BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3970 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

s4Ncqau.png

Hi there, I've searched, it has come up with only 2 topics, both unrelated.

That being said, I have been wanting it for quite a while, and I've stated it in other topics as well.  I know that there are a few people who agree with me that the engine sounds for the Vegas needs a little work.  Sure, you may argue that the Vegas has a crap ton of kits already, or that it's sounds have already been changed once. I know there are cars more deserving of kits at this point.  

Anyway, my point is that the sound effects for this car right now are, well, not very good.  Some people like it and I understand that completely, though I'm not suggesting that they remove the current sounds entirely.  What I am suggesting however is that RP begins work (if they haven't already) on a Vegas audio kit.  It is one of the few top tier cars without one and I think it could benefit it greatly.  The main problem I have with the current set of sounds the Vegas has is that it sounds sick, like it isn't running properly.  I just want something that sounds more powerful.

Now, the kind of things that I would like for the kit to include would be:

-The ability to choose between a type of engine sound   (Current, Original, 440 Big Block, 350 Small Block)

-Turbo sounds   (You really could just recycle turbo sounds from other kits and I doubt anyone would care)

-Transmission sounds

-Exhaust sounds

-Dump Valves   (Could also be recycled from other kits)

-Amps, speakers, etc.

I know that you guys have more important things to worry about but with the Waragi kit coming out soon, I can see that you're still willing to make kits (and I'm not against that).  I just figured, if you go to the right place, one day of field recording could get you all the new engine sounds you need, possibly even for free as long as you already have the needed equipment.

Also would probably be a pretty good seller on Armas ;P

Here's some examples of what I'd like out of the engine sounds.

Skip to 1:09

Skip to 0:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP7yw40HF5o

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 25 August 2015 - 06:56 AM.

Kahri

Kahri

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1185 posts
  • Joined 18-January 12
Could we also get this same treatment for the poor cisco too please ??

And what about the fresno ??? The fresno gets no love and would cool as hell it we could mod it like the others !!
Imagine the convertible fresno !! with side pipes, and wire wheels and a blower sticking out of the hood !!

Some of the coolest cars in APB are overlooked imho .
Slow PC, low FPS ? -> Optimize Stream Info Here - >My Nightly Stream Kahri's story -> a San Paro Story

Kahri

Kahri

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1185 posts
  • Joined 18-January 12
We need this in APBr ...

Slow PC, low FPS ? -> Optimize Stream Info Here - >My Nightly Stream Kahri's story -> a San Paro Story

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15271 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

I'd appreciate the old vegas sound.

Kahri

Kahri

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1185 posts
  • Joined 18-January 12
I love the idea you have with the vegas, don't get me wrong, but the other cars haven't even received half the love that the vegas has got .

Even the Flagship, the poor Jericho, has taken a backseat to the Vegas !!!
Wheres the 4x4 Jericho ??
Exactly ..

The Vegas has been shown too much love imho, its time for the other cars to get some attention .

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3970 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

I agree, the Fresno and Cisco both need love too. The Cisco needs a ton of work now that I think about it. Its way too light to justify how slow it is. Handling is just about perfect, but over all the Cisco is still kinda crappy for such a nice looking car.  The Fresno needs more kits too. Convertible Fresno would be nice but I don't think they can do that with how hit boxes are set up.  Side pipes absolutely, Big hood scoop for sure. The fastline kit is nice... but that is the ONLY extra kit for that car.  4x4 Jericho? Where the hell did that come from? Not being mean, just wondering.  I don't think the Jericho would work too well as a 4x4 since it flips easy enough already and it being 4x4 would require lifting it a bit.  Not sure what you meant by "Flagship".  Thanks for the feedback!

Kahri

Kahri

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1185 posts
  • Joined 18-January 12
well, before the 4x4 vegas, and before the vehicles were "cross factioned" ( something I cant stand btw ) there were 2 cars .
The Jericho ( enforcer )
The Rapier ( Crims )
That was it !

The Vegas, the Cisco, were both available to both sides, but lacked any kits to speak of .

