CookiePuss

Wake me up when this JG / Shredder meta is over

Whats insane to me is the fact that LO said they rushed the changes and shouldn't have, but instead of rushing a "hotfix" nerf to shotguns, they are going to take weeks to sort this mess. It's unbelievable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Virgil said:
@Unclean

Video of stock shredder gameplay inc. Nothing beats it within 35m, you’re delusional. Gun is broken. Nothing about the gun lands anywhere close to balanced even without mods. Hopefully gameplay/narrated gameplay/side by sides can demonstrate my point.  I dont have the slighest clue why people think itll be okay with barely any nerfs.

you do not need mods for this gun to rip everyone and everything apart
Under 10m, other shotguns beat it, after 30 m ARs beat it. If it has a fixed red choke on it (basically forcing ir3 or similar to it) then it slows the fire rate and decreases the spread forcing the player to aim down sights more efficiently and makes the weapon less forgiving.

again, the range of this weapon isn't the problem. It's the fact that it's making smgs irrelevant. By slowing the firerate a d taking away the ability to add cj3, we eliminate this problem.
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Unclean said:
Under 10m, other shotguns beat it, after 30 m ARs beat it. If it has a fixed red choke on it (basically forcing ir3 or similar to it) then it slows the fire rate and decreases the spread forcing the player to aim down sights more efficiently and makes the weapon less forgiving.

again, the range of this weapon isn't the problem. It's the fact that it's making smgs irrelevant. By slowing the firerate a d taking away the ability to add cj3, we eliminate this problem.
alternatively, instead of adding more gun specific mechanics to the already overly complicated gameplay, just make the spread while firing from the hip similar to the nfas 

the shredder no more makes SMGs irrelevant than the carbine or the atac does

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
alternatively, instead of adding more gun specific mechanics to the already overly complicated gameplay, just make the spread while firing from the hip similar to the nfas 

True. I wouldn't mind large spread with hip firing.. it would punish those thinking it can do all

6 hours ago, swft said:

Whats insane to me is the fact that LO said they rushed the changes and shouldn't have, but instead of rushing a "hotfix" nerf to shotguns, they are going to take weeks to sort this mess. It's unbelievable.

And now they just went silent. I would just revert changes that no one asked for but it's their game. Maybe they want to be the only players left online...

4 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

are you dumb?

the last statement is literally nothing but delusion, i've never had an issue using an OCA or a PMG vs a carbine or atac. I win some lose some sure, but, i've never felt "wow this gun is broken".

Shredder is far better in every single sub 40m engagement than any of the above guns. Carbine is hot trash against players with a brain, what happened to this community?

whatever, to me now it is clear that most of you don't have the slighest idea what you're talking about, at least your posts made it into meme material status across a few discords.

i'm still making that video once I get some time off, never forget. Edited by Virgil
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Virgil said:
are you dumb?

the last statement is literally nothing but delusion, i've never had an issue using an OCA or a PMG vs a carbine or atac. I win some lose some sure, but, i've never felt "wow this gun is broken".

Shredder is far better in every single sub 40m engagement than any of the above guns. Carbine is hot trash against players with a brain, what happened to this community?

whatever, to me now it is clear that most of you don't have the slighest idea what you're talking about, at least your posts made it into meme material status across a few discords.

i'm still making that video once I get some time off, never forget.
idk what to tell you man, if reporting my own experiences makes me dumb then so be it, altho admittedly i did frame them more as facts than opinions

the shredder might be easy to use but that doesnt necessarily make it better than other options

and i have no idea how you're losing to the shredder with an oca lmao

Shotgun spread, range, all and all was just fine. If they were about to buff some other weapons for more damage, they could just have buffed some shotguns just a slightly little more damage, not so much but enough to keep up with other dmg tweaks. They were doing their job, being a CQC weapons to be used during fights inside alleys, while camping ladders during VIP missions, camping corners and for fast reaction.

Now they are basically working as rifles. May not be effective up to 40m as some are saying, but they are truly inflicting a hell of damage. That blyat video posted here basically showed it, we get the guy was in wide open field like a senseless duck, but never a shotgun should be allowed to do all that damage after 7 shots, considering the guy was jumping, not fully standing still. (and he didn't even switched to secondary lol, just bam bam bam with the Shredder)

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Arguable, depends on shredder modifications honestly IR3 makes it good at range but severely balances its ttk, and not sub 40m because shredder is jack crap past 30 normally due its recent changes, and takes a ttk of at least 1.1 at 26m. The reason its so good is because its a 3 hit weapon that doesnt need to stand in the open and fire, like all shotguns, against every other weapon that uses full auto.

