• This topic is locked This topic is locked
267 replies to this topic

Tiggs

Tiggs

Supertroll!

• Administrators
  • -4945 posts
  • Joined 21-July 11

The server will be going down for maintenance in 5 minutes. Estimated downtime 1 hour. 

We were alerted to a bug/exploit with redeem codes and have placed Armas into maintenance as well as we need to restart the servers.  

Some of our players decided to abuse this rather then report it to support.  What do you think our banning threshold should be? 

10 redemption's of the same code = perma ban?
15 redemption's of the same code = perma ban?
20 redemption's of any code = perma ban?

Let's see where you the players feel the threshold should be for an exploit that has provided players with not only unlimited G1C but with premium and other items. 

All users that exploited this have been banned to stop the abuse. Once this is fixed we'll check back to see your replies on what you feel should be the punishment and take it into consideration.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!

<Flavor>Jenni

<Flavor>Jenni

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7239 posts
  • Joined 04-August 12

Banning is going a bit too far. Edit their accounts, and be done with it.

So, a glitch caused on you guys' end is something people can be banned for? Holy crap. I'm done spending any money.

Edited by <Flavor>Jenni, 28 January 2015 - 07:24 PM.

Jericho (PC NA) (rest in sauteed goodness, Le' Onion):
CaramelJenni, ChocolateJenni, CinnamonJenni, MochaJenni, LatteJenni, AmarettoJenni

VanillaJenni, LemonJenni, CherryJenni, OreoJenni, StrawberryJenni, BananaJenni, HeathJenni

Ruastin

Ruastin

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Joined 03-December 13

Judgement Day v2?

Depending on the severity, temp bans... Though G1c is real money, the bug falls on the owners hands

Opened my loyalty reward for buying a 5 pack, handed a ban  :chairwack:

Edited by Ruastin, 28 January 2015 - 07:27 PM.

wasp_logo_v2.5.png
w a r f a r e a c t i v i t i e s | s p e c i a l i s t p r o t e c t i o n i n c
c008d45eb5.jpg442029172e.jpg

Shozonu

Shozonu

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • Joined 16-July 11

I'd say remove the exploited goods, if possible.

Colby: Shozonu |<->| Lunartic
I'm...banned?

Iucy

Iucy

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts
  • Joined 22-May 11

What a joke.

Posted Image

Abduct / Devote

Abduct / Devote

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3719 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11

You shouldn't be banning anyone. Just roll back rewards or something. 

I play by the names: Abduct Devote Feign Beneath

vOfzpRF.jpg

the anubis is a rifle and has a 3 shot ttk

lol ^

Kiida

Kiida

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts
  • Joined 23-April 13

Anyone that redeemed the codes multiple times I would normally say should be banned. However, on such a mass scale I'd suggest giving a temp ban (7, 14, 30 days, or whatever) and removing anything that was exploited. Either way, anyone that abused it deserves their punishment.

To those that are quick to judge G1 on this issue, remember that some people instantly try to exploit things in the hopes that they won't be punished. If they don't get punished they'll only continue to exploit in the future. We all saw what happened with the Halloween event.

Edited by Kiida, 28 January 2015 - 07:31 PM.

ayy lmao

ayy lmao

Novice

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Joined 22-January 15

Make it 2 and let the game die. lol

special34

special34

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2869 posts
  • Joined 22-April 14

oh thats why the severs down

make them naked and disable them putting clothes on! :P

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined 01-April 11

No ban.

Posted Image

Riisa

Riisa

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Joined 10-November 13

lolwut. Banning for something that wasn't our fault.

A Blog Post Would Be Nice. G1 10/10 Communication Since 2013

G1 Logic : ACT44 Handgun. A forgiving sidearm that won't judge you for missing. It's a way to tell enemies "I want you to die more than I want to learn how to aim."

ScottDaniels

ScottDaniels

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1277 posts
  • Joined 22-December 11

How about since I redeemed it once and got banned, you make it more than 1.

Posted Image

momebolaiscured

momebolaiscured

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Joined 18-January 15

remove the exploited goods and give a 30 day ban.

in the end you probably would make more money because you'd probably be banning people who spend g1c

at this point you broke your cash currency system and banned everyone you dont want to make less money than you probably already will

Edited by momebolaiscured, 28 January 2015 - 07:30 PM.

put / slammer

put / slammer

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Joined 16-October 14

permorino banorino? seemsorino a little to farorino for something you guys screwed uporino.

TgvI5gR.png

damn

PogoTheClown

PogoTheClown

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6976 posts
  • Joined 26-November 10

Tiggs you're cool and all but you're completely disconnected with the community. lmao

Edited by PogoTheClown, 28 January 2015 - 07:26 PM.

★Narnia★

★Narnia★

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • Joined 21-May 13

mrepicgoat again ?

