Gurren Lagen (of course)

Voices of a Distant Star

Trigun

Hellsing

Berserk

Tokyo Ghoul

Elfen Lied

Parasyte 

"That is not dead which can eternal lie; and with strange aeons even death may die."

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7188 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

Some of my favorite Animes are:

Black Lagoon

Gurren Lagen (of course)

Voices of a Distant Star

Trigun

Hellsing

Berserk

Tokyo Ghoul

Elfen Lied

Parasyte 

Black lagoon and Elfen Lied are awesome.

Been a while since I last watched it though. :D

PS: I didn't know mods can get better avatard nice change of pace then the boring no avatar things ^_^

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Pinpuce

Pinpuce

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Joined 06-May 14

Black Lagoon

Gurren Lagen (of course)

Voices of a Distant Star

Trigun

Hellsing

Berserk

Tokyo Ghoul

Elfen Lied

Parasyte 

I stopped gurren lagann when kamina died :( he was the only reason it was good in my opinion..

Other than that I'm planning to watch some mainstreams anime since I haven't watch a single one of those famous.

PS: I didn't know mods can get better avatard nice change of pace then the boring no avatar things ^_^

I hadn't notice he/she was a Mod Squad until I read your post tbh. :P

Kireneko

Kireneko

Initiate

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Joined 27-June 16

Wow

Edited by Kireneko, 18 October 2016 - 06:06 PM.

ICDNwvL.jpg

Vazkulator

Vazkulator

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13

http://beta.animefro...u-no-alderamin/

didnt have any shows left of my personal preferences to watch, didnt think i would like this at all but gave it ago.

my fourth favourite show this season next to berserk, kabaneri and terra formars..

got dissapointed with the return of dragon ball, the art is so bad, fights are too short and they shrunk vegetas size into something less than how he looked like in the saiyan saga

my biggest expectations are still with the comeback of Baki the grappler

Edited by Vazkulator, 31 July 2016 - 12:03 PM.

76561197986708510.png

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

I love Mameshiba! go watch all of them on youtube theyre hilarious

"That is not dead which can eternal lie; and with strange aeons even death may die."

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

Other Animes I forgot to mention which I am a fan of:

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro

Sex Warrior Pudding

Cowboy Beebop

Samurai Champloo

Neon Genesis (obvi)

Chobits (actually was the first anime I had ever watched)

Kill la Kill

Ergo Proxy

Ghost in the Shell (Movies and all)  (actually now that I think about it this is probably number 1 on my favorite anime list)

Basilisk

Avatar: The Last Airbender (show)/ The Legend of Korra ( I don't really consider these anime I just put these on because I'm unhealthily obsessed with these shows)

Gunslinger Girl

Mushishi

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

PS: Elfen Lied made me cry like a baby. I tried to harness my inner man but it broke me.

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

Does anyone think that the Live Action Ghost in the Shell movie is going to be good? I know its being totally "whitewashed" but from what ive seen in the teasers it looks pretty good.

Abduct / Devote

Abduct / Devote

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3719 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11

We can only hope, but not gonna get my hopes up. 

I play by the names: Abduct Devote Feign Beneath

vOfzpRF.jpg

the anubis is a rifle and has a 3 shot ttk

lol ^

AlexandraTromp

AlexandraTromp

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7188 posts
  • Joined 28-April 11

Does anyone think that the Live Action Ghost in the Shell movie is going to be good? I know its being totally "whitewashed" but from what ive seen in the teasers it looks pretty good.

I'm prolly more easy going then most fans so I guess it will be awesome. :D

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

I think its going to be amazing tbh. I love Scarlett.

Eisena

Eisena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1394 posts
  • Joined 02-March 14

私は漢字が大好きです。

The Japanese writing system is just so pretty.. I really like it, most of all the use of Kanji.  Does anyone here (you people into anime) actually understand Japanese?

Soseji

Soseji

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Joined 23-August 16

私は漢字が大好きです。

The Japanese writing system is just so pretty.. I really like it, most of all the use of Kanji.  Does anyone here (you people into anime) actually understand Japanese?

Watching hundreds of anime made me speak Japanese a bit, and taking a class for the third year now definitely helped a bit more. :P

Enough to know that you wrote that you like Kanji a lot, which is something I find baffling. :v

76561198048577060.png

Eisena

Eisena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1394 posts
  • Joined 02-March 14

Oh, you're actually studying it? Neat.

But baffled? You don't have to know all about cartoons in order to like a language right? :'p

Soseji

Soseji

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Joined 23-August 16

Oh, you're actually studying it? Neat.

