APBClips

Twitch clips of the week! (#3 OUT NOW)

Hello everyone!

I will keep this thread updated with the latest videos, I'm aiming to make this a weekly thing if we can get enough submissions!

Enjoy!

If you would like to submit clips for the next video please use this link: https://goo.gl/forms/qlhxVWQlpyXH2rDr2 Edited by APBClips
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

That's actually great, could see myself being in one of those one day. Well edited aswell, keep it up!

Edited by Frosi
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Frosi said:

That's actually great, could see myself being in one of those one day. Well edited aswell, keep it up!

Thank you so much!

If you have any clips from this week or last week feel free to submit them!

I'm aiming to improve the editing with each video I upload and eventually end up with a professional looking structure for the series.

5 hours ago, APBClips said:
I'm aiming to improve the editing with each video I upload and eventually end up with a professional looking structure for the series.
- Shorten the intro (~5s)
- Cut the outro (30 secs is too much/use music that appeals to a wider demographic)
- Remove the emotes 
- Use a different font/twitch label (you want people to focus on the clip, not the label)

Otherwise, good effort and I'm appreciative of someone taking the time to do this 😄

1 hour ago, Nevv said:
- Shorten the intro (~5s)
- Cut the outro (30 secs is too much/use music that appeals to a wider demographic)
- Remove the emotes 
- Use a different font/twitch label (you want people to focus on the clip, not the label)

Otherwise, good effort and I'm appreciative of someone taking the time to do this 😄
Thank you for the feedback! I will take your points into consideration for the next video 😉

Glad you enjoyed it! 😄 

Edit: With regards to the emotes, I will try to minimise them however sometimes they're necessary to give a bit of context to the clip 🙂 
Edited by APBClips
  • Like 1

I remember this was done really well for Oldschool Runescape by a guy named Chris Archie. It included voiced commentary before each clip, roughly explaining the clip and leaving the twist out for you to see for yourself, with credits given at the end of video with links in description. I liked his videos a lot, maybe check em out and see if you can get some good ideas from them.

• Like 1

This is a cool idea and it's cool to see so many familiar faces. 

Btw there are some golden moments from my last Pay2Grief with Shini. We get bugged into a wall twice and there was this:

Edited by WitchQueen
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 10:29 PM, WitchQueen said:

This is a cool idea and it's cool to see so many familiar faces. 

Btw there are some golden moments from my last Pay2Grief with Shini. We get bugged into a wall twice and there was this:

Thank you for the clip!

EPISODE #2 OUT NOW!

I have listened to the feedback on this thread and taken a slightly different approach with this one, hope you enjoy!

Edited by APBClips
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, APBClips said:

EPISODE #2 OUT NOW!

I have listened to the feedback on this thread and taken a slightly different approach with this one, hope you enjoy!

Getting better, just need a few tweaks:
  • At the intro, center the logo and text
  • It's still 10 seconds long
  • The numbers shouldn't last too long as to obstruct the view of the clip
  • Top left banner still looks out of place (maybe just use a gradient or even plain font?)
  • The red/blue outro box should be adjusted to fit the position of the previous video

Things to consider:
  • Does the typewriter effect stylistically suit APB as a whole?
  • Why number the clips if you're not going to rank them?

Intro and outro scenes were great, outro music was decent and I appreciate the effort to address feedback. Good work!

I would try to equalize the audio between the clips. Some are quite loud and others quiet.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I would try to equalize the audio between the clips. Some are quite loud and others quiet.

Thank you, I will take this into consideration for the next video.

On 8/20/2018 at 5:57 PM, APBClips said:

1:12 yooo ... lmfao

Hey everyone!

Quick update: I haven't forgotten about this, I've had a really busy week and I'm aiming to push out episode 3 tomorrow 😉

Stay tuned!

Quick update: For those of you wondering why I haven't uploaded #4 yet, this time I'm saving up the clips to make a much longer episode, when I push out a video each week they're usually only around 3 minutes long and I've received quite a few messages asking for longer episodes. Stay tuned, episode 4 will be coming soon!

• Like 2