blushface2

the population of the game...

Not like the recent balance patch helped. But I doubt we will get a decent population until there is a engine update.

People are expecting too much from a new company that just got a hold of the game. They're still learning but have shown good incentives even if some of the things have changed things for the worse so far.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

With the complete lack of ingame moderation of toxic behaviour it's entirely unsurprising that the game is hemorrhaging players again. No modern gamer wants to subject themselves to the rampant dethreaters, auditory abuse from earrape themes, mission griefing etc.

Them pushing the shotgun changes live despite the entire testing community telling them it would destroy the game didn't help. Nor did the constant server problems and DDoS.

• Like 6

You just gotta have faith, it's a new company. Gotta give them time to get familiar with the program. 

server are closed. you can and chat.

THE GAME KILL THE PLAYERS!

Won't lie that the recent balance patches made me not want to play anymore, but I will once everything's been resolved again. I think this is the case for several other players.

I honestly think it is pretty impressive that APB even holds some population still.

It never reached that high of a peak and is still around this long while other games with far more players dropped off the map far quicker. So of course APB is going to have low pop when it is this old.

People have no reason to play this game

2 hours ago, Nev said:

Not like the recent balance patch helped. But I doubt we will get a decent population until there is a engine update.

Even then the engine update only has a temporary effect, if LO manages to push out new content on a regular base and I don't mean only armas but content that give people more reason to play it.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, AlexandraTromp said:

Even then the engine update only has a temporary effect, if LO manages to push out new content on a regular base and I don't mean only armas but content that give people more reason to play it.
UE3.5 wont hold anyone if it still runs poorly and dont bring new content to give 255rank players a reason to grind.
I mean i have 14characters for God sake because i am forcing myself to grind and have a reason to play lol

Give it another half year or so.

3 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

Give it another half year or so.

time won't help . we're losing population . new players are leaving the GAME .

P.s . this post is probably already 333 times was duplicated early by other participants . you walk around . Edited by Yood

I'm still wondering why a rollback wasn't done on IR3 and shotguns. The HVR and other weapon changes seem fine but I'm surprised that it's going on 3? weeks and not a single thing was done about it other than an underwhelming "shotgun nerf"

I haven't seen anyone in the last week to try my nerfed shotgun on in order to see what happened to it. 

Yeah it could be worse, I agree; I used to play Face of Mankind, which suffered from an actual Toxic Community at war with an absent Dev team who made promises they had zero intention of keeping. That was a real shame, and a total breach of trust with their player base.

LO don't seem like that is their business model, to me.

But Han server is like a ghost town compared to last week (at the time I usually play).
Most of my friends who used to play, up to the start of August, no longer appear listed as "friends who play this game" on Steam.

I can't explain it. And I don't understand it either. 
I'm gonna go read the Patch Notes to see what happened, and see if it makes sense to me after that.

• Like 1

dethreating
is 
the problem

hyphotesis:
  1. have a nice 4 vs 4 perfectly MM.
  2. have just 1 player that is going to dethreat
  3. normal server mission performance
thesis:
just 1 dethreater (dt) can ruins both teams gameplay . 

demostration:
  • one dt in own team means 25% team less, and obvius a solid 25% active more for opponent team if is griefing too. so we have a tecnical difference of 50% also with a perfect MM.
  • on the opponent side, there is an huge probability of raging/harassing cheat incoming in case of district/whisper like "gg ez" ,maybe without any will of offense, but understood by griefed team as it is. also 2 friendly team could become deadly enemy's just for the acting of a single dethreater. and relative equivocal comunication.
  • with this kind of opponent's team, every skill valutation is relative , and for the player become useless learn effectly how to improve itself (quality of future performance ,especialy in coop)  or its arsenal (ARMAS market compromised)
  • the dt behaviour could be get as legit by other players.
final results:
7 hyphotetic good gamers could have in a mission with a dt the following results:
  • 90% game ruined
  • 50% raging /nervous chat
  • 50% false positive mission results
  • 30% will not consider to improve arsenal.
  • 25%  log off for more than 1 day
  • 20% log-off for more than a week (this is nearly a goodbye)
  • 10% will rest ingame for more than 2 missions. (if dt present in oppo)
  • 5% will rest ingame for less than 2 missions ,(if dt present in own)
  • this means 60% of losing a player forever and in just one mission.
TLDR: set dethreating until extreme limit. make it near to impossible, is the solution.

