Sign in to follow this  
N0rbat

Who else cant wait for BattleEye?

16 hours ago, Tigrix said:

Since APB already exist on Steam, i'd love to see the game exclusively played through steam.
(yes its nice freedom that you atm don't need to use steam, but consider this.....)

It'd also be nice that If you get caught by BE or FF again in the future, then the steam account should get a VAC record. (idk if it's possible for data co-operation between valve and BE/FF)

I realize cheaters would *create a fresh steam account, without other games, to it use for cheating*, but again - those types of players will exist regardless and with a level 0-5 empty steam account and untouchable god-like skills, they're not so hard to spot 🙂

I have more distaste for the veteran type of player, who uses closet-cheats and pretends a certain level of skill and even has pride in it, when it's a friggin' program doing the work.
Those types of veterans would be risking a lot more by the steam model.

It's possible. It wouldn't be a VAC Ban, but rather a Game Ban. A lot of games do that. H1Z1, PUBG, etc.

It's probably better than FairFight so I'll take it. There is no perfect anti-cheat and yes people will keep complaining because someone who is better than you = hacks.

*math*

(not counting timezone n stuff just the day)

Matt Scott joined and posted the open letter on 10th May

Stream was on 25th May

On the stream,battle eye integration was 3/4 done

It took 15 days to integrate 3/4 of BattleEye

Assuming they work at the same rate, BattleEye will be implemented on 30th May

then again this is just a rough estimation lol

13 minutes ago, killer619 said:

It's probably better than FairFight so I'll take it. There is no perfect anti-cheat and yes people will keep complaining because someone who is better than you = hacks.

I've never understood this mentality. I know there are a lot of people who are better than I am, so if they kill me, what's more likely, that they cheated? Or that I simply got outplayed cause I can't aim for garbage?

I'll take the second in almost all cases.

As Far As i Know, BattlEye searches for cheating Software and fairfight checks gameplay for suspicious activities like shooting enemies through walls* 

Let's see how it plays out, we do need a cheat detection software..

Most major MMO's have a strike count ticketing system and even cheating is a series of suspensions before a perm ban.

In online shooting games there is no strike count and it's just an autoban for cheating.

APB is a mix of a mmo and a shooting game, so I can see why it's not as clear or easy to make a solid Standard Operating Procedure. The way I see it, is that if you run a game that has Inventory, equippable weapons, an Auction House and "battlegrounds" (segregated small scale pvp zones), the game falls under an MMO. Because of that, I hope LO implements some form of actual SOP with a proper ticketing system so that players can receive proper treatment this time around vs the old rules where there was well, no rules at all.

A game cant expect the players to follow their rules if they don't even have or follow their own rules to begin with. The community turned so toxic because it was like the wild west around here for years, there was 0 actual functioning rules or laws in place.

Any eta on when? I know it's been like 2 1/2 weeks since they bought the game but I'm getting ansty waiting

Just now, Archon said:

Any eta on when? I know it's been like 2 1/2 weeks since they bought the game but I'm getting ansty waiting

Me too though. I'm super excited to start playing again. I keep checking back acting like it's coming in a minute or something.

Just now, Archon said:

no concrete date but theyve said theyre about 3/4 of the way through integration and are pretty close to QA testing, so it likely wont be that  long

3 hours ago, -Rachel- said:

I refuse to believe the majority of FF bans were corrupt just because some of them were corrupt.

I'm actually happy that they're adding BE and unbanning everyone for a second chance at the same time.

But when I was talking about bans and feeling vindicated, I was thinking about any potential future bans, which will likely be legit.

So tell me, if someone actually cheated and ruined the game for other people, why the hell should I not feel great that they lose their account?

Just because you "refuse" to believe something doesn't mean it happened. If you "refuse" to believe we landed on the moon does it mean it didn't happen? I gave you the quote from Matt Scott. He said "a lot." He didn't say "some," a "couple," or a "few." 

I don't consider myself getting a second chance because I never should have been banned in the first place. 

No anti cheat is 100% so even if you think they really are cheating even when they are, it shouldn't be broadcast in case there are mistakes. 