But baffled? You don't have to know all about cartoons in order to like a language right? :'p

I'm just saying Kanji are annoying and most of them make no sense, to the point where some Japanese officials are even suggesting that something new be invented to replace them. D:

76561198048577060.png

Eisena

Eisena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1394 posts
  • Joined 02-March 14

Oh, but they do make sense. I don't know all 36.000 of course, but so far it looks like the way they are made makes lots of sense. You just need to know (all) radicals, and from where they are derived.

For example.

馬 Horse.  +   ⼫ Awning.  =    駅 Trainstation.

( but I'm fairly sure you knew this one already ^^" )

Simplified Chinese or Japanese is a shame.. It's not at all bad, but sometimes it's just turns so damn boring and ugly.. .

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

Might get hate for this. But am I the only one who cant stand Blood+?

Soseji

Soseji

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Joined 23-August 16

Might get hate for this. But am I the only one who cant stand Blood+?

Blood-C was horrible. Blood+ however was good imo :v

Oh, but they do make sense. I don't know all 36.000 of course, but so far it looks like the way they are made makes lots of sense. You just need to know (all) radicals, and from where they are derived.

For example.

馬 Horse.  +   ⼫ Awning.  =    駅 Trainstation.

( but I'm fairly sure you knew this one already ^^" )

Simplified Chinese or Japanese is a shame.. It's not at all bad, but sometimes it's just turns so damn boring and ugly.. .

I don't quite know that one, I still have a JLPT N4 level only. However what I'm talking about is not the combination of Kanji radicals and their meaning, but rather the fact that the shapes have no actual logic in them (Apart from the ones based on pictograms)

Bonus video from a comedy sketch that outlines some of the silliness in Kanji:

76561198048577060.png

Vazkulator

Vazkulator

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13

the current generation of kids running around with pokemon in their phones will be saved

76561197986708510.png

Eisena

Eisena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1394 posts
  • Joined 02-March 14

I don't quite know that one, I still have a JLPT N4 level only. However what I'm talking about is not the combination of Kanji radicals and their meaning, but rather the fact that the shapes have no actual logic in them (Apart from the ones based on pictograms)

Bonus video from a comedy sketch that outlines some of the silliness in Kanji:

-youtube vid-

Well, never let tests limit you. And now you just learned a new one,. hooray! :"D

No logic behind them? I don't know about that. Could you perhaps post a few you think don't make sense?

All very similar. Yes, that vid is correct. Nice find. ^^

虞 <-- One I really like.

Soseji

Soseji

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Joined 23-August 16

Well, never let tests limit you. And now you just learned a new one,. hooray! :"D

No logic behind them? I don't know about that. Could you perhaps post a few you think don't make sense?

All very similar. Yes, that vid is correct. Nice find. ^^

虞 <-- One I really like.

Well these ones do make sense, since it's supposed to represent a tree. But let's take the kanji for "Hito" ( 人 ) which you mentioned for instance, it's supposed to represent a person (hence the meaning of the kanji), but it's just 2 lines, if anything, when written, it looks like a person leaning on another one.

And as I said, the kanjis I'm referring to are the ones that are not pictograms (or the ones whose radicals combined make little to no sense). For instance, "Kawa" ( 川 ) makes sense since it's a river, while "Mizu" ( ) is just a random character to me.

76561198048577060.png

Eisena

Eisena

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1394 posts
  • Joined 02-March 14

The fourth I posted shouldn't make sense to you either.. But yes, I agree with you on the Kanji for person. It doesn't look like a person at all.

I always thought these two looked very much like a (camp)fire and a drop of water.. But I think I get what you mean now. The problem you have with Kanji which represent non-physical things. Right?

Like  夢. which looks to me looks dreamy.  Or  楽, which looks like candy to me. Hmm,. enjoyable.

It makes sense to me, because I want it to make sense. Or maybe I just like nonsense. :'p

JQThai

JQThai

Initiate

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Joined 05-June 15
  1. Code Geass
  2. Code Geass
  3. Code Geass
  4. Code Geass
  5. Code Geass
  6. Code Geass
  7. Code Geass
  8. Code Geass
  9. Code Geass
  10. Code Geass
  11. Code Geass
  12. Code Geass

:Rock:

Hatsumiku

Hatsumiku

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5674 posts
  • Joined 10-February 11

a cure for impure thoughts... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by Hatsumiku, 05 October 2016 - 08:42 PM.

