TheDogCatcher

Dear Little Orbit your inexperience is showing.

What is going on with APB at the moment ?

Weapon balance is all over the place , the fact that shotguns are ridiculously overpowered is probably the most egregious example of this, LO seem to be making arbitrary changes without any real understanding of how weapon balance works in multiplayer games

You can't just go around throwing experimental stuff out there without any proper testing, saying that these changes might be revised is just not good enough, the general population don't know that and they'll just assume that the changes you've made are final.. LO seems to have no experience with developing m,ultiplayer games yet they jump in almost immediately with balance changes, and what's worse is that they don't seem to be listening to the people who play the game . Nobody ever asked for changes to mods, so why are you messing with mods ?

LO your honeymoon period is over, you can talk to the community all you like but you need to listen to them aswell

Also I can't help feeling that unbanning all banned players was really stupid idea, ok so a small p;roportion of those players were probably unjustly banned but the vast majority weren't, APB has historically had one of the most  toxic communities ever and you've just let a huge number nasty sociopaths back into the game, .... so, well done with that

Edited by TheDogCatcher
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Weapon balance is all over the place , the fact that shotguns are ridiculously overpowered is probably the most egregious example of this, LO seem to be making arbitrary changes without any real understanding of how weapon balance works in multiplayer games

They made plenty of changes to weapons outside of the shotgun system rework but nobody is complaining about those.....
3 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Also I can't help feeling that unbanning all banned players was really stupid idea, ok so a small p;roportion of those players were probably unjustly banned but the vast majority weren't

Rather late to be taking issue with this don'tcha think...
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

You can't just go around throwing experimental stuff out there without any proper testing, saying that these changes might be revised is just not good enough, the general population don't know that and they'll just assume that the changes you've made are final.. LO seems to have no experience with developing m,ultiplayer games yet they jump in almost immediately with balance changes, and what's worse is that they don't seem to be listening to the people who play the game . Nobody ever asked for changes to mods, so why are you messing with mods ?

LO your honeymoon period is over, you can talk to the community all you like but you need to listen to them aswell

Also I can't help feeling that unbanning all banned players was really stupid idea, ok so a small p;roportion of those players were probably unjustly banned but the vast majority weren't, APB has historically had one of the most  toxic communities ever and you've just let a huge number nasty sociopaths back into the game, .... so, well done with that

Weapon balance is all over the place, and yeah this is their first time balancing weapons like this, but at least they are continually refining the balance, so you should give them credit for that.
And as far as testing, I don't know if you've spent much time on OTW, but most days / nights is a ghost town and that's more on us than LO.

As for the mod thing, it has long been known that for many weapons Improved Rifling was a direct upgrade, and in some cases one that allowed certain weapons to encroach on the territory of other weapons and or weapon classes. But I suppose whether or not mod changes are a good idea is more opinion than fact, so I think its fine you have yours.

As one of the players who had an account unbanned I wont bother to comment on whether or not I think it was a good idea, but I can tell you I never stopped playing after my ban, and my guess is many of the "nasty sociopaths" you mentioned hadn't either.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2018 at 4:29 AM, Nite said:
They made plenty of changes to weapons outside of the shotgun system rework but nobody is complaining about those.....

People are complaining about the changes to weapons mods aswell, but that's not the p;oint, there is no way the shotgun change should ever have gone live, what on earth were they thinking ?

Rather late to be taking issue with this don'tcha think...

Better late than never ..

I don't play all that often but I was shocked by the number of dethreaters I've seen just recently, Bronze districts on Citadel are just full of golds.

On 8/24/2018 at 4:39 AM, CookiePuss said:

As one of the players who had an account unbanned I wont bother to comment on whether or not I think it was a good idea, but I can tell you I never stopped playing after my ban, and my guess is many of the "nasty sociopaths" you mentioned hadn't either.

I can't comment on your particular case because I have no knowledge of it, but i can say quite categorically that my own personal gameplay experince has deteriorated quite badly since LO took over and I attribute this mostly to their unbanning of previously banned players. Edited by TheDogCatcher
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

I can't comment on your particular case because I have no knowledge of it, but i can say quite categorically that my own personal gameplay experince has deteriorated quite badly since LO took over and I attribute this mostly to their unbanning of previously banned players.
Sorry to hear that, really.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
7 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

I can't comment on your particular case because I have no knowledge of it, but i can say quite categorically that my own personal gameplay experince has deteriorated quite badly since LO took over and I attribute this mostly to their unbanning of previously banned players.
Sorry to hear that, really.

What can I say,....life sucks . :p

4 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

What can I say,....life sucks . 😛
i'm sorry you feel that way 
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Goabea said:
22 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

What can I say,....life sucks . 😛
i'm sorry you feel that way 
did he try turning it off and back on again?