Because you don't know 100% and you don't know the details behind their ban. Maybe you thought they were cheated and they do get banned and it's TOS issue. 

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

in this specific situation its because it very well might not have been a cheater

in a broader context because it really just validates the cheater, especially when you have sites like ffbans which just end up adding another level of "infamy" 

Maybe. Overall it's best not to broadcast the bans for the reason you stated and the reasons I've stated. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LaQuandra said:

I'm not disappointed nor is it a very "bad" idea. In fact, it is a great idea.

It's "good" because people shouldn't feel vindicated when someone is banned. 

iLaiooJ.png

Gamersfirst ruined a lot of people's reputations, banned their accounts, and publicly allowed them to be shamed all off flimsy evidence or personal reasons. I am glad Matt Scott cleared the air and used the phrase "a lot of instances" and was specific on how they were false bans. So many of those broadcasted FairFight bans people celebrated in district chat and on FFBans turned out to be false. Why allow that to happen all over again?

You're the one that thinks Ashley didn't cheat and you also think thomas don't cheat (when everyone knows he's a blatant cheater, and he also admited he cheats). So i see why you don't want bans broadcasts.

You probably still play with cheaters, and again: not broadcasting bans was a very bad idea, it doesn't matter what you think.

Edited by Uhtdred

14 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

You're the one that thinks Ashley didn't cheat and you also think thomas don't cheat (when everyone knows he's a blatant cheater, and he also admited he cheats). So i see why you don't want bans broadcasts.

You probably still play with cheaters, and again: not broadcasting bans was a very bad idea, it doesn't matter what you think.

broadcasting bans was a very bad idea, it doesn’t matter what you think

see how that works?

Not much, it needs to show it works properly first.

We are going to see a lot, "Oh noez, false banned, pls unban even if PB and FF also falsely banned me" topics.

Cheaters won't change, no matter how good the anticheat is. but what battle eyes needs to do is to make sure these people cannot instantly reroll again. Otherwise banning cheaters slower as they can reroll will not improve anything at all. and thats why I am not so excited, because I have my doubts about this.

1 hour ago, Uhtdred said:

Matt Scott's quote about false flagging and the community manager banning for personal reasons pretty much fit my narrative for the past 4 years don't you think, interesting.... 

Thank you again Matt Scott.

37 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

Not much, it needs to show it works properly first.

We are going to see a lot, "Oh noez, false banned, pls unban even if PB and FF also falsely banned me" topics.

Cheaters won't change, no matter how good the anticheat is. but what battle eyes needs to do is to make sure these people cannot instantly reroll again. Otherwise banning cheaters slower as they can reroll will not improve anything at all. and thats why I am not so excited, because I have my doubts about this.

And this is the mentality that Gamersfirst promoted by broadcasting their bans. Banned FF players were seen as cheaters and Tiggs confirmed FF did not falsely ban anyone and they were in fact caught for cheating. Matt Scott has confirmed in "a lot" of cases this was not factual. 

Insecure hackusators won't change either regardless of how perfect the anti cheat is. We are still going to see a lot of "you're cheating, they're cheating, why aren't they banned" posts and district chats as well. Many skilled players will continue to be targeted and harassed by players who just don't know. Nothing is going to make anyone feel better about their skill level or lack thereof. We are too quick to accuse people of cheating and then foam at the mouth to be validated for our opinion. The old team validated a lot of hackusators and they were proven to be corrupt and hand out false bans. Are you ready to apologize and change your way of thinking or are you still convinced you were right about all of them?

12 hours ago, EightPower said:

As Far As i Know, BattlEye searches for cheating Software and fairfight checks gameplay for suspicious activities like shooting enemies through walls* 

Let's see how it plays out, we do need a cheat detection software..

I assume you've played APB. Ever have a texture not load and a person is behind a wall and you shoot at them? Ever see the red name bleed through a wall and you aim that direction or their position is betrayed? FairFight can be a good thing but there are so many glitches in the game still FairFight cannot be trusted 100% and never should have been set up to auto flag and queue players for bans. Only people who never played the game would set it up like this. How many admin tags did we see in district after FairFight came out?

