CookiePuss

What happaned to the thread about a GM silencing and then threatening to ban a player for warning someone about a scammer?

Like not even locked, just straight up deleted.

Here are the current forum rules:
No Hate Speech Discriminatory language or comments towards certain groups (sexist, racist, or homophobic in nature)
No Flaming – Refrain from language/comments that are antagonistic, derogatory, abusive, aggressive, confrontational, slanderous, or provocative.
No Harassment Continued intimidation, pressurized, pestering or forceful remarks towards a member in public or in private, sexual or otherwise
No Explicit Material Posting or linking to any explicit, movieographic or offensive media; such as sex, nudity or gore (this includes signatures & avatars)
No Spam Nonsensical, one word or non-contributory posts, and double posting. Do not bump a topic unless needed. Off-Topic discussions should be in the appropriate board and may be moved as needed by a moderator.
No Warez Discussing illegally obtained or pirated materials; such as games, software or other media.
No Advertising Promoting your website, Twitch/Youtube channel or other services such as referral links by posting topics or DMing members (signature promotion is allowed)
No Multiple Accounts A new account should only be made if there is a legit reason; members using another account to break rules or evade bans will be taken care of appropriately
No Naming/Shaming If you believe someone is cheating please reach out to our support or to our GMs
No talking about bans This is private information to the player itself, you should not be giving this information to other players. Please reach out to our support if this happens

note: no names were given, and no ban was issued

So Im just wondering why this thread was erased?

3 minutes ago, Luminesca said:

Name and shame, gotta protect the scum rights.

No names were given.

Hello everyone,

Regarding previously removed thread, it had been removed because it contained the information of the member of our GM team that allegedly did what was previously explained. Since you claim no names were mentioned, I would assume you do not have complete information. This matter should be resolved with our Community Manager directly, and the user with this issue has been directed that way, so we resolve it with no unnecessary complications.

As said plenty of times before, you are more than welcome to discuss such issues in general, but any specific address should be taken to our support (or in this particular case, Community Manager), rather than being handled publicly. Thank you for your understanding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ritual said:

Hello everyone,

Regarding previously removed thread, it had been removed because it contained the information of the member of our GM team that allegedly did what was previously explained. Since you claim no names were mentioned, I would assume you do not have complete information. This matter should be resolved with our Community Manager directly, and the user with this issue has been directed that way, so we resolve it with no unnecessary complications.

As said plenty of times before, you are more than welcome to discuss such issues in general, but any specific address should be taken to our support (or in this particular case, Community Manager), rather than being handled publicly. Thank you for your understanding.

Im having a hard time understanding that first sentence.

Though it IS interesting to note that the "no name and shame" policy now applies to LO staff as well.
Very interesting indeed considering there was an entire thread in the past in which both MattScott and Lixil participated that actually showed video of a GM abusing their powers.

Might be time to update those rules, or just work on consistency.

For what its worth, assuming you have "complete information",contacting Lixil is exactly what I suggested OP do.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Might be time to update those rules

gl with that, rules still havent been updated to add the last thing i got warned for

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Might be time to update those rules

gl with that, rules still havent been updated to add the last thing i got warned for
RIP me then.
And Im soooooo close!!!

What I mean to say is the thread was removed, because there were names mentioned in the last post, and we simply wished to prevent further flaming in that thread. I am sorry if I was not clear enough.

As for the "naming and shaming" policy; when it comes to users, it serves to prevent false accusations until claims are proven by further investigation. For our team members, it is no different. Videos of power abuse presented previously, were videos showing already proven abuse. In this case, until further investigation is done, we cannot claim something did or did not happen.

Thank you for your concern, however. The OP is indeed directed to talk to Lixil directly. If anything does come out of it, I am quite certain the community will be aware of the details concerning it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ritual said:

What I mean to say is, the thread was removed, because there were names mentioned in the last post, and we simply wished to prevent further flaming in that thread. I am sorry if I was not clear enough.

As for the "naming and shaming" policy; when it comes to users, it serves to prevent false accusations until claims are proven by further investigation. For our team members, it is no different. Videos of power abuse presented previously, were videos showing already proven abuse. In this case, until further investigation is done, we cannot claim something did or did not happen.

Thank you for your concern, however. The OP is indeed directed to talk to Lixil directly. If anything does come out of it, I am quite certain the community will be aware of the details concerning it.

Fair enough... but if you remember, the whole point of the aforementioned video was that LO did nothing about it, denied it was a GM, blamed it on speedhacking, and then eventually figured out they were looking at the wrong server info.

I realize you have no power over what is or isn't allowed, but it does worry some of us that calling out abuse isn't allowed as it has been shown that sometimes even LO can goof the handling of such things.

Edit: thanks for the response btw

Edited by CookiePuss

10 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

but it does worry some of us that calling out abuse isn't allowed

Isn't Ritual making the point that abuse should be called out, but to the supervising staff directly instead of some random public forum thread? Or am I missing something else here?
  • Like 7

Absolutely. But if you recall, Lixil herself already removed few members of her team that were truly found to be even remotely abusing their powers as soon as such was proven without a doubt, as well as apologized for the mistake.