So back then, the "J" was the uber omfggottohaveititsofastdabestestever car out there and it stood alone, which is why I call it the flagship, because it used to be .
Now the 4x4 vegas is everywhere and the rapier and Jericho are both x factioned , so its a bit different then along time when I started playing this game .

But ... this whole time, the poor cisco and the frenso have received little to no love from RP , and imho, its time to give them some attention !!!

Edited by Kahri, 15 December 2014 - 01:09 PM.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3970 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

*lots of words*

Yeah I remember back before the best factioned cars were cross factioned, as a crim I always wanted a Jericho and I was really happy with the Nightrider kit that made it available to crims. Now I'm jealous of the pursuit special kit XD   Well, the hood anyway... Really want that hood... Anywhosel, I threw this idea out there because I've been saying it for a long time in other threads and stuff but I don't think it has ever gotten it's own suggestion topic.  And also it would not be much work, as I said in the op, if you go to the right place, and have the equipment already you could probably get all the field recording you need for free in one day.  I'd let them record my car's engine sounds for free (once it's put together anyway), Hell I'd record it for them if they gave me descriptions of each audio file that they need. I have a studio quality mic that I've used to record ATV engine sounds before.

I think the development of this game needs more community involvement, RP just seems to be afraid to get us involved (understandably), like they may be overwhelmed in content to sift through or they may think that some legal problem may arise. Who knows, it may be G1 keeping them from letting us help.  THQ did that to Volition with the Saints Row series, No modding allowed, no community involvement other than support whatsoever. I'm not here to bash G1, just saying they may have something to do with RP not letting the community aid development.  Sorry for the wall of text :D

SNPR

SNPR

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Joined 24-August 13
Inb4 asking for Han Veo audio kit.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3970 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

I'm gonna necro this now that G1 seems to be working more with car stuffs.  The Growl has shown that they can change the engine sound completely with the exhaust audio parts and it doesn't just modify the base sound.  Vegas still sounds like poo :(

Also adding videos to op.

Edited by BrandonBranderson, 25 August 2015 - 06:58 AM.

a Pair of Socks

a Pair of Socks

Respected

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Joined 26-July 13

Id buy the gosh darn out of all of these and I dont think Im the only one.

Actually doing something useful that the players want = Moar moneyz

Put your helmet on and go back to bed.

..GhosT

..GhosT

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 15271 posts
  • Joined 20-June 11

lol

Confusedracoon

Confusedracoon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1774 posts
  • Joined 14-June 11

Said this before a year or two ago.

Universal kits that can be applied to every car. Simple and subtle but noticeable.

A universal set of turbos, dumps and other audio changing things. Maybe exhaust sounds as well. (some EQ tweaks could accomplish this with little work)

Soft top versions of some cars. (some lore as to why you can't shoot people riding in the car. maybe a "pope bubble")

sepereate everything. Spoilers AND boots. Hoods AND intakes. Roof's AND Scoops. Bumpers AND Exhausts.

More advanced stuff I'd pay for:

suspension mods - lowering/raising. (I want a proper jacked up T25) Camber settings

Different styles of tires. Some fat chunky off road tires on a Vegas would look ballin.

Window tints.

Underglows/coloured headlights (need that dynamic lighting with the mythical engine upgrade)

"Advanced" paints - matt, chrome(proper chrome), rust overlay. Able to use different paints on different parts of cars (metallic hood, gloss everywhere else)

also higher resolutions for decals and symbols >.<

Other stuff:

selections of exhaust tips - chrome, titanium, big bore, shotgun...

Those little flashy LED's the Japanese seem to love and stick in ever vent, hole and flat surface.

Winches? because effing lol!

hydrolic systems. Because... ERK SPISHHHHHH.

replace individual windows with blank panels that house huge speakers

Remove certain body parts for those "rat" looks

"dyeable" tire smoke. Saw some back in 2005 I think where they put bits of metal and coloured which craft in the tire so they'd spark and make orange smoke.

I'd pay for that. I love that car.

Edited by Confusedracoon, 20 September 2015 - 08:18 PM.

There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship" more than wrinkles in the Duct tape.

