MattScott

We are not making changes to Joker Boxes

You are great Matt, finally a CEO that leads the community to a true happiness, finally being shared with anything related to the game.

Thanks Matt, you are awesome!

Loot boxes isnt an issue in apb... people spending like 1k dollars and not getting legendaries while someone else spending 20dollars gets 1... which to me is still gambling... fix the jokerboxes and give those who spend allot of money good items for what they are throwing at the boxes instead of 3day atacs... atleast that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DanRO13 said:

As for vehicles, tbh, scrap the whole trial options and have them permanent 

All of the JMB vehicles already give you a permanent unlock.

8 minutes ago, Agdgdgwengo said:

You shouldn't take EA as example.

regardless of how the consumers see EA they are and most likely will remain an industry leader, if only because they are such a behemoth of a corporation

so when/if they pull loot boxes it will A) be absolutely unavoidable to do so, and B) jumpstart a domino effect of companies doing the same thing

I wish it was universal that ALL companies had to disclose odds for loot box content.

• Like 2

Unrelated to topic, but you're acing the communications, APB seems to be in good hands, old players are coming back, keep rocking 🙂

Oh thank god. I sometimes share legendary weapons with friends and was hoping they wouldn't get character locked.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mynd said:

I wish it was universal that ALL companies had to disclose odds for loot box content.

Yea, then wed really see how pitifull the rates are and companies wouldnt like that cause then they would lose sales and have to increase the rates from gambling lows (which is how low they are currently)

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Yea, then wed really see how pitifull the rates are and companies wouldnt like that cause then they would lose sales and have to increase the rates from gambling lows (which is how low they are currently)

Regardless, it's a shady practice hiding the odds.

i think this is the best still i wonder what the other items wil give us ...

Hi Matt:

I watched the Q&A and I was so glad just go see that this title is off in a promising direction. I listened to your response regarding joker boxes, trading, scam prevention, netherlands policy, etc. This is my thought on it as well:

Hypothetically speaking, let's say the talks of banning trade on ledgendaries was progressing. Maybe there is a solution(s) on how to protect players from scams, yet make it fair for everyone. What if there was a program written for trading ledgendaries?

1. Player enters marketplace to place a trade or sell.

2. The program asks the player: " Do you wish to sell or trade", etc.

3. The player in this instance selects "trade".

4. The program then prompts the player to select which weapon to trade from their inventory.

5. Then, the program prompts the player to select the secondary weapon to be traded in exchange for the first weapon from a list of all possible ledgendary weapons. (In this case, the player will select the weapon agreed upon by another player, or just the desired weapon)

6. The player can then set a time period allowed for the trade, as well as specify who the trade is intended for.(may it be another player, or a general trade)

7. If conditions are met, with the exact weapons in place, the trade will complete.  However, if condtions are not met, being the desired weapon of the first player was not placed by the second player, or the second player has no ledendary weapons at all, the trade will not complete and will notify the second player that the conditions were not satisfied. 

Hopefully a system of the sort could help eliminate the need for a "middleman" to be present, as well as scams.

OR

Ledendary weapons are not tradeable, but probability of unlocking weapons are higher, or more bundles are created with multiple ledgenary weapons present.

Edited by Celesto

That's the best decision to not ride along the horses with this stupid "gambling" shit, why they're not making rules on the money gambling which is "legal" thingy, hows it called Lottery? oh yes.

do they have sticker collections and trading card games in that country? Because by logic this would be gambling too, you pay a price for not knowing what to get.

17 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Danke Scott!

I really don't want to see JMBs removed, but I guess I see what you're saying.

Maybe put a limit on JMB purchases? IDK.

I'd clarify by saying a limited amount of joker mystery box bought whatever the one chosen per account.

Like if someone as bought for 600$ there's a gambling problem and this image isn't something that should be practiced too much if you don't wanna look too greedy on your clients.

Edited by jarko
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mynd said:

Regardless, it's a shady practice hiding the odds.

I know, and unless legislation is passed it wont change

10 hours ago, Celesto said:

Hi Matt:

I watched the Q&A and I was so glad just go see that this title is off in a promising direction. I listened to your response regarding joker boxes, trading, scam prevention, netherlands policy, etc. This is my thought on it as well:

Hypothetically speaking, let's say the talks of banning trade on ledgendaries was progressing. Maybe there is a solution(s) on how to protect players from scams, yet make it fair for everyone. What if there was a program written for trading ledgendaries?

1. Player enters marketplace to place a trade or sell.

2. The program asks the player: " Do you wish to sell or trade", etc.

3. The player in this instance selects "trade".

4. The program then prompts the player to select which weapon to trade from their inventory.

5. Then, the program prompts the player to select the secondary weapon to be traded in exchange for the first weapon from a list of all possible ledgendary weapons. (In this case, the player will select the weapon agreed upon by another player, or just the desired weapon)

6. The player can then set a time period allowed for the trade, as well as specify who the trade is intended for.(may it be another player, or a general trade)

7. If conditions are met, with the exact weapons in place, the trade will complete.  However, if condtions are not met, being the desired weapon of the first player was not placed by the second player, or the second player has no ledendary weapons at all, the trade will not complete and will notify the second player that the conditions were not satisfied. 

Hopefully a system of the sort could help eliminate the need for a "middleman" to be present, as well as scams.

OR

Ledendary weapons are not tradeable, but probability of unlocking weapons are higher, or more bundles are created with multiple ledgenary weapons present.

what if the market can stay how it is, putting your gun for sale/trade
And someone who wants to make a trade can make an offer(putting his item(s) and send the offer. And you can also accept if you agree, combined with 2step authentication to make sure its not someone else on your account(hopefully doesnt have your cellphone either) to complete the trade.

3 hours ago, Keshi said:

what if the market can stay how it is, putting your gun for sale/trade
And someone who wants to make a trade can make an offer(putting his item(s) and send the offer. And you can also accept if you agree, combined with 2step authentication to make sure its not someone else on your account(hopefully doesnt have your cellphone either) to complete the trade.

That would be awesome, and also less complicated than what I said. Hahaha

The chance for winning said legendary, should be shown. In should be in compliance with the law. I was very tired in the past when the same crap car instead of what I wanted.

Matt had one chance to get rid of the scummy loot box taint, and missed that chance. Oh well.

What about something akin to WoW, you click on the player and select 'Trade'. A trade window opens, each person can place an item(s) to be traded and the transaction is not complete unless they both click 'Accept'. Boom. Items traded.