FluttershyI

The Goal of Weapon Rebalancing!

The Goal of Weapon Rebalancing!  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think should be the reason behind weapon balancing?

• [Full Rebalance] To continue re-balancing (and re-re-balancing) almost every weapon in the game untill they are all viable/good choices. You like using different weapons and diversity in this game and feel that every weapon should be fun and rewarding to play with.
    • [Partial Rebalance] To keep it simple and only make changes to weapons at the very end of each side of the spectrum, so either the really weak or overpowered weapons should be changed in order to fit in better. It doesn't matter for you that certain weapons will be more popular because they are a bit easier or better than others.
    • [Quickfix Rebalance] To re-balance weapons wich are arguably very strong and keep the rest of the weapons untouched for now and focus on completely different things. You will simply not be using weaker weapons and are looking forward to other new changes.

Players of APB Reloaded,

As to be expected rebalancing weapons will inadvertently lead to changes to weapons. Those weapons can be positive or negative. Pushing some of these changes to the live version of the game already might have lead to some drama and upset players, but I think the negative response is mostly cause by not knowing 'what's the plan behind these weapon changes?'. I think that's the core issue here wich I also don't have an answer to. Players might have very different expectations when it comes to re-balancing than the company itself and that might lead to disappointment in the end. I would like to use this topic by collecting your opinions about weapon rebalancing trough this poll. If we have a collective end goal I think our results and experience will be much better in the future. So, lets try to keep things constructive and positive in this thread!

I hope everybody who will read this topic can leave his personal opinion about what the goal of weapon rebalancing should be!
Afterwards I hope Little Orbit can make an official statement about the direction for re-balancing to go into aswell.

Thanks a lot everybody for your time reading!

Edited by FluttershyI
  • Like 1

a partial rebalance was probably all we needed, but with the way orbit has jumped in with both feet and made some fairly sweeping changes its probably a safe bet that theyre going to touch a majority of the weapons (at the very least) 

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

I have no opinion. After seeing recent balancing I quickly forgot about my past complains. I'd rather see this reverted and suck it up when it comes to RFP etc

I'd like every weapon to be equally useful and fun to play with, but I also recognize that there are more important issues. By just bringing the outliers back into midrange power, LO would be doing enough to keep the game fun, and have time to spend on more content (hopefully). Voted partial.

31 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

After seeing recent balancing I quickly forgot about my past complains. I'd rather see this reverted and suck it up when it comes to RFP etc

I agree with you, I also want everything to return to its place - we are used to it. but change is inevitable. need to move forward . Voted partial. Edited by Yood

Partial rebalance for me. I get that it's not so easy to make every single weapon viable, especially when you have too many guns.

Imo the game has much worse problems than weapon balance atm.
What's scaring off new and old players from APB wasn't the fact that NTEC is everywhere, HVR QS was a thing and OCA was by far the best cqc weapon. Right now we have this weird situation where balancing is NECESSARY because Shotguns have become too powerful and rewarding and need a nerf, but aside from this and some minor nerfs to NTEC and OCA (those that we are testing) I think the game is already pretty balanced.

We need to move forward with the engine upgrade, as that will open the doors to new content, better optimization, and (hopefully) better server stability. Once we achieve this and they find a way to deal with DDoS attacks, the game will eventually start drawing in players and grow up a little bit.
But it's only at that point that imo a complete weapon rebalance should (slowly) start to happen.

Edited by DouglasFalcon

To be honest , I just want a good server , and engine upgrade.
I didn't care weapon balance , but now shotguns are overpowered... need fix.

• Like 1

answer number 4 for me
buff shotgun so Jmb'secondary shotgun become deadly
than, when ppl dont buy anymore, nerf  before next Jmb release,

re-balance is needed
but people will always find something to complain about

Looking it at the poll results it seems very clear why re-balancing causes issues. The playerbase clearly has very different opinions on this subject and we don't know what the end goal will be. Interesting results I'de say the least...

Looking at the final results, it seems the community will mostly vote for a full rebalance at this stage in time. Of course it's critical that it'll be done correctly and some weapons (eventually) have to be re-done aswell. Of course this will take time and patience from both LO and the community and weapon changes shouldn't be regarded as final at any stage during testing yet.

Just now, FluttershyI said:

Looking at the final results, it seems the community will mostly vote for a full rebalance at this stage in time. Of course it's critical that it'll be done correctly and some weapons (eventually) have to be re-done aswell. Of course this will take time and patience from both LO and the community and weapon changes shouldn't be regarded as final at any stage during testing yet.

Bruh less than 50 people voted.
less
than

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
Bruh less than 50 people voted.
less
than
I said most likely, we'll never know for sure by a poll on these forums. Forum members might not even represent the opinion well of the APB player, due to a variety of reasons. For instance people who are happy about rebalancing might not even come here to provide feedback or the other way around, upset people don't bother. The best thing IMO would be for Little Orbit to make a choice and execute that as well as possible and communicate about it.