@TheDogCatcher
They are trying to balance a lot of aspects of APB that don't fit what they want, they've had these plans in the works for months before now, but only spent a week or so testing. Most of the changes i'm fine with. Shotguns are a "tad" too strong, but it's not too much of an issue atm imo, though a tad annoying, it's nothing like the ole RFP/Carbine nonsense, atac, nor C2 nonsense.

Also, ever read the TOS? Says game can change at any moment for any reason and that nothing is "final". We the "general" population know this from the 5x+ Carbine reworks, ontop of TONS of other weapon reworks, I think the only weapon not touched by being rebalanced somehow was... hmm... S1-NA? S1-FA? i think that's actually the only ones?... General population also get information from other players, and a LOT actually have friends or see people in /d discuss it from the forums so even if the "majority" doesn't actually read forums, they do end up learning about what's happening "somehow".

Also I and others have requested mod changes a LOOOONG time ago under G1, specifically one was for a bigger difference with IR3 and CJ and for an increased ttk with IR3 rather than the same thing as CJ but "lesser", however I think when they revamped the old forums, that forum page was lost, or it was made within another forum topic and not one of mine (Appearently I only made like 6 topics? lol), though it had been discussed before by players, however, not recently.

I do agree about the unbannings, but its w/e atm now. Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

They're inexperienced because they were thrown into a mess that they're trying to clean up, they're trying the best to try fix up the mess G1 left them, while you're here, at home,  criticizing their asses while they work full on in the office. So many of us have tried helping, you're not one of them.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MoeEveryWeek said:

They're inexperienced because they were thrown into a mess that they're trying to clean up, they're trying the best to try fix up the mess G1 left them,

Not the best argument, but I do agree that they took on rather an ominous task, so why are they trying to fix stuff that isn't all that broken when there are plenty of other more pressing issues to worry about ?

while you're here, at home,  criticizing their asses while they work full on in the office. So many of us have tried helping, you're not one of them.

That's a totally irrelevant point, are you saying that anyone criticsing LO doesn't work ? ( really not sure what you mean by that ).

also you don't seem to understand the concept of constructive criticism.

Edited by TheDogCatcher
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

really.  complete agreement. 

elementary ! to execute tasks Delay Active  the day you need to do 5 missions with different weapons . why are we bothering with a sniper rifle and shotguns ? for me it worked FINE ! Edited by Yood

27 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

lol weapon balance

made it worst than before. 

I think they're wasting time.

we need stable servers first.

the fate of APB Reloaded  it is very similar to the closed NFS World . same problems . the game has a huge number of connections . a huge number of players . it seems to row money with a shovel ! and proet is CLOSED !

developers even accused that they are constantly changing the characteristics of certain machines at a certain time to increase sales and then lowered the performance . it's EA .

it would be nice to play without DOS attacks Edited by Yood

I honestly think it's asinine to say "okay we've screwed up" and then follow it up with "so we're going to delay fixing it because we want to get the fixes as correct as possible". Taking time to perfect things is good, but you can't just leave the game in a broken state (that you've admitted to!) while you work on another change. It would be trivial to revert the shotgun changes while you continue to test and refine on OTW (unless they did something stupid like deleting the old values), but instead LO is leaving us to play in this mess. All because of some "moral principle" of feeling like they have to stick to gradual changes and not knee-jerk reverting things. Sounds like they cannot fully admit to their mistakes, and don't want to take ownership of them. Or they are completely oblivious to just how bad things really are - like how they didn't even realize the servers were rubber-banding until weeks into ownership, when a developer FINALLY logged in for the first time. So, incompetence or obliviousness, or both?

Also, they've only nodded to the Shredder being overpowered, but haven't spoken a word on the Thumper, so we don't even know if they even understand the scope of their mistakes. Glorious.

This whole weapon balance situation is just quibbles. It changes nearly nothing in the grand scheme of things.
What would really help is better DDoS mitigation, which will take quite some time. Better servers aren't really an issue if you have great mitigation, since the servers are pretty decent for the current playerbase. Better servers would only help if they decide to run an ad campaign or something to bring back a few thousand more players, for example. In which case you'd probably see a tutorial revamp directly prior to the upgrade.

Edited by SLICKIEM

For what it's worth I don't think LO did anything particularly wrong, It's always difficult stepping into an unfamiliar envoironment but they do need to listen to the players -  some of whom have spent many hundreds of hours playing this game.

@TheDogCatcherif they are inexperienced .. well i think yes ..this the 1st online game they own now + Fallen Earth .... they are trying to make this game alive , and they are trying .. and we shouldn't just keep salting on everything they do wrong.. try to patient with the inexperienced because beside the weapon balance  they are doing progress
and about the  Shootgun meta they are going to nerf it .... check the OTW changes and the upcoming weapon changes... 

1 minute ago, SLICKIEM said:

Better servers would only help if they decide to run an ad campaign or something to bring back a few thousand more players, for example

They will do this but after the new engine released 

your honeymoon period is over

We had a honeymoon? Was I any good?