Posted Image
APB Official Contests: "Won by a 1st grader, Judged by a 1st Grader (old team)"
http://www.twitch.tv/moemoekyunh
IGN: Hatsumiku (Joker) HATSUMIKUxEU (Obeya)

Mod Squad 76

Mod Squad 76

Reloaded Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Joined 01-August 16

Been watching Log Horizon and Freezing:Vibration of late. Log Horizon is pretty good, coming from Sword Art Online, Freezing has a decent story, if you can get through the gratuity.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3970 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

Black Lagoon

Me too.

creature_from_the_black_lagoon.jpg

damn2112

damn2112

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Joined 17-April 13

Anime that I watched and finished: Beelzebub, Berserker, Katekyo hitman Reborn, Akame ga kill, Mirai nikki, Triage x, high school of the dead, boku no pico (I should create a list of hentai I watched), highschool dxd, Kiss x Sis, Certain magical index,shimoneta-to-iu-gainen-ga-sonzai-shinai-taikutsu-na-sekai,Koutetsujou no Kabaneri 
---------------------------------------------------------- 

76561198070312971.png

fang

fang

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2017 posts
  • Joined 03-July 12

I'm a fucking degenerate so I've started watching Yuri!!! on Ice. First anime in a few years that I'm really trying to stick with, thankfully it has been good thus far.

I'd really like to start watching more anime again, or reading manga, but I have a hard time with dedicating myself to series of any kind for some reason. I already do nothing half my day anyway, yet I still can't bring myself to watch or read anything new.

Edited by fang, 13 October 2016 - 06:42 AM.

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Macross Delta.

(i know, is a vocaloid/gundam crossover with a bit of creamy mami)

Jackty

Jackty

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Joined 21-January 14

Macross Delta.

(i know, is a vocaloid/gundam crossover with a bit of creamy mami)

Just seen that one, rather enjoyable tho bit sad they didn't go in detail on his father tho, you might wanna try Heavy Object :P

Anyway Ecchi/Comdey of this season Keijo, 2 episodes so far Quote from episode 2: "Vacuum butt cannon" (try to picture yourself what that is)

Fox_Hunter

Fox_Hunter

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Joined 30-June 15
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Star Dust :D a great remastered version of that classic everybody should enjoy at least one time.

Reading this post I feel so old, non of my favorited animes appeared not even once ;-; but Jojo its a recent remake, trust me its a great story :D

Jackty

Jackty

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Joined 21-January 14

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Star Dust :D a great remastered version of that classic everybody should enjoy at least one time.

Reading this post I feel so old, non of my favorited animes appeared not even once ;-; but Jojo its a recent remake, trust me its a great story :D

Then why won't you put them, It might that i've seen a few of your old shows (or not):P

Queen of Love

Queen of Love

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8709 posts
  • Joined 13-October 12

Just seen that one, rather enjoyable tho bit sad they didn't go in detail on his father tho, you might wanna try Heavy Object :P

Anyway Ecchi/Comdey of this season Keijo, 2 episodes so far Quote from episode 2: "Vacuum butt cannon" (try to picture yourself what that is)

just finished to see all episodes of Heavy Object , very nice art concepts, and +1 for the science referements.

Vazkulator

Vazkulator

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts
  • Joined 15-December 13

76561197986708510.png

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad 5

Mod Squad

• Reloaded Mod Squad
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

Can someone recommend a good obscure, violent anime? I've seen Elfen Lied, Parasyte and most of the mainstream ones. I need some like good Horror Anime.

OniShema

OniShema

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4504 posts
  • Joined 23-September 08

Can someone recommend a good obscure, violent anime? I've seen Elfen Lied, Parasyte and most of the mainstream ones. I need some like good Horror Anime.

Rurouni Kenshin

CRIMINAL-MadalenaKurtz      Jericho-NA       Clan:  Joker Rejects

I didn't leave the game, I'm just working.   Best way to explain Reloaded "not doing anything"

76561198007436876.png

Jackty

Jackty

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Joined 21-January 14

That quite tough could you elaborate your "mainstream ones" that way i'm sure i won't recommoned one that you've already seen

So who is hyped for the Upcoming Eureka 7 movies?

konakonakonakonakonakona

konakonakonakonakonakona

Initiate

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Joined 17-March 17

Currently watching:

-Lucky Star

Favourites:

-Serial Experiments Lain

-FLCL

-AKIRA

-Ghost in the Shell (1995)

-Sh1tcom

-Detroit Metal City

-Tenshi no Tamago

-Code Geass

-Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

-Kimi no Na wa.

Yeah, I don't like mainstream series or movies for the most part. Most of the series and movies that I listed on my favorites tend to be more original, and that's what I look for in a work of media. Too much of a certain something ends up boring you.

Edited by LainIwakura, 08 April 2017 - 03:23 AM.

Shadowmasterr69 (Criminal)     eDCvCtX.png   ARealHumanBean (Enforcer)

Jericho Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users