Sign in to follow this  
Gateron

Are you guys now G1 in disguise milking the shredder?

one thing shredder is OVERPOWERD and there is still nothing done about it are you guys trying to milk it or something.. And the shotguns are not balanced they are just reverted back to the old shotguns from 2012.

unknown.png

• Like 1

If you're gonna replace the HVR in that HVR crutch pic with the Shredder you could at least flip em around so it looks like he's holding on to the gun grips this time.

Also, there are fixes being setup for the shredder and others - its all on the OTW. LO isn't in the practice of rushing out buffs, neither will they rush out nerfs. For better and for worse.

i was waiting for posts like these

cant wait for them to pop up every time the meta changes due to balancing, as if people gravitating towards the easiest weapon choices is somehow a grand conspiracy orchestrated by little orbit

I find it funny when things like the N-TEC exist yet people complain about something that sucks in close range and works well at like 20-30m.

It does need a nerf, but I don't get the communities outrage about certain things when other things are far more problematic, yet are rarely mentioned.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, GhosT said:

I find it funny when things like the N-TEC exist yet people complain about something that sucks in close range and works well at like 20-30m.

It does need a nerf, but I don't get the communities outrage about certain things when other things are far more problematic, yet are rarely mentioned.

I mean it has a bigger radius then the ntec and you can also strafe with it with the ntec you can not you need to go in marks man. a guy killed me from 25 meters with cj3 with shredder yeah totally on the same level like the ntec /s. Worst part is it's super consistent

1 minute ago, Topre said:
9 minutes ago, GhosT said:

I mean it has a bigger radius then the ntec and you can also strafe with it with the ntec you can not you need to go in marks man. a guy killed me from 25 meters with cj3 with shredder yeah totally on the same level like the ntec /s. Worst part is it's super consistent

The shredder requires you to use marksman mode, you don't hip fire that thing, never.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GhosT said:

The shredder requires you to use marksman mode, you don't hip fire that thing, never.
I have seen people go monkey mode and just move left and right blasting that gun and doing shit load of damage. The guy just a/d while not being in marks man and blasted me away.

31 minutes ago, GhosT said:

As much as I hate to complain, that's how it WAS...

I find myself hipping the Shredder when I decide to have a laugh, mowing down 2 or even 3 people at a time when I catch them off guard.

Pretty sure they've 12-24 months before they can be accused of going down G1's path (looking at you Troublemaker).

Chill out though, LO is doing a great job.  They may not have done well with the recent balance update, but it's still RECENT, and they're just trying to figure out this game we've been with a very long time.

57 minutes ago, Topre said:
59 minutes ago, GhosT said:

I have seen people go monkey mode and just move left and right blasting that gun and doing shit load of damage. The guy just a/d while not being in marks man and blasted me away.

27 minutes ago, Reyku said:
As much as I hate to complain, that's how it WAS...

I find myself hipping the Shredder when I decide to have a laugh, mowing down 2 or even 3 people at a time when I catch them off guard.

I've ran a JT lease for the shredder for the past few days, hipfiring was never really effective, at least not effective enough to be overpowered or strong.

1 hour ago, Topre said:
Why is it that everything needs to perform worse than an NTEC in every possible situation even within the shredder’s intended niche? It’s supposed to be a shotgun with better range and versatility. Have you guys considered maybe, I don’t know... not engaging Shredders with MIDRANGE assault rifles from under 30 meters? Edited by notHunky
  • Like 2

25 meters is not the intended niche for the shredder though, not even the CSG I'd think.

1 hour ago, Nite said:

If you're gonna replace the HVR in that HVR crutch pic with the Shredder you could at least flip em around so it looks like he's holding on to the gun grips this time.

Also, there are fixes being setup for the shredder and others - its all on the OTW. LO isn't in the practice of rushing out buffs, neither will they rush out nerfs. For better and for worse.

I made a better version.
ekCbmg3.jpg
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Slickmund said:

25 meters is not the intended niche for the shredder though, not even the CSG I'd think.

the shredder was always intended to be a close-midrange shotgun, it trades the raw damage and fast ttk for dominating cqc for the tight spread and marksmanship modifiers to compete further out

25m-30m barely scratches the mid range of assault rifles (read: ntec), the shredder instead directly competes with the carbine and the atac - both of which are better than it imo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Topre said:
1 hour ago, GhosT said:

Marksman mode movement speed is very high on that weapon, quick A/D tap strafing is almost indiscernible between MM and non-MM with guns like that. Even more so with Mobility Sling. Hipfire is only useful in 10m and closer, any further and RNG will screw you out of a kill if you hipfire.

Shredder isn't OP, people are just seeing it's intended use for the first time, coupled with the fact that everyone's trying out shotguns because of the patch, which creates the illusion people swapped to "crutch weapons". Shotguns should be deadly and hard hitting out to 25m. Hell, Whisper holds it's damage all the way out to 50m.

Trust me, the shotgun craze will die out soon. It'd be the same song and dance if you saw 80% of everyone using carbines.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nite said:

LO isn't in the practice of rushing out buffs, neither will they rush out nerfs. For better and for worse.

Except for that first balance patch of course. 
lol
36 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

Trust me, the shotgun craze will die out soon. It'd be the same song and dance if you saw 80% of everyone using carbines.
It will because LO has already said shotguns are too forgiving, so they are going to fix them. 
  • Like 1

changes have to come by slowly as they need to gather stats and figure out the proper changes.

Changes are also done in phases, not one massive change that suddenly balances everything.  So give LO time. 

2 hours ago, Shikoba said:
I made a better version.
ekCbmg3.jpg
10/10 Quality 😅
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Slickmund said:

Except it was the range intended when it was made by g1 originally? I used to 3 hit people 24m with mine, however it wasn't as effective and often either 3 hit or took 7 due to hitreg.

CSG was always from 0~12 - before nerf
JG 0~7?
NFAS 0-~5
OGRE 0-~10

Shredder was made to fire and reach further than all the other shotguns. (I'd know cause i bought it and its original stats show that intent) Its original range was ~20m?? or so, and I used the IR3 varient so yeah, mines actually meant for ~20-27m, aka EB3 varient. Edited by Noob_Guardian

I wasn't aware of that, I've only known the pre-last-patch shredder. I simply assumed it would be a NFAS with extended range and assumed no shotgun would excell past 20m, bad assumptions apparantly.

Sign in to follow this