Please fix the /who command so it works again Can't see if dat dude talking in chat is enf or crim or who is on the server dat i dont wanna play with or VS so i can go to a different server and not be meet with Toxic Canser - i think the new "friend system" is what broke it.

Anyone else Agree?

-

The /who command lists players in your district who have chosen to make their location visible, as well as your friends, group members and clan members. This change was made to prevent the command from being used to circumvent the location privacy system, by simply joining all districts and using /who to track down the person you are searching for.

Why was the community not asked what we think about it since we are the one using it? Edited by TheLostDims
Got my Respond.
  • Like 3

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

Huh?

They changed the /who chat command to show only nearby players as opposed to everyone in the district.

Yeah I don't see why /who needed to be changed. I actually used it frequently to see how many people I knew were in a district but now that's useless. Revert pls

/who was removed I believe in an effort to combat in game harassment

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2

I agree it was useful and i used it often too but it was also abused alot by some individuals to troll and grief players, hence why it has been changed.

as useful as it was i think it's better this way in the long run. it probably should never have been a thing in the first place to be fair.

Edited by YumiSakura
typo
  • Like 1

The /who command lists players in your district who have chosen to make their location visible, as well as your friends, group members and clan members. This change was made to prevent the command from being used to circumvent the location privacy system, by simply joining all districts and using /who to track down the person you are searching for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Aphadon said:

chosen to make their location visible.

is there an option for this somewhere? i havent noticed one to be honest.

4 minutes ago, YumiSakura said:
8 minutes ago, Aphadon said:

chosen to make their location visible.

is there an option for this somewhere? i havent noticed one to be honest.
tJbEgL1.png

I dont think its been explained by LO yet.
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
tJbEgL1.png

Welp no wonder i didnt flipping notice it then. thank you for that.

27 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
(Pic)
Ty Cook... not sure why they made being all private something you opt out of instead of into, since most people shouldn't have any reason to be hidden o.o Edited by Archon

1 hour ago, Rikard86 said:
1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

Huh?

They changed the /who chat command to show only nearby players as opposed to everyone in the district.
No, they changed it to only see clan mates and friends list, everyone else is hidden.

Imo it's a really dumb change, I like to see if anyone i know who may not be on my fl is on or see what kind of opp ill be getting by seeing if I know any names. Now I can't and its slightly frustrating having to guess what skill level my opp will be in the district.
  • Like 1

Just now, Noob_Guardian said:
No, they changed it to only see clan mates and friends list, everyone else is hidden.

Imo it's a really dumb change, I like to see if anyone i know who may not be on my fl is on or see what kind of opp ill be getting by seeing if I know any names. Now I can't and its slightly frustrating having to guess what skill level my opp will be in the district.
So your a peeing tom? greaaaaaaat

7 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:
9 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

So your a peeing tom? greaaaaaaat
peeking*?

7 hours ago, Aphadon said:

Was this listed in any of the Patchnotes? We really need that one place on the forums where everything is documented and possible to research without much effort in the future.
It's a real pain when you have the sweep through several pages of random threads and posts to find that one piece of information to quote. Edited by TheJellyGoo

7 hours ago, Aphadon said:

-  it give less and less social in game
- "location privacy system", don t we have an "/ignore" option ?
- u kill an option to find group/team/clan mate just because of 1% ppl feelin persecuted ?
  • Like 3

I'll agree that it was a good tool.
I use it to see who is in the server to determine what sort of Twist of the mind' the environment will be, and to look for known trolls, and when on crim n stealing it helps to know who the cop is. ya know is it a greenie or someone I need to worry about.
 That said, I would possibly be one of the 'persecuted'.
We didn't come down here n cry about trolls. Yea they are a pain, sit in district n flip over players cars, troll their missions and such.
The Reason they did it wasn't so much for the victims as the toxic chat that it caused, which leads into everything from racism to sex with your mom.
 Then we have a server that is being ran so people can play, being used to just sit n be toxic. regardless if its the troll or the victim, neither one is in a mission now they just talkin head n those that get Triggered easy will grab a truck n make everyone pay for what the troll did. Now LO is paying for a server, and its not there for trolls or triggered peps to use for their drama, its for gamers to game.
 So its not a matter of of the 1% crying, its a matter of running a server. Why pay for dead toxic weight.
They would just check Who n start talking shit in the chat, not even be playin, just spawn in n sit at the contact n comb the who, and or troll around in a vegas n flip people. this happened every day all day before. The Trolling still happens but its more random not the same people everyday.
 So its really more about running a productive game than anyone crying, who can use the chat if its blown up with a 2-3 peps calling each other names.

13 hours ago, Aphadon said:

Yeah but, why though?

I haven't seen anyone complaining about that since forever.
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Yeah but, why though?

probably to be in line with the changes they made to the friends and search features, it wouldn't make sense to have the old /who with the new way those features work

2 minutes ago, Kevkof said:
36 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Yeah but, why though?

probably to be in line with the changes they made to the friends and search features, it wouldn't make sense to have the old /who with the new way those features work

Why'd they even change that in the first place?

3 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Why'd they even change that in the first place?
I have no official word on this, but I'd assume something along the lines of harassment prevention