GLLm8EQ.jpg

RespectThis

RespectThis

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Joined 05-December 11

Ban people? are you serious? No one should be banned. Maybe a 1 day banned but perm ban....No. Or you could flag their account so if they exploit again then they can be perm banned.

Army In White

Such a genius reply... Let us ALL play forcer so we can just kill pedestrians, and play with ourselves.

Ironline

Ironline

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Joined 12-September 13

Roll back accounts that have exploited it. Remove any Premium gained from redeem codes tonight. 

Talla

Talla

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1974 posts
  • Joined 29-August 13
Hmm who's responsible for this?
People for abusing the system? Or the system for broking up?

SinfulStrawberry

SinfulStrawberry

Initiate

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 12-September 14

But how will you tell the difference between someone who did it multiple times because they didn't realize it was redeemed and the people who abused it? Just remove the glitched goods.

SinfulStrawberry Criminal R 255

Jericho | Banners n Bodybags | Ex War Games

YfJg2mM.png

Noob_Guardian

Noob_Guardian

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8474 posts
  • Joined 17-January 12

The server will be going down for maintenance in 5 minutes. Estimated downtime 1 hour. 

We were alerted to a bug/exploit with redeem codes and have placed Armas into maintenance as well as we need to restart the servers.  

Some of our players decided to abuse this rather then report it to support.  What do you think our banning threshold should be? 

Let's see where you the players feel the threshold should be for an exploit that has provided players with not only unlimited G1C but with premium and other items. 

If its a choice of the 3, i'd say 15 /20. But I'd rather just the accounts be edited if possible, rather than a ban.

[Uminee Quote]The existance of the threat system actually broadens the skill gap between players by affecting the assumptions and therefore the confidence of the players, creating the illusion that segregation is necessary at all.
Support Removing Threat Segregation! <- Click!

Add Hue and Contrast Change in Video Options

a Pair of Socks

a Pair of Socks

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Joined 26-July 13

Im scared....

Put your helmet on and go back to bed.

Anput

Anput

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1336 posts
  • Joined 12-August 13

It should simply be a rollback.
I heard that it was literally impossible to reach support during the time of this glitch; so I guessed we wouldn't be able to do so either.

I tried to go through the website really stupidly with the F12 commands console to check around what could there be; but I'm no coding master either. In my opinion, yeah; exploiting is wrong but in this case there was no actual information and no way to know anything at all. Instead of instantly reacting to perma-ban everyone, I believe it should simply bring a demerit or some sort of consequence that doesn't come as a perma-ban. As in, I believe that's kind of a too serious movement. But, that's just my opinion.

Do a rollback or temporary bans based of off 24 hours for each code redeemed, or something like that I would say.

Also, I did do exploit this aswell and like I previously said, did not try to contact support from what I had been seeing on the forums and I just got back basically. I'm more on the side of the server breaking up and the "Administrators" screwing up, as it shouldn't have been instantly released >live< but should have been previously tested off-site or beforehand it was implemented.

I believe not only a small part of the community did it, but most of it most likely did.

Edited by Rhaonoa, 28 January 2015 - 07:34 PM.

icon_sniperrifle_ncr762_gold.pngicon_sniperrifle_hvr762.pngicon_pistol_nano_sd_gold.png
Anput - Jericho | Rhaonoa - Citadel
Rp0kPmx.png

ynoT

ynoT

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3100 posts
  • Joined 26-December 13

Banning is going a bit too far. Edit their accounts, and be done with it.

So, a glitch caused on you guys' end is something people can be banned for? Holy crap. I'm done spending any money.

No you not. ANother backpack/cat ears/3d glasses sale - and you gonna be among the first to get them.

F0E

F0E

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Joined 14-July 13

It's not the players fault; delete the items and move on.

Darkzero3802

Darkzero3802

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1378 posts
  • Joined 14-July 14

Just roll everything back to the way it was 48hrs ago and be done with it. Something that was caused by you guys shouldnt be put on our shoulders.

76561198036519162.png

2015-110.jpg

Ashh

Ashh

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Joined 05-May 12

Banning players for your own mistakes.. Whats new

Sadira

Sadira

Descended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3245 posts
  • Joined 03-May 11

Perma ban is too harsh.

A temp ban? Maybe.

But it'd honestly just be easier to just rollback the redemption spam and not deal with even more bigger issues.

I'd say don't ban at all, because while people did do their parts in abusing this, it's fixable; and the big people at fault are the people that code, and players shouldn't really get banned at all for something that wasn't their fault.

Because if you did throw out perma bans for something like that, you know there's going to be a heck lot more work and support will be even more clogged than it is. Doing perma bans over this would greatly hurt the community even more and just overall give a way worse rep than this game already has. Think about it, with how pissed this community is already with the lack of content and communication, and for this to happen? You need to think upon this really hard. This may not seem like a big deal to G1 and staff, but it is. And you really need to think over the decisions on whatever you'll do about people that exploited armas, or even people that didn't even do anything with armas anyway and got hit with the banhammer.