Furthermore, we are aware of the issues some users present for the community, but in order to prevent previous misjudgements we prefer to be certain before taking any action. Pressure of the community (over perhaps wrongly interpreted or wrongly represented information) on both team and that user is not helping the cause.

2 minutes ago, Nite said:
14 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Isn't Ritual making the point that abuse should be called out, but to the supervising staff directly instead of some random public forum thread? Or am I missing something else here?
They are, and my counter was that the last time both the CEO and CM got it wrong, and if not for the thread being posted and allowed to exist, that player would still be a GM. Edited by CookiePuss

1 minute ago, Nite said:
13 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Thank you Nite, that is very much the point of the whole thing. We absolutely encourage reports of such behavior, but in a proper way.
  • Like 3

I am the OP of the removed post. I have been contacted by a Mod telling me to contact Lixil about it with proof. I see it unnecessary to remove my complete thread for a reply to someone stating a name. You could have just removed the reply and leave the thread. As I said before I did the /savechatlog command and still can not find the chat log in anywhere. Would not be surprised if that got broken since last update too. Now for the funny part, the GM her/himself told me to "take it to the forums or support" if I still have an issue with that punishment. Now who am I supposed to listen to now? If I do what a GM suggested me to do and then get my thread removed by another mod? How poorly revised does your rules have to be to be so damn contradictory?! Everything I've seen until now is just rules interferring with eachother. I'm not even gonna bother mention the scam ticket support abandonment before even pushing a trading system live. Please LO,THINK before taking actions. This is boring. I am not going to spend my time or money on a very poorly managed game that is definitely from ,what I see, is going in a very dark direction. 

Oh and by the way, you can get on citadel and check the scammer for yourself, maybe get scammed so u get to try the ultimate APB experience...

They do still take scam tickets, but are just not getting your items returned as stated here: 

16 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

They do still take scam tickets, but are just not getting your items returned as stated here: 

What is the point of taking the tickets if the only thing they're doing is banning the scammer? So I'm not allowed to warn people and help them keep their guns cause even in case of support tickets they won't take it back? Think about it. 

11 minutes ago, Tech-San said:
30 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

What is the point of taking the tickets if the only thing they're doing is banning the scammer? So I'm not allowed to warn people and help them keep their guns cause even in case of support tickets they won't take it back? Think about it. 
Just don't trade. What's so hard about that?

Atleast untill they implement the confirmed trade system.  Edited by Fasalina
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fasalina said:
Just don't trade. What's so hard about that?

Atleast untill they implement the confirmed trade system. 
I don't trade without ba middle man or if someone is not going first. I encourage them to record the trade when they're going first, too. It's not about me, it's about many people that doesn't even know the apb forums thus aren't familiar with any of the current decisions. I suggested putting a banner on the login screen or something warning about trades not being supported anymore. The whole issue was that someone was asking whether someone (a very known scammer that has scammed more than 7 or 8 people now) was trusted or not. I told him no he's a scammer and he's scammed many people don't trade with him. Same as many other people confirmed that he's a scammer in the chat. I got muted for 4 hours by a GM and threatened to get my account banned if I said that again. He told me to not say that again and let support handle this which, surprisingly, support doesn't do anymore. So I have to let my friends and other players get their guns scammed and not get it back or else I'll be banned for warning them.

And nowadays the game is pretty unplayable due to the shotguns and other issues, so I only login to either trade or spend time chatting in Social. So "Just don't trade" might not be a very good idea for someone like me.  Edited by Tech-San

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Might be time to update those rules, or just work on consistency.

Funny joke. Consistency? You're hilarious.

Why are there always drama when i am not around t.t
Fill me in anyone?

5 hours ago, Tech-San said:

I am the OP of the removed post. I have been contacted by a Mod telling me to contact Lixil about it with proof. I see it unnecessary to remove my complete thread for a reply to someone stating a name. You could have just removed the reply and leave the thread. As I said before I did the /savechatlog command and still can not find the chat log in anywhere. Would not be surprised if that got broken since last update too. Now for the funny part, the GM her/himself told me to "take it to the forums or support" if I still have an issue with that punishment. Now who am I supposed to listen to now? If I do what a GM suggested me to do and then get my thread removed by another mod? How poorly revised does your rules have to be to be so damn contradictory?! Everything I've seen until now is just rules interferring with eachother. I'm not even gonna bother mention the scam ticket support abandonment before even pushing a trading system live. Please LO,THINK before taking actions. This is boring. I am not going to spend my time or money on a very poorly managed game that is definitely from ,what I see, is going in a very dark direction. 

Thank you for your updates. We are doing an investigation regarding this case.

6 hours ago, Tech-San said:

So you werent even the one to give the name?
Christ thats hilarious.
Almost as funny as the GM telling you to take it to the forums.

lmfao

Well, likely one GM is losing their position... with a little luck maybe a mod as well.

Thank you for all of your inputs. I will go ahead and lock this thread to keep its relevance while the issue is investigated. Regards.