Thats your opinion. You sounds like an idiot, who knows only shotgun. Coward, nothing else.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3970 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

+1 for you.  There's a lot of great ideas in there.  I especially like the body kits that fit every car, soft tops and rust overlays.  The suspension tweaking would be great too.  I'd love to take the hood of my Vegas too :3    The removable body parts seems like the easiest suggestion to make happen in there.

Confusedracoon

Confusedracoon

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1774 posts
  • Joined 14-June 11

+1 for you.  There's a lot of great ideas in there.  I especially like the body kits that fit every car, soft tops and rust overlays.  The suspension tweaking would be great too.  I'd love to take the hood of my Vegas too :3    The removable body parts seems like the easiest suggestion to make happen in there.

Yeah but removeable parts means you gotta texture the insides. I'm sure most people would be happy with a simple flat texture with a bit of chassis weld lines and what not, but yeah. I'd also point towards Matt paint being the easiest as the a few cars already have matt lightmaps(one of the maps, I'm not a designer and know gosh darn all about modelling programs) and what have you.

I've seen a screen shot of the code/UI for changing the suspension settings. It's massively detailed, like Grand Turismo level of tweakability, or it was back in t' day. I doubt it'll ever be as realistic as the racing sims but for a 'simple' tpsmmo, its overkill. It's very possible to do a raiser kit and make the cars stance similar to that of the cars from Mad Max, but then again, only the wheels are programmed to move, all the drivetrain and suspension parts are just fixed blocks :( so that's another few days/weeks work to build, animate and texture the spings, shocks, driveshafts, diffs and all that.

One can dream. =)

-EDIT TO THE MAX-

Just had a thought as I was editing my IO GROWL, Why can't we get a proper 360 degrees orbital camera and the ability to use the "wrap" function for decals that we get with tattoo's and clothing?

Edited by Confusedracoon, 22 September 2015 - 05:31 AM.

There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship" more than wrinkles in the Duct tape.

Thats your opinion. You sounds like an idiot, who knows only shotgun. Coward, nothing else.

iKaitlyn

iKaitlyn

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Joined 04-November 14

We definitely need a Vegas sound kit I want to hear the old sound on my Vegas and I know some for some weird reason like the current sound that doesn't sound good

Aivo

Aivo

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Joined 30-May 12

I like the idea, but muscle cars should have supercharger whine and not turbo sound.

Idk if it still is like this but for some reason Vegas used to have two different sounds. When you drive your own car you hear the normal sound but when you listen to someone else drive from outside or passenger seat, it was different sound with supercharger whine.

76561198106022786.png

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3970 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

I like the idea, but muscle cars should have supercharger whine and not turbo sound.

Idk if it still is like this but for some reason Vegas used to have two different sounds. When you drive your own car you hear the normal sound but when you listen to someone else drive from outside or passenger seat, it was different sound with supercharger whine.

Yeah I know what you mean,  I'm assuming that was a bug since it doesn't seem to happen anymore.  It was cool though.  Having the supercharger whine would be nice, I was just going for what was easiest to possibly increase our chances of getting it :P

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7278 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

The Cisco needs a ton of work now that I think about it. Its way too light to justify how slow it is. Handling is just about perfect, but over all the Cisco is still kinda crappy for such a nice looking car.

No, please no, don't touch the Cisco, it's an amazing car already, I don't want it to be the next ISSR-B.

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants
I just want to help anyone who calls APB home.

BrandonBranderson

BrandonBranderson

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3970 posts
  • Joined 13-July 13

No, please no, don't touch the Cisco, it's an amazing car already, I don't want it to be the next ISSR-B.

Eh, I said that a while ago. My opinion on it has changed since then.

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7278 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Eh, I said that a while ago. My opinion on it has changed since then.

YOUR BRAIN HAS BEEN INFECTED BY THE STATUS QUO!

You're too mainstream for me now Brandon. . . liking the Vegas isn't enough.

eZVk6Xs.jpg
Lethal NL9Map SuggestionsModification ChangesThe Stories of Our CharactersSTAR✪Variants

TheBlademaster1215

TheBlademaster1215

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1644 posts
  • Joined 08-July 14

YOUR BRAIN HAS BEEN INFECTED BY THE STATUS QUO!

You're too mainstream for me now Brandon. . . liking the Vegas isn't enough.