Edited by Sadira, 28 January 2015 - 07:43 PM.

NMS5SG2.jpg

RTW Veteran/CBT Veteran || Wife of Neonis || Got art to show off? Come to this thread! 
hi im sadira. Character commissions open! Send a PM.

Serro

Serro

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2086 posts
  • Joined 18-July 13

you have got to be kidding me? yeah not spending anymore

`` We're is my mod status ``
JtATN3i.png

Aggression

Aggression

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2650 posts
  • Joined 23-December 11

No perm bans; only removal of duplicate code entries.

cyclebreaker

Enforcer - The Agrotech Company of Tanberia

Criminal - Nekrova International                                                                                      don't make the mistake of taking me more seriously than I take myself.

CANNAN

CANNAN

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Joined 16-June 11

oh thats why the severs down

make them naked and disable them putting clothes on! :P

that sounds more like a reward then a punishment Lmao,

Death is my destiny.

AtrixterX

AtrixterX

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts
  • Joined 25-April 13

Some of our players decided to abuse this rather then report it to support. What do you think our banning threshold should be?

All users that exploited this have been banned to stop the abuse. Once this is fixed we'll check back to see your replies on what you feel should be the punishment and take it into consideration.

I didn't even know about this problem. All I redeemed was a GM mystery box I thought I got from the 7 days event. How is this justifyable.?

Atrixter  (Enforcer)   JOKER     Ataxter (Criminal)  JOKER

MY FAVORITE LOAD OUTS-----------------------------------------------1.icon_rifle_obeyabattlerifle_base_gold.pnicon_pistol_fbw_sd_gold.png------ 2.   Untitled.jpgicon_pistol_fbw_sd_gold.png------ 3.icon_lightmachinegun_alig762.pngicon_pistol_nano_sd_gold.png----------

freak1ng

freak1ng

Initiate

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 24-December 14

Imo ban them for a week  take their items out :P

thingamajig

thingamajig

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Joined 06-April 14

Edit accounts, do not ban.

The last time some stupid glitch happened (the guns in social) you decided to ban plenty of innocent people who were just messing around with a stupid mistake you guys made. This time you guys need to handle it better.

You made two blunders here, the glitch itself, and then SOMEHOW everyone who logged off got banned, even if they did not redeem the code. I don't think anyone should be banned, and people who were affected negatively (aka, got banned but did no exploiting) should be given compensation. 

This is outrageously dumb, and banning people would be a poor way to take care of it.

cokcokcokc

Kindred

Kindred

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1484 posts
  • Joined 02-November 14

The forums is not the place to discuss or appeal in-game bans, if you have any issues with bans or other account related stuff then you need to contact support,

Mod Squad X: From what you posted that means your account was banned. Who was playing on the account is not relevant. Account security being the responsibility of the user is stated here; http://forums.gamers...t-and-policies/

Hi Tiggs, something smell (dog)fishy yet?

RespectThis

RespectThis

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • Joined 05-December 11

Also lets ban the small community we already have. Then i can log into a ghost town :).

I honestly don't think banning is the way to go. Just roll them back a day or something.

Edit: plus not like it was the communities f up anyway. Just saying.

Edited by RespectThis / Selden, 28 January 2015 - 07:29 PM.

Army In White

Such a genius reply... Let us ALL play forcer so we can just kill pedestrians, and play with ourselves.

dr0zone

dr0zone

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Joined 20-April 12

i agree that a roll back is the only real option.  either folks lose 24 hours of customization/standing -OR- you get millions of bogus G1C, premium days, JMBs rewards in the game's ecosystem

"banning" for "exploiting" redeem codes that the player has earned is not the right way to go about doing this, since the issue is 100% g1's fault in the way their system handled the request to redeem the code.  proving intent of the player to exploit or just simply redeem their code would be nigh impossible.

Edited by dr0zone, 28 January 2015 - 07:45 PM.

ZeusYork

ZeusYork

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Joined 22-June 12

d097df6309.png
ZeusYork | BIind | dopi | asofina | Shri | closet | feels
Boring stream here | Channel here | I am very good at hitting shots

DominaLupus

DominaLupus

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1694 posts
  • Joined 11-October 11

No bans, roll back to last point before RP screwed up armas code and refund all legit purchases

Please bring back the ability to color text posts, White hurts my eyes. Bob's your uncle.

If you want more of my money, Give us the Communication overload you promised us.

As well as finally break all car kits from clothing packs.

Pranking

Pranking

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3338 posts
  • Joined 12-June 13

More than 2 redeems is flatout obvious. Everyone has been warned about exploits.

Community service.
http://www.volunteermatch.org/

Edited by Pranking, 28 January 2015 - 07:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users