The community lost its edgelords
8 minutes ago, Poperon said:

Shotgun spread, range, all and all was just fine. If they were about to buff some other weapons for more damage, they could just have buffed some shotguns just a slightly little more damage, not so much but enough to keep up with other dmg tweaks. They were doing their job, being a CQC weapons to be used during fights inside alleys, while camping ladders during VIP missions, camping corners and for fast reaction.

Now they are basically working as rifles. May not be effective up to 40m as some are saying, but they are truly inflicting a hell of damage. That blyat video posted here basically showed it, we get the guy was in wide open field like a senseless duck, but never a shotgun should be allowed to do all that damage after 7 shots, considering the guy was jumping, not fully standing still. (and he didn't even switched to secondary lol, just bam bam bam with the Shredder)

7 shots at that range is a ttk of over 1.8 seconds with a cqc-mid range shotgun, note CQC-MID. Shredder is NOT to be thought of as anything near the csg or jg let alone other sub 10m shotguns, if anyone dies at that range to a guy bunny hopping around they deserve to die against a shredder. They'd die just as easily to an ntec, star or any other weapon.

Everyone keeps acting like the shredder is some "new" weapon, its been around forever, been 20-30m shotting people since before the buff. But "suddenly" its not meant to be in that range? No, that's its range, doesn't matter if its a shotgun or not. It's a "unique" shotgun with its own niche. Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Arguable, depends on shredder modifications honestly IR3 makes it good at range but severely balances its ttk, and not sub 40m because shredder is jack crap past 30 normally due its recent changes, and takes a ttk of at least 1.1 at 26m. The reason its so good is because its a 3 hit weapon that doesnt need to stand in the open and fire, like all shotguns, against every other weapon that uses full auto.

The community lost its edgelords
7 shots at that range is a ttk of over 2 seconds with a cqc-mid range shotgun. Shredder is NOT to be thought of as anything near the csg or jg, if anyone dies at that range to a guy bunny hopping around they deserve to die.

Sure, Shredder range is more forgiving than CSG/JG, but definitely not like that. The guy was bunny hoping, and the Shredder guy was far from him. So, imho, none of them should be dead that fast, considering all the bunny hoping and the lack of use of a secondary weap from shredder's guy.

I certainly dunno why people are so resistent now to have shotguns reverted back. They are NOT balanced, from the moment almost EVERYONE decides to rely just on Shotguns and stop maining other weaps.
Huge example of this, is dating back to when Whisper was THE smg, and almost everyone had it. If you didn't, you were an easy target. Now it still sees some use, its still decent, but you have to work hard for the kills.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Poperon said:

Sure, Shredder range is more forgiving than CSG/JG, but definitely not like that. The guy was bunny hoping, and the Shredder guy was far from him. So, imho, none of them should be dead that fast, considering all the bunny hoping and the lack of use of a secondary weap from shredder's guy.

I certainly dunno why people are so resistent now to have shotguns reverted back. They are NOT balanced, from the moment almost EVERYONE decides to rely just on Shotguns and stop maining other weaps.
Huge example of this, is dating back to when Whisper was THE smg, and almost everyone had it. If you didn't, you were an easy target. Now it still sees some use, its still decent, but you have to work hard for the kills.
just because a weapon(s) becomes meta doesnt necessarily mean its overpowered, not disagreeing with your opinion just your reasoning
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Poperon said:

I mean, its kinda refreshing to NOT have the ntec meta be so toxic as it was and seeing something new. Seeing 2-3 ntecs in a single group of 4 was rather boring.

But I do believe that the changes should NOT be reverted, only tuned down a little bit. I honestly don't want to go back to a useless shredder that sits in my locker because its outdone in every way again, or jg because it can't 2 hit past 2m, or csg being useless in most situations past 5m. I am glad for the change of pace at least for now.

They also never touched the shredders bloom (to my knowledge) so the shredder only got the range and ttk buff other than the general shotgun buff. They are reverting the TTK one, which should balance it just fine.

It's not hard to kill bunny hopping with any shotgun or scout weapon tho, just saying. Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Thanks 1

On 8/20/2018 at 6:32 PM, CookiePuss said:

Its just so boring.
I cant believe Im longing for the N-TEC meta of old.

Actually used to Jg yesterday after while and all i can say is....yea...i'll stick my Ntec/oca/scout...and maybe carbine here and there.

LO reverting the g1 shotty nerfs is the only reason I came back to apb if they gut shottys as bad as g1 did I will quit again. better yet while I'm here why does everyone cry about shottys but not a word is said about lmgs when they consistently carry that fastest ttk in the game have the largest magazine capacities and have up to 70m range

Edited by kurbstomp88