RWD vegas is best vegas.

"The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games."

-- Robert Kotick, CEO of Activision

"being a sap generally gets you removed from the gene pool." -- Based god Immersion

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7278 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

RWD vegas is best vegas.

What does this have to do with my post?

._.

eZVk6Xs.jpg

TheBlademaster1215

TheBlademaster1215

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1644 posts
  • Joined 08-July 14

What does this have to do with my post?

._.

Nothing at all. I just felt like saying it.

"The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games."

-- Robert Kotick, CEO of Activision

"being a sap generally gets you removed from the gene pool." -- Based god Immersion

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7278 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

Nothing at all. I just felt like saying it.

Why did you quote me then. . .

eZVk6Xs.jpg

iKaitlyn

iKaitlyn

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Joined 04-November 14

Tbh even them just putting the old sound in would be fine as long as they get rid of this awful poorly looped sad as gosh darn slowed down sound give us back the original sound G1 the current sound is total garbage it doesn't even loop properly it has looping issues if you listen close

Edited by Jasmyne Rayne, 09 October 2015 - 10:51 AM.

Ƀяаԍԍ

Ƀяаԍԍ

Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1610 posts
  • Joined 06-June 13

This really needs to be a thing already.

Taint

Taint

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Joined 23-March 12

Bumping. Some love for the Vegas and Cisco would be much appreciated.

Posted Image
Who is Taint and Timaman (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Whoa there! Check out the Paintable Rugido taillights thread. And why not check out the lovely Wodgestock?

Nitronik

Nitronik

Ascended

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3014 posts
  • Joined 08-March 12

I want the old sound back

Nitronik4ever / ElSalus - Citadel EU   \\\    ReggaeJones - Jericho NA

Grizmo

Grizmo

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined 23-February 14

I'm still waiting for the Balkan Varzuga Rally XS kits...

"I got bored of waiting... So I gave up waiting and went to sleep" ~Grizmo                  5eb6151efcc370ea78bc1fe80b408899.png

Kewlin

Kewlin

Supreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7278 posts
  • Joined 10-December 12

I'm still waiting for the Balkan Varzuga Rally XS kits...

Even just a 4-slot would be fine by me.

eZVk6Xs.jpg

LibertyWalker

LibertyWalker

Initiate

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 02-July 14
This is one of the things which are REALLY missing out in APB. Audio kits for the Vegas. Like for an exhaust, just a deeper, more bass-full sound, higher rev or smth like that. That would be so sweet *-*

CITADEL  |  LibertyWalker

LilyV3

LilyV3

You're being trolled

• Members
  • 18360 posts
  • Joined 21-August 12

Bumping. Some love for the Vegas and Cisco would be much appreciated.

also, moirai,

but seriously, the vegas as the one most sued car still not having one is seriously strange.

Even just a 4-slot would be fine by me.

some cars are so OP they don't get 4 slots ever.

Edited by LilyV3, 12 September 2016 - 04:17 AM.

Posted Image
Who is Lily and Honey Lily (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*
Check out her Music (different genres): Lily Lily - Burning Night Scarlet Rose Dead End
百合の咲く丘で Sacrifice

XxMrM0dZxX

XxMrM0dZxX

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Joined 14-August 14

what about this one?

Jericho: MrM0dZ  XxMrM0dZxX / RoseIuck / ChiakiNanamii

criminal_gold_250.pngicon_equipment_handcuffslv3.pngicon_explosive_opgl.pngicon_sniperrifle_hvr762.pngicon_shotgun_jg_stockdown.pngicon_rifle_obeya.pngicon_lightmachinegun_shaw556.pngicon_pistol_colbyclassic.pngicon_pistol_act44_laststand_purple.pngicon_assaultrifle_cr5_gold.pngicon_sniperrifle_hvr243_sd_gold.pngicon_smg_oca_sd_whisper_gold.pngicon_rifle_sacr_stock_gold.pngicon_pistol_nano_gold.pngicon_pistol_colbycommander_gold.pngfnmod_consumable_medikit.pngfnmod_consumable_cover.pngenforcer_gold_250.png

underused

underused

Conscript

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Joined 21-December 15

xd

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users