FAQ: the cheaters are worst!
FALSE: the impact to game serenity of a cheater is neither the 30% of damage taken by a dethreater.
with same hyphotesis, lets put 1 blatant cheater in a perfect 4 vs 4.
in this case, the force balance give only a boost of 25% to only one side and there is no "affection" to oppo side, if a dethreater give a solid 25% help to oppo and a 25% deficit to own team this means a difference of 25+25=50 % of unbalance, the cheater is "just" 25% plus the raging is oriented to cheater mostly, and hardly the rage will affect the remaining team

FAQ2: the griefers are worst!
FALSE: usually a griefer dont have the purpose of disturb entire time mission, when he get the harass result, for stupid fun, he usually stop, he dont have to get a result, a dethreater instead does, until he dethreated ,one have a limited time of bad behaviour, other have to complete entire mission for dethreating.

FAQ3: the MM is worst!
FALSE: there are game with a MM ridicoulous ,but there is the will from weak side to show some skill, and have fun is the main goal of entire gameplay, not get the world cup. note that where there is a poor MM the strong player dont act like tryhards, but like a relaxed pro that dont use dirty tricks for get results at any cost, maybe these are not balanced matches ,but are always loyal. a dethreater suppose that use a tricks is legit, a real pro versus noobs hardly will infect his own favourite game.

FAQ4: the p2w is worst!
FALSE:  in APB the coop objective mission dont depends by fire force available, the best gun available is perfectly useless in specific missions, and also the cheapest HVR could save the team, on other side, also the best team equipped is useless with a dethreater in team.

TLDR: try to win a deathmatch with a dethreater in team, try to deliver an item with a dt in team, try to turn out by an hide corner while a dt is going straight to enemy and showing your precious tactic position.

sorry for my earthquaked english. feel free to correct or launching rotten tomatos.

Note_edit_ : the dethreating doesnt finish to be a problem when dt stops acting for dethreat, the real issues begin when he begin to be active where his real skill should not be present

Edited by Queen of Love
note in red are important ,sometime.

Some days ago, I think about buying some new perm gun and few skins, and go again in FC raids every evening, like in old times. But this mad devs from LO roll they frankinstain weapon patch. And now I dont want play in a FC anymore, cose everybody kill each other from shotguns from any distance for half sec, lol and its start to be real boring and annoying.
 This game is not GTA, there is no other content except pvp, the balance of weapons is sacred, why they start manipulate it, I do not understand.
  Of course, I will not leave the game at once, I do not want to drop a character, the level and the money spent, I'll just hang around the social dist and scratch my balls. Well, the new players who came and looked at this mess all turn around and leave immediately, what the developers think are rolling out such hardcore patches. This why people will be leave. The game has more important problems, or is not ?
  Sorry for my super english.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Queen of Love said:
where did you get your percentage numbers?

It could have something to do with people going back to school around this time. However the bad servers and recent balance changes certainly arent helping these numbers.

• Like 1

We had a population gain due to LO actually doing something with the game, and now we've lost a lot of players due to the absolute garbage shotgun changes.

• Like 2

There could be all sorts of reasons for the playerbase stagnation, real life agendas very likely are a considerable factor in this as well. Worst case scenario: The hype of LO taking over and sprinkling fairy dust all over APB is decaying. That was to be expected either way though, these charts do not show anything worth calling a doomsday over, yet.... dun dun steam bun.

12 hours ago, blushface2 said:

Do you really think people do not log on directly? not everyone uses steam to play.

12 hours ago, saudauish said:

hahahaha man
this game is truly just perma in the shitter huh

And yet you are here chuckles.....sigh.
12 hours ago, Yood said:

server are closed. you can and chat.

THE GAME KILL THE PLAYERS!

That was me shooting you.....
2 hours ago, theddd said:

It could have something to do with people going back to school around this time. However the bad servers and recent balance changes certainly arent helping these numbers.

2 hours ago, Slickmund said:

There could be all sorts of reasons for the playerbase stagnation, real life agendas very likely are a considerable factor in this as well. Worst case scenario: The hype of LO taking over and sprinkling fairy dust all over APB is decaying. That was to be expected either way though, these charts do not show anything worth calling a doomsday over, yet.... dun dun steam bun.

School and college started already so numbers will be off regardless *shrugs*