CookiePuss

Wake me up when this JG / Shredder meta is over

For now I still appreciate them making changes. I'd rather have a few wonky ones than no changes for years. I doubt we have the population to survive many more wonky changes though.

• Like 1

glad im in a third world country with internet that is worse than dial up.

not able to experience the random weapon balances

I still get spammed with volcanoes  lately so I'm screwed either way *shrugs*
I'm not sure which one is used more at the moment

11 hours ago, dett2 said:

agree.
FIX shredder first.
N-TEC is fine. The problem is Shredder.
Shredder is really really broken now. 
And everyone are using shotgun , its boring.

i disagree...played for 2hours and in 70% of all the games i played atleast 1 of the 4 had a shotgun... so not everyone 

Shotguns are supposed to be good at close range, and that's where they are now, all that's left is to finetune the results so that they don't completely overshadow SMGs.

Shredder is bonkers tho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Getting grounded by shotguns at a range where I would expect assault rifles and submachine guns to do it. Yeah, not exactly how I expected to see my days go by. 😅

Shredder as it is now can be either a complete fail for who is using it or a complete disaster for who is at the other end. If you know what you're doing it becomes a living nightmare, but I dare say there are still players not able to exploit it to its (newly gained) full potential.

Well from last 4 days of playing i playvso often against groups running 2 JGs+Shredder and still 2JGs in every match its actually getting annoying... I got frustrated so quick by it.. So i am currently better not playing at all than being stressed out by 90% of playerbase playing tank nulander + JG runnin around car and corner peeking... 

34 minutes ago, Keshi said:
12 hours ago, dett2 said:

agree.
FIX shredder first.
N-TEC is fine. The problem is Shredder.
Shredder is really really broken now. 
And everyone are using shotgun , its boring.

i disagree...played for 2hours and in 70% of all the games i played atleast 1 of the 4 had a shotgun... so not everyone 
Sorry , I should say Now is Full of shotgun😊
Sooooooooooooo many JG Shredder thumper CSG user now.
once i got Op with shredder x2 , thumper , CSG and the stress makes my hairs go away.

25 minutes ago, dett2 said:
Sorry , I should say Now is Full of shotgun😊
Sooooooooooooo many JG Shredder thumper CSG user now.
once i got Op with shredder x2 , thumper , CSG and the stress makes my hairs go away.
but 1 thing tho i remember last week they said this week there is a patch that will nerf the shredder range... maybe we should just wait and see tomorrow 🤔

It's still funny to me some are defending the Shredder.  Gun was obv broken hour 1 of the update.

I've not logged in since patch day 😕  It's too scary.

• Like 1

There is no argument that the shredder is not broken; anyone who rents it can see for themselves. But as the saying goes; if you can't beat em , join em.

32 minutes ago, mynd said:

It's still funny to me some are defending the Shredder.  Gun was obv broken hour 1 of the update.

I've not logged in since patch day 😕  It's too scary.

I am still playing normally but still i agree how idk some people defending the shredder

Like ye it brought the gun some light but...not the light it needed...

honestly the shredder isn't the biggest issue, i'd say JG's are a bigger deal and possible some of the CSGs, they kill VERY quickly with half decent accuracy.

that said, most shotguns seem a bit over the top and it is quite boring to play like this.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Keshi said:
I am still playing normally but still i agree how idk some people defending the shredder

I assume this is because it isn't the stronger (or the most annoying depending on the points of view) of the bunch.

33 minutes ago, Psygo said:

honestly the shredder isn't the biggest issue, i'd say JG's are a bigger deal and possible some of the CSGs, they kill VERY quickly with half decent accuracy.

that said, most shotguns seem a bit over the top and it is quite boring to play like this.

