general stability of any server in EU and NA became worse alot. I usually notice that while checking my fps ingame.

On top of that, I would like to mention, that G1 started hiding the entire stats for showing how the servers perform for real back in the days. By that means, u wont see, if the server ms changes at all (33 ms no matter what happens to the servers). You cant even figure, if the server is having issues or if its on your own end. I believe it came to live, when they implemented the softlayer servers, not really sure. Or actually short after, cuz people were argueing alot, how bad the servers ran compared to the "GOOD OLD OVERKILL SERVERS" and to be fair, the Softlayer servers still run way worse since ever. Please change that again.

8. Battle Eye, much appreciated, seems to run better then Fairfight from the start. I also like the fact, that you guys stopped sharing, who gets banned, I dont really care who gets banned anyways. I gotta admit, I would like to be able to use /report again, guess you guys are working on it.

9. Feedback towards Little Orbit, all of your Members at the Company seems really nice and helpful, which is nice, even tho, mistakes happens every now and then, which is fine, nobody is perfect. I appriciate all your effort you guys did and keep doing. Hoping for you guys to succeed with the game.

Thats it, i believe, thanks for reading

/regards

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, wibsey said:
Even though babies may cry, the whole rush of things show a clueless mind. If i was in there shoes i'd revert the weapons back to how it was until the team play n understand the game... Then think about balancing. 

But i guess there's a stubbornness to wanting changes to happen, which I'm all for, If it's the right way... 

100% agreed. They should have reverted things to ground zero, and start again with things that really need to be tweaked.

14 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
14 hours ago, Poperon said:

friendly reminder that the guy changing weapon value inputs is probably not the person you would want making code for the networking systems, and vice versa 
idk why this is so hard for people to understand still....
9 hours ago, SandyBitch said:

7. Server Performance / Network Coding: I like the fact, that u guys highered the max fps in the game up to 145 fps, but it seems like hitreg and general stability of any server in EU and NA became worse alot. I usually notice that while checking my fps ingame.

On top of that, I would like to mention, that G1 started hiding the entire stats for showing how the servers perform for real back in the days. By that means, u wont see, if the server ms changes at all (33 ms no matter what happens to the servers). You cant even figure, if the server is having issues or if its on your own end. I believe it came to live, when they implemented the softlayer servers, not really sure. Or actually short after, cuz people were argueing alot, how bad the servers ran compared to the "GOOD OLD OVERKILL SERVERS" and to be fair, the Softlayer servers still run way worse since ever. Please change that again.