Sign in to follow this  
Frosi

Weapon roles

Weapon roles are an essential part of APB, they unlock slotted variants of weapons, modifications and eventually a prestigious Chrome skin for all weapons in that certain role. The system as it stands is fairly good although I'd argue that it could do with some quality of life changes to make the grind it takes to max them out feel far more rewarding while also making things easier for newer players. 

I'd argue that all Weapon roles should be account wide, meaning you can progress them on any of your characters and therefore also unlock the rewards you get them on all of your characters, allowing players that maxed out the role to use the Chrome skin on ALL of their characters while also allowing newer players to switch characters freely without feeling like they're losing progression when they do so. (Allowing them to buy slotted variants of weapons on their alt characters without having to buy an account wide Armas version of the gun)

Here is some insight into how the roles work and what each level awards.

Level 0 > 1 : 12 Total kills required - Unlocks Stock Variants of Weapons (If available)
Level 1 > 2 : 30 Total kills required - No rewards
Level 2 > 3 : 50 Total kills required - Unlocks the first Level 1 Modification 
Level 3 > 4 : 100 Total kills required - Unlocks the second Level 1 Modification
Level 4 > 5 : 200 Total kills required - Unlocks Role title and 1 slot variants of weapons
Level 5 > 6 : 400 Total kills required - No rewards
Level 6 > 7 : 650 Total kills required - Unlocks 1 slot variants of stock weapons
Level 7 > 8 : 825 Total kills required - Unlocks the first Level 2 Modification
Level 8 > 9 : 1150 Total kills required - Unlocks the second Level 2 Modification
Level 9 > 10 : 1500 Total kills required - Unlocks Elite Role title and 2 slot variants of weapons
Level 10 > 11 : 2000 Total kills required - No rewards
Level 11 > 12 : 2500 Total kills required - Unlocks 2 slot variants of stock weapons
Level 12 > 13 : 3000 Total kills required - Unlocks the first Level 3 Modification
Level 13 > 14 : 5000 Total kills required - Unlocks the second Level 3 Modification
Level 14 > 15 : 10000 Total kills required - Unlocks Master Role title and 3 slot variants of weapons
Level 15 > 16 : 20000 Total kills required - Unlocks Chrome skin and 3 slot variants of stock weapons

20000 Total kills required to max out a weapon role is a fair amount considering that the Chrome skin is supposed to be prestigious but I'd argue that making Role rewards account wide unlocks would make it feel a lot more rewarding to obtain it while also allowing new players to use their unlocks on all of their characters.

Edit: Could any of the moderators move this topic into the correct suggestions subforum? It's early in the morning and goofed. 

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 5

Totally agree. The way roles are now they make you feel like you're forced to play only one character otherwise you're loosing out. It's the reason I only have one max R character even tho I have almost 2270 hours. 

Edited by xSagittiSx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SpuzvaBob said:

Moved thread to correct section

Thank you!

14 minutes ago, xSagittiSx said:

I have almost 2270 hours. 

Lmao, newb.
  • Like 1

weapon roles rank 16 must be removed so players can unlock chrome skin and 3 slot weapons on rank 15 completed

35 minutes ago, BingoBookBG said:

weapon roles rank 16 must be removed so players can unlock chrome skin and 3 slot weapons on rank 15 completed

I don't see why Rank 16 should be removed, it was added back then when they added the chrome skins so its intention was for it to be hard to obtain so it is more of a prestigious thing.

5 hours ago, Pinpuce said:
6 hours ago, xSagittiSx said:

I have almost 2270 hours. 

Lmao, newb.
GOING👏ON👏THE👏FORUMS👏JUST👏TO👏BRAG👏LMAO
jk ily
  Edited by Swibby
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Frosi said:

I don't see why Rank 16 should be removed, it was added back then when they added the chrome skins so its intention was for it to be hard to obtain so it is more of a prestigious thing.
prestigious?..play 7 years and dont have even 1 weapon 16 completed Edited by BingoBookBG

adding new ways for players to obtain f2p content is something that needs to happen imo

i think role level 5, 10, and 15 should unlock the corresponding 0slot, 1slot, and 2slot armas weapons for leasing

perhaps role 16 could unlock 3slot armas weapons for leasing, or possible even create a role 17 for that

i really like the idea of roles being account bound tho

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

2 hours ago, BingoBookBG said:
prestigious?..play 7 years and dont have even 1 weapon 16 completed

Well, that's where the issue lies, you have to constantly play one Role on a certain character to max them out, most people go as far as also just playing fightclub to max them out efficiently. I don't think the grind is bad, but the rewards feel lackluster considering that it takes a long time to get there. The Chrome skin is supposed to show off that you mastered said set of weapons in that Role. Edited by Frosi