Ironic a lot of people play shredder but i havnt had a problem against them. I also own one though, and find it funny to use  my shredder with a .84+(.84*.17) ttk and have people cry op. Like dude, my ttk is almost 1 second at 25m and you're complaining?
6 minutes ago, V2050 said:
33 minutes ago, Keshi said:

I assume this is because it isn't the stronger (or the most annoying depending on the points of view) of the bunch.
For me it's because i've had a shredder forever and i barely used it because it lost to EVERYTHING, even at 15m you couldn't 3 hit at times even with the .84 ttk which also got it killed all the time from ntec/oca/pmg/other shotguns. Now my ttk is ~.92-.96 and i'm having people cry about my shredder 3 hitting at 25m which was possible but somewhat rare before but now easily done with proper centermass tracking.

Like i'm out ttkd now by every cqc-midrange weapon in the game even the ODIN series, and i'm still getting people crying op because they havn't learned to counter it. It's not OP based on it's ttk at all, its op because people run in the open and expect to not get shot down. Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:
For me it's because i've had a shredder forever and i barely used it because it lost to EVERYTHING, even at 15m you couldn't 3 hit at times even with the .84 ttk which also got it killed all the time from ntec/oca/pmg/other shotguns. Now my ttk is ~.92-.96 and i'm having people cry about my shredder 3 hitting at 25m which was possible but somewhat rare before but now easily done.

Like i'm out ttkd now by every cqc-midrange weapon in the game even the ODIN series, and i'm still getting people crying op because they havn't learned to counter it.
TTK means nothing if you can't hit.

Now that the range is increased it's easier to be in your comfort zone. Also, the Shredder's fire rate isn't making you spew bullets like a garden hose so you have better chances to hit more shots in a row, whereas SMGs past a certain range will have it harder to hit the ideal TTK because the target is too small for their crosshairs.

I could be wrong, but this is how I would explain your success.

I see noone really complaining about how broken the Thumper is either lol.  

But yeah Shredder is completely overpowered broken patootie garbage that needs to be fucking fixed.  I extremely hate what theyve done with the HVR too in all honesty, might make a rant post later xd

I’m just bored from those jg/csg balance. When the csg should be more “sniper” (less spread, more dmg) in fact jg are beast in all ways.

9 hours ago, Similarities said:

I'm actually curious as to where all of the people who were defending (read: shilling) the shotguns are at, why aren't there more in this thread? There were a lot talking about how great it was just a week or so ago, now they're all MIA suddenly. 🤔

they’re probably playing the game instead of whining on the forums

6 hours ago, V2050 said:
TTK means nothing if you can't hit.

Now that the range is increased it's easier to be in your comfort zone. Also, the Shredder's fire rate isn't making you spew bullets like a garden hose so you have better chances to hit more shots in a row, whereas SMGs past a certain range will have it harder to hit the ideal TTK because the target is too small for their crosshairs.

I could be wrong, but this is how I would explain your success.
After the last range nerf on the shredder, it's still within its range and not increased (i think that change went into effect, i use the IR3 variant with like a ~.84 ttk or something crazy and it doesn't feel much different other than needing 1-2 bullets more in the 20-30m range at times, i dont try to fire past 30m much since it takes a lot of shots) while true about smg's, SMGS arent normally used past 20m nor should they be (other than PMG), where the shredder's range shines because the only other competitors are AR's and carbines. Even OCA and PMG start to lose out to rifles at 20-30m.

PMG has always been the longer range SMG as well and the OCA won't do well due past 20m due to accuracy reticule size at that range and it never really has. So PMG is its only 20-30m competitor other than other ARMAS weapons like the S1-NA. I rarely see PMGS now, only JG/csg/ntec

I have a LOT of enemies charge me by running in the open then cry op, or have 2 stand across the street, after I hit them with a nade, and fire at me in the open while I have cover and say its "op" for killing them with 4 hits each because "shotguns shouldn't hit 20-30m" (like what?!?) That's the gun's NICHE.

While it's firerate isnt making me spray, it's still long enough in cqc and even at 20m to kill me if i'm not conservative with how I play, and especially how I position myself.

The biggest problem i've noticed is that while i'm using this A LOT of people will rush in with no cover or run across a road with no cover 20-30m away, and then complain when they died, despite any other weapon in the niche doing the EXACT same thing, if not better.

