TheFakestOfFakeGolds

Balanced Shotguns: how are they?

I read about them just now and already saw the Shredder is broken... but what about other shotguns? I can't seem to find a detailed post...

I read now the pinned post on Social, but am unsure if it's the balance already in effect or an additional one that isn't live right now

Edited by TheFakestOfFakeGolds

Shotguns are still insane and honestly just boring to play against overall.

• Like 2

Shotguns are the are the most used weapons at this current time.They tried to make them more consistent however to be honest all they did is to poke the bear with it.The shotguns were decent before now they are freaking insane.The ghost shots are still here and all they did is to buff the damage.They absolutely must not remain in the current state or otherwise the balance of the game will just break even more.I have no idea what it takes to fix the hit-reg and to be honest i don't really care it is their job not mine,however id rather take 4 perfect shots to kill than 2 with this mashup.(p.s im getting 2 shotted by silvers meeeeeen im starting to be jelly)

I actually used to use the CSG a lot in fightclub prior to the buff they had received recently. Still could easily kill people before because of how you can basically make your hitbox nigh impossible to get hit by just sitting on a corner and doing full dmg with a csg.

I think the buff was genuinely overkill. I don't agree with buffing / changing weapons based upon netcode acting up.

• Like 1

It is pretty ridiculous when you have zero ability to counter them in CQC. Not even using cover works now.

• Like 1

I think we reached a point where the new shotgun mechanics are just too forgiving, and the only way to rebalance them is to use the old shotgun mechanics.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

I think we reached a point where the new shotgun mechanics are just too forgiving, and the only way to rebalance them is to use the old shotgun mechanics.

this. shotguns were pretty much fine... every other gun also suffers from bad hitreg from time to time / to some degree.
certain shotguns needed tweaking, like the DOW and shredder.
revert the changes, give DOW 2 more shots in the magazine OR slightly more damage (still a 3 shot though). they can stick with the firerate increase on the shredder though... without the forgiving pellet system it won't be as insane as it is right now.
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Snubnose said:
this. shotguns were pretty much fine... every other gun also suffers from bad hitreg from time to time / to some degree.
certain shotguns needed tweaking, like the DOW and shredder.
revert the changes, give DOW 2 more shots in the magazine OR slightly more damage (still a 3 shot though). they can stick with the firerate increase on the shredder though... without the forgiving pellet system it won't be as insane as it is right now.
I like this idea.

2 hours ago, GhosT said:

I kept saying that the new pellet mechanics just rewards bad players with bad aim with more damage than they deserve. Changes came to live and what do you know, it does exactly that.
  • Like 2

GzOaeJJ.png
someone ping me in a few weeks whenever they're fixed
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
2 hours ago, GhosT said:

I kept saying that the new pellet mechanics just rewards bad players with bad aim with more damage than they deserve. Changes came to live and what do you know, it does exactly that.

It's rare that I agree with you, but I do here.
Literally everyone running around can 2 shot you if their aim is somewhat close to you.

They need to fix that.

1 minute ago, GhosT said:

It's rare that I agree with you, but I do here.
Literally everyone running around can 2 shot you if their aim is somewhat close to you.

They need to fix that.
Don't forget even hiding in cover does nothing cause that minor amount of pellets that hit you get to blast you like a HVR regardless.

10 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
2 hours ago, GhosT said:

It's funny cause shotguns only exist in games for people who can't aim. Making them even easier to use is hilarious. 
  • Like 1

Shotgun might not even be wildly unbalanced. The problem with the JG atm is that it it might do too much damage to easially for it's range

Edited by FluttershyI

The ttk from them is so bad sometimes the game UI doesn't know you have died yet.   😀

shotguns should be taken out of the "shotgun" category and put into the "high powered rifle" category at contacts 

4 hours ago, Snubnose said:
this. shotguns were pretty much fine... every other gun also suffers from bad hitreg from time to time / to some degree.[...]
It's weird that people actually bought into that excuse as a valid reason for those shotgun changes.
I feel like some things are being soaked up far to easy just because they come from LO.
Yes, we should give them some leeway but don't turn off the brains and stop thinking critically.
How would this change solve the proclaimed hitreg issue - like what even? 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

It is pretty ridiculous when you have zero ability to counter them in CQC. Not even using cover works now.

6 hours ago, Keshi said:
How about you just not engage shotgun users within their preferred range at under 10 meters where they are supposed to be strongest? Bad tactics shouldn’t be an excuse to revert an entire class of weapons back to being an RNG cannon.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, notHunky said:

How about you just not engage shotgun users within their preferred range at under 10 meters where they are supposed to be strongest? Bad tactics shouldn’t be an excuse to revert an entire class of weapons back to being an RNG cannon.
There are other CQC guns. 
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:
1 hour ago, notHunky said:

There are other CQC guns. 
Yes and they perform better at ranges around 20 to 40 meters than most shotguns. Shotguns are just supposed to be really specialized at point blank range (under 10 meters) with the exception of the Shredder which is supposed to be more versatile like an ATAC in exchange for having a longer TTK. They are going to revert the fire rate buff to better reflect that.

Edit: do the people who keep down voting care to elaborate their position on the matter? Edited by notHunky
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, notHunky said:

Yes and they perform better at ranges around 20 to 40 meters than most shotguns. 

40m cqc weapon?
lol wut?

Edited by CookiePuss

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:
40m cqc weapon?
lol wut?

Ok maybe more like 30 or 35ish at most, but that’s still nearly double the effective range of most shotguns in the game. My point is many SMGs are more versatile than shotguns as a whole, and that shotguns should be able to perform a bit better at extremely close ranges in the meta of things.
  • Like 1

Everyone is knee jerking about the shredder , which is going to cause it to fade into obscurity once again. Shotguns are buffed but in real situations its not like your invincible

• Like 2