I don't play all that often but I was shocked by the number of dethreaters I've seen just recently, Bronze districts on Citadel are just full of golds.

You do realize anyone can get gold in bronze but that does not mean they can keep it.
And that does not make them a dethreater either.
1 hour ago, TheDogCatcher said:

Not the best argument, but I do agree that they took on rather an ominous task, so why are they trying to fix stuff that isn't all that broken when there are plenty of other more pressing issues to worry about ?

But it was broken. And now it is a work in progress on fixing like they said at the beginning of this all.
Just now, TheDogCatcher said:

For what it's worth I don't think LO did anything particularly wrong, It's always difficult stepping into an unfamiliar envoironment but they do need to listen to the players -  some of whom have spent many hundreds of hours playing this game.

I can not agree with this.
I have over 2,000 hours and even I get it wrong.
The Little Orbit team have proven they can be trusted to work on it until its fixed but us player have shown how badly we lack at it.

4 minutes ago, TheDogCatcher said:

while i agree, theres still the issue of which players to listen to

not looking forward to the shitstorm that follows any announcement of specific player involvement in balancing
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:
 You do realize anyone can get gold in bronze but that does not mean they can keep it.
And that does not make them a dethreater either. But it was broken. And now it is a work in progress on fixing like they said at the beginning of this all.
LOL really I've, never seen as many gold badges in bronze as I do now.

Then you've got the blatant ones deliberatkly getting themselves killed, are they not dethreating then ?
We had a honeymoon? Was I any good?
no ,you were a plank.  :p

new player needs at least someone to kill . he does not care about balancing . 

we need to attract newcomers , to encourage them and the development of the game

Edited by Yood

3 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

i think they're doing great
they made only one mistake so far the shotguns, and they have already replied to this and are fixing it in next patch
you're just being rude and hyperbolic for no reason at all

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:
We had a honeymoon? Was I any good? You do realize anyone can get gold in bronze but that does not mean they can keep it.

I have over 2,000 hours and even I get it wrong.

playing on three different continents I can be purple in 
turquoise speckles . + if you understand how the system works you can easily have any color threat

I have over 10,000 hours

1. T player-new to the game the problem of allowing entry into the combat area without going through training . this is a problem

2 .  the selection of a team leader system works adequately - I have 255 LV may be the leader player of LP T is a problem . 

3 . I can't remove a player from a team unless he's playing or sabotaging a mission until he goes to the AFC or I make him kill himself or he kills someone on the team .  this is a problem .

4 .the most normal players this people 30-75 LV (they have no friends !  they are still fun to play they don't understand that the clan will just have to constantly bend and milking )

5 .  the most toxic players this is a person with 15.000 -25.000 murders ( they have acquired connections they think that they know how to play )

it may be confusing, but it's a fact . I don't want to break anything here . I just see it this way .

here is the forum rules . I don't want to pull the thread and give you another warning .I can tell you about your clans , how you play , how you cheat . hates me half the server Jericho . what for ? for that I interfere pure gold players engaged in frags and TROLL in a bronze district ?

I've been playing since the game . played in 3-4 clans .5 years I only played in a silver district, gold and clan opponents .( just by the fact that I didn't know how to do it ) I have over 100,000 kills . I have 500 yellow modifications . I bought all the goods from the social district . I play every day

Little Orbit
1. Stop focusing on clan combat ! Give new players more fun at the beginning of their hard journey !. 
Give new players access to all weapons in stock version .
Make clans groups on interests and on the pack of hyenas . Delete Closed (private) groups . (pure matchmaking) .

2. Remove the chat District in the game . or close it for the common players . Lixil you said the GM would follow the chat . What for? keep track of what is disabled ? 

3. Remove personal kill sound Theme ( as the most toxic part of the game ) Yes, I agree it's part of the game , people create different Jingles and sell them to earn money . but THE real kills THEME is very annoying

4. at the moment it is possible to stimulate the old players by updating the products in the Joker store , you can put old events of type ' The Butcher ' , ' Hot Cross Gun ' , ' Drug Mile ' , ' Prototipe Testing ' . you mean the event Hanging with ....

5. Ignore list NECESSARILY needs to increase . ( the default is 50, with an extension like mine of 100 people )I am ready to pay any money for the opportunity to increase it .

I apologize for future minor edits Edited by Yood
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nite said:
They made plenty of changes to weapons outside of the shotgun system rework but nobody is complaining about those..... Rather late to be taking issue with this don'tcha think...
No, someones opinion is never too late to express.
1 hour ago, Yood said:

by requiring a constant rebalancing you take away working hours . beginners don't give a shit what details this weapon kills ! he needs at LEAST SOMEONE to GET !

( demanding constant rebalancing, you take the working hours from the company. newcomers shit with some details of kills that weapon! he must at least in someone to get caught! )

Please stop, using google translate....