While I agree that ttk means nothing if you can't hit, it is NOT my responsibility to ensure that an enemy can hit me easily at all times, and I pull similar stats to what I would while maining NTEC, OCA, or HVR. Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:
After the last range nerf on the shredder, it's still within its range and not increased (i think that change went into effect, i use the IR3 variant with like a .9-.99 ttk or something crazy and it doesn't feel much different other than needing 1-2 bullets more in the 20-30m range at times, i dont try to fire past 30m much since it takes a lot of shots) while true about smg's, SMGS arent normally used past 20m nor should they be (other than PMG), where the shredder's range shines because the only other competitors are AR's and carbines. Even OCA and PMG start to lose out to rifles at 20-30m.

PMG has always been the longer range SMG as well and the OCA won't do well due past 20m due to accuracy reticule size at that range and it never really has. So PMG is its only 20-30m competitor other than other ARMAS weapons like the S1-NA. I rarely see PMGS now, only JG/csg/ntec

I have a LOT of enemies charge me by running in the open then cry op, or have 2 stand across the street, after I hit them with a nade, and fire at me in the open while I have cover and say its "op" for killing them with 4 hits each because "shotguns shouldn't hit 20-30m" (like what?!?) That's the gun's NICHE.

While it's firerate isnt making me spray, it's still long enough in cqc and even at 20m to kill me if i'm not conservative with how I play, and especially how I position myself.

The biggest problem i've noticed is that while i'm using this A LOT of people will rush in with no cover or run across a road with no cover 20-30m away, and then complain when they died, despite any other weapon in the niche doing the EXACT same thing, if not better.

While I agree that ttk means nothing if you can't hit, it is NOT my responsibility to ensure that an enemy can hit me easily at all times, and I pull similar stats to what I would while maining NTEC, OCA, or HVR.
The ttk is .74 isn't it? with CJ3 .69 
drop off range is 20m, How is it balanced.
Anyway shotguns are overpowered now.
especially shredder and thumper.
I hope LO balanced them. Edited by dett2

But aren't shotguns better now? Some would even say "just buy a shottie and gg ez pz lemon squeezeeeeee"

I like the consistency of new shotguns, but its low ttk puts shotties on too good spot, and they basicaly overshadows smgs now. I d like shotguns consistency and even range to stay the same, but its TTK needs to be raised to draw shotguns back to its defensive roots instead of being unbeatable universal cqc weapon. Corner jumping, and taking advantage of covers between reloads is how pump shotties should be used. 

Problem of shredder lays in its hipfire accuracy. With RS3 I had no reason to aim in marksman mode at all. Decrease its hipfire accuracy. Problem solved. Its sure consistent but its rly not that op in short-mid range. It often costs one or more clips to kill an enemy staying 30-40m away. All it costs is not to sh*t your pants while somebody is shooting at you with shredder. Just fire back.

Sry but I dont find myself struggling to kill JG / CSG user, but the weapon indeed needs to be put back to its place.

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor

tbh this meta is the best apb has seen.

although i aswell hate the shredder meta, in every match without a shredder/nfas the matches are much more fun. everyone who crying on the IR changes and weapon update and want the old meta back were edgy ntec/oca/hvr QS warriors. its so refreshing to see guns getting gameplay and having to choose a loadout due to the mission location.

Yes the shotgun is strong and people are mad, but youre only mad cuz before u could spin ur mouse across ur keyboard with a ntec in cqc and get a double kill. now u actually have to play midrange vs a shotgun.

'WOW wtf??? this game is trash a shotgun juss rushed me within 3m and 2 tapped me up close before i could kill it with my ntec? :(((( trash game i want old meta'
-every old head edgy ntec warrior

i agree the shredder needs huge nerf, otherwise balance. shotguns should always outplay any gun cqc. best way to counter a shotty spammer? get a shotty and out aim them. or get a submachine gun and out sidestep them.

• Like 2