I am not disagreeing with what you're saying by the way, just pointing out how FairFight could flag for "suspicious" activity when the game's flaws can make you appear to be suspicious.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LaQuandra said:

I assume you've played APB. Ever have a texture not load and a person is behind a wall and you shoot at them? Ever see the red name bleed through a wall and you aim that direction or their position is betrayed? FairFight can be a good thing but there are so many glitches in the game still FairFight cannot be trusted 100% and never should have been set up to auto flag and queue players for bans. Only people who never played the game would set it up like this. How many admin tags did we see in district after FairFight came out?

I am not disagreeing with what you're saying by the way, just pointing out how FairFight could flag for "suspicious" activity when the game's flaws can make you appear to be suspicious.

But we had cough undercover cough cough GMs playing. I think that Tiggs with her 8 trainees on acc was proof enough of how intensive they played.

• Thanks 1

We need battle eye now.

so many blatant hacker like a speed hack in jericho.

because LO said unban.

I'm really sad.

Just mentioning that Battle Eye is not some magical skill amplifier.

17 minutes ago, dett2 said:

We need battle eye now.

so many blatant hacker like a speed hack in jericho.

because LO said unban.

I'm really sad.

they still havent unbanned anyone ffs read some notes before you cry...

unbans will hit after anticheat update.. before noone will get unbanned

5 minutes ago, N0rbat said:

they still havent unbanned anyone ffs read some notes before you cry...

unbans will hit after anticheat update.. before noone will get unbanned

I know that.

These cheaters will be unbanned when comes BE.

so they are cheating now.

How to spot a cheater in APB:

Were they gold?  If so then yes.

Do they use percs?  If so then yes.

Do they have any legendary/gold reskin guns?  If so then yes.

Were they using a car that you are jealous of them having?  If so then yes.

Is there taste in fashion bad?  If so then yes.

Did they shoot you before you shot them?  If so then yes.

Were they in fight club?  If so then yes.

Do they have an anime symbol?  If so then yes.

This is scientifically proven true 100% of the time by no one.  You are welcome.

I'll check out the game again when they implement the alternative anti-cheat. The main reason I stopped playing was because a lot of the matches were very clearly against aimbotters and hacker re-rolls - and this isn't whining. Simply stating facts at this point. I've played enough matches to know just how much information is available to players at a time and when something is fishy.

I havn't personally had issues with cheaters in this game. There has been roughly 2 instances where after 300 hours of playing where i suspected someone a little bit. We still won using teamwork. So they probably werent. But maybe we're all in different servers?

41 minutes ago, Songbearer said:

I'll check out the game again when they implement the alternative anti-cheat. The main reason I stopped playing was because a lot of the matches were very clearly against aimbotters and hacker re-rolls - and this isn't whining. Simply stating facts at this point. I've played enough matches to know just how much information is available to players at a time and when something is fishy.

The whole "I've played enough games in my day to be able to spot a cheater" thing is such a meme. If you think that many people are actively cheating then you do not know how to spot cheaters. 

3 minutes ago, EnragedLlamaTV said:

I havn't personally had issues with cheaters in this game. There has been roughly 2 instances where after 300 hours of playing where i suspected someone a little bit. We still won using teamwork. So they probably werent. But maybe we're all in different servers?

The perception of cheaters has always been higher than the actual cheater population in the game, even all the way back in RTW days. Glad to hear your 300 hours have been fairly enjoyable.

3 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

The whole "I've played enough games in my day to be able to spot a cheater" thing is such a meme. If you think that many people are actively cheating then you do not know how to spot cheaters. 

The perception of cheaters has always been higher than the actual cheater population in the game, even all the way back in RTW days. Glad to hear your 300 hours have been fairly enjoyable.

"Enjoyable" is a little double edged. The amount of Lagging/Desync currently in Jericho is pretty rough. But yeah, its been fairly cheat free from what I can tell and ive won a vast majority of my missions.

Sign in to follow this